Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,102 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (597) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1021015 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 8:59pm On Apr 01, 2020
Ournaija:

Which route online or offline?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Chukwuemeka101: 10:13pm On Apr 01, 2020
Obasanjo280:
Nothing Ooh. You nko?

Not yet, but will contact them tomorrow
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Graceee: 10:41pm On Apr 01, 2020
Wunaarroon69:
Please what was your undergraduate CGPA before the school offered you an admission
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Kess2020: 11:14pm On Apr 01, 2020
Wunaarroon69:
Hello Eveyone,

I have been getting emails about which documents I submitted. I have decided to just put it here for the general public.

Documents submitted;

- School Offer letter for September from University of Windsor for Masters program (2 years). I think there’s a luck with this university. People usually get their study permits granted when they’ve applied to this university.

- Proof of Tuition Payment ( I paid in full)

- Proof of Accommodation ( I already rented a two bedroom flat and got a contract sent to me)

- Undergraduate Transcripts & degree certificate

- CV (I wrote a standard one)

- Self Sponsored so I submitted my bank statements with about 40m. Note that there was no lodgement of funds.

- My landed property documents

- Statement of purpose/LOE (Outsourced)

- Other Supporting documents like business registration certificate, award certificates,etc

- Of course passport, birth certificate and other mandatory documents.

- Previous Issued Visas

I did not use any agent for the second application

Let me know if you have any questions
I will answer when I can

If I remember anything else, I will input

Bro the 40mils shocked for this recession V.O gonna definitely stamp the passport thrice cheesy.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Kaycevit: 11:33pm On Apr 01, 2020
[quote author=hamzat55 post=87989667]Cousin application was refused yesterday due to:
* family ties
* personal asset & finan. Circumstances.

Surprisingly his mother and two siblings who applied with him for the purpose of accompany him, their application was not refused, but still read 'Submitted'
Is there any hope for his mum and two siblings getting approved after the principal applicant's application was refused?
GCSM note already requested for. Quote When did u apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 1:45am On Apr 02, 2020
Good morning,

I have a few questions i would like to ask. I just got admitted into MASc in oil and gas engineering (course based). I hold a first degree from Nigeria, Mechanical Engineering.

How is the oil and gas industry in canada? can i practice as an engineer after my masters program? Thanks as i anticipate your response.

PS: i was admitted to Memorial University of Newfoundland.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Evabanks: 3:52am On Apr 02, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:
Good morning,

I have a few questions i would like to ask. I just got admitted into MASc in oil and gas engineering (course based). I hold a first degree from Nigeria, Mechanical Engineering.

How is the oil and gas industry in canada? can i practice as an engineer after my masters program? Thanks as i anticipate your response.

PS: i was admitted to Memorial University of Newfoundland.

the industry worldwide isn't good at the moment. convid 19 is hitting it hard, so the demand is low, Saudi Arabia and Russia are fighting, oil prices has dropped worldwide. There are no guarantees in the oil sector, job stability is nil. Besides the World is changing and alternative energy is the future, so why not continue on your Mechanical engineering or look into other engineering fields that would allow you vast job opportunities

p.s; just giving my opinion, the gurus in the house would give you their expert opinion.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 5:54am On Apr 02, 2020
Adetayoade1:
Good evening house , trust we are all doing great please, I have finally Come to plead and would really appreciate any one who can help me vet my SOP please I’ll be really grateful thanks In advance !!
God bless
Blessed day everyone !
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Shanid(m): 6:43am On Apr 02, 2020
Naijaforeigner:

I do not know the exact date, she told me 1 year. The date is irrelevant. Some students get 8 months plus extra 3 months on their visa. I know a student that had 8 months (duration of program) plus extra 6 months at POE.

