Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,697 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (104) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1445811 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by luvlaja80: 5:27pm On Sep 29, 2019
hello all..happy Sunday.. pls I want to ask can my sponsor scanned all his documents from uk to me and send it through my mail...or must he send it over by DHL... thank u
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by luvlaja80: 5:28pm On Sep 29, 2019
and I also ask earlier can I change from self service to assisted service so they can scan my documents for me at d visa centre.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 6:49pm On Sep 29, 2019
Yes he can scan it clearly to you
luvlaja80:
hello all..happy Sunday.. pls I want to ask can my sponsor scanned all his documents from uk to me and send it through my mail...or must he send it over by DHL... thank u
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 9:57pm On Sep 29, 2019
Mopping:
Good evening, I am new here and I need your help and advice.

I am a 3rd undergraduate student going for IT (SIWES) very soon and I will like to do it in the UK. My uncle owns a company and is ready to allow me work at his company. I am planning on going in on a tourist visa as against work visa due to the long process involved.

Do I need to wait till it is holiday time to go or can I request for a 6 months visa and do I need a letter from my school stating that I am a student of the school.

This is illegal and your uncle can not employ you legally to work in his company. If you are caught you will be deported and your uncle will be fined £20,000.

Just in case you don't know..you can not work or study with tourist visa or even rent a house even if your uncle is Boris Johnson

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Oskyworld(m): 10:15pm On Sep 29, 2019
giselle237:
If you want free appointment you can get it.. just dont select any time with any symbols or time of 8am these ones are not free.
You are seeing super priority because you clicked on super priority. Make sure super priority is not clicked oga
Then for document upload simply login from the email u were sent after payment and you would get to the place where you see amend appointment, track, upload... click upload ... and upload urself u are not to pay
Pls use a desktop for ease.

Thanks so much for the support, I really appreciate.
However, when I chose the self service and chose the appointment date 8th Oct, all the time got a symbol beside them and you said I shouldn't chose 8am and anytime with symbol as they are not free.. Only 28th/29th Oct 3:30pm has no symbol and its too far considering 15workjng days as I need to be in UK by mid Nov. What should I do?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Mopping: 10:20pm On Sep 29, 2019
I think I need to rephrase the questions I posted and deleted earlier.

I am starting my SIWES this month and I will be interested in doing it in the UK. My sponor is a citizen and owns a company. We are looking at the best possible way to get a visa into the UK.

Please, what is the best type of visa to apply for and how soon can I get started with it. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oluayebenz: 11:00pm On Sep 29, 2019
emily111:
Good morning house, please I want to confirm if the UK still stamp this for refusal.

Not anymore

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Oskyworld(m): 11:08pm On Sep 29, 2019
giselle237:
If you want free appointment you can get it.. just dont select any time with any symbols or time of 8am these ones are not free.
You are seeing super priority because you clicked on super priority. Make sure super priority is not clicked oga
Then for document upload simply login from the email u were sent after payment and you would get to the place where you see amend appointment, track, upload... click upload ... and upload urself u are not to pay
Pls use a desktop for ease.

Please help with my question above. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 4:41am On Sep 30, 2019
Keep refreshing... earlier appointment dates will free up and then you grab it..
Oskyworld:

Thanks so much for the support, I really appreciate.
However, when I chose the self service and chose the appointment date 8th Oct, all the time got a symbol beside them and you said I shouldn't chose 8am and anytime with symbol as they are not free.. Only 28th/29th Oct 3:30pm has no symbol and its too far considering 15workjng days as I need to be in UK by mid Nov. What should I do?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by swaggzflow(m): 10:53am On Sep 30, 2019
Hi Guys,

I don't know if this has come up on the thread before, but please permit me to explain my situation and seek advice.

1. A little background: I am genuinely in a two year long distance relationship with a friend. She is 25, working in the UK, earning twenty seven thousand pounds per annum while I am 28 also working; the plan is to eventually get married. I am currently working in an Oil and Gas company, and my salary was 130k gross per month (113k net after taxes) up until two months ago, specifically August, where it was increased to 365k gross monthly (300k net after taxes and co. ). My bank statement reflects this salary increase, together with a letter of salary increment.

