Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,783 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (371) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1022854 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by MissMichelleA(f): 11:28pm On Oct 23, 2019
Can someone please explain this?
I have searched all over google and the only mention of a consent letter is for minors and I am not a minor
MissMichelleA:
Hi. Is a consent letter different from the sponsorship letter?
If so what does the format look like?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 11:56pm On Oct 23, 2019
MissMichelleA:
Yes they are different. I guess someone may also want to ask if a leave letter is different from a reference letter.
Anyway, I saw you have already started your research about it, nice one. According to you, google says it's meant for minor.
But to my own understanding, as long as you are not sponsoring yourself, it can be said that you are a minor. Therefore, there is need for a consent letter.
There is no special format for it, it's just a letter that the person is aware of your studies to so so and so and he or she is giving his consent bla bla bla...
Note: it must be signed. It should also be sealed or and notarised.
You may also choose not to add it. I am sure many would have gotten their visas without A or B or C documents.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by MissMichelleA(f): 12:01am On Oct 24, 2019
Alright thanks.
Obehi44:

Yes they are different. I guess someone may also want to ask if a leave letter is different from a reference letter.
Anyway, I saw you have already started your research about it, nice one. According to you, google says it's meant for minor.
But to my own understanding, as long as you are not sponsoring yourself, it can be said that you are a minor. Therefore, there is need for a consent letter.
There is no special format for it, it's just a letter that the person is aware of your studies to so so and so and he or she is giving his consent bla bla bla...
Note: it must be signed. It should also be sealed or and notarised.
You may also choose not to add it. I am sure many would have gotten their visas without A or B or C documents.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Austacus: 12:40am On Oct 24, 2019
gr8full2God:
Guru in the house pls I need help, I am planning to reapply.
Submitted on 18 Sept first app
BVL 16 Oct, Denied 10hrs later

Timeline
Bsc Computer science 2:2
Going for PGD (Database management and computer Software) 2years program
Am single

Docs
Dad is my sponsor
Statement of #100 million savings
Statement 20m company account
Paid 1st semester fees 10k cad
He transfer 2.5m to my account as LV
Company CAC, Memorandum
He as two company, my name is not part of the director in the first company but my is name part of the director in the second one, I submitted both
And all necessary document e.g passport page, affidavit, sponsorship letter
Sop, programming language certificate, mobile app cert, networking cert,
I work in my fathers company,
6 month contract approval letter from a company to run a maintenance check on there system.
7 landed document (dad)
My own land document

But I think my SOP is not convincing enough, story plenty, I did not give anyone to proofread. I already order for my GCMS

Guru in the house pls help, what and what you think I should add.

Hi,
I think I know the issue here.

Can you please prove to me that your programme is actually pgd. Asides from the pgd issue..., If you can do that tonight, I will help you to decipher the red flags in your documents.

I am pretty sure you didn't apply this application yourself whilst is absolutely not an issue
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Austacus: 12:53am On Oct 24, 2019
Senior citizen, I wish you heaven’s blessings as you’ve added another year. Sorry it came late. Happy earth strong to you in arrears.

Frankrobbn1

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Austacus: 1:03am On Oct 24, 2019
holllowu:
Please I need your help oo

Mr frank, Austacus, just mellow, sopwriter

Have been in a relationship with someone for like 6 years now, we started living together last year, we intend doing our wedding soon, can I add her as my common law partner?

Please go ahead.

I think it's time y’all start to add animal as a home tie. Or talk about it in the application.

Trust me this would sell out.

If you read some professional letter of intent, people do add their dog or cat.

Our generic documents and application is getting out of hand. Eg, I am coming back to take care of my parent.
Too shallow!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Austacus: 1:08am On Oct 24, 2019
holllowu:
Frank, Austacus, just mellow, sopwriter

Please how am I suppose to fill this part of the form

A) Cost of my studies will be?
Tuition
Room and board
Othe
B) Funds avaliable for my stay in Canada?

First and foremost, have you filled it already?

This is also some of the primary red flags in visa refusal.
It comes with a simple understanding and commitment of your statement of account and your tuition fee breakdown.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Austacus: 1:24am On Oct 24, 2019
Toobie:
Hello gurus in the house

Please i got a reply from a Supervisor from McGill University asking me to send him some write up. Please if you an expert in replying Supervisor please come and help a Local Man. I mess up in Manitoba i don't want to mess up Montreal.

