Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,597 members, 7,812,956 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:38 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (596) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1019814 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Awilibogy(m): 8:14am On Apr 01, 2020
Good morning guys.
i really need help, i am looking for schools for Winter 2020 without application fees. thanks in anticipation guys.
Intended Degree: BSC OR DIPLOMA.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Cboss: 8:16am On Apr 01, 2020
Good morning house, please those of you that applied at home how did you go about printing the IMM forms for signature?
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by AyoitsMub(m): 9:58am On Apr 01, 2020
Awilibogy:
Good morning guys.
i really need help, i am looking for schools for Winter 2020 without application fees. thanks in anticipation guys.

Winter 2020 had passed so I'll assume you meant 2021. Regardless, your best option is to search for the schools online yourself and tailor your search to your purposed course of study and affordability.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Olayinkaji(m): 10:10am On Apr 01, 2020
SORRY HOUSE, A QUICK QUESTION. Do not mind me. In the submission of statement of account, are you to submit it to the embassy or forward it as a mail? I am preparing to print out the statement of account tomorrow in preparation of application and I was thinking since the embassy is closed, and I then print out when I want to apply, will the SOA not be deemed "not current" or late? Sorry for the mix-up in language sad
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 10:30am On Apr 01, 2020
Happy new month everyone
Adetayoade1:
Good evening house , trust we are all doing great please, I have finally Come to plead and would really appreciate any one who can help me vet my SOP please I’ll be really grateful thanks In advance !!
God bless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Anamekele: 10:49am On Apr 01, 2020
Cboss:
Good morning house, please those of you that applied at home how did you go about printing the IMM forms for signature?
Thank you
Online application does not require signature.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by austinelex: 11:10am On Apr 01, 2020
Hello my people in the house pls I hope Canada is not strict In issuing student visa like the USA because I would be going for my biometric on May(when this corona issue is over)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Sirromey(m): 11:25am On Apr 01, 2020
Please I am still waiting for response on this.
Sirromey:
Good morning Everyone. Please has the embassy sent a mail inviting them anyone for medical from March 18 till now?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Iphiegrace(f): 12:40pm On Apr 01, 2020
oloreofe01:

Something must be wrong somewhere. When you last had your biometrics in 2014, was it not 10 years validity? If so, you still have 4 more years

My thoughts exactly unless the Biometrics letter is automated message once an application is submitted.
I will wait and see
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by oloreofe01: 12:54pm On Apr 01, 2020
Sirromey:
Please I am still waiting for response on this.

I am also waiting to receive an email to that effect. I feel that they're assuming this is not the right time to ask anyone to do a medical examination because they may not be able to account for what happens in between
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 1:20pm On Apr 01, 2020
Hello Eveyone,

I have been getting emails about which documents I submitted. I have decided to just put it here for the general public.

Documents submitted;

- School Offer letter for September from University of Windsor for Masters program (2 years). I think there’s a luck with this university. People usually get their study permits granted when they’ve applied to this university.

- Proof of Tuition Payment ( I paid in full)

- Proof of Accommodation ( I already rented a two bedroom flat and got a contract sent to me)

- Undergraduate Transcripts & degree certificate

- CV (I wrote a standard one)

- Self Sponsored so I submitted my bank statements with about 40m. Note that there was no lodgement of funds.

- My landed property documents

- Statement of purpose/LOE (Outsourced)

- Other Supporting documents like business registration certificate, award certificates,etc

- Of course passport, birth certificate and other mandatory documents.

- Previous Issued Visas

I did not use any agent for the second application

Let me know if you have any questions
I will answer when I can

If I remember anything else, I will input

Wunaarroon69:
Hello Everyone,
I have been a silent reader but just created an account to share my testimony.

1st Online Submission : September 10th 2019
Correspondent Letter : October 15th 2019
Refusal Letter : October 15th 2019

2nd Online Submission : February 12th 2020
Original Passport Request Letter : March 6th 2020
Visa Stamped : awaiting because I just sent my passport on Monday
Resumption Date : September 2020

Here’s my story,
I initially applied for a study permit last year. I was denied but I didn’t care to reapply because I thought I would just focus on Australia or US.

However, things changed and I just made up my mind to leave Nigeria come rain , come sunshine. I was among the people that got affected by that lagos fire in December 2019. I lost almost everything I had and the government till today has not done anything or compensated us.

Anyway, a friend of mine told me about reapplying but I brushed it away. Told him I’m tired of Canada and their wahala. He told me to just try again and I should check Nairaland for tips etc. That’s how everything I started.
My university accepted to defer my admission for this years entry. I reapplied with the same exact documents. I just printed new statement. Then I rewrote my SOP & LOE. There was this twitter guy that helped me with the SOP & LOE.

