Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (93) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1020994 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Bella25(f): 1:11pm On Jul 03, 2019
Mofpearl:

I have now received an update on my CIC account that my application has been approved alongside a passport request letter. I am hoping this means that there won't be any secondary background checks because I am planning to travel and will require my passport.

Thank you to everyone who has supported me through the way especially justmellow and tvickie.

Application timeline[/b

Submitted a paper application on the 23rd of April
Eligibility and background began a week after. I didn't know how to use the CIC website at that time so I don't know the exact dates.
Medical request on the 21st of May
Medical passed on 4th of June
BVL on 1st of July
Application approved and passport request on 3rd of July.

[b]Documents submitted

Academic Qualification
1. Offer Letter from Dalhousie University, Halifax Nova Scotia
2. Nova Scotia Graduate Scholarship Letter from Dalhousie University
3. Copy of result from the University
4. Letter of Degree Completion from the Universityr
5. High School (IGCSE and A levels) Results

Proof of Financial Support
1. Letter of sponsorship from Father
2. Maximum approximated costs of study based on Dalhousie’s recommendations
3. Account Statement of sponsor from bank
4. Proof of Investment from sponsor
5. Sponsor’s Letter of employment with a monthly salary included
6. Receipt of Deposit fee paid to Dalhousie University

Other documents
1. Completed and signed IMM1294 and IMM 5070
2. 2 passport photos
3. Police Clearance Certificate
4. Police Clearance Certificate of sponsor
5. Copy of National Identity Card for the country of residence
6. Sponsor’s copy of National Identity Card for the country of residence
7. Copy of all pages of official Nigerian passports (current and previous)
8. Copy of sponsor’s biographical page of current official Nigerian passport
9. Copy of Birth Certificate
10. Study Plan Letter
11. Letter of participation in a research project as an Undergraduate Researcher (added this because the program involves research)
12. One-month research internship certificate

Congratulations...

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Green4(m): 1:15pm On Jul 03, 2019
chichi93:
Hello please I applied for sowp alongside with my husband's study visa application via paper route but we have only been able to link his application online, tried linking mine but can't see anything. Please is this normal? Or is it because I am the secondary applicant?

Please you can direct your question to sowp Canadian thread for more information, thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Shadypoza01: 1:33pm On Jul 03, 2019
Nice, and congrats to u �

Mudicua:
That amount is the passport processing fee you are required to pay. However it is meant for those who did not do their biometrics with VFS.

I got to find this out when I went to submit my passport.
The VFS people were shocked my application was July 2018. I did not take the slip to show I did biometrics there... cos I did not even remember where I kept it. They insisted I have to pay the fee, but I insisted I need to see the manager, and then I explained to the manager, though initially he was forming busy and not wanting to help, I kept insisting I did my biometrics there and to find a way to check.
While we were going back and forth on the matter, I no gree oooo cheesy cheesy cheesy
He said something about if i got a notification from them to check it. Then I remembered I got, and had to check my email... and thankfully I saw the email from VFS. I wrote out the number and gave to him, and that was how I ended up not paying the fee for passport processing.

For those yet to get PPR, when submitting passport after your PPR request, please do not forget to take the biometrics slips given when you do biometrics.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 1:38pm On Jul 03, 2019
Micmay1:
Thanks for your anticipated assistance @mcobex
In the meantime, I'm considering of securing another admission (graduate diploma) perhaps my previous visa rejection was prompted by lack of educational progression.
Please, what's your view?
Yes you stand a good chance if there's progression between your previous and intended courses. Also you will explain why you opt for graduate diploma instead of masters in the field (you can easily get so many reasons for that).
Another thing is this, since your company is the one sponsoring you it will be nice if you go for something related to your current job specification (vos know people can switch career), but you have to explain why the switch (you can tell the vo your passion and the fact you have been performing greatly in your newly found career interest made you to want to further in that line, also your company saw that in you that's why they are willing to spend that much to get you better trained in that field.
NB: Whatever choice you make(from the above two) will work but your SOP will have to be structured to fit the choice you pick. If it your company that is sponsoring you then stick to a course that's related to your present job but if it is not your company then you can either go with something relating to your current job (by telling them your passion for it made you want to switch) or go with something relating to your previous study(and tell them you missed it and want to go back to it)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 1:42pm On Jul 03, 2019
Mofpearl:
Passport request letter just dropped. After all the waiting!!
Congratulations. Please give us the gist. I tap into your blessings. Mine will come too IJN

