Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,735 members, 7,827,698 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (435) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1028658 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 7:43am On Dec 07, 2019
CYPRIANJUNGLE:
Please my name is cyprian, I graduated from secondary school please I want to know if its possible to get admitted into any cheap university in Canada, I only have waec certificate

Check Memorial University, Brandon University and University of Winnipeg. These schools are relatively lower.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 8:21am On Dec 07, 2019
deveid:
I recently got my passport stamped but the school resumes September 2020, is it possible to go to Canada around February and while away time.

Don't take such risk! 7 months to school resumption is too much. You might be turned down at the point of entry by the immigration and your visa cancelled. There is no need to rush since you already have the visa handy. At this point, you should be thinking of acquiring more skills that will be beneficial to you in Canada and also spend ample time with your beloved family members whom you won't be seeing anytime soon after your departure to Canada.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Chukwuemekatehi(m): 8:44am On Dec 07, 2019
jasmy:
Goodday to all the intelligents people here,you're all doing a great job,kudos to you all.
Please I have been denied study visa since September,despite the fact that I have made a part payment of 1750CAD and I have been trying to defer my admission,please how do I go about it, please I will be grateful.

Is it at MITT?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Anon123: 8:57am On Dec 07, 2019
jasmy:
Goodday to all the intelligents people here,you're all doing a great job,kudos to you all.
Please I have been denied study visa since September,despite the fact that I have made a part payment of 1750CAD and I have been trying to defer my admission,please how do I go about it, please I will be grateful.

On the portal you used to apply for admission, u can request for deferment or u can send a mail to the admissions office stating your full name, date of birth, course offered and student number.. den on the body to ask for a deferment.. you will be attended to

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blema111: 9:13am On Dec 07, 2019
I don't have admission is any other school or do you know any other school that I can apply to that's resuming before September and offers a MSC in computer science or any other MSC in the field of IT?[/quote]

I really don’t know why you are in a hurry to leave. Can’t you work until it’s time for your departure? Plan yourself very well here before leaving.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Chukwuemekatehi(m): 9:14am On Dec 07, 2019
Anon123:

On the portal you used to apply for admission, u can request for deferment or u can send a mail to the admissions office stating your full name, date of birth, course offered and student number.. den on the body to ask for a deferment.. you will be attended to

Which school is that? I guess its MITT?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 9:21am On Dec 07, 2019
Melaninkween:
Silent thread readers association!

I hail o, greetings everyone and to all the people holding it down, you're highly appreciated.

With all the refusals recorded is anyone seriously thinking of an alternative country or still willing to risk it for Canada?
I have a BSC from the UK( Dec 2019), I am considering a Masters in Public Health from Canada.
I am 26years and newly married.
I have a good travel history and no visa refusal recorded however with the ongoing skoi skoi at the Canadian embassy, I am contemplating if I should go ahead or not.

I will appreciate any advice.

I pray God's grace make our dreams reality

You've a good profile to secure a study visa to Canada given that your parents will be the one sponsoring your education and you're a fresh graduate coupled with the fact that you've attained a good travel history which would also count as a positive factor in the visa officer's assessment of having travelled and returned home. Thus, you shouldn't because of the fear of high visa rejection then decide not to pursue your educational goal of studying in Canada. More importantly, you should always take into account that no two applications are the same. Every applicant's cases are unique and as such treated differently based on the visa officer's perspective... I would strongly recommend you give Canada a better shot (i.e an airtight application) and while doing so, also explore other countries like Australia, New Zealand, and Ireland etc.. At the end, you will be using one stone to kill two birds. Whichever that turns out in your favour, then becomes your study destination.

In conclusion, I will advice you kick start the plans of furthering your education as soon as possible as Master's in Public Health program (MPH) is a very competitive one in Canada with limited spaces and the admission deadline is around the corner.

It will end in praises

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by peaceful22: 11:08am On Dec 07, 2019
Hello all.

Please is rice, spaghetti, noodles, olive oil, palm oil and sachet tomato paste (in small quantity) allowed in Canadian border?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 1:15pm On Dec 07, 2019
peaceful22:
Hello all.

Please is rice, spaghetti, noodles, olive oil, palm oil and sachet tomato paste (in small quantity) allowed in Canadian border?

Thank you.

