Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,509 members, 7,826,935 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (369) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1028150 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 12:09pm On Oct 22, 2019
boommer:

Goodmorning, this is my 8year since I graduated from secondary school I wish to study computer science in canada, do I stand a chance considering the age gap?
How old are you and what have you been doing for the past 8 years? All that will go a long way in determining your chances
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 12:11pm On Oct 22, 2019
FolaRauf:
Please if my company is sponsoring for Masters, what are the documents I need to get from them for proof of funds.
Let them pay your tuition fee and transfer your living expenses into your account (that will cover your funds). Also, they can include their own SOA and any other document such as company registration, tax etc.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ginaruby: 12:14pm On Oct 22, 2019
FolaRauf:
Please if my company is sponsoring for Masters, what are the documents I need to get from them for proof of funds.

Sponsorship letter
6 months account statement
CAC certificate

I think that's all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by lordgemini: 12:18pm On Oct 22, 2019
Alright thank you very much ..

Obehi44:

1. At age 26, well, that age is not too good and not too bad to apply for an undergraduate degree. But since you are on the verge of getting your BSc, it will by far favour you to wait and apply for a masters or PGD/C. But in the main time while you are waiting, start putting together information and documents you may need to apply.
2. Since your name is already in the Canadian immigration system, it will be advisable that you get that agent to give you the information to your cic account. I am sure that is the same place they will link any other application that comes with your name and passport number as regards information giving previously.
I hope others can help you more on this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by darey360(m): 12:20pm On Oct 22, 2019
Fanshawe college or Conestoga which is better pls? got an admission to both
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by yomeximas: 1:58pm On Oct 22, 2019
FolaRauf:
Good morning Everyone,

If my company is sponsoring me for masters what document do I need to get from the company to show proof of funds?

-Company's CAC certificates,
-Tax Clearance certificate
-Appointment Letter/promotion letter (if available)
-Account statement/proof of fund
-Consent letter from MD/HR
-Court Affidavit
-Your ID card

Then you do your part well enough to convince the VO.

Just my little piece but trust the gurus in the house
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 2:17pm On Oct 22, 2019
AlFath:

Hello,

Please, based on your response. I would like to ask some questions I had been wondering about;

What is the difference between Review of eligibility and Background check as it relate to Canadian visa?

What are being checked under both?

Why is it that some visa application take more than specified time to be approved and some refused less than a month after they applied?

I know you are not a VO, but experience count. Not for Naijaforeiner alone, please, other gurus let's hear from you.

Thank you.

Apologies for my late reply.

Background check: They check your documents to be sure they are genuine, they also check for information you filled in the IMM form, to be sure they are correct, they sometimes check for criminal records and so forth.

Review of Eligibility: Is the applicant applying for the right visa? Is the applicant applying from the right territory? Is the applicant qualified? Does the applicant have all the documents before they process further? Any mistake at this stage can lead to automatic refusal depending on the VO handling the application.

Applications can be refused immediately or take forever depending on so many factors.
Are there back log of applications? Can they easily verify the documents the applicant has submitted? Where is the applicant applying from? Who is the applicant? Do they need to further verify some information?

The documents submitted by the applicant needs to be verified and sometimes these processes are not carried out by CIC, they may need to contact your bank, home office if applying from UK, their medical team, your school in some cases and so forth.

For example, someone close to me on this forum (she lives in Nigeria) applied for SOWP and she decided to submit the application in Canada. Her hubby is in Canada.
The VO had to return the documents and told her to re-submit in Nigeria and not Canada. Some VO’s will automatically deny the application at this stage (This also falls under eligibility review).

A single mistake on the IMM form can make them reject an application in weeks or months depending on who the VO handling the application is.

Another example, a student here in Canada applied for study permit renewal. She made a mistake on her IMM form and she was denied after waiting for 7 weeks. She had to reapply again before she was approved. The sad part is, when you are denied TRV in Canada and asked to reapply, you cannot study or work during the process.

These VO’s are not predictable.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Bertram87: 2:32pm On Oct 22, 2019
darey360:
Fanshawe college or Conestoga which is better pls? got an admission to both

Both schools are good, but for me I would choose Conestoga College.

Please which term did you get an admission for at Conestoga College?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Opesho(m): 2:33pm On Oct 22, 2019
Good day guys. I have just been denied my Canadian study permit. I need an urgent help on how to go about my re-application and also area I need to force more. I was denied for 2 reasons. 1.I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

2.I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

+

+

+

+

+

You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by darey360(m): 3:04pm On Oct 22, 2019
Why Conestoga pls?
For the Term , its May
Bertram87:

Both schools are good, but for me I would choose Conestoga College.

