Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,117 members, 7,814,918 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (434) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1020816 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Folmid: 3:07pm On Dec 06, 2019
Please who is going to Windsor on Jan 2, 2020?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by edewor1991: 4:15pm On Dec 06, 2019
Greetings,
please,I have Bachelor of Art degree in Theatre Art, i am intending to attend pgd or master degree in canada.
which school can give me admission with GPA 2.81 ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by adslipps: 4:23pm On Dec 06, 2019
Sammieuwa:
@Folmid pls check your mail
Congratulations

APPROVAL ALERT @ 1.49PM.

Let me use this opportunity to say a big thank you to all the contributors in this forum and my short prayer is whatever that is saying NO and NO to the YES of GOD in our endeavors shall be frustrated IJN.

This platform gave me JOB in 2008 and now a supernatural breakthrough in my life.. May God bless the founder of this platform.

My advise to all Canadian student VISA seekers should just read some of the threads as i read thread 16 from pali to pali(2x) and then back it up with prayers. No need to waste your money to hire agents as all what you need is in your "sokoto" here.

My timeline:

Route--Paper route
Submission--Oct 4 2019
Medical test request-Nov 1 2019
Medical completed Nov 12 2019
Medical Passed Nov 15 2019
BVL- Nov 20 2019
Approval Nov 26 2019

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED:
My Introduction letter
Wife introduction letter
Salary statement of account
Family company documents
Children Birth certificates
Marriage certificate
Pension Statement of account
Insurance premium
Recent Promotion letter(husband and Wife)
Id cards
Training certificates
Commendation letters from my Boss
Property documents
Lovely SOP-3 pages

School--Windsor university winter 2020

**I finished from Madonna University--Private**

Do you know that "You will never know everything about something; just take that bold step and start while increasing your knowledge in that area." Forward ever and it will surely end in praises.

Plz check ur mail

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by kennykentipsy: 5:39pm On Dec 06, 2019
Good day everyone I have a couple of questions

1 how do I estimate room and board? And how much would be ok to fill for a program of 1 yrs

2 how do I estimate total funds available for my stay in Canada? Does it include room and board and tuition ? How much can be filled for a program or one year

3 what are the best document to use to proof strong home ties??

4 lastly what do I do when I need to upload a document which is more than 4mb pls note I have tried compressing still above the 4mb mark .

Thanks �

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Omotosweet: 5:52pm On Dec 06, 2019
jogojogo:
Just gut rejection notifcation today:

Some of these reasons given are a bit confusing to me:

Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada. After careful review of your student permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

For the last reason given, I have three kids, husband and landed properties. Are these not enough? I don't have any relative in Canada.
Talimg about the limited employment prospect, I chose Computer Science. Is this not good enough?
Guys please advise me so I know what next to do.

Documents submitted to show home ties:
marriage certificate
Birth certificates of my 3 kids
landed properties documents with my name and husbands name.
Are these not enough to show home ties? All these were also clearly highlighted in my SOP.

Course applied for: Computer Science
Program: Undergraduate
Employment document showing current and past employment details (salary around #50,000 monthly)
Please how does this affect the prospect of my employability when I come back? Does it mean that Computer Science is not a viable cource of study?

I intend to reapply but this time for a post graduate studies, please will it affect my chances because previously I didnt indicate or added my BSC certificate. Can I reapply using my BSC certificate and not be denined because of that?
I need response on these please

In my opinion, your current job and salary is what the visa officer has taken into cognisance. How can you prove that going to school can make you earn more especially in a competitive environment like Nigeria? What exactly is your current job function and what is the possibility that you can get a better job with another BSc. and not a master's degree? Besides why another undergraduate degree and not a PGD or masters?
Family sometimes is not enough home ties. But I can explain it they way the VO sees it though. But I feel you were not convincing enough about returning home after studying or it's as usual a generic response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by teoramoris(f): 6:19pm On Dec 06, 2019
Thanks so much mr frank , im looking at the tutiton fee of those schools though its well.. please can i reach you on whatsapp as well, if you dont mind sir shocked
Frankrobbn1:

Biotechnology is a an exciting and lucrative field in Nigeria and in the world at large. You've a good CGPA (3.78), and thus i would strongly suggest you go for a master's program to show career progression/advancement... Take a minute to look at Master's of Public Health at Saskatchewan and University of Western Ontario, it's also a good one too and the program deadline is fast approaching in January 2020.

I don't know any IELTS Center. During the time I sat for the exam, I used some useful online tutorials and materials from... www.ieltsadvantage.com, www.ieltsbuddy.com, www.ieltsliz.com etc.. I would also recommend that you download the CAMBRIDGE IELTS GENERAL BOOK 11-14, and Audios (listening part) - This text book looks like the actual exam questions.