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by oriazowan: 1:46pm On Jul 03, 2019
If you applied for winter 2020, then you ll get a response latest by first week of August.
Bella25:

Hello good afternoon...please how long will it takes before UNBC can grant someone admission? It’s been a month now and haven’t heard from them about my admission status

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by oriazowan: 1:47pm On Jul 03, 2019
Congratulations
Mofpearl:

I have now received an update on my CIC account that my application has been approved alongside a passport request letter. I am hoping this means that there won't be any secondary background checks because I am planning to travel and will require my passport.

Thank you to everyone who has supported me through the way especially justmellow and tvickie.

Application timeline

Eligibility and background began a week after. I didn't know how to use the CIC website at that time so I don't know the exact dates.
BVL on 1st of July

Documents submitted

Academic Qualification

Other documents
2. 2 passport photos
10. Study Plan Letter
11. Letter of participation in a research project as an Undergraduate Researcher (added this because the program involves research)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Bella25(f): 1:53pm On Jul 03, 2019
oriazowan:
If you applied for winter 2020, then you ll get a response latest by first week of August.

Thanks for the reply..yes it’s for winter 2020
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by yemupz(m): 2:03pm On Jul 03, 2019
I have not posted here in a very long time. I got frustrated about this whole Canada visa thing and was trying to focus my energy on other things.
But finally, after almost 12months of waiting, approval notice and passport request just dropped.

I know I must come declare here and thank the good people here for all the assistance ad information I received during the long wait. I cannot mention names, but thanks to everyone here for the good work you do. The good Lord shall bless us all with approval notice and passport request smiley

Timeline:
upfront medicals in July 2018
Online application - August 03, 2018
Biometric request - September 04, 2018
Submitted Biometric in Lagos - September 05, 2018
Medicals passed - November 23, 2018 - after several emails
Eligibility review started - May 2, 2019 (after I applied for my GCMS notes and several emails)

Approval notice and passport request - July 01, 2019

I'll have to check the documents I submitted and maybe update later.

Best wishes to everyone!

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Oganammuo: 2:07pm On Jul 03, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

Alright. Check your mail, I just responded.

I just checked my mail, but didn't see any response from you. I just sent you another notification. I look forward to seeing your response, thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by abusmanlouis: 2:07pm On Jul 03, 2019
yemupz:

I have not posted here in a very long time. I got frustrated about this whole Canada visa thing and was trying to focus my energy on other things.
But finally, after almost 12months of waiting, approval notice and passport request just dropped.

I know I must come declare here and thank the good people here for all the assistance ad information I received during the long wait. I cannot mention names, but thanks to everyone here for the good work you do. The good Lord shall bless us all with approval notice and passport request smiley

Timeline:
Eligibility review started - May 2, 2019 (after I applied for my GCMS notes and several emails)

Best wishes to everyone!
Congratulation. The wait worth it.
Thank you Jesus Christ

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Oganammuo: 2:33pm On Jul 03, 2019
yemupz:

Timeline:

Best wishes to everyone!

Wow! Big congratulations to you bro.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by AyoPrudence(m): 2:45pm On Jul 03, 2019
The long wait is over, and God has finally come through in your application. Congratulations yemupz
yemupz:

Timeline:

Best wishes to everyone!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jul 03, 2019
chichi93:
Hello please I applied for sowp alongside with my husband's study visa application via paper route but we have only been able to link his application online, tried linking mine but can't see anything. Please is this normal? Or is it because I am the secondary applicant?

