Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,063 members, 7,814,664 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (433) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1020683 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by dekere: 8:51pm On Dec 05, 2019
[/b]Anon123

Jephehe:
[b]Conestoga College - Fall (September) 2020 Admission is OPEN

https://international.conestogac.on.ca/programs

If you have any questions send pm

If you're interested in Conestoga College contact me for your referral code.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by samson147(m): 9:04pm On Dec 05, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

Biotechnology is a an exciting and lucrative field in Nigeria and in the world at large. You've a good CGPA (3.78), and thus i would strongly suggest you go for a master's program to show career progression/advancement... Take a minute to look at Master's of Public Health at Saskatchewan and University of Western Ontario, it's also a good one too and the program deadline is fast approaching in January 2020.

I don't know any IELTS Center. During the time I sat for the exam, I used some useful online tutorials and materials from... www.ieltsadvantage.com, www.ieltsbuddy.com, www.ieltsliz.com etc.. I would also recommend that you download the CAMBRIDGE IELTS GENERAL BOOK 11-14, and Audios (listening part) - This text book looks like the actual exam questions.

You might want to also check this PREPARE FOR IELTS THREAD, for more information that would be of great benefit while preparing for your upcoming test.

It will end in praises.
Frankrobbn1:

Biotechnology is a an exciting and lucrative field in Nigeria and in the world at large. You've a good CGPA (3.78), and thus i would strongly suggest you go for a master's program to show career progression/advancement... Take a minute to look at Master's of Public Health at Saskatchewan and University of Western Ontario, it's also a good one too and the program deadline is fast approaching in January 2020.

I don't know any IELTS Center. During the time I sat for the exam, I used some useful online tutorials and materials from... www.ieltsadvantage.com, www.ieltsbuddy.com, www.ieltsliz.com etc.. I would also recommend that you download the CAMBRIDGE IELTS GENERAL BOOK 11-14, and Audios (listening part) - This text book looks like the actual exam questions.

You might want to also check this PREPARE FOR IELTS THREAD, for more information that would be of great benefit while preparing for your upcoming test.

It will end in praises.
Pls bro I had a cgpa of 3.20 would that be of any good, cos I'll also love to apply for Masters of public health or most likely biotech
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ChidimmaP: 9:39pm On Dec 05, 2019
Piecoco:
I did upfront medical and I just saw medical passed, please what is this all about ?

Which day did you apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Piecoco: 9:47pm On Dec 05, 2019
ChidimmaP:

Which day did you apply?

19 November
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by joyblinks(f): 9:55pm On Dec 05, 2019
Please house..

I need a school that can offer tution free scholarship. I have searched on google but couldnt find any. I had a GPA of 3:60 in school. Whoever has an info should please quote me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by UrsyBC: 10:02pm On Dec 05, 2019
[quote author=Frankrobbn1 post=84657523]

I see no problem here and for this reason you shouldn't panic. The issue of late passport transmission happens on several occasions of which I'm an eye witness. I would advise you proactively raise a CSE to the Kenya, Nairobi Immigration office.

Thank you @frankrobbn1 for the response. Of course, it calms my nerves. I had sent them a mail yesterday. Awaiting their response. Will keep the house updated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by jogojogo: 10:12pm On Dec 05, 2019
Just gut rejection notifcation today:

Some of these reasons given are a bit confusing to me:

Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada. After careful review of your student permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

For the last reason given, I have three kids, husband and landed properties. Are these not enough? I don't have any relative in Canada.
Talimg about the limited employment prospect, I chose Computer Science. Is this not good enough?
Guys please advise me so I know what next to do.

Documents submitted to show home ties:
marriage certificate
Birth certificates of my 3 kids
landed properties documents with my name and husbands name.
Are these not enough to show home ties? All these were also clearly highlighted in my SOP.

Course applied for: Computer Science
Program: Undergraduate
Employment document showing current and past employment details (salary around #50,000 monthly)
Please how does this affect the prospect of my employability when I come back? Does it mean that Computer Science is not a viable cource of study?

I intend to reapply but this time for a post graduate studies, please will it affect my chances because previously I didnt indicate or added my BSC certificate. Can I reapply using my BSC certificate and not be denined because of that?
I need response on these please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by jogojogo: 10:16pm On Dec 05, 2019
dekere:
For you to have detail assistance you need to update your post with the summary of your profile. Documents submitted, Employment info, Educational details etc.