In my case at the POE, I got 9 months (8 months of my program plus extra 1 month to leave Canada upon expiry. I had to renew my visa in Canada. Upon renewal, they gave me another 1 year plus extra 4 months. Study permit exact duration varies.

please, can you explain more about PGC, IM SEEING/HEARING THIS IS MY FIRST TIME .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 7:02am On Apr 02, 2020
Evabanks:

the industry worldwide isn't good at the moment. convid 19 is hitting it hard, so the demand is low, Saudi Arabia and Russia are fighting, oil prices has dropped worldwide. There are no guarantees in the oil sector, job stability is nil. Besides the World is changing and alternative energy is the future, so why not continue on your Mechanical engineering or look into other engineering fields that would allow you vast job opportunities

p.s; just giving my opinion, the gurus in the house would give you their expert opinion.

I could not get into mechanical because of some circumstances surrounding their admission policy. So, i got into o&g instead.

Thanks for the insight.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Olayinkaji(m): 8:36am On Apr 02, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

The SOA is meant to be submitted alongside with other supporting documents. You DON'T forward SOA to the embassy at the time of application submission. You only do so if they requested for it during the time of processing your application. More importantly, SOA is valid for a month, so make every move to be sure your application is submitted within a month of having printed the SOA.

I hope this information is clear enough.

It will end in praises.
Thanks bro. I appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 10:04am On Apr 02, 2020
Good Morning everyone , hope y'all staying safe..

A Quick question..

-That 4mb limit , is it that it has to be 4MB on the dot. E.g (4.00MB)?

- If it 4.96mb, 4.97mb.., will the Uploading still go thru...?

Thanks...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 10:15am On Apr 02, 2020
No. Let’s assume ur account limit is N1,000, can N1,200 enter?
geosolomac:
Good Morning everyone , hope y'all staying safe..

A Quick question..

-That 4mb limit , is it that it has to be 4MB on the dot. E.g (4.00MB)?

- If it 4.96mb, 4.97mb.., will the Uploading still go thru...?

Thanks...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 10:43am On Apr 02, 2020
Richbest18:
No. Let’s assume ur account limit is N1,000, can N1,200 enter?

Roger that, thanks so much for the response

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by austinelex: 11:14am On Apr 02, 2020
Hello house pls help a brother can one get an admission to the university of Manitoba with out paying any tuition fee till he get to Canada pls ur response we go a long way
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ndis: 11:45am On Apr 02, 2020
Wunaarroon69:
Hello Eveyone,

I have been getting emails about which documents I submitted. I have decided to just put it here for the general public.

Documents submitted;

- School Offer letter for September from University of Windsor for Masters program (2 years). I think there’s a luck with this university. People usually get their study permits granted when they’ve applied to this university.

- Proof of Tuition Payment ( I paid in full)

- Proof of Accommodation ( I already rented a two bedroom flat and got a contract sent to me)

- Undergraduate Transcripts & degree certificate

- CV (I wrote a standard one)

- Self Sponsored so I submitted my bank statements with about 40m. Note that there was no lodgement of funds.

- My landed property documents

- Statement of purpose/LOE (Outsourced)

- Other Supporting documents like business registration certificate, award certificates,etc

- Of course passport, birth certificate and other mandatory documents.

- Previous Issued Visas

I did not use any agent for the second application

Let me know if you have any questions
I will answer when I can

If I remember anything else, I will input

Congratulations! Please do you mind sharing a copy of your Sop/Loe with me? Also, could you refer the individual you outsourced your sop to? for i wish to use his services. Below is my email address.

I was refused SP last year, i applied for a graduate certificate program. I got Loa from another college this year though for a 2 years post- sec sch diploma which is lower than a BSc Hons i hold. So basically, i need a strong LOE.
Thank you in anticipation for a response.