I don't think palm oil in particular is allowed at the point of entry. Rice and Spaghetti are over there in Canada and you can easily purchase them once you land, I don't see the need of bringing them into Canada. You can travel with the rest of the food stuffs.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Melaninkween(f): 1:49pm On Dec 07, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

You've a good profile to secure a study visa to Canada given that your parents will be the one sponsoring your education and you're a fresh graduate coupled with the fact that you've attained a good travel history which would also count as a positive factor in the visa officer's assessment of having travelled and returned home. Thus, you shouldn't because of the fear of high visa rejection then decide not to pursue your educational goal of studying in Canada. More importantly, you should always take into account that no two applications are the same. Every applicant's cases are unique and as such treated differently based on the visa officer's perspective... I would strongly recommend you give Canada a better shot (i.e an airtight application) and while doing so, also explore other countries like Australia, New Zealand, and Ireland etc.. At the end, you will be using one stone to kill two birds. Whichever that turns out in your favour, then becomes your study destination.

In conclusion, I will advice you kick start the plans of furthering your education as soon as possible as Master's in Public Health program (MPH) is a very competitive one in Canada with limited spaces and the admission deadline is around the corner.

It will end in praises
This is super helpful Frank, thank you so much. I will do as advised.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Anon123: 3:43pm On Dec 07, 2019
Chukwuemekatehi:

Which school is that? I guess its MITT?

Any school
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 4:43pm On Dec 07, 2019
Joclins:

Thank you very much sir/ma.

I have gone through that for BsC in Kinesiology and it was explicitly stated that my academic avarege would be graded by ylusing my avarege high school Gpa and First year average GPA.
Also, the degree requirement is wassce certificate with Math, Chemistry, One of Biology or Physics.

When you said award/scholarships...e.t.c, what about nigeria oil company awards for undergraduates? Can I put in my application too?

Also, I want to apply for the ILOT award...And it was stated on their page that any applicant nominated for the ILOT award will not be considered for other funding/scholarship

Have to go through your profile again, it must have escaped me noticing that your intended program is a B.sc. I gave my response based on Master program.

If you going for a B.sc., you won't be able to secure funding from the school except you ate able to secure a scholarship from external bodies or institution.

If you are awarded a scholarship or funding by a company, there is no harm indicating/informing the school about it especially if its been asked.

My apologies.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 4:49pm On Dec 07, 2019
edewor1991:
Greetings,
please,I have Bachelor of Art degree in Theatre Art, i am intending to attend pgd or master degree in canada.
which school can give me admission with GPA 2.81 ?

You should consider applying for PGD/C. You can google colleges in Canada and send email of inquiry to them regarding the effect.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 4:59pm On Dec 07, 2019
Duuzsz:

Thank you so much... How about I get a relation in the US as sponsor( dad), then I get 1yr tuition fees in my account. Would this work?

In fact, a parent sponsorship is more advisable. What about your LE?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 5:06pm On Dec 07, 2019
canadaman18:

Bolded isnt a guarantee. Although 1year PGWP + 3months waiting period is a fair bit of time , its still kind of tight .. But keep in mind one needs to have gotten AOR to apply for BOWP.. Otherwise you have to go back to nigeria to apply for PR.

You are spot on! Nothing in life is guaranteed. We can only hope and pray for the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Duuzsz(m): 5:17pm On Dec 07, 2019
JustMellow:

In fact, a parent sponsorship is more advisable. What about your LE?
Yepaaa! What’s LE ooo?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 5:18pm On Dec 07, 2019
[quote author=starboychan post=84695703][/quote/quote]

I get it. The reference to 'Canadian' college was based on the geographical location and not the institution of 'Canadian college.' Behold, that's where we misquoted each other.

Colleges offers PGWP.

My apologies.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 5:23pm On Dec 07, 2019
Duuzsz:

Yepaaa! What’s LE ooo?

Living expenses. Its very important you show it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by 1stdami(m): 5:28pm On Dec 07, 2019
Chaniel:

I don't know about Fly Wire process, but I do know based on my experience that the Conestoga college fees department cares less about students' plight on refund issues, so you will do well to keep in touch with them.

By now, you should have filled a form from FlyWire (not just Conestoga) regarding the refund.

Please, the fund was not paid from my account so I will have to ask if the person as filled any form from flywire regarding the refund. I mailed the school tho and they said they sent the fund to flywire since Nov 25, 2019, and that it takes 2 to 4 weeks for the money to enter my account

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 5:34pm On Dec 07, 2019
deveid:
I recently got my passport stamped but the school resumes September 2020, is it possible to go to Canada around February and while away time.

