Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,758 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:23 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1018454 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Fame2me79: 9:16pm On Jun 09, 2019
OptimusPrime21:

You do not need to travel to any place to tackle travel history.. my application was approved with my virgin passport.. haven't entered a plane with the idea of leaving Nigeria... this will be my 1st so pls.. save your money.. wait on your gcms note then work with it accordingly

How much do you have In your soa? How can you help with the sop plz
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Fame2me79: 9:27pm On Jun 09, 2019
mcobex:
First, I will advise you order for your gcms note ASAP.
Secondly, when did you graduate (Bsc) and how long have you been working in this accounting firm? What's your position in the firm?

Graduated 2013, been working for a year now!
Consultant II
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Fame2me79: 9:27pm On Jun 09, 2019
OptimusPrime21:

Sorry for your denial dear..Kindly apply for your gcms note to assist you in tackling the denial reason
Thank you! Will do
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 9:46pm On Jun 09, 2019
Fame2me79:

I’ve already sent a request for my note to know the reason for my refusal and also know a better way to systematically apply for a new application. I’m thinking of travelling to Dubai or South Africa, any suggestion? I’d appreciate if you can assist with a new sop.
Thank you
Travel history accompanies other refusal reasons. It is almost a generic reason especially if you've been flagged for financial reasons. Also I noticed what you studied in your previous degree doesn't correlate with your intended program and that might be related to the reason you got flagged for "Purpose of Visit". The first area of concern to the vo would be;
1. Why didn't he follow through with a profession related to that of your undergraduate degree?
2. You can always write your ACA exams in Nigeria hence, not a reasonable expense to travel over Canada.
3. SOP not showing any indication of proposed purpose of visit to Canada
4. Choice of sponsor is also a huge reason.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ralfudoh(m): 10:05pm On Jun 09, 2019
Hi 24th may
Tlontin:
If you have submitted your passport to vfs and yet to get it back... say HI with date of submission.
Actually i just want to know what is keeping them from returning our passports!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by OptimusPrime21: 10:12pm On Jun 09, 2019
Fame2me79:

How much do you have In your soa? How can you help with the sop plz

Not sure I can be of help cos am already occupied, u can ask questions here that could guide you to write a better one.. if u click on my profile, check all my posts, I posted descriptions of how I wrote my sop.. u can use that as a guide as well.... As for the soa, the amount I had doesn't matter cos people have had more and still got denied. Why question is, how much was on your soa and that of yiur sponsor

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Mijac: 10:16pm On Jun 09, 2019
guzenaira:

It’s either you submit a family application together which is a lot easier and better but it’s always a tasking application because of the complexity of what you will have to submit which is demanding.

You can as well apply immediately she gets her visa or after she starts school. But always good after the first semester.

Does she need to show proof of funds for the hubby and kid?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by guzenaira: 10:27pm On Jun 09, 2019
Mijac:

Does she need to show proof of funds for the hubby and kid?

Depending on the options I gave you earlier, whatever you submit there must be proof of funds.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Mijac: 10:28pm On Jun 09, 2019
guzenaira:

Depending on the options I gave you earlier, whatever you submit there must be proof of funds.

Ok thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by guzenaira: 10:45pm On Jun 09, 2019
Fame2me79:

I’ve already sent a request for my note to know the reason for my refusal and also know a better way to systematically apply for a new application. I’m thinking of travelling to Dubai or South Africa, any suggestion? I’d appreciate if you can assist with a new sop.
Thank you

Like I said earlier on,

Travel History will disappear when you apply again. It’s not something to bother on.

You can travel if it’s important to you or you have things to do in those countries you mentioned but don’t travel just to disvirgin your passport for Canada TRV.

Whatever the outcome of your notes, I believe you need to be constructive in your SOP. Psychology to ACCA is not bad if you can thoroughly convince the VO.

I am from that line of academics that’s what brought my attention to your question.

Am always free most especially on sundays that’s why I won’t be able to help with your SOP for now.

When your note comes out, we never can tell I may be able to help with the SOP.

But I know there are lots of good pple over here who can help you out even if am not available.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Maprince4: 11:16pm On Jun 09, 2019
Hello, Am a graduate of biochemistry, I want to ask if I can apply for business admin in any Canadian college? Hope it won't affect study permit denial. I also want to ask if deposit required by a college of $500 is substantial to get a study permit?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Yampotatocarrot(m): 11:19pm On Jun 09, 2019
OptimusPrime21:

1st of all.. I dont know Simon Fraser university, I didn't apply there.. in fact am leaving Nigeria for the very 1st time in my life..so I am going to get the knowledge of canada wen I get there...

I am not going for an Msc, but a PGD...I really don't know how getting supervisors with funding works..

