Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,799 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (87) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1024710 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by guzenaira: 12:30am On Jul 01, 2019
AkeemTy:
Hey folks,

I will be glad if someone can advice me on this. I intend applying for a masters program in eHealth, September, 2020 intake and in a few weeks the admission process starts. I am married with no kids and certainly will be taking my wife along when the time comes but I am concerned about the best approach to take. I read there are two ways one can go about this:

1. You can apply to get the study permit first, then later your spouse can apply to come join you.

2. You can do joint application, which means both can go at the same time.

In my situation, the only possible way for me is to do a joint application as I can't leave without my wife.

So for those that have gone through this process, what is the best option you advice especially as it concerns applicants coming from Nigeria who usually have a high visa application scrutiny and high denial rates?

Also I will like to ask if it is possible that my co-sponsor (father) can also act as a sponsor for my spouse since I will be doing a joint application?

Please I will be glad to get suggestions and feedback on these issues I raised.

Thank you very much.

Hello AkeemTy,

From my vantage point, the best is for you to apply together. It’s faster, alittle cheaper and less stressful and most times comes with an approval but it’s very demanding.

I read your profile above and it’s fantastic that there is no accompanying children which makes it alittle better.

My advice; Make sure you have full tuition and 1st year living expenses for you and your wife in you account. (14k cad) + full tuition.

Make sure your sponsor is a direct family member, your dad like you said is fantastic. Make him write a committing Sponsorship letter and Afidavit.

Make sure you submit your business papers and try to hype your business in your SOP.

Make sure you add your personal asset to your application.

Make sure you let the VO know the provision you made on who will handle your business on your behalf before you Come back.

Once you are granted, they will definitely grant your wife as well. Western world take marriage or family seriously and they don’t want to put separation because they know the consequences of the law they created themselves.

Finally, like sillysassysally will say, you need to sit down and write a badging SOP if truly you really mean your wife should be with you. I love your courage and I pray it works out well.

In your wife’s application, she doesn’t have much to say. Her SOA is an option in the application, marriage certificate, photos and her SOP stating why she’s following you and the importance of she being with you but don’t ever mention that you guys haven’t given birth in the application. That’s all she needs. It doesn’t matter if she’s working or not.

But if you can’t do the above, submit your application, once you get an approval then apply for her but it’s a 50 50 stuff.

Nevertheless, you can visit the spouse open work permit thread SOWP for more information.

https://www.nairaland.com/2271485/canada-spouse-open-work-permit

Pls apply early.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by AkeemTy(m): 8:08am On Jul 01, 2019
Thank you so much. Will definitely give this a consideration.
guzenaira:

Hello AkeemTy,

From my vantage point, the best is for you to apply together. It’s faster, alittle cheaper and less stressful and most times comes with an approval but it’s very demanding.

I read your profile above and it’s fantastic that there is no accompanying children which makes it alittle better.

My advice; Make sure you have full tuition and 1st year living expenses for you and your wife in you account. (14k cad) + full tuition.

Make sure your sponsor is a direct family member, your dad like you said is fantastic. Make him write a committing Sponsorship letter and Afidavit.

Make sure you submit your business papers and try to hype your business in your SOP.

Make sure you let the VO know the provision you made on who will handle your business on your behalf before you Come back.

Once you are granted, they will definitely grant your wife as well. Western world take marriage or family seriously and they don’t want to put separation because they know the consequences of the law they created themselves.

Finally, like sillysassysally will say, you need to sit down and write a badging SOP if truly you really mean your wife should be with you. I love your courage and I pray it works out well.

In your wife’s application, she doesn’t have much to say. Her SOA is an option in the application, marriage certificate, photos and her SOP stating why she’s following you and the importance of she being with you but don’t ever mention that you guys haven’t given birth in the application. That’s all she needs. It doesn’t matter if she’s working or not.

But if you can’t do the above, submit your application, once you get an approval then apply for her but it’s a 50 50 stuff.

Nevertheless, you can visit the spouse open work permit thread SOWP for more information.