Hello Deveid,

Why not use the sound 7 months to learn a skill i.e. Barbing, Plaiting, Plumbering etc. You won't regret it.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ChidimmaP: 5:42pm On Dec 07, 2019
Good evening everyone. I received BVL since Thursday, less than 3 weeks after my submission. I'm yet to get further correspondence regarding my application. Is it because it's weekend or what? I'm really nervous
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Joclins: 7:28pm On Dec 07, 2019
JustMellow:

Have to go through your profile again, it must have escaped me noticing that your intended program is a B.sc. I gave my response based on Master program.

If you going for a B.sc., you won't be able to secure funding from the school except you ate able to secure a scholarship from external bodies or institution.

If you are awarded a scholarship or funding by a company, there is no harm indicating/informing the school about it especially if its been asked.

My apologies.

You don't get me sir.
I'm talking about consideration for International Leaders of Tomorrow Award.
It is a need-based funding for international students.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Oganammuo: 7:54pm On Dec 07, 2019
Good evening nairaland family, pls study leave with pay in a federal institution, does it have any negative implication before CIC later in life when you want to apply for permanent residency.

Note: you are fully sponsoring yourself.

Frankrobbin, Justmellow, everyone pls give me an answer to this challenge.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sammyfrance23: 8:36pm On Dec 07, 2019
Good evening everyone please I need your opinion on this ..
I got admission into New Brunswick college of craft and design to study digital media. I’m a graduate of Computer Science with 3.8/5 CGPA . So I met with Maple Education and was advice not to process it because due to the fact that the VO might not see it as a good reason because it’s a diploma course.
So I deferred till next fall.
Now I want to know if I should go ahead with the visa application or just apply for a masters degree or a PGDC??
Mr Frank
Just Mellow
Qudkom
Everyone !!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Cjleks: 9:19pm On Dec 07, 2019
sammyfrance23:
I got admission into New Brunswick college of craft and design to study digital media. I’m a graduate of Computer Science with 3.8/5 CGPA . So I met with Maple Education and was advice not to process it because due to the fact that the VO might not see it as a good reason because it’s a diploma course.
Now I want to know if I should go ahead with the visa application or just apply for a masters degree or a PGDC??
Mr Frank
Just Mellow
Qudkom
Everyone !!!!

Don't feel your visa will be approved even with Maple. They don't influence the issuance of visa. Don't waste your money with them. Information gathered here is more than helpful stick to it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Sacollins123: 9:21pm On Dec 07, 2019
Good evening house, I celebrate everyone and compliments of the season. Please I really need help on what next and how am to go about my study permit application. I have completed my school processes at SAIT as i have been admitted and confirmed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sammyfrance23: 9:27pm On Dec 07, 2019
Thank you. I’ve already made a decision to apply myself with the information here. But then I would like to know if I should proceed

Cjleks:

Don't feel your visa will be approved even with Maple. They don't influence the issuance of visa. Don't waste your money with them. Information gathered here is more than helpful stick to it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 10:08pm On Dec 07, 2019
Oganammuo:
Good evening nairaland family, pls study leave with pay in a federal institution, does it have any negative implication before CIC later in life when you want to apply for permanent residency.

Note: you are fully sponsoring yourself.

Frankrobbin, Justmellow, everyone pls give me an answer to this challenge.

The direct answer is NO it doesn't adversely have a negative impact on your application. Almost every applicant's do mention in their various applications that they would be returning home after studies. In the long run, they fail to keep to the written words on the paper but decide to apply for PR after completion of their program.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sammyfrance23: 10:30pm On Dec 07, 2019
Please I need answers

sammyfrance23:
Mr Frank
Just Mellow
Qudkom
Everyone !!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by eightyeight: 11:21pm On Dec 07, 2019
sammyfrance23:
Please I need answers

hey, you are a university graduate already. It is not a smart decision to go back for a diploma program, it doesn't show progression at all. Cant you find this same course on a pgd level or is there a reason why you are adamant on it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Oganammuo: 11:51pm On Dec 07, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

The direct answer is NO it doesn't adversely have a negative impact on your application. Almost every applicant's do mention in their various applications that they would be returning home after studies. In the long run, they fail to keep to the written words on the paper but decide to apply for PR after completion of their program.

Thank you very much @Frankrobbin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Girllikeme: 2:02am On Dec 08, 2019
Did you link your application online ?
ChidimmaP:
Good evening everyone. I received BVL since Thursday, less than 3 weeks after my submission. I'm yet to get further correspondence regarding my application. Is it because it's weekend or what? I'm really nervous

(1) (2) (3) ... (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.