Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,106 members, 7,811,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:56 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (396) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1018975 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 8:17pm On Nov 11, 2019
Ginaruby:
Please gurus in the house, After receiving a Biometric correspondence letter how long is an application supposed to stay before a final verdict?

Ginaruby:

Please, gurus in the house I need your response.

Sorry about the outcome of your application. You should receive the final decision via your MyCIC Account tomorrow being Tuesday after the website maintenance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ginaruby: 8:21pm On Nov 11, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

Sorry about the outcome of your application. You should receive the final decision via your MyCIC Account tomorrow being Tuesday after the website maintenance.

I did an upfront medical and I got this correspondence on the 18th of October, paper route, I have not linked online.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 8:29pm On Nov 11, 2019
Ginaruby:

I did an upfront medical and I got this correspondence on the 18th of October, paper route, I have not linked online.

Your chances of securing visa are good since you did upfront medicals and it has been updated as passed and you received a BVL notification three (3) weeks ago. Most times refusals doesn't stay longer than 48hrs to two weeks after BVL has been initiated.

Be hopeful i sense a positive news at the end of the tunnel.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ginaruby: 8:31pm On Nov 11, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

Your chances of securing visa are good since you did upfront medicals and it has been updated as passed and you received the BVL notification since three (3) weeks ago. Most times refusals doesn't stay longer than 48hrs to two weeks after BVL has been initiated. Be hopeful there is a positive news at the end of the tunnel.

These words just got me smiling.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by makano: 8:31pm On Nov 11, 2019
First and foremost its obvious u don't know anything about this Canadian study permit process, cos if you do, u wont even think of paying such amount to these so called agents.. Please note that after paying such amount, ur visa is nt sure at all cos Canada is no respecter of any agent or agency.. My brother u claim u are busy, but am so certain u are not busy for 24 hours.. This thing is a thing you can do urself if u read up this informative thread, all u need to do is to create time for ur study permit application.. The only money you will paying is ur admission fee which is between 100CAD to 150CAD i.e 30k to 40k depending on the school as against the 200k the agent gave you.. And 43k for online application without doing Biometrics again as against the 550k the agent gave you.. My brother do not let this unfortunate peeps called agents eat fat on you... This thing is a thing u can do urself and get ur visa... But if u insist, u are millionaire enough to throw money to agents, please u can go ahead, its ur money..But I will advise it will be a wrong move spending such amount on an agent that isn't sure if ur Visa will be granted... Peace
Jalabingo:
Good day fellas, please an honest response would be appreciated. I want to make the bold step of moving to Canada through the student visa. Not knowing how this works and also due to my busy schedule, I decided to make use of an agency. I am cool with all the requirements but the visa application fee of
#550,000 is what I am not cool with because I saw it to be 150 Canadian dollars from my findings.

Below are some information extracted from the requirements sent to me :

"Consultation fee: 50,000
Note: If we are to do the processing for you, Consultation fee doesn’t apply.
Admission processing fee for / MSC/PGD: 200,000
Admission processing fee for BSC 250,000
Tuition fee: 8000-18000CAD these applies to BSc, MSc, PhD, Etc.

Visa application fee 550,000

First instalment: 450,0000

Second instalment: 100,000

The Admission application process is for a stipulated period of 6-8 BSC (weeks) (MSC 8-12 weeks)

The Visa Application Documentation is for a period of 2-4 weeks.

However we would appreciate if we could schedule an appointment with you at our office or call our line in order for us to have a broader discussion."

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 8:34pm On Nov 11, 2019
Ginaruby:

These words just got me smiling.
Thanks.

I'm interested in knowing the final outcome of this application. Please do keep the house posted on the progress of your application.

It shall end in praises.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 8:36pm On Nov 11, 2019
holllowu:
Frankrobbn1 has been a blessing to us on this thread, may God shower his blessings on you.

Amen! Thanks very much;

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ginaruby: 8:42pm On Nov 11, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

I'm interested in knowing the final outcome of this application. Please do keep the house posted on the progress of your application.

It shall end in praises.