Cc Frankrobbn1 Austacus Mcobex Makano Sopwriter JustMellow Naijaforeigner. Everybody

Sorry for my late input, Follow the steps and thank me later!
Your letter should be maximum one page.
1. Signature Block and Salutation
2. Introduction
a. Research topic (in short).
b. Why is this an important topic? Why is it interesting?
3. Supporting Information
a. Project details.
b. What is the problem/need? What is the situation/context? What are you trying to prove? What idea/concept will you analyze?
c. What do you expect the scope of your project to be? i.e. what can you not cover in this project?
d. What do you think will be your outcome/solution/recommendation?
4. Conclusion
a. The final sell of your research topic - convince the funder that it is important and interesting.
b. Call to action (Ask them for funding).
5. Sign off and Signatures
(I hope to link up with you in Montreal/French girls so sweet)!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Austacus: 1:27am On Oct 24, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

I am glad you find the little piece of information helpful. In my absence, there are other knowledgeable individuals here in the person of Mcobex, Naijaforeigner, Justmellow, Austacus and Makano etc. These guys have been so helpful to prospective applicants and are doing a great job here. I applaud them for their selfless works on this window. You can contact any of them via their signature and request they should kindly glance through your SOP.

How I wish I could do this, unfortunately, I can't.

Sorry.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Austacus: 1:32am On Oct 24, 2019
Too many mentions that I can't reply.

Bless up!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Orlarshaynee: 6:50am On Oct 24, 2019
They are silly. If you wanted to stay there illegally and not study, you already have a visa for that. That should be enough evidence to them that you are going for what you said you are. Study.
lynniebabes:
Purpose of visit. I ordered gcms and was told my sop was vague and poorly documented. Which I tried to rectify with the help of some in house guru. I don’t what’s wrong with this people. Though I have a valid visit visa. I have been to Canada and back.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by nicerichard05: 7:02am On Oct 24, 2019
Qudkom:

Sorry to hear bro. Why don't you try Germany or New Zealand and use it as a springboard for Canada

These other countries you mentioned require IELTS, or do u hav any university there that doesnt require it. Tnx
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by cuteesthy(f): 7:03am On Oct 24, 2019
Austacus:
Too many mentions that I can't reply.

Bless up!
Oga Austacus welldone oo, pls i need to ask u some questions about Algonquin college i already sent u a pm
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by nicerichard05: 7:05am On Oct 24, 2019
1stdami:
Make sense move. EE is a better route into Canada once you get your master's degree you are already a hot cake. The amount you will spend for masters in Uk is even cheaper when compared to Canada.

Bro pls do u hav any cheap University in UK u can recommend.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Anamekele: 7:14am On Oct 24, 2019
Ujunwa2020:
How do I contact Quebec, I tried calling them but they are talking in french
Check their call hours and call them then follow instruction on how to answer in English.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 9:06am On Oct 24, 2019
Is English Nigeria's first language? Was asked this question when I was applying to a university of guelph

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Orlarshaynee: 9:16am On Oct 24, 2019
Yeah it is. First language and official language mean the same thing.
Dasiiola:
Is English Nigeria's first language? Was asked this question when I was applying to a university of guelph
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by zamony: 9:17am On Oct 24, 2019
Yes English language is our first language
Dasiiola:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JummyFash: 9:26am On Oct 24, 2019
Yes! That’s our primary language...Or What language they speak to teach ur courses in school?
Dasiiola:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by boommer: 9:43am On Oct 24, 2019
Good morning day all..please I need help from any body I'm currently looking for Canadian universities that accepts unofficial transcript. I recently graduated with an OND result..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 9:56am On Oct 24, 2019
nicerichard05:

These other countries you mentioned require IELTS, or do u hav any university there that doesnt require it. Tnx
No I don't
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 10:04am On Oct 24, 2019
Goodbloke:
Good afternoon, I intend sponsoring myself abroad and have been working and hustling towards it.

Will this be acceptable because I have no sponsor ?
Yes you can but you have to put so many things in consideration;
1. Relationship Status
2. Current job and prospects
3. Investment portfolio

If you answer positively to this questions then you can.

