Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (89) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1020924 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 7:50am On Jul 02, 2019
MsJu:
I just got informed that my application is being processed in Paris. Abeg any success story from there?

MsJu:
9th/10th May. Got medical request on 15th May.

This is a great news for the fact that you applied on 9th May and got a medical request 5 days later shows that the Paris Immigration office will be very compassionate in issuing study visas. Last year study permit applications were handled by several Immigration office. First, it was Accra that was in charge of applications and was later moved to London, Dubai, Turkey and Lagos before it finally landed to Kenya until now.

Applicants that were refused of their visas by Kenya, I think this would be the best time to utilize this golden opportunity by reapplying for your visas.

I wish you the very best in your application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by MsJu: 8:02am On Jul 02, 2019
Thanks Frank. Yesterday they responded to the mail I sent on Saturday that the team responsible are still processing it. I am hopeful.
Frankrobbn1:

This is a great news for the fact that you applied on 9th May and got a medical request 5 days later shows that the Paris Immigration office will be very compassionate in issuing study visas. Last year study permit applications were handled by several Immigration office. First, it was Accra that was in charge of applications and was later moved to London, Dubai, Turkey and Lagos before it finally landed to Kenya until now.

Applicants that were refused of their visas by Kenya, I think this would be the best time to utilize this golden opportunity by reapplying for your visas.

I wish you the very best in your application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 8:27am On Jul 02, 2019
judisco2019:
Hello guys,

I just got my refusal letter now.

I applied on June 7th and did biometric on 10th.

Got BVL on 27th and refusal on 28th.

I have OND and HND in Electrical/Electronics Engineering and I got admission for a one year certificate Program in Truck and Transport Service Technician in NBCC.

The reason why I wanted to do the program is because I have been working as a Logistics personnel for over 9 years. As a logistics person, I was involved with managing fleets and trucks for the distribution of products across the country. Part of the problems we encounter is incessant truck break downs and ending up at the hands of bad truck mechanics. I then choose the program to learn more about truck repairs. I stated all that in my SOP.

The refusal letter I got reads thus:

Dear JUDE CHIBUIKE KANU,

Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit
application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet
the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and
Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of
residence.
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can
demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be
accompanied by a new processing fee.

Documents that I submitted:
CID Documents
Sponsor's statement of account with closing balance of 8million (My sponsor is my friend) We intend to co-own a logistics company on my return
My statement of account with closing balance of 5million
My Admission Letter
My deposit receipt of 500CAD screenshot
My SOP
My land agreement
My pension with balance of 2m
My parents and siblings birth cert
Police clearance
Sponsor international passport and affidavit of sponsorship and Date of birth
CV
Study Leave from my company
Employment Letter from my company
Employment confirmation letter
Employment recommendation letter from my previous company
Affidavit of Return
2 CAC business name registration

I am 30 years old.

My programs starts on September, I want to re-apply but I want the gurus to look at my profile and advice.

I have also ordered for my CGSM Note.

Kindly advice guys.

I regret to hear your application was refused. I want to use this medium to quickly point out the main reasons why your study visa application was rejected. First, you're 30 years of age with 9 years study gaps and claimed to have been in gainful employment for over the years and can't show adequate funds for your planned studies in Canada rather you're using a family friend who is not blood related to sponsor your application..... This is a red flag. At this age, the visa officer is looking out for you to be self-sponsored considering your vast work experience. Again, work on your SOP that will state your genuine intention of going to Canada and would return after studies, the lucrativeness of the program in Nigeria upon your return, if it's financially rewarding that can offest the cost and investment made in the program. Etc. Furthermore, include adequate ties that can motivate your return home after studies. Ties can be your immediate family, assets and study leave letter.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by TheInvestor: 8:43am On Jul 02, 2019
Hello Guys,

Thanks for the previous replies, I have another question.

1. My wife is the main applicant
2. I will be accompanying her (we are planning a joint application)
3. I am also the sole sponsor.
4. I have enough money in fixed deposit to cater for ==> the tuition + 10,000 CAD + 4000 CAD

What do you guys think about this scenario ? Any advice/suggestion ?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by benjamina96: 9:01am On Jul 02, 2019
Thanks alot for the response.
I presently work with the company, and the owner intends sponsoring my Edu.
Mudicua:
Hmmmm... this case sha... cheesy cheesy cheesy

Please I do not know many things oooo.
So please look at my suggestions objectively. These are just suggestions and what i think and not any experience I have had.