Sure will.
AMEN.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 8:47pm On Nov 11, 2019
Rooneyx:
Please is there any cheap school for PHD in management courses on going? I’d like to apply

Management programs in Canada are generally VERY VERY expensive when compared to other regular programs. Also, only few Institutions in Canada offer Business Management program at PhD level.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by transfer101: 8:59pm On Nov 11, 2019
lynniebabes:
[i had same issue with Benin . I graduated from a private university there. So I had to go post bachelorette quote author=elijah101 post=83634217]Have evaluated any Benin republic private university certificate with any credential evaluating body .. please .. very urgent .. A friend would like to evaluate his masters from Estam University , Benin republic
Hi, was your friend able to evaluate his Benin certificate successfully?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blondekid: 9:02pm On Nov 11, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

Concerning assisting you in securing full funded scholarship? I will be in touch with you soon.

Yes please and also securing a supervisor. I have written the SOPs. I would appreciate if you could kindly proof read and make your corrections.

Thank you very much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Adewale1405(m): 9:47pm On Nov 11, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

Amen! Thanks very much;

@Frankrobbn1 and others pls help and advice

Hello House, I had to join Nairaland cuz my Student Permit application was refused just this Friday and the Concordia University is supposed to resume January 6.It only took 3weeks fir them to review my application.

I submitted all the documents I know that could boost my chances.

I wrote GRE with 318 score
I submitter my NECO cert
BSC cert, and Transcript
NYSC cert
SOP
Sponsorship letter, board resolution to sponsor, bank sole signatory letter, Bank statement of the sponsor with the total running of over 500M with the balance of about 7M with mine about 2M, CAC.

My one acre land property papers as my ties to my country
Employment letter from Igbinedion Uni where I work as a graduate assistant (full time) where I work as Business Strategic Adviser (Part time) and as well appointment letter from my uncle's company who is sponsoring me as well as leave of absence from both employers

In my SOP, I included My half brother who is a Professor, former Director Islamic Foundation, 189 Rhodes Avenue Toronto, Ontario, Canada and one of the Who is Who in Nigeria 3rd Edition. He went to Toronto Uni for his BSC, MSC, and Ph.D. and had scholarship throughout his study as a special student at the uni at that point but he's back in Nigeria now but has a divorced wife in Canada who has two grown-ups for him. I it included to boost my chances that despite his achievements in Canada he came back home in Nigeria. I really do not know maybe they was why I was refused and all that.

Gurus in the house, what can I do now? Should I reapply back immediately and if yes, what should I include?

Below is the response from CIC

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of
residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation

I was offered admission for Graduate Diploma in Business Administartion.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ChidimmaP: 4:11am On Nov 12, 2019
Hello gurus in the House. If I'm submitting sponsor's statement of account, do I still need to submit mine?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Martinomi: 4:15am On Nov 12, 2019
Adewale1405:

@Frankrobbn1 and others pls help and advice

Hello House, I had to join Nairaland cuz my Student Permit application was refused just this Friday and the Concordia University is supposed to resume January 6.It only took 3weeks fir them to review my application.

I submitted all the documents I know that could boost my chances.

I was offered admission for Graduate Diploma in Business Administartion.

Among the list of documents you said you submitted, I didnt see a CAQ letter. I want to believe it slipped your mind and if you didnt include it. Pls know, Concordia uni is in quebec and international students need CAQ to study in the province. I dont know if it is important for visa application but I'm just pointing that out for you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Jalabingo(m): 4:30am On Nov 12, 2019
Cjleks:

I strongly advice that you do the applications yourself by leveraging on the information gathered here. There is no guarantee even with the use of an agent. You will only regret. Take charge of your application.
My humble advise. I wish you all the best going forward.