Pls apply early.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Akpesman: 8:31am On Jul 01, 2019
When did u apply and did u submit upfront Medical?

hadigun:
Please what does this means? I just linked my application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Schonebaby: 8:37am On Jul 01, 2019
guzenaira:

Hello AkeemTy,

Pls apply early.
Excellent advice sir. I'll also like to add, for your wife's spousal open work permit application, employability is a crucial factor. Pls endeavour to prove that she is working: reference letters, Id, employment letter. Payslips, everything you can add.
Also, make sure she has funds in her account too no matter how small. Don't put all the money in your account.
Last, hometie is very important, cos all of u are moving. A property or business can work for that. You can value it if you can.
Add everything you can think of o..... less is not more for CIC o
God will do it. Pardon my typos, I rushed to type this

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Mudicua: 9:19am On Jul 01, 2019
Congratulations to you @richcasey!!

richcasey:
Very Long Post Alert

"It's outrageous you had to go through that, did you record it on video so you could report them?" was what my fiancee asked me over a call at 20:47 hrs on Tuesday 11 June, 2019.

Thanks to God Almighty for the gift of life
@Thesoj it's my time now bro.
Thank you everyone here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by jaybaby2017: 9:22am On Jul 01, 2019
Hello e-family, I just want to tell us that @Evankc post is so true.

I got my medical call on the 13th of May 2019.

Bio-metrics re-validation mail on the 23rd of May 2019.

Approval and passport returned on the 27th of June.

When I looked at my visa, it was actually stamped in Nairobi on the 23rd of May.

We really need to be truthful in our application.

Evankc:
This advice is for everyone..

Nigerians hope you are aware of what have be going on now even the news is everywhere that 70 percent of Nigerians are submitting Fake documents especially Account Statements . Because of that the Canada immigration as set up a body secretly to ensure there is proper security background check especially in Nigeria and which is the main reason most passport that where sumited for stamp as of April till now as been delay, taken more longer than before just to stamp..

This is what they do now. Once you applied for visa and your application will still go through the normal process and after they have finalize your applications including your documents and if your applications meet the requirement you will be granted approve and ask to sumit your passport for stamp .

Once you sumit your passport for stamp it will be process and the Nigeria immigration here will now do there own local 2nd background check which require more authentic verification on your sumited documents. Contacting your banks including sponsore bank brach head office to confirm if your statement of account that you sumited is legit and other documents as well even to the extend they do ask bank to contact the sponsoreship if truly he or she is the one that stand for you as a sponsore. With all this proper 2nd background check it take them time as they check every documents you sumited and this is done locally within Nigeria not Kenya or Canada so be ready..

After all the proper check up then if they found out you sumit a counterfeit bank statements or fake document. Then they will mail you directly from Lagos immigration officer that you submitted a counterfeit bank statements and give you 10 days or more to defend. So don't think you can scope them because they have done there re-search properly before they contact you to defend it : As for the penalty is 5 years banned or more with red flag .. also it will affect your visa profile and difficult to enter top countries that share the same data base with them like , US, Australia, UK and more of them ....

Please if you are applying through agent that they do grant people Canada visa approve and charge you high .. there is no shortcuts neither the agent is a brother of Canada president ooo. Don't allow the agent to spoil your visa reputation because they don't have anything to lose its you that will face the penalty oo and still lose your money you paid for account package or sponsorship package ...

Canada is not heaven that you must die there , so if you know you are not fianacially strong and you have no good sponsoreship and you tried and no way , you can still try other countries that relate to your purpose of visit... maybe as a step stone

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by dandanborito(m): 9:23am On Jul 01, 2019
[quote author=Phatkings post=79809646][/quote]

Hello @phatkings I don't know how direct messages work here. And don't know if I one can drop email address. Let's talk more.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Phatkings: 9:36am On Jul 01, 2019
dandanborito:

Hello @phatkings I don't know how direct messages work here. And don't know if I one can drop email address. Let's talk more.
Just sent u an email like a message
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Mudicua: 10:20am On Jul 01, 2019
@richcasey please I sent you an email... Kindly respond abeg.
Thank you.

richcasey:
Very Long Post Alert

"It's outrageous you had to go through that, did you record it on video so you could report them?" was what my fiancee asked me over a call at 20:47 hrs on Tuesday 11 June, 2019.

Thank you everyone here.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Evankc(m): 11:07am On Jul 01, 2019
jaybaby2017:
Hello e-family, I just want to tell us that @Evankc post is so true.

I got my medical call on the 13th of May 2019.

Bio-metrics re-validation mail on the 23rd of May 2019.

Approval and passport returned on the 27th of June.

When I looked at my visa, it was actually stamped in Nairobi on the 23rd of May.

We really need to be truthful in our application.