First of all which passport did you use for your undergraduate diploma program? If it is Ghanaian, i will suggest you stick with it. Cos CIC is very thorough with background check as well as travel history.
Again there is no harm in showcasing your dual citizenship. It is allowed in Nigerian and i am guessing Ghana as well. And I think CIC also allows for such information (if you are a citizen of other countries).
As for sponsorship, a company account is a thin thread. (why would a company want to sponsor you). I would rather you use your parents as sponsors or uncle. Not a company.

Best of luck.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Greatg0809: 9:07am On Jul 02, 2019
Mr frank pls I sent u a pm.pls chk sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by benjamina96: 9:08am On Jul 02, 2019
Ok, thanks.
Just that i have already strtd with the nigerian passport application & its due to be collected for friday.
is it advisable to submit both passport for the application?
mcobex:
Use your Ghanaian passport, but feel free to state where your dad is from
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by judisco2019: 9:39am On Jul 02, 2019
Thanks for your response boss.

Meanwhile I have another thing that is bothering me.

The course that I applied for is a certificate course, not even a PGD or PGC. But I need the training to be grounded in truck repairs and management. Considering my age and experience, is a certificate program like that a red flag or should I look for a pgc or PGD program in Logistics and supply chain before reapplying. Also note that I continued my education while I was working. That is to say that I got my HND while I was working. Also can I send the SOP I used for your kind perusal? I used those things you mentioned as home ties as well.
Frankrobbn1:

I regret to hear your application was refused. I want to use this medium to quickly point out the main reasons why your study visa application was rejected. First, you're 30 years of age with 9 years study gaps and claimed to have been in gainful employment for over the years and can't show adequate funds for your planned studies in Canada rather you're using a family friend who is not blood related to sponsor your application..... This is a red flag. At this age, the visa officer is looking out for you to be self-sponsored considering your vast work experience. Again, work on your SOP that will state your genuine intention of going to Canada and would return after studies, the lucrativeness of the program in Nigeria upon your return, if it's financially rewarding that can offest the cost and investment made in the program. Etc. Furthermore, include adequate ties that can motivate your return home after studies. Ties can be your immediate family, assets and study leave letter.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by pierre92(m): 10:10am On Jul 02, 2019
Good morning. I kindly need the input of the house on a certain issue: My friend who is a pharmacist got into a Graduate certificate program in Global business management starting in January. What are the chances of getting a visa with this program? Should she fire ahead with the visa process?

Cc frankrobbn1
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 10:19am On Jul 02, 2019
bukonlami:
Hello Good People

Is it advisable or ok to change schools after a Visa refusal if it is going to increase one's chance of approval.

There is no problem changing a DLI so long as you're trying to address the concerns raised by the visa officer in your previous application which could be due to program of study or level of education.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 10:21am On Jul 02, 2019
pierre92:
Good morning. I kindly need the input of the house on a certain issue: My friend who is a pharmacist got into a Graduate certificate program in Global business management starting in January. What are the chances of getting a visa with this program? Should she fire ahead with the visa process?

Cc frankrobbn1

Is Global business management related to pharmaceutical line? From my point of view, I don't see any logical progression between his intended program and his current employment status as a pharmacist. As a consequence, his application is at risk of being questioned by the visa officer based on his purpose of visit to Canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Vesment: 10:29am On Jul 02, 2019
why does nigeria have the longest study visa processing time gaan? even ghana is 5 weeks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by abelorode: 10:32am On Jul 02, 2019
Good Morning all. Has anyone able to collect statement of account of recent for TRV purpose? Access bank just informed me their new policy is to send the SOA to the Canadian embassy themselves. Not sure if this applies to all bank.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 10:43am On Jul 02, 2019
mizfancy:
Good afternoon, I'm new on this thread, I'm a graduate of business administration, I want to go to fashion school in Canada, I need assistance from gurus in the house

I know about 5 applicants who applied for their visas with a fashion school acceptance letter and were all rejected based on their purpose of visit. I'll advise you save your time, effort and money and apply for a business administration program in a college or university to show an academic progression.

My advice!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 10:45am On Jul 02, 2019
abelorode:
Good Morning all. Has anyone able to collect statement of account of recent for TRV purpose? Access bank just informed me their new policy is to send the SOA to the Canadian embassy themselves. Not sure if this applies to all bank.

A family friend of mine collected his bank statement last week Thursday to be precise for TRV purpose and he wasnt informed about this new development. You can check with Access bank head office in your local area to be very sure.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Stonecoldsteve: 10:47am On Jul 02, 2019
And so I had an 8 am class this morning (I am a lecturer) and after the class by past 10 am, I get to the office and see a 'Do not Reply' mail for CIC. I log into my account and behold, it's a passport request.