You might want to also check this PREPARE FOR IELTS THREAD, for more information that would be of great benefit while preparing for your upcoming test.

It will end in praises.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Denerystormborn: 6:20pm On Dec 06, 2019
Hello house. I am in serious need of gmat materials. I would be very grateful to anyone who can assust. I intend writing next month

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by vosquare: 6:23pm On Dec 06, 2019
Good evening, I want to start processing Canadian student visa immediately after my service which is next year but I don't know how to go about it. Who can post a page I can start reading the process from? or someone that can put me through? I studied elect elect

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Piecoco: 6:29pm On Dec 06, 2019
kennykentipsy:
Good day everyone I have a couple of questions

1 how do I estimate room and board? And how much would be ok to fill for a program of 1 yrs

2 how do I estimate total funds available for my stay in Canada? Does it include room and board and tuition ? How much can be filled for a program or one year

3 what are the best document to use to proof strong home ties??

4 lastly what do I do when I need to upload a document which is more than 4mb pls note I have tried compressing still above the 4mb mark .

Thanks �
Use I lovepdf.com
That will help you compress your file to any length

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Melaninkween(f): 7:45pm On Dec 06, 2019
Silent thread readers association!

I hail o, greetings everyone and to all the people holding it down, you're highly appreciated.

With all the refusals recorded is anyone seriously thinking of an alternative country or still willing to risk it for Canada?
I have a BSC from the UK( Dec 2019), I am considering a Masters in Public Health from Canada.
I am 26years and newly married.
I have a good travel history and no visa refusal recorded however with the ongoing skoi skoi at the Canadian embassy, I am contemplating if I should go ahead or not.

I will appreciate any advice.

I pray God's grace make our dreams reality
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by jogojogo: 8:43pm On Dec 06, 2019
jogojogo:
Just gut rejection notifcation today:

Some of these reasons given are a bit confusing to me:

Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada. After careful review of your student permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

For the last reason given, I have three kids, husband and landed properties. Are these not enough? I don't have any relative in Canada.
Talimg about the limited employment prospect, I chose Computer Science. Is this not good enough?
Guys please advise me so I know what next to do.

Documents submitted to show home ties:
marriage certificate
Birth certificates of my 3 kids
landed properties documents with my name and husbands name.
Are these not enough to show home ties? All these were also clearly highlighted in my SOP.

Course applied for: Computer Science
Program: Undergraduate
Employment document showing current and past employment details (salary around #50,000 monthly)
Please how does this affect the prospect of my employability when I come back? Does it mean that Computer Science is not a viable cource of study?

I intend to reapply but this time for a post graduate studies, please will it affect my chances because previously I didnt indicate or added my BSC certificate. Can I reapply using my BSC certificate and not be denined because of that?
I need response on these please

Good evening great people. I need someone to help me on this please. Please; I am pleading.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Anon123: 8:58pm On Dec 06, 2019
vosquare:
Good evening, I want to start processing Canadian student visa immediately after my service which is next year but I don't know how to go about it. Who can post a page I can start reading the process from? or someone that can put me through? I studied elect elect

Kindly check your mail pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by deveid: 9:17pm On Dec 06, 2019
I recently got my passport stamped but the school resumes September 2020, is it possible to go to Canada around February and while away time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by dekere: 10:01pm On Dec 06, 2019
Please don't attempt that you will be returned on arrival.

If I am in you shoes after considering all cons and pros I have to pick admission in another school that is ready to start earlier than Sept and transfer from your previous school to another one because No one knows what the immigration rules will turn out to be.

All the best.

deveid:
I recently got my passport stamped but the school resumes September 2020, is it possible to go to Canada around February and while away time.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Cjleks: 10:21pm On Dec 06, 2019
Melaninkween:

I hail o, greetings everyone and to all the people holding it down, you're highly appreciated.

With all the refusals recorded is anyone seriously thinking of an alternative country or still willing to risk it for Canada?
I have a BSC from the UK( Dec 2019), I am considering a Masters in Public Health from Canada.
I have a good travel history and no visa refusal recorded however with the ongoing skoi skoi at the Canadian embassy, I am contemplating if I should go ahead or not.