I suggest you go to thread 15.. and read up cos there were Msc applicants who applied, got supervisors and funding and got visas...

Oooo, sorry Sir. From the way you replied, I thought you were already there.

Apologies for the assumptions. I pray your good plans of going there come to fulfilment, amen.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by xcaper(m): 11:22pm On Jun 09, 2019
I think it is advisable for the mother to apply for her visa first get it while using other members of the family as home ties then inturn apply for the rest of the family
guzenaira:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by OptimusPrime21: 11:32pm On Jun 09, 2019
Yampotatocarrot:

Oooo, sorry Sir. From the way you replied, I thought you were already there.

Apologies for the assumptions. I pray your good plans of going there come to fulfilment, amen.

No p but u can drop your questions... am sure applicants going to the university will reply u asap
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by OptimusPrime21: 11:36pm On Jun 09, 2019
Maprince4:
Hello, Am a graduate of biochemistry, I want to ask if I can apply for business admin in any Canadian college? Hope it won't affect study permit denial. I also want to ask if deposit required by a college of $500 is substantial to get a study permit?

Biochemistry going for Business Admin... it could end in a denial based on purpose of visit..

The deposit required will be stated by your school on your admission letter... some paid lesser and still got their visas, some didn't pay a kobo and got their visas, some paid full tuition fees and got their visas, some did either of the three and still got denied... so basically how you package your application (sop especially) determines if you get a study permit.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Tlontin(m): 11:39pm On Jun 09, 2019
ralfudoh:
Hi 24th may

Okay.. let’s see how they will start sending our passports... mine is 31st.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Yampotatocarrot(m): 11:40pm On Jun 09, 2019
OptimusPrime21:

No p but u can drop your questions... am sure applicants going to the university will reply u asap

Thanks, I'm going through thread 15 now. But lemme just ask, considering how long visa processing takes, is it late to start applying now?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by OptimusPrime21: 12:01am On Jun 10, 2019
Yampotatocarrot:

Thanks, I'm going through thread 15 now. But lemme just ask, considering how long visa processing takes, is it late to start applying now?

If your class starts September.. I advise u start applying now with the idea of deferring but if it's January, u can apply now but not in a rush
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by OptimusPrime21: 12:02am On Jun 10, 2019
Tlontin:

Okay.. let’s see how they will start sending our passports... mine is 31st.

Will go there this week
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Mykaelolalekan: 12:13am On Jun 10, 2019
Good evening NL, my application was refused yesterday based on the ground that the vo is not satisfied that I will leave Canada at the end of my stay.i believe it is only a delay and not denied. To the best of my knowledge and ability, I perfected my application based on the knowledge gained from this forum from thread 12 to 15. I would not have done more than what I did earlier as
1, I have sufficient funds in my account.
2, my home tie is my wife and two kids which I included there birth certificate and travel history to uk on several occasions.
3, evidence of landed properties and government consents.
4, Employment letter, letter of introduction from work, study leave agreement duly notorised and sealed. Promotion letters, work ID card, tax clearance card,
5, cac documents and certificate of incorporation for family business oversea by my wife with the company SOA.
6, pension statements of accounts,
7, term insurance statement of account.

But I guess what might have gone wrong is that my school included my previous academic qualifications on my offer letter which I submitted as part of my application to include :
BSc Economics MBA and MSc Risk management and insurance while am now pursuing MA Economics.
Although I took time to tackle the reason for the MA having obtained MSc previously in my Sop.
While waiting for my gcm note to specifically tackle the reason for the delay, I sincerely thank all the Gurus on this forum for their sefless and indifatigable efforts in helping out as at when needed. In fact, there is no better place to gain TRV knowledge than this forum.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Fame2me79: 12:33am On Jun 10, 2019
guzenaira:

Like I said earlier on,

Travel History will disappear when you apply again. It’s not something to bother on.

You can travel if it’s important to you or you have things to do in those countries you mentioned but don’t travel just to disvirgin your passport for Canada TRV.

Whatever the outcome of your notes, I believe you need to be constructive in your SOP. Psychology to ACCA is not bad if you can thoroughly convince the VO.

I am from that line of academics that’s what brought my attention to your question.

Am always free most especially on sundays that’s why I won’t be able to help with your SOP for now.

When your note comes out, we never can tell I may be able to help with the SOP.

But I know there are lots of good pple over here who can help you out even if am not available.