Application type: Re-application
Application Date: 5th of June 2019
Medical passed: 13th June, 2019
Eligibility Review: 25th June 2019
BVL: 28th June 2019
Passport Request: 2nd July 2019

Will be back with the details. Let me roll on the floor first!

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by abelorode: 10:51am On Jul 02, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

A family friend of mine collected his bank statement last week Thursday to be precise for TRV purpose and he wasnt informed about this new development. You can check with Access bank head office in your local area to be very sure.

Sure I have to. I was thinking this has to do with the recent fake SOA issue.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 11:11am On Jul 02, 2019
Tvickie:
Read through the thread from the beginning. You can then ask for clarifications if you’re confused about anything

Any update on your application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 11:16am On Jul 02, 2019
benjamina96:
Ok, thanks.
Just that i have already strtd with the nigerian passport application & its due to be collected for friday.
is it advisable to submit both passport for the application?
Paper route or online? If paper route submit your Ghanaian passport and data page of your Nigerian own, if online submit copies of both passports (data page and pages of any stamped visa in them

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Tvickie(f): 11:18am On Jul 02, 2019
I’m still on background and eligibility review since last month.
Medical passed 28th of June
JustMellow:

Any update on your application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Oluwaloseyi66: 11:23am On Jul 02, 2019
Stonecoldsteve:
And so I had an 8 am class this morning (I am a lecturer) and after the class by past 10 am, I get to the office and see a 'Do not Reply' mail for CIC. I log into my account and behold, it's a passport request.

Congratulations it will end in praise for us all !!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 11:24am On Jul 02, 2019
Vesment:
why does nigeria have the longest study visa processing time gaan? even ghana is 5 weeks
Because some few Nigerians who should have no business going to Canada keep using fake documents all because they want to travel by force. The more they keep doing this the harder it will get for applicants applying from Nigeria. I remember a time when once you pay your tuition you are guaranteed TRV but now even people with full funding from schools still get denied. So so sad

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 11:30am On Jul 02, 2019
Austinpee4:
Greetings people! I see a lot has been happening and the thread is still very much serving it's purpose!

Here's wishing everyone in various and different stages the very best! To all the old and new members contributing and helping out, more grace to you! Your effort will never be forgotten.

@Frankrobbn1,@mcobex and other long time serving gurus,i see your guys! Massive respect for your relentless effort till now! Again, i wish everyone well.

Cheers guys!

Welcome back the Superior himself.... I remain humble! Thanks for the words of encouragement. We acknowledge your presence here today! I am happy to see the Old-time guru's of this thread coming back.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 11:32am On Jul 02, 2019
mcobex:
Welcome back ORACLE, bro I barely come here due to my schedule but I must commend @Frankrobbn1 cos even due he also have a tight schedule he still finds time to not only come here but goes very far in assisting. Will WhatsApp you later Boss

@mcobex, You're deep-rooted and committed to the process. Thanks for the kinds words and also your time and contributions here.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 11:36am On Jul 02, 2019
Stonecoldsteve:

Big congratulations.

As part of the excitement, just dash your students 5 marks each cheesy

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 11:38am On Jul 02, 2019
Tvickie:
I’m still on background and eligibility review since last month.
Medical passed 28th of June

Congratulations in advance, was it medical on request?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Anamekele: 11:39am On Jul 02, 2019
abelorode:
I obtain on 14 June 2019. Never experienced such. When was that?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by abelorode: 11:50am On Jul 02, 2019
Anamekele:

I obtain on 14 June 2019. Never experienced such. When was that?

Mon 1 July.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Bkoks: 11:54am On Jul 02, 2019
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Oganammuo: 11:56am On Jul 02, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

Bros, pls I've been trying to send you a mail, but couldnt. I sent a notifications, but no reply. Pls reply me, I beg you in the name of God. I have only one challenge, your advice could help me solve.
I didnt want to bother you, I tried reaching Dera, but she wasn't responding.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Paramedickelvin: 11:57am On Jul 02, 2019
Every May applicants Here,I pray we All come here and share good testimony
I Applied May 2... Just keep praying And Believe prayer change things......Happy New

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Purplestorm: 11:58am On Jul 02, 2019
Hi this submission of visa pages does it include old visas
mcobex:
Paper route or online? If paper route submit your Ghanaian passport and data page of your Nigerian own, if online submit copies of both passports (data page and pages of any stamped visa in them

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.