Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,490 members, 7,830,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (125) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1452049 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 7:15pm On Oct 23, 2019
Hacuttie:
I was rejected UK visa in July and I am applying again with my wife. Our budget is 2200GBP my question is how to state our budget in the application. Will she repeat my budget in her application or we should separate the budget. Forgive my ignorance, this is the first time I am doing it myself. I need input from experience forum members @justwise kindly help.

Yes she has to do that as long as the budget is for both of you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by DMainMan: 7:27pm On Oct 23, 2019
SELF SERVICE

@ MadameW, steel101 and all,

Please I need to know the following if you used the self service in your respective visa application:

1. Under ''Residency' what documents should one upload.
2. Do we need to bring visa application form and document cheklist to the visa application centre
if one opted for self service.
3. Do we need to upload visa application form and document checklist in the online portal? Under what document
category should one upload it.
4. If I am to upload them, do I need to append my signature in the document checklist? It states that one should not sign
until the appointment date.

Thank you.

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 7:42pm On Oct 23, 2019
dotun4real:
Good evening my people,I will like to share my refusal letter to u guys and I need advise cos I really need to contest it, I only have 5 large deposit in my account which was adequately explained in d cover letter and the deposit are the loans from my company,sales of my shares,and my upfront which have all explained and attach prove ,I wonder the basis of the letter,pls I need advise

The ECO acknowledged your cover letter but feels that you did not submit enough supporting evidence to explain the source of those fund.

You were also refused because your budgeted expenditure is well over 3months of your disposable income
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dotun4real: 7:44pm On Oct 23, 2019
justwise:

The ECO acknowledged your cover letter but feels that you did not submit enough supporting evidence to explain the source of those fund.

You were also refused because your budgeted expenditure is well over 3months of your disposable income

I actually backed everything up with documents,and I also stated that I will be using the proceed of the investment for the trip
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Justblow: 9:34pm On Oct 23, 2019
dotun4real:

I actually backed everything up with documents,and I also stated that I will be using the proceed of the investment for the trip

Don't think about contesting at all, you over twice your salary for the trip..

Give it time, let ur circumstances change and try reducing your ME. in your next application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Candybright: 10:11pm On Oct 23, 2019
DMainMan:
SELF SERVICE

@ MadameW, steel101 and all,

Please I need to know the following if you used the self service in your respective visa application:

1. Under ''Residency' what documents should one upload.
2. Do we need to bring visa application form and document cheklist to the visa application centre
if one opted for self service.
3. Do we need to upload visa application form and document checklist in the online portal? Under what document
category should one upload it.
4. If I am to upload them, do I need to append my signature in the document checklist? It states that one should not sign
until the appointment date.

Thank you.

Thanks.

1) Nothing
2) just the first page of your checklist
3) No, you already submitted it and they have all that info
I hope I'm right.

Meanwhile I asked if a business person here has applied for visa without Tax clearance and was approved nobody answered me cry isnor good ooo.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Misstoffee: 11:18pm On Oct 23, 2019
Hello,
This is my exact situation, same biometric day and I also got the conclusion mail on October 4th.
Please, were you able to get any information on this?
I called them and was asked to wait for 15 working days to get a response.

Damask:
Good day EVERYBODY,
I hope you are having a beautiful weekend.

Please, how do I contact Visit UK because they have failed to transfer my application to TLS contact.

My timeline:
Biometric and transfer to Decision Making Centre on Sept. 19.

Mail Conclusion: October 4

Contacted TLS contact and also Tracked to know that it has not been dispatched back to TLS.

Please, how do I contact UK Decision Making Centre?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kkman(m): 4:32am On Oct 24, 2019
Same situation: Got concluded email on 9th October. I have been waiting for an email from TLS. I dont know where to channel this issue to.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by fadex56: 6:30am On Oct 24, 2019
Hello, I will like to ask from the house what did they attend to people that want to pick up their passport at the Ikeja submission center. Can one walk in there anytime to pick up his or her passport?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ebunstic(f): 7:12am On Oct 24, 2019
A business person can apply for visa without tax clearance and still obtain visa. My husband runs his business and recently got his visa without any tax documentation. Only certificate of incorporation, CAC documentation, Company profile/Introduction letter in company letter head, ID card, invoices, bank statement.

Candybright:

1) Nothing
2) just the first page of your checklist
3) No, you already submitted it and they have all that info
I hope I'm right.

