Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,996 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:20 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (402) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1018901 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by tipsycares1(m): 8:54pm On Nov 14, 2019
Hello gurus in the house i got denied Study Permit for three reasons. Purpose of Visit, Family Ties and Current Employment status. I want you to help me check if I've tackled the three reasons.

Purpose of Visit : I applied for Visa using admission I got from George Brown College to study - Advanced Diploma in Business Administration but now I will be using the admission i got from TRU to study Post Baccalaureate Diploma in Business Administration. I can't go for Masters because I graduated with a second class lower.

Family Ties : The agent I used didn't submit any documents concerning my family but now I will be submitting my parents birth certificates, marriage certificate with my sibling birth certificate and landed property of my parents.

Current Employment Status : I was jobless when I applied but now I've gotten a job I will submit letter of appointment, SOA and letter of introduction.

Please do you think I've tackled the reasons the VO gave in my first application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by AkinayoDebbie: 8:54pm On Nov 14, 2019
JustMellow:

Your WAEC will do except your core subjects are poor. Before you apply, help yourself by first contacting the school as their requirements varies. You can check Simon Fraser University, Memorial University, McEwan University, Brocks University. You can search more schools on google.
Ok thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ginaruby: 9:01pm On Nov 14, 2019
Cjleks:

It means it is ready for collection.

Ok, thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by dannishcukie: 10:38pm On Nov 14, 2019
[quote author=Frankrobbn1 post=84019182]
Thank you so much. God increase you on all sides.

Please pardon my curiosity.
My sponsor is my stepsister and she owns the forex company where I manage. Because she’s family I have been collecting cash at hand. No traces of salary in any bank account, no pay slip, no pension statement. How would I prove this to the visa officer.

Again Being a youth leader in my community with clogged activities and also being employed can I use these tools to explain hindrances of not going for undergraduate until now. I am 25yrs of age.

Thank you again in anticipation remain ever blessed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Yk45: 10:50pm On Nov 14, 2019
Please house if you want to fill your imm5645e and imm1294 for online submission. How do you sign the signature area. So I have to print out the form to sign?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by senoritzy: 11:02pm On Nov 14, 2019
You actually need time to plan well let's say 3-4 months, ur sister should start paying your salary to ur account, print out your pay slips, also you will need to explain extensively and convincingly why it took you so long to go for your BSc, all the best. [quote author=dannishcukie post=84035319][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by cuteesthy(f): 11:09pm On Nov 14, 2019
Abeg o, i applied to lambton college and after uploading my supporting documents, dey sent me conditionional offer the next day.Am a bit worried abt accepting their offer cos i have not seen this type of quick offer before
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 12:21am On Nov 15, 2019
Ginaruby:
Frankrobbn1
Tracking with VFS my passport shows '' Your processed passport is ready for collection'' but I have not received any mail in my box.
N/B: paper route.

Ginaruby:

Please gurus what does this mean...

I think you're same applicant that made reference to have received a BVL update few days ago on this thread. What's the current status of your application? From the above write up, it appears like you submitted your application via paper route and didn't link your application online to have a clear view of your application progress. Nevertheless, the bolded simply implies that your application has been finalized and a decision reached. As a consequence, your passport is ready for pick up at the VAC.

It shall end in praises.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 12:24am On Nov 15, 2019
Yk45:
Please house if you want to fill your imm5645e and imm1294 for online submission. How do you sign the signature area. So I have to print out the form to sign?

Applicants applying via the online route aren't required to sign the IMM forms. After successful uploading of documents into their various sections, you will be prompted to use your legal name as written on your passport to electronically sign the entire application before been transmitted to IRCC for due visa processing.

I hope this helps.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 12:25am On Nov 15, 2019
cuteesthy:
Abeg o, i applied to lambton college and after uploading my supporting documents, dey sent me conditionional offer the next day.Am a bit worried abt accepting their offer cos i have not seen this type of quick offer before e

Go ahead and accept the offer. Nothing to be scared of. Come to think of it, were you expecting it to stay longer than this ? You should be excited that your acceptance came early enough and at this point be preparing to enter another phase of the main process which is the visa application.

It shall end in praises

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ubah007: 3:55am On Nov 15, 2019
Obehi44:
Are you saying all those that got refused didnt do all the things they are asked to do or didnt do them correctly? Or may be they dont have God or they dont have the grace of God? clap for yourself....

i once had a student permit for canada and because my passport was expiring in about a year my student permit was for about 6months i was new so it skipped my mind i overstayed my visa and i was told i can only re-new it again from Nigeria. I had to go back to Nigeria and apply and people told me if i overstayed i will never get the visa again while someone else told me I should just submit the right documents and i will be given. I did all that was asked and i was still granted my new student visa. I even stated i overstayed in my application

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by UrsyBC: 6:06am On Nov 15, 2019
What does the process of passport submission via courier look like. I mailed mine through DHL to Abuja office and got a delivery note from them. However, I did not get a confirmation receipt from Vfs. Please, Is this in order?