I have added some details as suggested.

Some of these reasons given are a bit confusing to me:

Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada. After careful review of your student permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

For the last reason given, I have three kids, husband and landed properties. Are these not enough? I don't have any relative in Canada.
Talimg about the limited employment prospect, I chose Computer Science. Is this not good enough?
Guys please advise me so I know what next to do.

Documents submitted to show home ties:
marriage certificate
Birth certificates of my 3 kids
landed properties documents with my name and husbands name.
Are these not enough to show home ties? All these were also clearly highlighted in my SOP.

Course applied for: Computer Science
Program: Undergraduate
Employment document showing current and past employment details (salary around #50,000 monthly)
Please how does this affect the prospect of my employability when I come back? Does it mean that Computer Science is not a viable cource of study?

I intend to reapply but this time for a post graduate studies, please will it affect my chances because previously I didnt indicate or added my BSC certificate. Can I reapply using my BSC certificate and not be denined because of that?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by peaceful22: 10:52pm On Dec 05, 2019
Please when did you apply?

[quote author=jogojogo post=84662232]

I have added some details as suggested.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 2:22am On Dec 06, 2019
Good morning all.

Is it normal that there has been no update on my application since the 1st of November?
Biometrics was completed on the 1st of November and I did upfront medicals.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by starboychan: 4:44am On Dec 06, 2019
Hi, we are in the same boat . Whatever you do, don't waste your money on Canadian college. They don't offer PGWP. try lambton
Mrtush:
Greetings All,

I need your advice pls. I have been making research on colleges and universities that will accept my 3.01GPA in civil engineering.Im looking at 2 years project management program With co-op in diploma. I found two lambton college and Canadian college. Is there anyone here who got admission from either of this schools? Which one of this schools has higher chances of getting visa. I will appreciate your comments and suggestions. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ChidimmaP: 6:04am On Dec 06, 2019
Piecoco:

19 November

Ok. It was quite fast. I applied 18th
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Chukwuemekatehi(m): 6:33am On Dec 06, 2019
Is lambto not a Canadian college?
starboychan:
Hi, we are in the same boat . Whatever you do, don't waste your money on Canadian college. They don't offer PGWP. try lambton
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Joclins: 7:38am On Dec 06, 2019
Hello everyone,

I want you to guide me on my journey in applying to UBC for BsC in kinesiology.

WASSCE O'level (B3s in maths and Chemistry,C6 in Biology)
100level gpa(23 load units)=4.80/5.00
Have occupied different leadership positions and have been dedicated to different volunteer services.

I will also be applying for the International Leader of Tomorrow Award. Please am I good to apply or I still need more?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ormohlawlah: 8:09am On Dec 06, 2019
Joclins:
Hello everyone,

Have occupied different leadership positions and have been dedicated to different volunteer services.

I will also be applying for the International Leader of Tomorrow Award. Please am I good to apply or I still need more?

Are you sure the deadline for the award hasn't passed? The deadline for most of UBC's scholarships is December 1st.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 8:12am On Dec 06, 2019
samson147:

Pls bro I had a cgpa of 3.20 would that be of any good, cos I'll also love to apply for Masters of public health or most likely biotech

Your CGPA (3.20) won't fly for a master's program in Canada.. Your best bet is to apply for a post graduate diploma program in Biotechnology at Centennial College.

It will end in praises
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Joclins: 8:23am On Dec 06, 2019
Ormohlawlah:

Are you sure the deadline for the award hasn't passed? The deadline for most of UBC's scholarships is December 1st.

I mean I'll be applying for 2021 intake not 2020 intake.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Anon123: 9:19am On Dec 06, 2019
Mrtush:
Greetings All,

I need your advice pls. I have been making research on colleges and universities that will accept my 3.01GPA in civil engineering.Im looking at 2 years project management program With co-op in diploma. I found two lambton college and Canadian college. Is there anyone here who got admission from either of this schools? Which one of this schools has higher chances of getting visa. I will appreciate your comments and suggestions. Thank you

Try Algoquin college, Centennial, Humber, Mohawk, Lambton etc
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Anon123: 9:22am On Dec 06, 2019
starboychan:

First of... lambton is a college. Secondly for the bolded, where did you get this fraudulent lie pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 9:55am On Dec 06, 2019
Good morning all.

Is it normal that there has been no update on my application since the 1st of November?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Anon123: 9:56am On Dec 06, 2019
okikiabdu:
Good morning all.