2. Now here's where I need your suggestions and advice; I haven't been consciously saving with my previous salary, I have no dependent and I still stay with my parents. However, my closing balance may show my most recent salary which was paid on the 27th of September, if i was to apply. Against this backdrop, a friend advised against using her as a sponsor (because according to him, it will increase he likelihood that i may abscond) and thus I have chosen to use my mum as the sponsor of my Trip. Her account balance reads a little over 3M. When i was requested to state a reason, I said it is because she will be fulfilling her promise of sponsoring a two weeks vacation as a result of my excellent performance in my postgraduate programme ( I finished with a distinction, in 2015).

3. My annual leave is approved for the 23rd of Nov to 21st of Dec (I have gotten a letter from my employer to that effect) and I hope to spend two weeks in the UK, with an opportunity to spend the most of it with her. She has been back to Nigeria in the past to see me, most recently March and I want to return the favour this time around. She doesn't mind being a sponsor but a friend advised against it. I intend to apply by the end of this week. Please what do you advice, Is the reason for my mum sponsoring me enough? should I use her instead?. Not sure I'd be able to save up for it before the year runs out.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 11:31am On Sep 30, 2019
With your salary increment you stand a better chance to get the visa than to apply and state your mum or your friend as sponsor.You are a working adult and should be able to fund your trip.
My advice postpone your plans of travel now since you dont have the funds, you will end up rushing to apply and then when a refusal comes you would wish you never went there.

Save up in the next 5 to 6 months and you could apply and state how you always wanted a vacation because of your hectic job and now that your salary has been increased you would be able to afford it. Maybe by that time you would have over 1million in your account.
You can even reduce your monthly expenses as you have said to a bare minimum and then write in your cover letter that you dont spend much on yourself as your mom is the main breadwinner of the family for which she takes care of your needs

you are also single. you can then state that your mother had also promised you a trip for excellent performance in your PG and so even if you were to run out of funds, you have her money as back up.

Also in addition to your cover letter you attach a written confirmation from her that financially she is 100% open to support your trip if you want, her bank statement and formal confirmation that she would be in Nigeria during the period of your travel and so you cant abandon your mother or your father to go and live in the UK

Also state how you cant abandon such a now better paying job to go and live illegally in the uk to be begging for menial jobs

Have you and this your girlfriend met before? If you intend to visit her, if I were you I would not mention the relationship. If I were the one applying for now I would state that she is my closest/best friend and bring up receipts of our pictures together, chats, video calls and voice calls to satisfy the proof of friendship

The way I seee your mum helping you if u still want to add your mum u can state that she wud be contributing to your flight ticket or ur hotel bill not the two and certainly not funding the whole trip. And then towards the time of your application have her transfer the money to ur account not cash deposit. The amount shud be the same amount u write in ur application form as cost for the trip for that particular item

swaggzflow:
Hi Guys,

I don't know if this has come up on the thread before, but please permit me to explain my situation and seek advice.

1. A little background: I am genuinely in a two year long distance relationship with a friend. She is 25, working in the UK, earning twenty seven thousand pounds per annum while I am 28 also working; the plan is to eventually get married. I am currently working in an Oil and Gas company, and my salary was 130k gross per month (113k net after taxes) up until two months ago, specifically August, where it was increased to 365k gross monthly (300k net after taxes and co. ). My bank statement reflects this salary increase, together with a letter of salary increment.

2. Now here's where I need your suggestions and advice; I haven't been consciously saving with my previous salary, I have no dependent and I still stay with my parents. However, my closing balance may show my most recent salary which was paid on the 27th of September, if i was to apply. Against this backdrop, a friend advised against using her as a sponsor (because according to him, it will increase he likelihood that i may abscond) and thus I have chosen to use my mum as the sponsor of my Trip. Her account balance reads a little over 3M. When i was requested to state a reason, I said it is because she will be fulfilling her promise of sponsoring a two weeks vacation as a result of my excellent performance in my postgraduate programme ( I finished with a distinction, in 2015).