Meanwhile I asked if a business person here has applied for visa without Tax clearance and was approved nobody answered me cry isnor good ooo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ebunstic(f): 7:14am On Oct 24, 2019
You can visit the TLS anytime from 10am.

fadex56:
Hello, I will like to ask from the house what did they attend to people that want to pick up their passport at the Ikeja submission center. Can one walk in there anytime to pick up his or her passport?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Juliansamuel: 9:28am On Oct 24, 2019
Pls house, I still wanna ask. Why is it that when a family of like 2 or 3 apply especially family with kids sometimes their passports don't come out d same time? mind you, they did walk in, meaning they did biometrics same time.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Juliansamuel: 9:29am On Oct 24, 2019
Juliansamuel:
Pls house, I still wanna ask. Why is it that when a family of like 2 or 3 apply especially family with kids sometimes their passports don't come out d same time? mind you, they did walk in, meaning they did biometrics same time.

Who ever has this experience should Pls let me know the outcome. Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Suuz: 9:51am On Oct 24, 2019
Juliansamuel:

[/b]That’s because each application was treated individually and not as a family, therefore, each application went to different eco and each eco has his own pace of working, hence the difference in decision making time. [b]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 11:56am On Oct 24, 2019
[quote author=tswft post=83374112]Good evening guys , I’ve just picked up my passport today and I was denied ..

Thank you for your letter attached with my passport . I have a question to ask about my application. I can prove that the large amount of 500,000 naira in my account have been there for a long time saved up from my clothing business and other deposits aside from the ones from PsychCare Foundation (80,000)and Ezesco farms 60,000( Ezesco Farms Belongs to my father , I work with him weekends as supervisor, he is old now can’t walk 5 hectares of land ) other deposits were from sales of clothing items.

I can show proof of a roofed house sitting on the land in my name. I submitted the survey in my application

The reason i added 168,000 is the addition of 60,000 and 80,000.. I have spent money on my trips to South Africa , Kenya , Rwanda , and Ghana .. does it mean I can’t apply for an all expense paid trip ?

I live in Osun state , printed my bank statement before leaving .. paid for transportation , visa and hotel because I went a day earlier all from my zenith bank account ..

Do you guys think I should go for a priority visa ?
The company that invited me is ready to reimburse me for the first application but I will be responsible for the other one ..

Good morning guys , I’ve been in contact with the company , the CEO wants to contact the home on my behalf again I’m thinking of getting a proof from the bank that the funds have been in a fixed deposit for over a year
Add my agreement with the lawyer for my land I bought 500k 2016
Approved plan for the house on the land
Show that other deposits were from sales of clothing items I bought from my trips to Kenya and South Africa .

I had no intention of applying for a UK visa this year coz I never thought I will win the competition

Program is 17 to 23 of November .. do you guys think I should put in a priority visa ? Or wait for compensation from the company trip is worth about 2500 pounds I don’t know how much I will be paid but I’m about to be refunded on the first application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 11:57am On Oct 24, 2019
Good morning guys , I’ve been in contact with the company , the CEO wants to contact the home on my behalf again I’m thinking of getting a proof from the bank that the funds have been in a fixed deposit for over a year
Add my agreement with the lawyer for my land I bought 500k 2016
Approved plan for the house on the land
Show that other deposits were from sales of clothing items I bought from my trips to Kenya and South Africa .

I had no intention of applying for a UK visa this year coz I never thought I will win the competition

Program is 17 to 23 of November .. do you guys think I should put in a priority visa ? Or wait for compensation from the company trip is worth about 2500 pounds I don’t know how much I will be paid but I’m about to be refunded on the first application.

I currently have a low balance but I will be paid next week 140k

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Mashaunola: 1:10pm On Oct 24, 2019
Please, what are the chances of this type of applicant getting a UK Tourist Visa:

He earning 300k after-tax.
He's currently doing ICAN exams in Nigeria which his company is currently sponsoring with proof.
The person has about N1.9m bank balance and does not have any large deposits in his account
He lives with his parents in a rented apartment.
He's single
Does not have any travelling experience.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ontripp: 1:19pm On Oct 24, 2019
1. During this period, I am expected to be on industrial training. Though I have submitted a request for letter of introduction to my Registrar since October 9th, they are taking a long time to process it.

Can I apply without a letter of introduction but I intend to submit my
1. Admission letter
2. School Fees receipt
3. Course form
4. Some receipts to prove that I am still student.

2. The uncle I am talking about is my mother's sister husband. Do I need to attach a marriage certificate.

Suuz:

Is your uncle sponsoring the trip?
Is your uncle accommodating you in his house?
Is your uncle feeding you?
Are you above 18years old?

Your uncle-
Invitation letter
A copy of his British Passport data page
Utility bill
Your uncle’s birth certificate

You-
Your Birth certificate and The birth certificate of your parent that is the brother/sister to your uncle (to show how you are related to your uncle).

Letter from your school stating you are a student, the school is not in session and your school resumption date). Make sure your trip doesn’t exceed the date of school resumption.