Everything else I did myself with the tips from here. I did not pay any agent at all! Agent ruined me last time. When I got my medical request , i didn’t even take it serious or rushed it. Infact I already lost hope and excitement. I still went ahead to do it and just believed that highest it will just be lost money nothing more.

To make this short, please keep trying.
I just want to tell everyone here to not GIVE UP.
Even if you have been denied , try again if you can. Do not use agent if possible because they will just fill rubbish for you on the form.

Do it yourself. It is time consuming but worth it.
Make sure your SOP is standard. Don’t write stories that touch for them. Straight the point and concise. I will upload my documents later
I applied to Uni of Windsor. Paid all my fees etc . Two years Msc. Over 40m in my personal account and showed property documents. I believe that at times they just deny someone automatically like its computer based I dunno.

Just don’t give up please
God bless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by hamzat55: 1:46pm On Apr 01, 2020
Cousin application was refused yesterday due to:
* family ties
* personal asset & finan. Circumstances.

Surprisingly his mother and two siblings who applied with him for the purpose of accompany him, their application was not refused, but still read 'Submitted'
Is there any hope for his mum and two siblings getting approved after the principal applicant's application was refused?
GCSM note already requested for.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Jacktours: 2:01pm On Apr 01, 2020
Wunaarroon69:
Hello Eveyone,

I have been getting emails about which documents I submitted. I have decided to just put it here for the general public.

Documents submitted;

- School Offer letter for September from University of Windsor for Masters program (2 years). I think there’s a luck with this university. People usually get their study permits granted when they’ve applied to this university.

- Proof of Accommodation ( I already rented a two bedroom flat and got a contract sent to me)

- Self Sponsored so I submitted my bank statements with about 40m. Note that there was no lodgement of funds.

- Other Supporting documents like business registration certificate, award certificates,etc

- Previous Issued Visas

I will answer when I can

congratulations to you i am so happy for you, please can u help me with a cooy of your LOE AND SOP PLEASE MY EMAIL : jackpaulhodonu@hotmail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Strongwind1960: 2:49pm On Apr 01, 2020
Adetayoade1:
God bless you I’ll send you a PM I really appreciate this

Good day ade, I got your PM but didn't see your SOP.
I have replied to your mail as well.

Have a blessed day.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ournaija: 5:54pm On Apr 01, 2020
Wunaarroon69:
Hello Eveyone,

Documents submitted;

- Previous Issued Visas

I will answer when I can

Which route online or offline?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by cannymustgo20: 6:43pm On Apr 01, 2020
Hope we’re all staying safe. Please house I need your help. I have two diploma and HND in business administration and management. Please I want to know if I can apply for masters with HND. Though my credential is under evaluation with WES.

I would also need guidance from someone who has or is applying to university of regina.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ptoall1000: 6:52pm On Apr 01, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

What was your previous undergraduate studies and current employment status in your home country? This will determine the program you should be looking for.

It will end in praises
Studies Met and Mat Engineering but diversified to IT for 15 years. I hv masters in IT but don’t want to tender it. I want to apply for Masters in information security in canada. That s my core area in the last few years. What s ur advise?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Pseermuhel(m): 7:32pm On Apr 01, 2020
Hi guys,

Please I need your advice on what to do. I submitted my application (paper route) January 20 and I did an upfront medical which was approved January 27.

Ever since I've not received feedback as regard my application. It is now more than 10 weeks. Please what advice will you give me on this.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 7:42pm On Apr 01, 2020
Crystalheart:
Good afternoon guys

I am about to reapply and want to confirm if I will have to create another account on CIC or I can start another application on the previous account?

Thanks

You can start an another application on the previous account.

It will end in praises

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 7:45pm On Apr 01, 2020
Pseermuhel:
Hi guys,

Please I need your advice on what to do. I submitted my application (paper route) January 20 and I did an upfront medical which was approved January 27.

Ever since I've not received feedback as regard my application. It is now more than 10 weeks. Please what advice will you give me on this.

Thank you.

Send an email to the Kenya, Nairobi immigration office requesting for the status/update on your application and asking if they require any further documents from you that could expedite the processing of your Visa. Don't forget to mention that your application for a study permit has exceeded the standard processing times for Nigerian applicants. Furthermore, even if your application is approved now, you will also face delay in passport submission as the VFS office is currently lockdown until further notice.

It will end in praises.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 7:49pm On Apr 01, 2020
ptoall1000:

Studies Met and Mat Engineering but diversified to IT for 15 years. I hv masters in IT but don’t want to tender it. I want to apply for Masters in information security in canada. That s my core area in the last few years. What s ur advise?