3. My annual leave is approved for the 23rd of Nov to 21st of Dec (I have gotten a letter from my employer to that effect) and I hope to spend two weeks in the UK, with an opportunity to spend the most of it with her. She has been back to Nigeria in the past to see me, most recently March and I want to return the favour this time around. She doesn't mind being a sponsor but a friend advised against it. I intend to apply by the end of this week. Please what do you advice, Is the reason for my mum sponsoring me enough? should I use her instead?. Not sure I'd be able to save up for it before the year runs out.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Green4(m): 11:43am On Sep 30, 2019
justwise:

This is illegal and your uncle can not employ you legally to work in his company. If you are caught you will be deported and your uncle will be fined £20,000.

Just in case you don't know..you can not work or study with tourist visa or even rent a house even if your uncle is Boris Johnson

Uk and there problems, everything is illegal
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by swaggzflow(m): 12:13pm On Sep 30, 2019
giselle237:
With your salary increment you stand a better chance to get the visa than to apply and state your mum or your friend as sponsor.You are a working adult and should be able to fund your trip.
My advice postpone your plans of travel now since you dont have the funds, you will end up rushing to apply and then when a refusal comes you would wish you never went there.

Save up in the next 5 to 6 months and you could apply and state how you always wanted a vacation because of your hectic job and now that your salary has been increased you would be able to afford it. Maybe by that time you would have over 1million in your account.
You can even reduce your monthly expenses as you have said to a bare minimum and then write in your cover letter that you dont spend much on yourself as your mom is the main breadwinner of the family for which she takes care of your needs

you are also single. you can then state that your mother had also promised you a trip for excellent performance in your PG and so even if you were to run out of funds, you have her money as back up.

Also in addition to your cover letter you attach a written confirmation from her that financially she is 100% open to support your trip if you want, her bank statement and formal confirmation that she would be in Nigeria during the period of your travel and so you cant abandon your mother or your father to go and live in the UK

Also state how you cant abandon such a now better paying job to go and live illegally in the uk to be begging for menial jobs

Have you and this your girlfriend met before? If you intend to visit her, if I were you I would not mention the relationship. If I were the one applying for now I would state that she is my closest/best friend and bring up receipts of our pictures together, chats, video calls and voice calls to satisfy the proof of friendship

The way I seee your mum helping you if u still want to add your mum u can state that she wud be contributing to your flight ticket or ur hotel bill not the two and certainly not funding the whole trip. And then towards the time of your application have her transfer the money to ur account not cash deposit. The amount shud be the same amount u write in ur application form as cost for the trip for that particular item

Hi Giselle237,
Thanks for your comprehensive response and I appreciate the time taken to attend to every point I have raised. At this point, I'd put my plans on hold and wait until the end of October where I must have built up my account balance, using this month and next to save up to 500k. I'd shorten the trip to a week, and as you have rightly advised, exclude any details of my relationship from the application, use my mum's account to fund part of the trip (specifically have her transfer the money for the flight into my account accompanied with a letter of confirmation from her), and emphasise on a better paying job in my cover letter. Finally, I and my girlfriend have met before; she was back last year Nov and most recently, March of this year.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 12:35pm On Sep 30, 2019
500k before your trip in your account is small. Visa officer needs to also see that you have enough to fall back on when you return home even if your parents are providing for all your needs.

My dear take your time to run your account and have sufficient funds left in it. You would smile in the end.
swaggzflow:

Hi Giselle237,
Thanks for your comprehensive response and I appreciate the time taken to attend to every point I have raised. At this point, I'd put my plans on hold and wait until the end of October where I must have built up my account balance, using this month and next to save up to 500k. I'd shorten the trip to a week, and as you have rightly advised, exclude any details of my relationship from the application, use my mum's account to fund part of the trip (specifically have her transfer the money for the flight into my account accompanied with a letter of confirmation from her), and emphasise on a better paying job in my cover letter. Finally, I and my girlfriend have met before; she was back last year Nov and most recently, March of this year.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by swaggzflow(m): 12:42pm On Sep 30, 2019
giselle237:
500k before your trip in your account is small. Visa officer needs to also see that you have enough to fall back on when you return home even if your parents are providing for all your needs.