School Admission letter(the letter you got when when you gained admission into the school)
School I.D card
Your last Sch fees receipt
Your last semester result
Anything else that shows you are a student

Your bank statement (where your family members send you pocket money monthly). Make sure you don’t forge your bank statement, they will catch you out.

A copy of your relatives passport data page or National I.D card that you have left in Naija while you travel(parents, siblings).

A copy of your rent receipt/ C of O/property deed to show where you stay in Naija- Make sure it corresponds with the address on your bank statement.

Pictures you snapped with your uncle the last time he visited Naija(make sure you don’t photoshop these pictures).

Your trip Itinerary

A well written cover letter explaining things like-
1)Introducing yourself/where you live/a student of so so so school, in so so department, in so so level. Also explain how important your education is to you( try to bond with your education, just to show ties to it and how committed you are to your education).

2) explain properly how you are related to your uncle.

3) Explain finances- like where you get pocket money to live on (parents, uncle, siblings, aunts, etc). How much you get from each person every month- (make sure this transaction shows on your bank statement, how much you spend every month on your monthly living cost).

4) List some of the tourist attractions you’ll be visiting, why you want to travel to the UK and how much fun you plan to have.

5) Explain your trip itinerary- Break down the cost of your trip, e.g- Cost of flight/what airline you’ll be using (look for a cheap airline to use).
Daily activity of tourist places you’ll be going to, how much you’ll be spending in tourist attractions(go on the internet and look for free tourist attractions in London within the same geographical location),
Cost of accommodation if your uncle won’t be housing you.
cost of feeding if your uncle won’t be feeding you
cost of transportation within London
you can put a small amount for shopping or you don’t have to shop at all- (as a student that isn’t working, you should be very prudent with money)
miscellaneous money.

These are the list of things I know you need, hopefully other people here would chip in if there’s more to be added.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nikimanni7: 3:03pm On Oct 24, 2019
1. Hello House, my son is traveling to the UK for the first time and is 16 years of age. He’s going to the Uk to stay with my friend for the Christmas and new year holidays. My brother here in Nigeria is sponsoring him and has given his bank statement of 4 million Naira to prove that. In the application they asked why my brother is sponsoring this trip and I wrote because “I his father cannot sponsor this trip at this time”, although I have a house worth 20,000,000and documents to prove(Contract of sale and property deed) that I live at my address with my son. Also the person inviting my son has offered to accommodate him and take care of his living expenses also. That is, my brother and my friend are acting as co-sponsors, but in the application I put my brother(His Uncle) as his only sponsor. Although in the invitation letter my friend sent, he attached his Uk bank statement, passport page(British Citizen), proof of accommodation and also stated that his will accommodate and take care of his living expenses. Should I not bother attaching my friends bank statements since I have mentioned my brother as his sponsor or I should leave it as a plus?

2. Also I stated the trip will cost 800k as he will be there for exactly two weeks and a day, but I put my brother will sponsor him with as much as 1 million naira. Is this bad ? NOTE: Bank statement is 4M (5 months period bank statement)

3. My brother only provided his personal bank statement and letter of declaration showing willingness to sponsor my son. Are there any other documents to add to this ?

4. Is health insurance a must ?

5. Must I attend the visa application center with my son or he can go alone or with someone else ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by EngrOloye: 3:05pm On Oct 24, 2019
Good day everyone here,someone asked a question that he made a mistake while filling his application online and he has submitted it.instead of him to write 250,000 as monthly salary he mistakenly wrote 25,000,000:00 what can he do to correct it .does it mean he will cancel the application and resubmit it or he can use biro to circle the mistake and write the exact amount and back it up with a write up.thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nikimanni7: 3:26pm On Oct 24, 2019
EngrOloye:
Good day everyone here,someone asked a question that he made a mistake while filling his application online and he has submitted it.instead of him to write 250,000 as monthly salary he mistakenly wrote 25,000,000:00 what can he do to correct it .does it mean he will cancel the application and resubmit it or he can use biro to circle the mistake and write the exact amount and back it up with a write up.thank you