Many thanks bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Jalabingo(m): 4:36am On Nov 12, 2019
makano:
First and foremost its obvious u don't know anything about this Canadian study permit process, cos if you do, u wont even think of paying such amount to these so called agents.. Please note that after paying such amount, ur visa is nt sure at all cos Canada is no respecter of any agent or agency.. My brother u claim u are busy, but am so certain u are not busy for 24 hours.. This thing is a thing you can do urself if u read up this informative thread, all u need to do is to create time for ur study permit application.. The only money you will paying is ur admission fee which is between 100CAD to 150CAD i.e 30k to 40k depending on the school as against the 200k the agent gave you.. And 43k for online application without doing Biometrics again as against the 550k the agent gave you.. My brother do not let this unfortunate peeps called agents eat fat on you... This thing is a thing u can do urself and get ur visa... But if u insist, u are millionaire enough to throw money to agents, please u can go ahead, its ur money..But I will advise it will be a wrong move spending such amount on an agent that isn't sure if ur Visa will be granted... Peace

Thank you very much for this information.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Diggztee: 5:45am On Nov 12, 2019
Diggztee:
Hey guys... Great job here. Please I would like to know how much I should have in my account if I have been working for about 3years and have sponsor who would take up all the academic and living expenses.
help guys please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 6:24am On Nov 12, 2019
Adewale1405:

@Nairaforeigner, thanks for the frank analysis.

Please shed more on how I can express that in a more convincing way in my LOE

You are in a school environment so I suggest you take advantage of that opportunity. Make sure your friends that are lecturers proof read your letters and give suggestions before submitting your application.

Letter of sponsorship from your Uncle

His story should start from how he is related to you and how he made a promise to your late dad to give you the best education because bla bla…….(This should be emotional, touchy, if possible, make the VO cry grin). He (your uncle) has demonstrated this by supporting you through high school and university (attach proof of 1 or 2 payments of fees while in Uni).

Also, uncle should please include the benefit of sending you abroad to his business. He should also state in his letter how much he is committing to your studies (please mention the exact amount). He should also mention that your upkeep will not affect his business and he has demonstrated his commitment by transferring xyz amount to your account. I suggest he transfers some funds to your account or he pays your tuition fee (please check school refund policy)

P.s there is no need mentioning how many wives your dad had and how they took care of other kids and all that.

Your LOE

Make sure there is a flow from the first paragraph to the last and you are specific on how your present job or future goals influenced your choice of this program and how the program will benefit you in the short and long term (short and long term goals should be linked to Nigeria). Please mention at least one of the courses in your program and explain what you will learn from that course and how the skills acquired will help in fulfilling your goals.

"My current job as an adviser with xyz company and my short term goal of going back to Nigeria to oversee my family business reinforced my interests in PGD Business administration. I believe studying at graduate level for this program will give me the relevant knowledge which will be helpful in contributing my xyz .. to the company. One of the courses in the program is distribution management. This course will give me the skills to.... xyz is particularly important because my family business plans on expanding its base to other locations and xyz….."

The above is just an example to serve as a guide.

Alternatively, you can speak about your current job role, the gaps you have identified and how the program will help solve those gaps.

IMM form

Please fill this form carefully. The part that says tuition, boarding and total funds available for stay should be filled correctly. p.s The total funds available for stay is not the account balance in the SOA. Make sure the total funds available for stay is the same amount your uncle stated in his letter above.

Uploading documents online

Make sure you do not over compress your documents. It is important that you make sure the documents will be visible enough for the visa officer.

- Please assume the visa officer knows nothing. I strongly advise that you prepare a table showing how much your uncle has in his account, how much of that amount he is willing to commit to your studies in naira and the equivalent in dollars. Please mention the site you used for conversion below the table. You can use Oanda.

- Also, for every information you include in your LOE or sponsorship letter, please attach proofs.

- Please make sure your paragraphs are not too long, preferably 10 -12 lines.

- This is my opinion.
sponsorship letter - 2 pages
LOE - 2 pages. I am a big fan of less is more.

I feel sleepy already. The gurus will add the rest. I wish you all the best.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 6:30am On Nov 12, 2019
Jalabingo:

Thank you very much for this information.

We are against agents on this forum and every information you need is here. The difference between you and any agent is access to information. Most of those agents come to Nairaland for information.

On the bright side, if you pay 500k naira to those agents, you are creating jobs, boosting our economy grin you are a good citizen and Nigeria needs more of you.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 7:36am On Nov 12, 2019
ChidimmaP:
Hello gurus in the House. If I'm submitting sponsor's statement of account, do I still need to submit mine?