Thank you for your help. I’ll definitely stay in touch. I’ll send you a direct email here if you for mind.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Fame2me79: 12:44am On Jun 10, 2019
Qudkom:

Travel history accompanies other refusal reasons. It is almost a generic reason especially if you've been flagged for financial reasons. Also I noticed what you studied in your previous degree doesn't correlate with your intended program and that might be related to the reason you got flagged for "Purpose of Visit". The first area of concern to the vo would be;
1. Why didn't he follow through with a profession related to that of your undergraduate degree?
2. You can always write your ACA exams in Nigeria hence, not a reasonable expense to travel over Canada.
3. SOP not showing any indication of proposed purpose of visit to Canada
4. Choice of sponsor is also a huge reason.

I didn’t use any sponsor, I use my personal soa, is there anyway I can still correlate my previous degree with the intend program? Do I need to at least get a travel history? Can you kindly assist me with SOP?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by richcasey: 1:27am On Jun 10, 2019
Mykaelolalekan:

But I guess what might have gone wrong is that my school included my previous academic qualifications on my offer letter which I submitted as part of my application to include :
BSc Economics MBA and MSc Risk management and insurance while am now pursuing MA Economics.
Although I took time to tackle the reason for the MA having obtained MSc previously in my Sop.

You have you masters bro, is there any reason why you're not rather going through the Express entry option instead of stressing through study visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Kishkosh: 1:56am On Jun 10, 2019
ralfudoh:
Hi 24th may

Hi , 27th
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sillysassysally(f): 4:18am On Jun 10, 2019
Hi guys,

Apologies for the MIA with the TRV update. I’ve been prepping for my professional exams due this week plus I’ve also been traveling.

Hoping to resume once I’m done with my exams.

I wish all TRV hopefuls all the best!

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Unionised(m): 5:06am On Jun 10, 2019
guzenaira:

You can either get a Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp) or visit visa. Your child will get TRV as well.

Yes you can apply for PR with job although there is a classification of job you can apply with most especially your level at work really matter. Let me say from Supervisor Role upward.

AT the bolded. with all my years of experience in banking, all I really want to do when I get there is to buy a car and get into UBER or the likes.

Is that supervisory enough?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by guzenaira: 5:13am On Jun 10, 2019
Unionised:

AT the bolded. with all my years of experience in banking, all I really want to do when I get there is to buy a car and get into UBER or the likes.

Is that supervisory enough?

Hmm, I don’t really know about Uber but I know a friend who was a student came in with the wife, the wife worked with Tim Houtins got a Supervisory Role and applied for PR and they got it.

Make more findings anyway, but I doubt it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Unionised(m): 5:15am On Jun 10, 2019
guzenaira:

Hmm, I don’t really know about Uber but I know a friend who was a student came in with the wife, the wife worked with Tim Houtins got a Supervisory Role and applied for PR and they got it.

Make more findings anyway, but I doubt it.

alright
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by kpizzle: 6:09am On Jun 10, 2019
I sent u PM. Please check.

Mykaelolalekan:
Good evening NL, my application was refused yesterday based on the ground that the vo is not satisfied that I will leave Canada at the end of my stay.i believe it is only a delay and not denied. To the best of my knowledge and ability, I perfected my application based on the knowledge gained from this forum from thread 12 to 15. I would not have done more than what I did earlier as
1, I have sufficient funds in my account.
2, my home tie is my wife and two kids which I included there birth certificate and travel history to uk on several occasions.
3, evidence of landed properties and government consents.
4, Employment letter, letter of introduction from work, study leave agreement duly notorised and sealed. Promotion letters, work ID card, tax clearance card,
5, cac documents and certificate of incorporation for family business oversea by my wife with the company SOA.
6, pension statements of accounts,
7, term insurance statement of account.

While waiting for my gcm note to specifically tackle the reason for the delay, I sincerely thank all the Gurus on this forum for their sefless and indifatigable efforts in helping out as at when needed. In fact, there is no better place to gain TRV knowledge than this forum.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by kcosam: 6:32am On Jun 10, 2019
Fame2me79:

Graduated 2013, been working for a year now!
Consultant II
If you said you have been working for a year now that means you started work in 2018 right? And you said you graduated since 2013, did you make effort to explain in your sop what you have been doing from the time you graduated to the time you were employed? That is about 4+yrs gap. There should be some activities between this gap, either academic or work.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Tlontin(m): 6:38am On Jun 10, 2019
OptimusPrime21:

Will go there this week
Okay bro.. any changes in your profile? Pls help us ask them why it is taking time. Tho last time I went there, they said they were having issues with UPS.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by MsJu: 6:39am On Jun 10, 2019
sillysassysally:
Hi guys,

Apologies for the MIA with the TRV update. I’ve been prepping for my professional exams due this week plus I’ve also been traveling.

Hoping to resume once I’m done with my exams.

I wish all TRV hopefuls all the best!
I actually thought you have travelled to Marple land, I wish you success in your exams.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.