Greetings, fam!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by cuteesthy(f): 6:30am On Nov 15, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

Go ahead and accept the offer. Nothing to be scared of. Come to think of it, were you expecting it to stay longer than this ? You should be excited that your acceptance came early enough and at this point be preparing to enter another phase of the main process which is the visa application.

It shall end in praises
Amen, thank u Oga frank
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by vick413: 6:39am On Nov 15, 2019
muna3926:
Please gurus in the house help me out ,i got approval and passport request since oct 2 and i submitted oct4th after waiting for more than 1month ,They now sent me a mail that i used a counterfeit bank documents ,that i should send in the proper documents within 30days of the mail,please what do i do ,am sure the documents are not counterfeit
I know of someone with similar issue and how it was resolved I can help you with this

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ginaruby: 6:58am On Nov 15, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

I think you're same applicant that made reference to have received a BVL update few days ago on this thread. What's the current status of your application? From the above write up, it appears like you submitted your application via paper route and didn't link your application online to have a clear view of your application progress. Nevertheless, the bolded simply implies that your application has been finalized and a decision reached. As a consequence, your passport is ready for pick up at the VAC.

It shall end in praises.

Amen.
Yes to your questions, applied 24 of sept, BVL 18th of Oct.
No update yet.
It's paper route and i have not received any mail yet.

Does it take long to drop for those who applied via paper route?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by darey360(m): 7:07am On Nov 15, 2019
Please house , I am still having this issue and I need to pay the deposit before 20th of this month there is way above the amount in the account , or can the Atm be charging from the current account instead of the savings account?
darey360:
please what may be the cause of this from fly wire?
"Your card cannot be charged due to insufficient funds. Please try another card or fund your card and try again". and money dey the account o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by benque: 7:14am On Nov 15, 2019
This explains the high refusal from August, at that point, they had about 500 approvals left. Good thing I shifted my application to January

Obehi44:
Just stumbled on these statistics this morning and i thought i should share. Do you notice a trend for Nigeria? Seems they have a certain number of study permits they issue to Nigerians. I did the maths and i came up with and average of btw 6000 - 6200 per year for Nigerians. I am sure it will be up to 6 Million applicant per year. Multiply that by the cost of visa fee.
This is the reason why i say it takes grace and luck. And the more reasons why its good to also start considering other countries.
I wish us all luck.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ChidimmaP: 7:23am On Nov 15, 2019
ChidimmaP:

Thanks for your response. I have attached the CAC documents of both companies, my CV also shows my position in both companies. I also attached my leave letter, board resolution for leave of absence and appointment of alternate director with other directors , including me, signing the document. I hope this serves as a great proof

However, I'm a bit nervous. Tho you've responded to me earlier regarding this, stating that it doesn't matter. I am 23yrs, left secondary school since 2012. And after 7 years, I'm going for a BSc. What other documents or how do I tighten my application to cover the gap in my last education?

Some documents I felt are neccessary that I have:
1. Apprenticeship certificate for a training I had from 2012 to 2014 the training is related to the course I'm going to study
2. Two emplpyment letters for different places I've worked after the apprenticeship. The two jobs are inline with my course
3. CAC documents of the companies I founded after I left the last job

How else or what else do I need to

Lastly, as I'm not yet married, what documents do I need to submit to.show family ties.?

Your response highly appreciated. Cc Frankrobbn1
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Alkidam(m): 8:19am On Nov 15, 2019
Hello gurus. I still hve been unable to get a mail since last month of 23rd october that i got my bvl, i went to vfs site now. And i saw your processed visa is ready for collection,on 14th november. Does that mean i hqve been refused?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ginaruby: 8:37am On Nov 15, 2019
Alkidam:
Hello gurus. I still hve been unable to get a mail since last month of 23rd october that i got my bvl, i went to vfs site now. And i saw your processed visa is ready for collection,on 14th november. Does that mean i hqve been refused?

Same here, are you currently in Lagos, I am nowhere close to Lagos now.
If you will be going to VFS office please update us on the outcome.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JCXpert: 9:07am On Nov 15, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

It shall end in praises

Pls my wife got admission in Brandon University and she plan to go with her kids of 7yr&4yr but don't know what to fill on the kids form. Is it Visit or study permit for the kids. When she fill in study permit she was asking to upload Acceptance Letter of the kids school. I need guidance please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Cjleks: 9:29am On Nov 15, 2019
JCXpert:

Pls my wife got admission in Brandon University and she plan to go with her kids of 7yr&4yr but don't know what to fill on the kids form. Is it Visit or study permit for the kids. When she fill in study permit she was asking to upload Acceptance Letter of the kids school. I need guidance please.