Proceed with your plans boss, check for designated institutions in Canada that offers a program related to your core area in the last few years. Along the line, if you need further assistance, don't hesitate to ask questions here and we will be happy to advise you appropriately.

It will end in praises.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 7:55pm On Apr 01, 2020
Adetayoade1:
Good evening house , trust we are all doing great please, I have finally Come to plead and would really appreciate any one who can help me vet my SOP please I’ll be really grateful thanks In advance !!
God bless
Evening house
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 7:58pm On Apr 01, 2020
cannymustgo20:
Hope we’re all staying safe. Please house I need your help. I have two diploma and HND in business administration and management. Please I want to know if I can apply for masters with HND. Though my credential is under evaluation with WES.

I would also need guidance from someone who has or is applying to university of regina.

Thank you

You're at the right place.... However, it is important to know that you can't secure a master's program with a HND certification. Your best bet is opting for a post graduate diploma/certificate (PGD/C). Please don't
make the mistake of applying and wasting your hard earned application fees to any of the Universities in Canada for a masters program.

It will end in praises.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Pseermuhel(m): 8:06pm On Apr 01, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

Send an email to the Kenya, Nairobi immigration office requesting for the status/update on your application and asking if they require any further documents from you that could expedite the processing of your Visa. Don't forget to mention that your application for a study permit has exceeded the standard processing times for Nigerian applicants. Furthermore, even if your application is approved now, you will also face delay in passport submission as the VFS office is currently lockdown until further notice.

It will end in praises.

Amen. Thank you very much bro. I've submitted my passport with the documents.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 8:09pm On Apr 01, 2020
hamzat55:
Cousin application was refused yesterday due to:
* family ties
* personal asset & finan. Circumstances.

Surprisingly his mother and two siblings who applied with him for the purpose of accompany him, their application was not refused, but still read 'Submitted'
Is there any hope for his mum and two siblings getting approved after the principal applicant's application was refused?
GCSM note already requested for.

What type of immigration program did they apply for? Sadly, when the principal applicant (PA) application is already refused, the rest of the accompanying dependants will also be automatically refused based on same ground.

Keep the house posted on the outcome of the rest of application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 8:13pm On Apr 01, 2020
Pseermuhel:

Amen. Thank you very much bro. I've submitted my passport with the documents.

You went through the paper route. You will have to wait until the COVID-19 pandemic virus has completely reduced/is no more before you can have your passport back.

Accept my congratulations by faith. Keep the house posted on the outcome of your application.

It will end in praises.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 8:18pm On Apr 01, 2020
austinelex:
Hello my people in the house pls I hope Canada is not strict In issuing student visa like the USA because I would be going for my biometric on May(when this corona issue is over)

Submit your application and hope for the best. The process might turn out to favour you even if the visa officers at the Canadian embassy are strict when scrutinizing Nigerian applications. In the end, pray for grace.

It will end in praises.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 8:23pm On Apr 01, 2020
Olayinkaji:
SORRY HOUSE, A QUICK QUESTION. Do not mind me. In the submission of statement of account, are you to submit it to the embassy or forward it as a mail? I am preparing to print out the statement of account tomorrow in preparation of application and I was thinking since the embassy is closed, and I then print out when I want to apply, will the SOA not be deemed "not current" or late? Sorry for the mix-up in language sad

The SOA is meant to be submitted alongside with other supporting documents. You DON'T forward SOA to the embassy at the time of application submission. You only do so if they requested for it during the time of processing your application. More importantly, SOA is valid for a month, so make every move to be sure your application is submitted within a month of having printed the SOA.

I hope this information is clear enough.

It will end in praises.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 8:26pm On Apr 01, 2020
Awilibogy:
Good morning guys.

You're at the right place.... Check Centennial College for their diploma programs. They offer tuition free applications for international students. Meanwhile, you can't find any application free schools for an undergraduate program (BSc) to be precise.

It will end in praises.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 8:31pm On Apr 01, 2020
Cboss:
Thank you

You DON'T have to sign the IMM forms, after the successful uploading of files into their various sections, you will be prompted to use your full name as written on your passport to electronic sign and transmit your application.

It will end in praises.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by austinelex: 8:41pm On Apr 01, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

Submit your application and hope for the best. The process might turn out to favour you even if the visa officers at the Canadian embassy are strict when scrutinizing Nigerian applications. In the end, pray for grace.

It will end in praises.
thanks bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by hamzat55: 8:42pm On Apr 01, 2020
They applied for visiting visa and their application status is still reading submitted.

Frankrobbn1:

What type of immigration program did they apply for? Sadly, when the principal applicant (PA) application is already refused, the rest of the accompanying dependants will also be automatically refused based on same ground.

Keep the house posted on the outcome of the rest of application.

(1) (2) (3) ... (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.