My dear take your time to run your account and have sufficient funds left in it. You would smile in the end.

Alright,thanks. Your advice is duly noted.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 2:53pm On Sep 30, 2019
See my own:-
Biometric :- 15th July
Concluded Email :- 29th July
Request to submit passport :- 6th Sept
Passport Submitted:- 26th Sept
Concluded Email (2nd time) :- 30th Sept

no mail for collection from TLS till now

rman:

Mine:

Biometric: 8th August
Decision was made on 27th August.

Passport still with them till date!

Have I done something wrong?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 2:57pm On Sep 30, 2019
dewale1234:

Please do.
I did mine same day with you and i got my passport (visa) around June 20th

Hello boss, kindly respond to my pm.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by seyewest(m): 3:15pm On Sep 30, 2019
Good day Everyone,
I have a question, I have more than 100 pages of bank statement, my question is will I have to scan and upload every page of the bank statement or I can upload the PDF copy of the bank statement since I'm going through self service route.
Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Abekebabe: 7:08pm On Sep 30, 2019
Mopping:
I think I need to rephrase the questions I posted and deleted earlier.

I am starting my SIWES this month and I will be interested in doing it in the UK. My sponor is a citizen and owns a company. We are looking at the best possible way to get a visa into the UK.

Please, what is the best type of visa to apply for and how soon can I get started with it. Thanks
if your siwes is one year , apply for UK tier5, let that employer send u certificate of sponsorship (cos) and apply . for more information, check UK visa website
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Abekebabe: 7:14pm On Sep 30, 2019
giselle237:

really appreciate your contribution to this thread, please I have an uncle who wish to visit UK but he's a business man without CAC certificate, no tax clearance certificate . please which documents does he needs to use to apply
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ijeshaoflondon: 7:45pm On Sep 30, 2019
bikram6100:
See my own:-
Biometric :- 15th July
Concluded Email :- 29th July
Request to submit passport :- 6th Sept
Passport Submitted:- 26th Sept
Concluded Email (2nd time) :- 30th Sept

no mail for collection from TLS till now

Add another 10 days .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by okposm: 7:56pm On Sep 30, 2019
Another success story. Thanks to Justwise and all the gurus in the house. I picked my visa today 6 months.
Biometrics September 5
Application transfered to DMC september 5
Applicaction concluded September 27
Pick up message from TLS September 30.

Once again thanks to Justwise and the other gurus

5 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by tmoneyluvsu: 8:03pm On Sep 30, 2019
What can I do about this?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Suuz: 8:06pm On Sep 30, 2019
okposm:
Another success story. Thanks to Justwise and all the gurus in the house. I picked my visa today 6 months.
Biometrics September 5

Congratulations!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by tmoneyluvsu: 8:14pm On Sep 30, 2019
What can I do about this

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gbanj11: 8:53pm On Sep 30, 2019
See my mates oh lol similar timeline except biometrics on 6th. Concluded since the 23rd but no pick up yet
Hopeful it drops this week angry
okposm:
Biometrics September 5

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 8:54pm On Sep 30, 2019
okposm:
Biometrics September 5

Congratulations!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 8:56pm On Sep 30, 2019
tmoneyluvsu:
What can I do about this

You have to wait for the refund then you reapply if you still need to make the trip
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 10:25pm On Sep 30, 2019
Sometime earlier in the thread someone said their mum applied and declared her employment as side business bcus she didn’t have cac certificate and all. She is a petty trader or so. The applicant also attached invoices and i think pictures of the shop she owns in the market and other property to establish home ties.. so pls read through the thread for the other documents he will be needing
Abekebabe:
really appreciate your contribution to this thread, please I have an uncle who wish to visit UK but he's a business man without CAC certificate, no tax clearance certificate . please which documents does he needs to use to apply

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: zind and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.