Thank you.

It's not abnormal.
It's only abnormal if it has elapsed the standard processing periods..
You application will be attended to, don't worry..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 10:09am On Dec 06, 2019
Anon123:

It's not abnormal.
It's only abnormal if it has elapsed the standard processing periods..
You application will be attended to, don't worry..

Thank you very much for your response. It has been five weeks already though.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by peaceful22: 10:42am On Dec 06, 2019
I think is a good sign of positive out come.
okikiabdu:

Thank you very much for your response. It has been five weeks already though.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 10:50am On Dec 06, 2019
peaceful22:
I think is a good sign of positive out come.

Thank you for your response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 11:44am On Dec 06, 2019
starboychan:

Hello Starboychan,

This is a wrong information. They do.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 11:54am On Dec 06, 2019
Joclins:
Hello everyone,

You academic profile is good and can land you a scholarship or funding. The bold would make real sense if an award/scholarship/funding went along with it during when you held this position or as the case may be.

First thing you should do is going through the requirements of your prospect department for both admission and funding. That would determine how to put in a strong application.

All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 11:58am On Dec 06, 2019
okikiabdu:
Good morning all.

Thank you.

Hello Okikiabdu,

You will surely get updated. As it seems, your application is still within the processing time. If after the time frame no updates pops, send a CSC or email of inquiry to IRCC. Try to stay calm.

Good luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Sammieuwa: 12:18pm On Dec 06, 2019
@Folmid pls check your mail
Congratulations

APPROVAL ALERT @ 1.49PM.

Let me use this opportunity to say a big thank you to all the contributors in this forum and my short prayer is whatever that is saying NO and NO to the YES of GOD in our endeavors shall be frustrated IJN.

This platform gave me JOB in 2008 and now a supernatural breakthrough in my life.. May God bless the founder of this platform.

My advise to all Canadian student VISA seekers should just read some of the threads as i read thread 16 from pali to pali(2x) and then back it up with prayers. No need to waste your money to hire agents as all what you need is in your "sokoto" here.

My timeline:

Route--Paper route
Submission--Oct 4 2019
Medical test request-Nov 1 2019
Medical completed Nov 12 2019
Medical Passed Nov 15 2019
BVL- Nov 20 2019
Approval Nov 26 2019

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED:
My Introduction letter
Wife introduction letter
Salary statement of account
Family company documents
Children Birth certificates
Marriage certificate
Pension Statement of account
Insurance premium
Recent Promotion letter(husband and Wife)
Id cards
Training certificates
Commendation letters from my Boss
Property documents
Lovely SOP-3 pages

School--Windsor university winter 2020

**I finished from Madonna University--Private**

Do you know that "You will never know everything about something; just take that bold step and start while increasing your knowledge in that area." Forward ever and it will surely end in praises.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 12:19pm On Dec 06, 2019
JustMellow:

Hello Okikiabdu,

You will surely get updated. As it seems, your application is still within the processing time. If after the time frame no updates pops, send a CSC or email of inquiry to IRCC. Try to stay calm.

Good luck!

Thank you for your response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Joclins: 12:22pm On Dec 06, 2019
JustMellow:

You academic profile is good and can land you a scholarship or funding. The bold would make real sense if an award/scholarship/funding went along with it during when you held this position or as the case may be.

First to thing you should do is going through the requirements of your prospect department for both admission and funding. That would determine how to put in a strong application.

All the best.

Thank you very much sir/ma.

I have gone through that for BsC in Kinesiology and it was explicitly stated that my academic avarege would be graded by ylusing my avarege high school Gpa and First year average GPA.
Also, the degree requirement is wassce certificate with Math, Chemistry, One of Biology or Physics.

When you said award/scholarships...e.t.c, what about nigeria oil company awards for undergraduates? Can I put in my application too?

Also, I want to apply for the ILOT award...And it was stated on their page that any applicant nominated for the ILOT award will not be considered for other funding/scholarship
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Fortissimo502: 1:21pm On Dec 06, 2019
Chukwuemekatehi:
Is lambto not a Canadian college?
Canadian College of Business, Science & Technology is the name of a college.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by CYPRIANJUNGLE: 1:40pm On Dec 06, 2019
Please my name is cyprian, I graduated from secondary school please I want to know if its possible to get admitted into any cheap university in Canada, I only have waec certificate

(1) (2) (3) ... (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.