You have to cancel and reapply because if you use a pen to cancel out a number, to them you have forged that document and it will contradict to what you submitted online. My advice is to cancel and get a refund then apply again. Better safe than sorry.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Safiguy4u: 4:37pm On Oct 24, 2019
EngrOloye:
Print out that particular page, strike that figure, write d correct figure and sign then scan that page along with your documents and if possible note it on you letter of explanation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by EngrOloye: 4:45pm On Oct 24, 2019
Thanks sir. So no need for him to cancel and reapply
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 5:17pm On Oct 24, 2019
Cancel the application. You cant reupload your application form as the form with salary of 25 million will go straight to the ECO. Physical documents are no longer submitted.
Cancel it as there is quite a chance of the ECO not reading his covering letter
He will definitely be refunded if he cancels before biometrics. Dont take any chances
EngrOloye:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nikimanni7: 5:38pm On Oct 24, 2019
Nikimanni7:
1. Hello House, my son is traveling to the UK for the first time and is 16 years of age. He’s going to the Uk to stay with my friend for the Christmas and new year holidays. My brother here in Nigeria is sponsoring him and has given his bank statement of 4 million Naira to prove that. In the application they asked why my brother is sponsoring this trip and I wrote because “I his father cannot sponsor this trip at this time”, although I have a house worth 20,000,000and documents to prove(Contract of sale and property deed) that I live at my address with my son. Also the person inviting my son has offered to accommodate him and take care of his living expenses also. That is, my brother and my friend are acting as co-sponsors, but in the application I put my brother(His Uncle) as his only sponsor. Although in the invitation letter my friend sent, he attached his Uk bank statement, passport page(British Citizen), proof of accommodation and also stated that his will accommodate and take care of his living expenses. Should I not bother attaching my friends bank statements since I have mentioned my brother as his sponsor or I should leave it as a plus?

2. Also I stated the trip will cost 800k as he will be there for exactly two weeks and a day, but I put my brother will sponsor him with as much as 1 million naira. Is this bad ? NOTE: Bank statement is 4M (5 months period bank statement)

3. My brother only provided his personal bank statement and letter of declaration showing willingness to sponsor my son. Are there any other documents to add to this ?

5. Must I attend the visa application center with my son or he can go alone or with someone else ?

Anyone ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Mashaunola: 5:45pm On Oct 24, 2019
Please, what are the chances of this type of applicant getting a UK Tourist Visa:

He's currently doing ICAN exams in Nigeria which his company is currently sponsoring with proof.
The person has about N1.9m bank balance and does not have any large deposits in his account
He's single
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Justblow: 5:48pm On Oct 24, 2019
Nikimanni7:

You friend is accommodating.... Your brother is sponsoring......your presentation is going to raise serious doubt. Work with just one sponsor.

Did or has the mum consent to this? , if yes, provide her consent letter.

And which ever one of the two sponsor you are using, make sure your son and this fella has at least a year prove of communication with him or her.

Good luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 6:33pm On Oct 24, 2019
This is visa application not gambling.
nobody can tell u about chances.. read the thread.. you will find common mistakes and how to avoid them.. make an application then if you choose to
Mashaunola:

He's single
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nikimanni7: 6:40pm On Oct 24, 2019
Justblow:

You friend is accommodating.... Your brother is sponsoring......your presentation is going to raise serious doubt. Work with just one sponsor.

Did or has the mum consent to this? , if yes, provide her consent letter.

And which ever one of the two sponsor you are using, make sure your son and this fella has at least a year prove of communication with him or her.

Good luck.

Okay, I will work with one sponsor, preferably my brother because I applied with his name.
I also have the my wife’s consent letter with her signature together with her drivers licence to show relationship with the child.

My brother who is sponsoring my son is here in Nigeria. Will you advice I make them take a picture together just for this reason and submit to back this up?

Thanks for the reply also ��
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Justblow: 7:21pm On Oct 24, 2019
Nikimanni7:

Okay, I will work with one sponsor, preferably my brother because I applied with his name.
I also have the my wife’s consent letter with her signature together with her drivers licence to show relationship with the child.

My brother who is sponsoring my son is here in Nigeria. Will you advice I make them take a picture together just for this reason and submit to back this up?

Thanks for the reply also ��

OH... I understand now, it's not that they both over there. Very well, your friend can invite him over, while your brother fund the trip from here.

The picture thing is perfect. Also let him and your friend have some sort of communications at least at 16, he should own a smartphone.

And don't forget his BC. is very important.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Owjs: 7:44pm On Oct 24, 2019
Good day @justwise, I need your advise, I intend to apply for 2 years UK Visa, I have travelled once with a six month issued Visa 7 years ago and reapply for 2 years which I only travelled once with it, it's been 5 years now, kindly advise if I can still apply for 2 years, I hope the long gap of 5 years won't have a negative effect if I apply for 2 years or just reapply for 6mnths. I will appreciate ur feedback. Thanks and God bless.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nikimanni7: 7:46pm On Oct 24, 2019
Justblow:

OH... I understand now, it's not that they both over there. Very well, your friend can invite him over, while your brother fund the trip from here.

The picture thing is perfect. Also let him and your friend have some sort of communications at least at 16, he should own a smartphone.

I will put everything you said into consideration and post the end results of this experience. Thanks for your prompt reply. God bless

And don't forget his BC. is very important.

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (770)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.