Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,924 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (370) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1022344 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Opesho(m): 11:32am On Oct 23, 2019
Thanks
yomeximas:

January ke? Simply defer your Admission till next September and turn to gurus(in the house) to guide you on next steps to take.

No need to hurry chief and you know that once bitten twice shy.

My humble opinion though.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Alkidam(m): 12:07pm On Oct 23, 2019
Hello house, my BVL just dropped now. Thats outright refusal right?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by cuteguy201: 12:19pm On Oct 23, 2019
I do not think it's best to have such notion in mind.
Alkidam:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by yomeximas: 12:33pm On Oct 23, 2019
cuteguy201:
I do not think it's best to have such notion in mind.

Your guess is as good as mine.This house-member shouldn't be pessimistic and that it's happened to some shouldn't be made a standard
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ayodeji786: 12:41pm On Oct 23, 2019
Alkidam:

Did you do upfront medical? And was it updated to pass?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Alkidam(m): 12:45pm On Oct 23, 2019
Ayodeji786:

Did you do upfront medical? And was it updated to pass?
No i didnt do medical. I submitted via paper route on 27th september
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by fehinebony(f): 1:52pm On Oct 23, 2019
Alkidam:
Mine just dropped too, submitted 27th of September, paper route.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by benque: 2:15pm On Oct 23, 2019
This house members aren't being pessimistic, they are only telling you what happens based on a trend that goes back at least 6 months.

yomeximas:

Your guess is as good as mine.This house-member shouldn't be pessimistic and that it's happened to some shouldn't be made a standard

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ayodeji786: 2:42pm On Oct 23, 2019
Alkidam:

No i didnt do medical. I submitted via paper route on 27th september

It is well.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by orlarjydey(m): 3:13pm On Oct 23, 2019
Please I want to apply for Canadian visa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Flashing: 3:35pm On Oct 23, 2019
Hello house, please what will i upload at the column " request for medical exam". What form will i download and upload there. Please help as am about submitting my online application. Those that applied online should please tell me what IMM form to download to upload there. Thanks all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by gr8full2God: 3:59pm On Oct 23, 2019
Guru in the house pls I need help, I am planning to reapply.
Submitted on 18 Sept first app
BVL 16 Oct, Denied 10hrs later

Timeline
Bsc Computer science 2:2
Going for PGC (Database management and computer Software) 2years program
Am single

Docs
Dad is my sponsor
Statement of #100 million savings
Statement 20m company account
Paid 1st semester fees 10k cad
He transfer 2.5m to my account as LV
Company CAC, Memorandum
He as two company, my name is not part of the director in the first company but my is name part of the director in the second one, I submitted both
And all necessary document e.g passport page, affidavit, sponsorship letter
Sop, programming language certificate, mobile app cert, networking cert,
I work in my fathers company,
6 month contract approval letter from a company to run a maintenance check on there system.
7 landed document (dad)
My own land document

But I think my SOP is not convincing enough, story plenty, I did not give anyone to proofread. I already order for my GCMS

Guru in the house pls help, what and what you think I should add.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 4:08pm On Oct 23, 2019
Goodbloke:
what If I try to move to apply for scholarship ?

Will that better my chances?
Yes it will help with funds. If you secure funding then it means you don't need much money but I doubt if you will get funding for undergraduate program.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 4:12pm On Oct 23, 2019
Flashing:
Hello house, please what will i upload at the column " request for medical exam". What form will i download and upload there. Please help as am about submitting my online application. Those that applied online should please tell me what IMM form to download to upload there. Thanks all
Leave it blank since you haven't done your upfront medical. If CIC want you to go for medical they will send an email to that effect later on.
Good luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Flashing: 4:18pm On Oct 23, 2019
mcobex:
Leave it blank since you haven't done your upfront medical. If CIC want you to go for medical they will send an email to that effect later on. Thanks.
Good luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 4:20pm On Oct 23, 2019
mcobex:
Yes it will help with funds. If you secure funding then it means you don't need much money but I doubt if you will get funding for undergraduate program.
I have been able to save a substantial amount of money but I dunno if it’s gonna be enough
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by lynniebabes(f): 4:21pm On Oct 23, 2019
My medical just changed to pass. I submitted 11th of October. eligibility and background check started running concurrently. Same thing happened with my previous application. Same time frame and I was refused three weeks later. Anyone with such experience?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by zamony: 5:01pm On Oct 23, 2019
Is this your Second Application?
lynniebabes:
My medical just changed to pass. I submitted 11th of October. eligibility and background check started running concurrently. Same thing happened with my previous application. Same time frame and I was refused three weeks later. Anyone with such experience?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by lynniebabes(f): 5:19pm On Oct 23, 2019
Yes it is
zamony:
Is this your Second Application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 5:36pm On Oct 23, 2019
Goodbloke:
I have been able to save a substantial amount of money but I dunno if it’s gonna be enough

Do your calculations and see if you have enough to study in Canada with or without scholarship, if you don't have enough cash to do that then you can try other countries with lower lower cost.
The mistake most people do is they want to go to Canada at all cost and that (most times) backfires. What should determine where you study most importantly should be the cost, then other things. Canada is a great place to study but if you can't afford then you can try other countries (with lesser tuition fee and cost of living), and in future try Canada(that's if you still want to ).
NB: What I said above is not just for you but for everyone reading this do please don't take it personal.
Good luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 5:43pm On Oct 23, 2019
mcobex:

Do your calculations and see if you have enough to study in Canada with or without scholarship, if you don't have enough cash to do that then you can try other countries with lower lower cost.
The mistake most people do is they want to go to Canada at all cost and that (most times) backfires. What should determine where you study most importantly should be the cost, then other things. Canada is a great place to study but if you can't afford then you can try other countries (with lesser tuition fee and cost of living), and in future try Canada(that's if you still want to ).
NB: What I said above is not just for you but for everyone reading this do please don't take it personal.
Good luck
Thanks boss I appreciate it

But can you gimme a list of countries that I can try out , I just want to escape this country before 2023 by God’s grace

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 6:09pm On Oct 23, 2019
Goodbloke:
Thanks boss I appreciate it

But can you gimme a list of countries that I can try out , I just want to escape this country before 2023 by God’s grace
I don't have any in mind right now, but you can checkout some European countries to see if they have what you want and their visa process as well(very important).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 6:12pm On Oct 23, 2019
mcobex:
I don't have any in mind right now, but you can checkout some European countries to see if they have what you want and their visa process as well(very important).
Thanks chief
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ginaruby: 6:27pm On Oct 23, 2019
gr8full2God:

Timeline
Going for PGD (Database management and computer Software) 2years program
Am single

Docs
Dad is my sponsor
Company CAC, Memorandum
He as two company, my name is not part of the director in the first company but my is name part of the director in the second one, I submitted both
6 month contract approval letter from a company to run a maintenance check on there system.
7 landed document (dad)
My own land document

But I think my SOP is not convincing enough, story plenty, I did not give anyone to proofread. I already order for my GCMS

If an application like this is rejected i get confused,
can someone help us understand.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Orlarshaynee: 6:29pm On Oct 23, 2019
What was the reason for refusal the first time?
lynniebabes:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Orlarshaynee: 6:34pm On Oct 23, 2019
The truth is they do this on purpose. They know a lot of people try to come in through the study route, so they try to be overly strict with approvals.
Ginaruby:

If an application like this is rejected i get confused,
can someone help us understand.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 6:48pm On Oct 23, 2019
gr8full2God:

Timeline
Going for PGD (Database management and computer Software) 2years program
Am single

Docs
Dad is my sponsor
Company CAC, Memorandum
7 landed document (dad)
My own land document

If this is your first application then this missing LOE is not necessary. But I can't see a 'consent letter' from your sponsor, a leave letter that proves your job is secured when you return. Aside that, to ans your question on what and what you should add? I will rather say you reduce or remove some things because I can imagine how bulky your application will be with a 7 landed documents.
It is true that no two applications are same, and that all app are unique in their own way to the eyes of the VO. But I think some people tends to upload documents that are not required or relevant to a visa application.
Yes, some things you mention in your letter as what you have or have obtained should be backed up with documents, but certainly not all. Because if that happens, many people who have gotten their visa would not have gotten it. Sometimes visa officers likes it simple. But honestly no one knows what works. No set standards.
Anyway, this is just my opinion as regards your post base on my little experience.
Others can contribute and then you should follow your mind but most importantly pray for Grace. This visa thing Na just Grace.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 6:58pm On Oct 23, 2019
lynniebabes:
The outcome or and time frame on your first app may not be the same.
Normally medical being passed use to be like 80-90% good to go. But like you already know, things have changed and you too can testify. Therefore, I can only advice you that you pray and hope that the changes you made and refusal response you gave to this your new application turns out good to favour you for approval.
It will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by lynniebabes(f): 8:47pm On Oct 23, 2019
Purpose of visit. I ordered gcms and was told my sop was vague and poorly documented. Which I tried to rectify with the help of some in house guru. I don’t what’s wrong with this people. Though I have a valid visit visa. I have been to Canada and back.
Orlarshaynee:
What was the reason for refusal the first time?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by lynniebabes(f): 8:49pm On Oct 23, 2019
Amen. Thanks
Obehi44:

The outcome or and time frame on your first app may not be the same.
Normally medical being passed use to be like 80-90% good to go. But like you already know, things have changed and you too can testify. Therefore, I can only advice you that you pray and hope that the changes you made and refusal response you gave to this your new application turns out good to favour you for approval.
It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by MissMichelleA(f): 8:51pm On Oct 23, 2019
Hi. Is a consent letter different from the sponsorship letter?
If so what does the format look like?
Obehi44:

If this is your first application then this missing LOE is not necessary. But I can't see a 'consent letter' from your sponsor, a leave letter that proves your job is secured when you return. Aside that, to ans your question on what and what you should add? I will rather say you reduce or remove some things because I can imagine how bulky your application will be with a 7 landed documents.
It is true that no two applications are same, and that all app are unique in their own way to the eyes of the VO. But I think some people tends to upload documents that are not required or relevant to a visa application.
Yes, some things you mention in your letter as what you have or have obtained should be backed up with documents, but certainly not all. Because if that happens, many people who have gotten their visa would not have gotten it. Sometimes visa officers likes it simple. But honestly no one knows what works. No set standards.
Anyway, this is just my opinion as regards your post base on my little experience.
Others can contribute and then you should follow your mind but most importantly pray for Grace. This visa thing Na just Grace.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ujunwa2020: 11:19pm On Oct 23, 2019
How do I contact Quebec, I tried calling them but they are talking in french

(1) (2) (3) ... (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.