Please which term did you get an admission for at Conestoga College?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 3:04pm On Oct 22, 2019
Good afternoon, I intend sponsoring myself abroad and have been working and hustling towards it.

Will this be acceptable because I have no sponsor ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by zamony: 3:05pm On Oct 22, 2019
Share your profile here, when did you apply and what route
Opesho:
Good day guys. I have just been denied my Canadian study permit. I need an urgent help on how to go about my re-application and also area I need to force more. I was denied for 2 reasons. 1.I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

2.I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

+

+

+

+

+

You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by dekere: 4:18pm On Oct 22, 2019
Hello friends,

With the Re-election of Canada PM congratulation chat can be send to him on twitter (other social media) and request for him to wad-in and look into the high refusal rate from Kenya.

My little take on the high rate.

https://twitter.com/JustinTrudeau
https://www.instagram.com/justinpjtrudeau/
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by zamony: 5:05pm On Oct 22, 2019
Link to use bro, I think that will help us all to comment
dekere:
Hello friends,

With the Re-election of Canada PM congratulation chat can be send to him on twitter (other social media) and request for he to wad-in and look into the high refusal rate from Kenya.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by AlFath(m): 5:22pm On Oct 22, 2019
Naijaforeigner:

Apologies for my late reply.

Background check: They check your documents to be sure they are genuine, they also check for information you filled in the IMM form, to be sure they are correct, they sometimes check for criminal records and so forth.

Review of Eligibility: Is the applicant applying for the right visa? Is the applicant applying from the right territory? Is the applicant qualified? Does the applicant have all the documents before they process further? Any mistake at this stage can lead to automatic refusal depending on the VO handling the application.

Applications can be refused immediately or take forever depending on so many factors.
Are there back log of applications? Can they easily verify the documents the applicant has submitted? Where is the applicant applying from? Who is the applicant? Do they need to further verify some information?

The documents submitted by the applicant needs to be verified and sometimes these processes are not carried out by CIC, they may need to contact your bank, home office if applying from UK, their medical team, your school in some cases and so forth.

For example, someone close to me on this forum (she lives in Nigeria) applied for SOWP and she decided to submit the application in Canada. Her hubby is in Canada.
The VO had to return the documents and told her to re-submit in Nigeria and not Canada. Some VO’s will automatically deny the application at this stage (This also falls under eligibility review).

A single mistake on the IMM form can make them reject an application in weeks or months depending on who the VO handling the application is.

Another example, a student here in Canada applied for study permit renewal. She made a mistake on her IMM form and she was denied after waiting for 7 weeks. She had to reapply again before she was approved. The sad part is, when you are denied TRV in Canada and asked to reapply, you cannot study or work during the process.

These VO’s are not predictable.

Thank you so much. God bless you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ginaruby: 6:27pm On Oct 22, 2019
Opesho:

+

+

+

+

+

Please when did you submit your application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 7:24pm On Oct 22, 2019
mcobex:
How old are you and what have you been doing for the past 8 years? All that will go a long way in determining your chances
I finished secondary school exactly 8yrs ago also but am skilled in plumbing and electrical works and I also own a cyber cafe business.

Is there any chance for me because I intend studying computer science in the university ?

How much can be used to process this thing cos am the one sponsoring myself ?

What visa type is best for me?

Please I need answers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Opesho(m): 8:14pm On Oct 22, 2019
I submitted 23rd of September, got my biometric confirmation October 17 2019. Denied 22 October 2019, School resume January 13 2020. I look forward getting my study permit before resumption day. I will like to know Step to take to reapply. Thanks
Ginaruby:

Please when did you submit your application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Rennie97: 8:16pm On Oct 22, 2019
Hi everyone I got this reason for my denial please can anyone help out

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Joshnerl: 8:41pm On Oct 22, 2019
Hello house

Am an undergraduate student, I applied to Brandon University, on the application I stated I obtained my waec in 2019, and then I mistakenly put a school attended before obtaining my waec, as post secondary certificate what do I do please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by abelorode: 9:43pm On Oct 22, 2019
Joshnerl:
Hello house

Am an undergraduate student, I applied to Brandon University, on the application I stated I obtained my waec in 2019, and then I mistakenly put a school attended before obtaining my waec, as post secondary certificate what do I do please

Josh there is only one thing you can do, and that is awaiting the outcome of the application. You may be flagged for misrepresentation though.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 10:43pm On Oct 22, 2019
Goodbloke:
I finished secondary school exactly 8yrs ago also but am skilled in plumbing and electrical works and I also own a cyber cafe business.

Is there any chance for me because I intend studying computer science in the university ?

How much can be used to process this thing cos am the one sponsoring myself ?

What visa type is best for me?