When did you apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Micmay1(f): 3:00pm On Jul 03, 2019
You just wowed me with your guru way of analyzing Application issues. Please, can I have your email contact for strict guidance on my Re-Application?
mcobex:
Yes you stand a good chance if there's progression between your previous and intended courses. Also you will explain why you opt for graduate diploma instead of masters in the field (you can easily get so many reasons for that).
Another thing is this, since your company is the one sponsoring you it will be nice if you go for something related to your current job specification (vos know people can switch career), but you have to explain why the switch (you can tell the vo your passion and the fact you have been performing greatly in your newly found career interest made you to want to further in that line, also your company saw that in you that's why they are willing to spend that much to get you better trained in that field.
NB: Whatever choice you make(from the above two) will work but your SOP will have to be structured to fit the choice you pick. If it your company that is sponsoring you then stick to a course that's related to your present job but if it is not your company then you can either go with something relating to your current job (by telling them your passion for it made you want to switch) or go with something relating to your previous study(and tell them you missed it and want to go back to it)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 3:14pm On Jul 03, 2019
Micmay1:
You just wowed me with your guru way of analyzing Application issues. Please, can I have your email contact for strict guidance on my Re-Application?
Pm me, but I will only have time from second week of this month

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by KenduMan: 3:23pm On Jul 03, 2019
Congrats
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by judecares1(m): 3:40pm On Jul 03, 2019
accountant

Qudkom:

What is your occupation?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by KenduMan: 3:42pm On Jul 03, 2019
Mofpearl:
Passport request letter just dropped. After all the waiting!!

Hi Boss, congratulations and I'm so happy for you
Please how can I reach your contact maybe on WhatsApp because I am also a prospective student at Dalhousie University for Fall intakes as well and I'm
just waiting for approval now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Tvickie(f): 4:02pm On Jul 03, 2019
congratulations babygirl!!!!
Mofpearl:

Application timeline

BVL on 1st of July

Documents submitted

Academic Qualification

Other documents
2. 2 passport photos
10. Study Plan Letter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 4:54pm On Jul 03, 2019
judecares1:
accountant

So I need you to explain the relationship between accountancy and the supposed refugee seminar. I think you and I both know there isn't a link. A VO will most likely view it as a desperate attempt to immigrate to Canada via the tourist/visit visa.

Applicant: Accountant
Purpose of Visit To attend seminar on refugee....

There isn't any correlation bro.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by benjamina96: 5:03pm On Jul 03, 2019
Bella25:

Thanks for the reply..yes it’s for winter 2020
Hello.
pls which course did u apply for?
UG Degree/ Msc

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by chromatic: 6:01pm On Jul 03, 2019
Hi guys, I forgot to add my acceptance fee receipt to my visa application. Is there a way I can add it via web form or something?.Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sterlingwaterlo: 6:03pm On Jul 03, 2019
Good afternoon boss,

My sponsor (my mom) have 3 account which is 2 fixed account and one savings account (dad is late)

In the fixed account they have 4million which will be accessable this month on the 19th, then second fixed will be accessable september and they have 2million there.

The third one which is the normal savings account contains 245,000naira closing balance. He needs lets say 18000cad cos he has paid first term tuition.

Do i need a co sponsor?

Also i have a step brother. L my step bro has a wife and four kids. Should i use him as co sponsor. Then how should the co sponsor letter look like. How much should the co sponsor say he will be sending to me? Can my mom say that she will be responsible for my tuition while my step bro will be responsible for my living expenses.

I am going for a pgd in Conestoga college. I have paid my first semester tuition
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 6:05pm On Jul 03, 2019
chromatic:
Hi guys, I forgot to add my acceptance fee receipt to my visa application. Is there a way I can add it via web form or something?.Thanks.
Your letter of acceptance most likely shows proof of payment. No need to bother yourself.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 7:33pm On Jul 03, 2019
sterlingwaterlo:
Good afternoon boss,

My sponsor (my mom) have 3 account which is 2 fixed account and one savings account (dad is late)

In the fixed account they have 4million which will be accessable this month on the 19th, then second fixed will be accessable september and they have 2million there.