Check Australia, Germany, Ireland, New Zealand. In no particular order.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by maxwelldexter: 10:48pm On Dec 06, 2019
Melaninkween:

,bro base on ur details I can say u v a better chance, Canada there shakara too much,God go punish those VO's, as for me am thinking Australia or New zealand

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by maxwelldexter: 10:51pm On Dec 06, 2019
I will suggest we start giving other better countries a trial, and 4get canada,for now,from the refusal rate I see dey don't meet Nigerians any more
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by micluv111: 11:14pm On Dec 06, 2019
maxwelldexter:
I will suggest we start giving other better countries a trial, and 4get canada,for now,from the refusal rate I see dey don't meet Nigerians any more

Seconded
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 11:31pm On Dec 06, 2019
lasisig5:
Can anyone suggest good university or college in Australia and New Zealand, we’ll give it a trial and see.
https://www.nairaland.com/3786389/general-australian-student-visa-enquiries

https://www.nairaland.com/1410222/general-new-zealand-student-enquires/38
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by jogojogo: 11:50pm On Dec 06, 2019
Omotosweet:

Thanks for the response. I appreciate. Though, I didn't state this in my application. I am gainfully employed, working with my BSC in Industrial Chemistry. with a monthly take home of almost 300k. My passion lies in Computer Science and would want to establish a career. For the family ties, O can do more about I. My headache is should I state my current educational qualification and employment status even though they were not stated in my initial application. I only present a part time consultancy job I do.

In my opinion, your current job and salary is what the visa officer has taken into cognisance. How can you prove that going to school can make you earn more especially in a competitive environment like Nigeria? What exactly is your current job function and what is the possibility that you can get a better job with another BSc. and not a master's degree? Besides why another undergraduate degree and not a PGD or masters?
Family sometimes is not enough home ties. But I can explain it they way the VO sees it though. But I feel you were not convincing enough about returning home after studying or it's as usual a generic response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Duuzsz(m): 1:47am On Dec 07, 2019
JustMellow:

Hello Duuzsz,

Don't bother wasting your funds, 300k is a huge sum. However, just a promissory letter from the local government won't guarantee you study visa. If you go ahead with it, you are likely to get refused. It is advisable you look for a more reliable sponsor who can show substantive financial commitment.

Thus, if the local government agrees to show financial commitment by transferring funds for your 1yr or more LE and you paying for your first year tuition fees with proper proof to show for tuition payment for subsequent years, then your next move will be to prove why you were chosen for sure educational benefit.

You should have gone for a PGD/C or Masters. This period, an average application might not scale through for a second degree or a program switch. Though not impossible but it will be really painstaking convincing the VO.

Good luck
Thank you so much... How about I get a relation in the US as sponsor( dad), then I get 1yr tuition fees in my account. Would this work?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by bukkyjt: 3:54am On Dec 07, 2019
Hello house,

Just got a rejection mail and the reason are as follows:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

+

+

+

+

+

You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

I would like to reapply. Can I please get some suggestions on how to go about it.

Would really appreciate.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by jasmy: 6:15am On Dec 07, 2019
Goodday to all the intelligents people here,you're all doing a great job,kudos to you all.
Please I have been denied study visa since September,despite the fact that I have made a part payment of 1750CAD and I have been trying to defer my admission,please how do I go about it, please I will be grateful.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by starboychan: 6:42am On Dec 07, 2019
Canadian college doesn't but lambton does.. that's the information I'm passing . quote author=JustMellow post=84674684]

Hello Starboychan,

This is a wrong information. They do.

[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by starboychan: 6:44am On Dec 07, 2019
Canadian college doesn't offer PGWP I repeat. It's on the website
Anon123:

First of... lambton is a college. Secondly for the bolded, where did you get this fraudulent lie pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by starboychan: 6:45am On Dec 07, 2019
Canadian college is another college on is own just like lambton
Chukwuemekatehi:
Is lambto not a Canadian college?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by starboychan: 6:47am On Dec 07, 2019
Find attached
Anon123:

First of... lambton is a college. Secondly for the bolded, where did you get this fraudulent lie pls

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by starboychan: 6:50am On Dec 07, 2019
JustMellow:

Hello Starboychan,

This is a wrong information. They do.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by deveid: 7:10am On Dec 07, 2019
dekere:
Please don't attempt that you will be returned on arrival.

If I am in you shoes after considering all cons and pros I have to pick admission in another school that is ready to start earlier than Sept and transfer from your previous school to another one because No one knows what the immigration rules will turn out to be.

All the best.

I don't have admission is any other school or do you know any other school that I can apply to that's resuming before September and offers a MSC in computer science or any other MSC in the field of IT?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by librangyps(f): 7:18am On Dec 07, 2019
deveid:

When did you apply for your Visa with a September 2020 admission letter?

Cos I have admission letter for September 2020 but want to wait till February to apply?

Do you mind sharing your profile , timeline , program and school with the house?

Thanks

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.