Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,272 members, 7,829,599 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (123) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1451667 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 9:42pm On Oct 20, 2019
You dont need to pay extra after visa fees if u dont want to.
Keep refreshing the appointment pages, earlier dates always free up as people’s travel plans change.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Vicas2000: 8:18am On Oct 21, 2019
Justblow:

Not having any form of prove of address is not very good, aside visa application, in general, there is suppose to be a paper evidence showing they are actually paying for there accommodation.

Get your dad to see the landlord, it cost nothing to get a rent receipt booklet and update there monthly or yearly rent payment by writing him a receipt.

And I hope his bank statement address is same with the house address.

Thanks for this. Will ensure reciept are collected for the future. For older rent payments that we don't have the reciept, can a letter from the landlord suffice?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by onyexx: 9:28am On Oct 21, 2019
giselle237:
You dont need to pay extra after visa fees if u dont want to.
Keep refreshing the appointment pages, earlier dates always free up as people’s travel plans change.

Ok thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Justblow: 12:15pm On Oct 21, 2019
Vicas2000:

Thanks for this. Will ensure reciept are collected for the future. For older rent payments that we don't have the reciept, can a letter from the landlord suffice?

A letter stating why he has not been issuing receipt?... Hmm... Not very good.

Let him get a receipt booklet and write date and years of the rent he has received na, and sign... This is to me better than letter..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 3:40pm On Oct 21, 2019
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by luvlaja80: 3:46pm On Oct 21, 2019
hello house ....pls how can I track my visa application. which site should I go check
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by KaBabs1: 4:37pm On Oct 21, 2019

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Seynex01: 4:43pm On Oct 21, 2019
luvlaja80:
hello house ....pls how can I track my visa application. which site should I go check
Go to your email from where ur application was submitted or a mail was sent......
click on application ....
it will direct u to TLS from there,
click on biometric,and
click on tracking
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by edmasta01: 5:04pm On Oct 21, 2019
QUESTION: I am helping a family member apply for a visa and to show proof of address i advise he submit rent reciept and PHSCN prepaid meter reciept of loading credit on his meter.

However, I discovered that the meter receipt for his house is not in the name of the landlord.

Note: He only has rent reciept for this year only.

This means that his most recent rent receipt with the name of his landlord for this year will not correlate with the name of the owner on the meter. Can someone advise what to do about this please. Thanks.

Please help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Justblow: 6:03pm On Oct 21, 2019
KaBabs1:
Hello everyone. I have been admitted to a UK school and the resumption date is 13th January. If I apply for visa by or before the end of the month, can I book, appear for an interview and get a response in time to resume my program in January, say I'm granted the visa?

giselle237
Justblow

Now is the best time to apply...... You should beat the Jan 13th timeline if u apply this month or by the end.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by KaBabs1: 7:48pm On Oct 21, 2019
Justblow:

Now is the best time to apply...... You should beat the Jan 13th timeline if u apply this month or by the end.

Thank you. I'll do as adviced.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sulis: 7:49pm On Oct 21, 2019
Good evening guys, this is my first time here and I need your help. I have applied for UK twice and I was refused on these terms;
1)the financial and personal circumstances as declared by you on your application 2)your passport and travel history 3)your family circumstances and the supporting documents you provided. I was in level 400 in university then as at 2017. But now I want to apply and I’m employed and earn 60,000 as monthly salary, I also have a side job where by I sell clothes and I make up to 40k monthly. My uncle wants to invite me, please I want to know what documents I need to submit. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by OntopAlways: 9:17pm On Oct 21, 2019
Did they send you a mail for pick-up or you just went there? Am looking at the 1-day timeline for pick up after dispatch.
larade16:
Hi house, been a silent reader for a long time. Want to thank everyone who has been contributing to this great forum. I got my first UK visa today. I applied twice last year and was denied.

Timeline
Submitted application online 7th oct 2019
Biometrics 8th oct 2019
Application received 9th oct 2019
Application concluded 15th oct 2019
Passport ready for collection 16th oct 2019
Passport picked up 18th

Documents submitted
Employment letter
Confirmation of employment letter
Introduction letter from company
Leave approval letter
6months pay slip
6months bank statement of a little above 5m
Flight reservation
Hostel reservation
Company's id card
Cover letter ( I explained transactions above my monthly expenses, my budget was £904)
Copies of my previous visas, i have a valid Schengen visa which I explained in my cover letter that i will be travel to Paris from London.

It was a Priority visa.

Thanks everyone.

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Justblow: 9:58pm On Oct 21, 2019
Sulis:
Good evening guys, this is my first time here and I need your help. I have applied for UK twice and I was refused on these terms;
1)the financial and personal circumstances as declared by you on your application 2)your passport and travel history 3)your family circumstances and the supporting documents you provided. I was in level 400 in university then as at 2017. But now I want to apply and I’m employed and earn 60,000 as monthly salary, I also have a side job where by I sell clothes and I make up to 40k monthly. My uncle wants to invite me, please I want to know what documents I need to submit. Thank you

60 + 40 = 100....... No ME deduction yet.

The question is can u get a flight ticket for 200k to the UK? I doubt it...

Only way.... Except ur uncle is all out to sponsor..... But E go hard small, cause as a grown man, with a job, u should be able to afford your own holiday....dat is ECO talk though.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Justblow: 10:05pm On Oct 21, 2019
[quote author=edmasta01 post=83339620]QUESTION: I am helping a family member apply for a visa and to show proof of address i advise he submit rent reciept and PHSCN prepaid meter reciept of loading credit on his meter.

However, I discovered that the meter receipt for his house is not in the name of the landlord.

This means that his most recent rent receipt with the name of his landlord for this year will not correlate with the name of the owner on the meter. Can someone advise what to do about this please. Thanks.