P.s: IF YOU'RE MARRIED OR HAVE AGED PARENTS THEN THE DEPENDENCY RATE INCREASES AND AFFECTS THE WAY THE VISA OFFICER VIEWS YOUR APPLICATION
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 10:12am On Oct 24, 2019
nayo10:
Pls someone should help me explain this family ties in this Canada visa refusal
Family ties is a broad refusal clause; the visa officer wants to ascertain that you have family ties in Canada and/or in Nigeria. Which means showing proof of;
1. Relationship status(Married with proof)
2. Brief documentation of family involvement In Nigeria
3. Family pictures can also be used to back up claims
4. If your parents are sponsoring try and attach their property documents
5. Family involvements in Voluntary services/ religious involvements etc...
All this are just some of the things that can back up your family ties.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 10:16am On Oct 24, 2019
Rennie97:

Hi everyone I got this reason for my denial please can anyone help out

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence.
You probably didn't show enough proof to confirm your employment or show enough proof in your study plan about the job prospect of your current field in the country.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Orlarshaynee: 10:25am On Oct 24, 2019
You need to first ask yourself what programme you want to enrol in. If you select just any school/programme, it may affect you, particularly when you get to the statement of purpose (SOP) aspect, because you will need to convince the Visa Officer (VO) about the relevance of such programme to your field of study or intended career path.
boommer:
Good morning day all..please I need help from any body I'm currently looking for Canadian universities that accepts unofficial transcript. I recently graduated with an OND result..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by boommer: 11:15am On Oct 24, 2019
Orlarshaynee:
You need to first ask yourself what programme you want to enrol in. If you select just any school/programme, it may affect you, particularly when you get to the statement of purpose (SOP) aspect, because you will need to convince the Visa Officer (VO) about the relevance of such programme to your field of study or intended career path.

I intend to further more on bsc in computer science. I am a 2.98 of 4.00.i have my uncle as my sponsor l. Pls where do I start from I'm new to this TRV thing
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Cocotini: 11:37am On Oct 24, 2019
Anamekele:

Check their call hours and call them then follow instruction on how to answer in English.

please i was looking through mcgill's site and needed to check out fees.am i suppose to select "msc full time" or "masters thesis evaluation". .my intended course is msc thesis..or better still whats the difference.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Vesment: 11:39am On Oct 24, 2019
sad

gr8full2God:
Guru in the house pls I need help, I am planning to reapply.
Submitted on 18 Sept first app
BVL 16 Oct, Denied 10hrs later

Timeline
Bsc Computer science 2:2
Going for PGD (Database management and computer Software) 2years program
Am single

Docs
Dad is my sponsor
Statement of #100 million savings
Statement 20m company account
Paid 1st semester fees 10k cad
He transfer 2.5m to my account as LV
Company CAC, Memorandum
He as two company, my name is not part of the director in the first company but my is name part of the director in the second one, I submitted both
And all necessary document e.g passport page, affidavit, sponsorship letter
Sop, programming language certificate, mobile app cert, networking cert,
I work in my fathers company,
6 month contract approval letter from a company to run a maintenance check on there system.
7 landed document (dad)
My own land document

But I think my SOP is not convincing enough, story plenty, I did not give anyone to proofread. I already order for my GCMS

Guru in the house pls help, what and what you think I should add.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 11:44am On Oct 24, 2019
MissMichelleA:

If you're a matured applicant, there isn't no need for a consent letter. The consent letter tends to be included for minors which is a compulsory document. Thus, as a matured applicant, just the sponsorship letter will sufficiently surgical.

As for the format, the consent seeks to address the pernission given to either of the parent that will be traveling with the minor. This is done to enable IRCC and the CBSA at the port of entry know that the adult traveling with the minor isn't a child trafficker and other added reasons.

The tone of the sponsorship letter entails a verbally agreed commitment of such sponsorship purpose and the likes especially the monetary aspect.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Cocotini: 11:51am On Oct 24, 2019
Hello house i can see so many peoples profile struggling to get study visa and proof of fund. To canada .when they meet immigration eligibility for other countries. Some of you need to take your profiles to Australia and you will thank me later.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Rennie97: 12:04pm On Oct 24, 2019
Qudkom:

You probably didn't show enough proof to confirm your employment or show enough proof in your study plan about the job prospect of your current field in the country.

Thanks so much for your reply I just completed my nysc and I'm currently unemployed what is the way forward now??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by AlFath(m): 12:13pm On Oct 24, 2019
Cocotini:

please i was looking through mcgill's site and needed to check out fees.am i suppose to select "msc full time" or "masters thesis evaluation". .my intended course is msc thesis..or better still whats the difference.

I think MSc is professional while Master's Thesis Evaluation is research based.
With MSc, you stand the chance to gain more knowledge professionally and could be rewarded for that in your company after graduation, whereas thesis based would give you the opportunity to forge ahead as an academics; in teaching and research.
For the Full time, applicants are advised to go for full time program to be eligible for post graduate work permit after graduation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.