Please I need answers
You have a chance of getting your study visa, though difficult but not impossible.
As for the amount, you have to search for schools offering your intended course and see their tuition fee. Apart from the tuition fee, you need additional $10,000/year for the entire duration of your program (since you are sponsoring yourself).
i.e If let's say your Bsc program is for 3 years, you need to show tuition fee for the 3 years + $30,000 ($10,000/year) for your living expenses. As you can see the fund might be too much for you to afford at once.
Another option is if you have a sponsor, he/she can help you with funds that covers your tuition and living expenses for just one year and he will show proof that he can continue paying for other years(this proof can be his source of income and commercial properties).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 10:53pm On Oct 22, 2019
mcobex:
You have a chance of getting your study visa, though difficult but not impossible.
As for the amount, you have to search for schools offering your intended course and see their tuition fee. Apart from the tuition fee, you need additional $10,000/year for the entire duration of your program (since you are sponsoring yourself).
i.e If let's say your Bsc program is for 3 years, you need to show tuition fee for the 3 years + $30,000 ($10,000/year) for your living expenses. As you can see the fund might be too much for you to afford at once.
Another option is if you have a sponsor, he/she can help you with funds that covers your tuition and living expenses for just one year and he will show proof that he can continue paying for other years(this proof can be his source of income and commercial properties).
what If I try to move to apply for scholarship ?

Will that better my chances?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ginaruby: 2:43am On Oct 23, 2019
Opesho:
I submitted 23rd of September, got my biometric confirmation October 17 2019. Denied 22 October 2019, School resume January 13 2020. I look forward getting my study permit before resumption day. I will like to know Step to take to reapply. Thanks

I don't really know much about how they calculate things, but I think you should work more on your SOP, try telling a convincing and interesting story and copy gurus in these fora to help you proofread.

Then that home ties; I really can't tell how to work that home tie out. The gurus here can help, we will be learning.
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ginaruby: 2:50am On Oct 23, 2019
Can I know if an application is approved from Vfsglobal link if I track it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by obaxlove(m): 8:58am On Oct 23, 2019
dekere:
Hello friends,

With the Re-election of Canada PM congratulation chat can be send to him on twitter (other social media) and request for him to wad-in and look into the high refusal rate from Kenya.

https://twitter.com/JustinTrudeau
https://www.instagram.com/justinpjtrudeau/

No time.

https://twitter.com/obaxlove87/status/1186914704473706496?s=19

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by yomeximas: 10:38am On Oct 23, 2019
Opesho:

January ke? Simply defer your Admission till next September and turn to gurus(in the house) to guide you on next steps to take.

No need to hurry chief and you know that once bitten twice shy.

My humble opinion though.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 10:41am On Oct 23, 2019
Naijaforeigner:
Happy birthday Frankrobbn1, you have been a blessing to so many of us on this forum. I still remember reading your posts back to back last year to get all the information needed for my TRV.

May God Almighty grant all your wishes and perfect all that concerns you in Jesus name (amen).

AMEN my brother. Thanks very much for the prayers and best wishes. You've also been a good and supportive member of this platform. Glad to hear that you're able to make the most of my posts in securing your TRV. My best wishes are with you at Fanshawe.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Centripetal234: 10:53am On Oct 23, 2019
Please who knows how to calculate CGPA to that of Canadian percentage
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by yomeximas: 11:26am On Oct 23, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

Oh I missed this,happy birthday in arrears.

He that waters shall be watered beyond measure and may heaven continue to smile on you.

You once commented there hasnt been a TRV that lasted more than 13months and I have confirmed your expertise with hubby's study permit that was granted in July, will share the story before the week runs out.

Thanks for being there.

Can I private chat you please?

Thank you very very much my good people. cool cool I am grateful for the best wishes and prayers and I say AMEN to them. I'm honored to be celebrated amidst you all. God bless you all immensely and keep you to witness the good things of life.

@Justasking, what's your friend's CGPA in the university? If she graduated with a 2.1 her sporting chance of securing a Canadian TRV is to apply for a direct master's program. Contrary to this, then a college post graduate diploma program will be fine for her.

Thank you!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Glasses1: 11:28am On Oct 23, 2019
Anyone paid tuition recently from 9ja to CA? I want to pay my Seneca College Tuition fee but not been able to find a good way to go about it... any help pls?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Opesho(m): 11:31am On Oct 23, 2019
Thank a lot, I will work on the SOP, in respect to the home tie and in Canada, I never mentioned having relationship with any one in Canada, but my sponsor work and stay in America, if that could be the reason I will like to know what I can do.
Ginaruby:

I don't really know much about how they calculate things, but I think you should work more on your SOP, try telling a convincing and interesting story and copy gurus in these fora to help you proofread.

Then that home ties; I really can't tell how to work that home tie out. The gurus here can help, we will be learning.
Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.