Minor children applying from outside Canada to accompany a parent for work or study in Canada for 6 months or longer must apply for a study permit. They both need acceptance letter from the school she intends to enroll them in. You should bring two years of official school records for your children, in English or with a certified English translation. You may also need immunization records since birth and their original birth certificate.

Check the link below for more information.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/minor-children.html

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by dorange(m): 9:44am On Nov 15, 2019
Biot34:
Good day I was denied a Canada study visa based on this reason
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation

Please how can I respond to this situation if I want to reapply

You might not need to reapply, if you did include in your application that you are currently working and provided evidence in your application. You can send the immigration office a mail to reconsider your application and also ensure you highlight the documents you submitted earlier in your application. I know someone who got his visa after sending a reconsideration mail to Nairobi immigration.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by dheehour(m): 10:00am On Nov 15, 2019
Hello all, any university of windsor winter 2020 applicant here?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by jj17cv(m): 10:20am On Nov 15, 2019
Pls How much DHL or UPS to Abuja VFS Office
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ubah007: 11:24am On Nov 15, 2019
Please how long does it take for a a passport to get stamped and sent back after submission
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Cjleks: 12:05pm On Nov 15, 2019
dorange:

You might not need to reapply, if you did include in your application that you are currently working and provided evidence in your application. You can send the immigration office a mail to reconsider your application and also ensure you highlight the documents you submitted earlier in your application. I know someone who got his visa after sending a reconsideration mail to Nairobi immigration.

Like seriously?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 12:50pm On Nov 15, 2019
ChidimmaP:

Thanks for your response. I have attached the CAC documents of both companies, my CV also shows my position in both companies. I also attached my leave letter, board resolution for leave of absence and appointment of alternate director with other directors , including me, signing the document. I hope this serves as a great proof

However, I'm a bit nervous. Tho you've responded to me earlier regarding this, stating that it doesn't matter. I am 23yrs, left secondary school since 2012. And after 7 years, I'm going for a BSc. What other documents or how do I tighten my application to cover the gap in my last education?

Some documents I felt are neccessary that I have:
1. Apprenticeship certificate for a training I had from 2012 to 2014 the training is related to the course I'm going to study
2. Two emplpyment letters for different places I've worked after the apprenticeship. The two jobs are inline with my course
3. CAC documents of the companies I founded after I left the last job

How else or what else do I need to

Lastly, as I'm not yet married, what documents do I need to submit to.show family ties.?

Your response highly appreciated. Cc Frankrobbn1

Hello ChidimmaP,

With the detailed analysis on how far you've come in tackling some concerns that the VO may raised, in the process, you already answered your asked questions. The documents at your possession to tackle the purpose of visit, home ties and study gap are good, they will be very resourceful. Thus, the final step is to re-structure your study plan to suit these areas.

P.S: family ties and home ties are/can (be) used interchangeably.

Being single or a youth doesn't in any way affects showing home ties. Depending on how your present/package your application, a sponsor's (especially parents sponsorship) documents can fill in, depending on the applicant's circumstances. However, you can include any document that can show your level of establishment and home ties in your country i.e. landed property, inheritance, family, sociocultural or organizational membership, joint business, investment certificate, employment etc.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by dorange(m): 1:06pm On Nov 15, 2019
Cjleks:

Like seriously?

Yes i am serious.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by darey360(m): 1:22pm On Nov 15, 2019
Please is it okay if I use my own ATM ? My plan is to use my fathers should I tell him to send the money to me and then try in on mine, will that be okay?
darey360:
please what may be the cause of this from fly wire?
"Your card cannot be charged due to insufficient funds. Please try another card or fund your card and try again". and money dey the account o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 2:13pm On Nov 15, 2019
tipsycares1:
Hello gurus in the house i got denied Study Permit for three reasons. Purpose of Visit, Family Ties and Current Employment status. I want you to help me check if I've tackled the three reasons.

Purpose of Visit : I applied for Visa using admission I got from George Brown College to study - Advanced Diploma in Business Administration but now I will be using the admission i got from TRU to study Post Baccalaureate Diploma in Business Administration. I can't go for Masters because I graduated with a second class lower.

Family Ties : The agent I used didn't submit any documents concerning my family but now I will be submitting my parents birth certificates, marriage certificate with my sibling birth certificate and landed property of my parents.

Current Employment Status : I was jobless when I applied but now I've gotten a job I will submit letter of appointment, SOA and letter of introduction.

Please do you think I've tackled the reasons the VO gave in my first application.

Hello Tipsycares1,

You are on the right track. But endeavor to guide the VO on how your situation has changed. Thus, the reason for including new documents. Don't just include documents, make it narrate or reflect your application wholesomely. This time, ensure your sponsor show proper financial commitment whether the sponsor is a third party, parents or husband.

Irrespective of attaching some documents of your parents (family) that shows home ties, its also good to show/analyse to the VO the level of your econonmic establishment in your country.

Good luck!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.