The third one which is the normal savings account contains 245,000naira closing balance. He needs lets say 18000cad cos he has paid first term tuition.

Do i need a co sponsor?

Also i have a step brother. L my step bro has a wife and four kids. Should i use him as co sponsor. Then how should the co sponsor letter look like. How much should the co sponsor say he will be sending to me? Can my mom say that she will be responsible for my tuition while my step bro will be responsible for my living expenses.

I am going for a pgd in Conestoga college. I have paid my first semester tuition
My advice,
Use all your mums accounts as sponsor, if she can get a way to increase the normal savings account to a million or more then fine. Now let that your brother send all the money in his account to your own account(not at once oh). But this depends on if you have a study gap and working. This days the VO looks more in your own account, so they won't say insufficient funds. Now use your mother, brother and his family as home ties + plus other home ties you can get like properties that are in your own name, either inherited or so.
In all of these, please make sure you explain every move you make in your LOE.
I am only trying to help so that you avoid some refusal reasons.
1. If you get the study progression, program correlation and career linking together, then you have saved yourself to a large some "purpose of visit"
2. Let your sponsor be a direct relative just as you are using your mum so. Good.
3. Your own account need to make sense, just as your assets must by sweet and have purpose of making or raising money for your skol. Here you will be saved of "personal assets and financial status"
4. Lastly, your home ties, your mum, siblings and your property or business. Explain them in your LOE what they mean to you and why you must come back. Here you saved yourself of "home ties"
Like someone use to say here, "a banging SOP/LOE" that when you read it yourself, you see reasons to stamp your passport yourself.
My little sense of advice, please accept it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sashaa(f): 7:41pm On Jul 03, 2019
Please can someone help confirm if anything changed from the time of the submission of my application?

Can't quite recall how it showed before.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sterlingwaterlo: 7:46pm On Jul 03, 2019
Obehi44:

My advice,
Use all your mums accounts as sponsor, if she can get a way to increase the normal savings account to a million or more then fine. Now let that your brother send all the money in his account to your own account(not at once oh). But this depends on if you have a study gap and working. This days the VO looks more in your own account, so they won't say insufficient funds. Now use your mother, brother and his family as home ties + plus other home ties you can get like properties that are in your own name, either inherited or so.
In all of these, please make sure you explain every move you make in your LOE.
I am only trying to help so that you avoid some refusal reasons.
1. If you get the study progression, program correlation and career linking together, then you have saved yourself to a large some "purpose of visit"
2. Let your sponsor be a direct relative just as you are using your mum so. Good.
3. Your own account need to make sense, just as your assets must by sweet and have purpose of making or raising money for your skol. Here you will be saved of "personal assets and financial status"
4. Lastly, your home ties, your mum, siblings and your property or business. Explain them in your LOE what they mean to you and why you must come back. Here you saved yourself of "home ties"
Like someone use to say here, "a banging SOP/LOE" that when you read it yourself, you see reasons to stamp your passport yourself.
My little sense of advice, please accept it.
thanks so much. I just finished my nysc this june
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by godsong(f): 8:27pm On Jul 03, 2019
Qudkom:

Your letter of acceptance most likely shows proof of payment. No need to bother yourself.
not all acceptance letter show proof of payment.. if the applicant’s acceptance letter does not indicate.. he or she should send via web form.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jul 03, 2019
Been thinking and want to ask, am on study permit. Can my kids apply for stude permit (they are school age) without my spouse applying for sowp? This is really important, so.if u know, pls let me know. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 03, 2019
sashaa:
Please can someone help confirm if anything changed from the time of the submission of my application?

Can't quite recall how it showed before.

Your application is currently in eligibility check. If you're very fortunate you would get medical request soon if you pass it.

Just be very prayerful and be hopeful.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Higherground1: 9:03pm On Jul 03, 2019
Hello,

Anyone in University of Arkansas at Little Rock here. A friend needs your advice...

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.