Email id: faithndinigwe@gmail.com

Regards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 11:59am On Apr 02, 2020
Yes
austinelex:
Hello house pls help a brother can one get an admission to the university of Manitoba with out paying any tuition fee till he get to Canada pls ur response we go a long way
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by austinelex: 12:09pm On Apr 02, 2020
Adetayoade1:
Yes
pls is there anything like university_1 program at the university of Manitoba
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Cboss: 12:20pm On Apr 02, 2020
Thank you for your reply...I actually saw it when I started my application.

God bless
Frankrobbn1:

You DON'T have to sign the IMM forms, after the successful uploading of files into their various sections, you will be prompted to use your full name as written on your passport to electronic sign and transmit your application.

It will end in praises.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 12:24pm On Apr 02, 2020
Quite confused here I don’t know of any university_1 program
austinelex:
pls is there anything like university_1 program at the university of Manitoba
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Cboss: 12:25pm On Apr 02, 2020
Good day house, please help....my husband would love to join me to canada if my visa is approved, not to stay o just to help me settle and come back, how do I add him to my application. In the family form I ticked yes in the in "will accompany you to canada" is that all? Or does he need to apply separately for visitors Visa.
Thank you all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Adurami040517: 12:39pm On Apr 02, 2020
Hello house, am new here as I was referred by a friend that I will get useful tips here to for my study permit application. Please anyone with seneca college experience here. Thank you in anticipation
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by austinelex: 12:57pm On Apr 02, 2020
Adetayoade1:
Quite confused here I don’t know of any university_1 program
I mean to say university 1 program
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 1:32pm On Apr 02, 2020
I haven’t heard of such
austinelex:
I mean to say university 1 program
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by vibrant99(m): 1:35pm On Apr 02, 2020
Am sorry for your struggles, and wont advice you less ...

The problem i have with your posts/comments is the desperate sound, don't misunderstand me.

You will get this thing, no doubt, but slow down and take a deep breath.

Canadian Visa is all about how you can slow down and breath in, and then Breath out!

Your LOE is not The problem, ...

In a Technological term, this is an Hardware problem , not Software!

JCXpert:

I have similar case of traveling with my 2 sons of age 4&7, I have been refused 3times ,I even requested for my GCM note but the kids were not mentioned as the ground for my refusal, I want to apply again, if I get my permit, can I apply for my kids before I travel in order to be able to travel with them, or I have to travel first and apply for them while there, they are just too minor to leave behind, pls I need ur guide. Besides i need some guru to vet my LOE before i resubmit my application.Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 1:43pm On Apr 02, 2020
!!!
Adetayoade1:
Good evening house , trust we are all doing great please, I have finally Come to plead and would really appreciate any one who can help me vet my SOP please I’ll be really grateful thanks In advance !!
God bless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 2:00pm On Apr 02, 2020
Please if you have gotten PGD/C admission before with HND, kindly assist. Have upper credit in business administration and management, but will like to switch to human resource management.

Please assist with list of affordable institutions in Canada. Being checking online too and have sent mail to some of the institutions, but keep getting negative feedback.

Please assist.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Cowbell521: 2:41pm On Apr 02, 2020
Why CIC keep mute on us na? Nothing nothing since

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 3:00pm On Apr 02, 2020
Shanid:
please, can you explain more about PGC, IM SEEING/HEARING THIS IS MY FIRST TIME .

Pgc - Post graduate certificate.
Pgd - Post graduate diploma
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 3:03pm On Apr 02, 2020
I was refused SP last year, i applied for a graduate certificate program. I got Loa from another college this year though for a 2 years post- sec sch diploma which is lower than a BSc Hons i hold. So basically, i need a strong LOE.
Thank you in anticipation for a response.

Email id: faithndinigwe@gmail.com

Regards.[/quote]

For the bolded, I strongly suggest you apply for a PGD/PGC. Paying expensive fees for a degree lower than your BSc in Canada is not a good move.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Kaycevit: 3:32pm On Apr 02, 2020
Cowbell521:
Why CIC keep mute on us na? Nothing nothing since
since when please

(1) (2) (3) ... (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.