It's optional for sponsored applicant to include their personal statement. Oñly on the account that you've been in gainful employment with vast working experience would you be required to include your personal statement.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 7:45am On Nov 12, 2019
Naijaforeigner:

We are against agents on this forum and every information you need is here. The difference between you and any agent is access to information. Most of those agents come to Nairaland for information.

On the bright side, if you pay 500k naira to those agents, you are creating jobs, boosting our economy grin you are a good citizen and Nigeria needs more of you.

Sorry to say but this is true, I can vividly count on several occasions when reputable agents contact me outside of this thread seeking for information and my candid advice on how to package certain set of applications that would be relevant in their client's visa application.

I strongly urge applicants to carry out some personal research for themselves. All the necessary documents, queries and information needed for a successful study visa application can be seen and utilized on this thread for FREE, you don't have to pay exorbitantly to agents for a visa application that is not guranteed.

Prospective applicants do ask me how I was able to gain this wealth of knowledge in handling several Canadian visa applications, including Express entry, AIPP, Study Visas, Visitor's Visas, SOWP and some PNP programs?".

I always tell them that the knowledge and experience I have acquired in this process and until now were all gotten from my personal research on this thread, information and conversations from different Canadian immigration attorneys, as well as other useful forums. It was never a magic as people perceived it and trust me if others can do same, I know they will go farther/better than I do in this process.

On the other hand, if you feel using an agent is the right option for you, then follow your guts and instincts and invest in what you believe in.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Olayibo1: 8:07am On Nov 12, 2019
Good morning..pls I want to apply for undergraduate degree program on information communication technology (ICT)..what are the requirements and also the college or university I can apply to? Urgent reply will be highly appreciated NB: within Canada pls.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 8:13am On Nov 12, 2019
Olayibo1:
Good morning..pls I want to apply for undergraduate degree program on information communication technology (ICT)..what are the requirements and also the college or university I can apply to? Urgent reply will be highly appreciated NB: within Canada pls.
Thanks

The requirement is your WAEC result and scratch card. Check out Carleton University, University of Waterloo, Thompson Rivers University, Vancouver Island University etc....

For further details please go through the internet.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Adewale1405(m): 8:30am On Nov 12, 2019
Martinomi:

Among the list of documents you said you submitted, I didnt see a CAQ letter. I want to believe it slipped your mind and if you didnt include it. Pls know, Concordia uni is in quebec and international students need CAQ to study in the province. I dont know if it is important for visa application but I'm just pointing that out for you.

Thanks Martinomi, yes submitted my CAQ
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Adewale1405(m): 8:40am On Nov 12, 2019
Naijaforeigner:

You are in a school environment so I suggest you take advantage of that opportunity. Make sure your friends that are lecturers proof read your letters and give suggestions before submitting your application.

His story should start from how he is related to you and how he made a promise to your late dad to give you the best education because bla bla…….(This should be emotional, touchy, if possible, make the VO cry grin). He (your uncle) has demonstrated this by supporting you through high school and university (attach proof of 1 or 2 payments of fees while in Uni).

Also, uncle should please include the benefit of sending you abroad to his business. He should also state in his letter how much he is committing to your studies (please mention the exact amount). He should also mention that your upkeep will not affect his business and he has demonstrated his commitment by transferring xyz amount to your account. I suggest he transfers some funds to your account or he pays your tuition fee (please check school refund policy)

P.s there is no need mentioning how many wives your dad had and how they took care of other kids and all that.

Your LOE

Make sure there is a flow from the first paragraph to the last and you are specific on how your present job or future goals influenced your choice of this program and how the program will benefit you in the short and long term (short and long term goals should be linked to Nigeria). Please mention at least one of the courses in your program and explain what you will learn from that course and how the skills acquired will help in fulfilling your goals.