Congratulations cheesy am happy for you . I wish I can reapply but my sponsore don't have good amount in his account ...

Are you able to show over 10m in your sponsorship account ? I want to be sure if there is no hope for visa approve for people like me with poor fianacial status but good inflow and outflow but no good amount of raw cash in my sponsore account to show as proof..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by jaybaby2017: 11:09am On Jul 01, 2019
Yes. It was over 10m.

Evankc:

Congratulations cheesy am happy for you . I wish I can reapply but my sponsore don't have good amount in his account ...

Are you able to show over 10m in your sponsorship account ? I want to be sure if there is no hope for visa approve for people like me with poor fianacial status but good inflow and outflow but no good amount of raw cash in my sponsore account to show as proof..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by dandanborito(m): 11:34am On Jul 01, 2019
Phatkings:

Just sent u an email like a message

Still can't view and reply you directly. Pls mail me Danegwu56@yahoo.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 12:16pm On Jul 01, 2019
richcasey:
Very Long Post Alert

Thank you everyone here.

Congratulations bro, interesting narrative. Can you share more hints on how you showed proof of being the first son and what it means to your family business? I believe people would learn from it.

Am sending a PM.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 12:22pm On Jul 01, 2019
Bleuocean:
guys pls what is 'my bank statement ticket' and how can one request for it? is it now becoming a requirement before visa is granted?

You applied via online or paper route?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Biot34: 12:53pm On Jul 01, 2019
As the new month begins, Here are my wishes for you:
May this month keep you healthy, May you achieve all of your daily targets; May you remain happy and whole; May this month be better than all the previous months of this year! Happy New Month to you

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Biot34: 12:55pm On Jul 01, 2019
My sponsor has 430k as closing balance But there is Inflow and outflow of 70m: Can I used it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Abacino007(m): 12:56pm On Jul 01, 2019
Good afternoon house,

I don’t know if anyone can suggest a school that can offer me admission in MA Economics degree with 3.65/5.00 in Canada.
I will like to apply for fall 2020
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Evankc(m): 1:13pm On Jul 01, 2019
jaybaby2017:
Yes. It was over 10m.

That great . Enjoy your trip
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Chukwuemekatehi(m): 1:17pm On Jul 01, 2019
Happy new month to you all, its a month of goodness
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 2:03pm On Jul 01, 2019
May God remove for us every spirit of refusal or rejection. May this month bring us testimonies and joy through Christ Jesus.
Happy new month all

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Petersburg94: 2:13pm On Jul 01, 2019
Please who have an idea how much the Canadian visa process can cost? And the processing too

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 2:22pm On Jul 01, 2019
muyo2001:

Can someone please give me an answer. I beg ijn
Go to the first page you will see everything you need
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Tvickie(f): 2:39pm On Jul 01, 2019
Read through the thread from the beginning. You can then ask for clarifications if you’re confused about anything
muyo2001:

Can someone please give me an answer. I beg ijn
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by TheInvestor: 2:39pm On Jul 01, 2019
Dears , I have question regarding the below form

=>>>IMM5832E - Student visa questionaire/study permit questionaire

Does one need to complete this form if going the online route?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jul 01, 2019
TheInvestor:
Dears , I have question regarding the below form

=>>>IMM5832E - Student visa questionaire/study permit questionaire

Does one need to complete this form if going the online route?

No it is not necessary. Your choice. It's majorly for people going via paper route. During your online registration you'll have to answer some questions.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by dubajek: 3:41pm On Jul 01, 2019
Amen ooo. Happy New Month

Obehi44:
May God remove for us every spirit of refusal or rejection. May this month bring us testimonies and joy through Christ Jesus.
Happy new month all

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by benjamina96: 4:21pm On Jul 01, 2019
Hello guys.
Great job you all doing.
A friend referred me to this forum.
Here's my situation:
Dad-nigerian
mom- Ghanaian
Recent education.
Waec-nigeria
Undergraduate Diploma-South africa.
IELTS-7.5
WES-390
I have a valid ghanaian passport.
Travel history- mostly african countries.

Now, i intend applying for a Bsc program at U of regina. pls guys, is it advisable that i use my Ghanaian international PP to process my admission application and also for the Visa or should i get a nigerian passport.
note- I'd be using a 3rd party as sponsor( company acct).
I know its all complicated, pls how do i go about it...
Help a sister!

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.