Please help.

[/quo

Write a letter addressing this, don't write this in the cover letter, make it a stand alone statement addressing the issue.

Prepaid meters are sometimes acquired by tenants not landlord. And enter it in your checklist as letter addressing prove of address.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by larade16(f): 10:33pm On Oct 21, 2019
OntopAlways:
Did they send you a mail for pick-up or you just went there? Am looking at the 1-day timeline for pick up after dispatch.
yes, i got a pick up mail a day after i got conclusion mail
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Candybright: 10:39pm On Oct 21, 2019
Must there be proof of rent or ownership of your own house? I didn't put any cry
Is only Nepa bill ok? For house owner? House documents not ready yet.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sulis: 11:49pm On Oct 21, 2019
Justblow:

60 + 40 = 100....... No ME deduction yet.

The question is can u get a flight ticket for 200k to the UK? I doubt it...

Only way.... Except ur uncle is all out to sponsor..... But E go hard small, cause as a grown man, with a job, u should be able to afford your own holiday....dat is ECO talk though.

Hi good evening, I’m actually a lady. But if I can get a sponsor what documents do I need so as not to get denied again?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Mashaunola: 2:10am On Oct 22, 2019
Please what are the chances of a person earning 150k after tax get a UK tourist visa without sponsorship, the person has about N1.9m bank bal and such person does not have any traveling experience. all other factors are favorable.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Justblow: 3:22am On Oct 22, 2019
Sulis:

Hi good evening, I’m actually a lady. But if I can get a sponsor what documents do I need so as not to get denied again?

Take your time to explore this thread...... Case like yours have been treated here, start reading from page 40, you will get answers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Justblow: 3:24am On Oct 22, 2019
Mashaunola:
Please what are the chances of a person earning 150k after tax get a UK tourist visa without sponsorship, the person has about N1.9m bank bal and such person does not have any traveling experience. all other factors are favorable.

NO sponsor... No invite..... 150k.....ko le work.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 5:16am On Oct 22, 2019
Use only the tenancy receipt and tenancy agreement that has d address then
edmasta01:
QUESTION: I am helping a family member apply for a visa and to show proof of address i advise he submit rent reciept and PHSCN prepaid meter reciept of loading credit on his meter.

Please help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Eddy4400: 6:19am On Oct 22, 2019
My sister's husband is inviting my mum who is retired to visit his family (my sis and their children). Any need for my sis to also sign the invitation letter since her husband is the one inviting her? Also stating that he'll cover the full cost of her trip and estimating this at £3000 for her one month stay.

I'm using her husband's bank statement alone which is sufficient, as she just started working. Uploading their marriage certificate to show evidence that he's my mum's son-in-law and my sister's birth certificate to show relationship with my mum. Pls is this OK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 7:04am On Oct 22, 2019
Include pictures where sister, mother and husband appear together too
Eddy4400:
My sister's husband is inviting my mum who is retired to visit his family (my sis and their children). Any need for my sis to also sign the invitation letter since her husband is the one inviting her? Also stating that he'll cover the full cost of her trip and estimating this at £3000 for her one month stay.

I'm using her husband's bank statement alone which is sufficient, as she just started working. Uploading their marriage certificate to show evidence that he's my mum's son-in-law and my sister's birth certificate to show relationship with my mum. Pls is this OK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Eddy4400: 7:53am On Oct 22, 2019
giselle237:
Include pictures where sister, mother and husband appear together too
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sulis: 9:42am On Oct 22, 2019
Good morning house, please what’s the site for uk application, I tried using visa4uk.fco.gov.uk for visit visa, but it’s not bringing out some options. What other site is available for the application. Thank you.

And if I don’t want someone to invite me what other way can I use to visit the UK
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Juliansamuel: 10:49am On Oct 22, 2019
Hello everyone. I have a very. Important question.

Why is it that when a family apply for UK visa, some will be concluded and ready for collection while other family member will still be waiting for concluded email and collection email?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Justblow: 12:14pm On Oct 22, 2019
Sulis:
Good morning house, please what’s the site for uk application, I tried using visa4uk.fco.gov.uk for visit visa, but it’s not bringing out some options. What other site is available for the application. Thank you.

And if I don’t want someone to invite me what other way can I use to visit the UK

https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa/apply

Visit as a tourist....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 12:44pm On Oct 22, 2019
In everything you are doing be honest, the application of the past might or might not come to haunt her but she must remain honest in all.
She can apply for 2 years visa if she wants to.
Just satisfy the visa officer. Thats the most important.

All documents MUST be uploaded. No physical documents are going to be collected.
Eddy4400:
Thanks for replying. Will this be uploaded or carried along with supporting docs? An agent filled the last one, so I can't remember the process. The agent also didn't state that my mum had relatives at the time for her 2016 visa. I invited her for my graduation then, while my sister was on a visiting visa at the time to see her husband who's a citizen. I hope this won't raise brows, any need to explain?

Also noticed she's eligible for 2yrs, 5yrs and 10yrs visit visa, but with varied cost. Is it wise to choose 2years and pay 473USD or we should just stick to 6months @124USD?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by donbuchi1(m): 1:28pm On Oct 22, 2019
luvlaja80:

1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by tshoboy(m): 1:45pm On Oct 22, 2019
Juliansamuel:
Hello everyone. I have a very. Important question.

Why is it that when a family apply for UK visa, some will be concluded and ready for collection while other family member will still be waiting for concluded email and collection email?

Not all the time. It’s possible the applications are handled by different ECOs. I think TLS says on their website that family members should use Flexi appointment if they want their application to be treated together. I did that for my family and we all got our responses at the same time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (770)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.