"My current job as an adviser with xyz company and my short term goal of going back to Nigeria to oversee my family business reinforced my interests in PGD Business administration. I believe studying at graduate level for this program will give me the relevant knowledge which will be helpful in contributing my xyz .. to the company. One of the courses in the program is distribution management. This course will give me the skills to.... xyz is particularly important because my family business plans on expanding its base to other locations and xyz….."

Alternatively, you can speak about your current job role, the gaps you have identified and how the program will help solve those gaps.

IMM form

Please fill this form carefully. The part that says tuition, boarding and total funds available for stay should be filled correctly. p.s The total funds available for stay is not the account balance in the SOA. Make sure the total funds available for stay is the same amount your uncle stated in his letter above.

Make sure you do not over compress your documents. It is important that you make sure the documents will be visible enough for the visa officer.

- Please assume the visa officer knows nothing. I strongly advise that you prepare a table showing how much your uncle has in his account, how much of that amount he is willing to commit to your studies in naira and the equivalent in dollars. Please mention the site you used for conversion below the table. You can use Oanda.

- Also, for every information you include in your LOE or sponsorship letter, please attach proofs.

- This is my opinion.

Thanks brother... I appreciate....

I will into all that... Please can I get your email so I could reach you directly.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by kalushaiyke(m): 10:41am On Nov 12, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

The requirement is your WAEC result and scratch card. Check out Carleton University, University of Waterloo, Thompson Rivers University, Vancouver Island University etc....

For further details please go through the internet.
Good morning. Can a second class lower graduate get a masters in Canada. Cgpa2.9. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ESTHERNDUKA: 10:52am On Nov 12, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

I regret to hear your study visa was rejected. Can you kindly share the list of the documents you submitted along side your previous rejected application. Your intended program, sponsor, level of education, previous studies, school in Canada etc..This information will provide me an insight to what went wrong in your application and also assist me in advising you appropriately.

It shall end in praises.

1. sponsor's affidavit (father)
2. receipt from the court
3. all stamped document declared
4. fathers financial sponsorship letter
5. police report
6, admission letter
7. admission payment receipt
8. SOP
9. birth certificate
8. introduction letter from place of work
9. payslip
10. stamped leave letter
11. passport
12. my bank statement of like 1. something million
13. father's bank statments (3 precisely)
14. ND and HND transcript (my certificate is not ready)
15. introduction letter from my school stating my grade and all

school
coast mountain college BC, i intend doing diploma in business adminstration.

Studied computer science for my first degree, i finished last year

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by MUN19: 11:30am On Nov 12, 2019
Sorry your denial. What was the denial reasons? How much was the closing balance of your dads account?
ESTHERNDUKA:

1. sponsor's affidavit (father)
2. receipt from the court
3. all stamped document declared
4. fathers financial sponsorship letter
5. police report
6, admission letter
7. admission payment receipt
8. SOP
9. birth certificate
8. introduction letter from place of work
9. payslip
10. stamped leave letter
11. passport
12. my bank statement of like 1. something million
13. father's bank statments (3 precisely)
14. ND and HND transcript (my certificate is not ready)
15. introduction letter from my school stating my grade and all

school
coast mountain college BC, i intend doing diploma in business adminstration.

Studied computer science for my first degree, i finished last year

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Piecoco: 11:51am On Nov 12, 2019
Please what does it mean, if your application is in review?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by MUN19: 12:07pm On Nov 12, 2019
Means they are checking the information you provided out. If it meets requirements and legit.
Piecoco:
Please what does it mean, if your application is in review?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by MUN19: 12:21pm On Nov 12, 2019
Talking about the sponsorship letter, my uncle only stated the subheading to be LETTER OF SPONSORSHIP FOR MY NEPHEW then my NAME.

The the introduction part, he wrote : I, his name do hereby write in favor of My name. He did not mention where he made promise to my parents, he just noted that I’m an orphan.

But for my other uncle, he did mention all this points you highlighted.

Is it still okay, cause I have already submitted my application
Naijaforeigner:

Your LOE

IMM form

- This is my opinion.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Centripetal234: 12:21pm On Nov 12, 2019
Please who can help me universities in Canada that give full funding I mean thesis program

(1) (2) (3) ... (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.