Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,720 members, 7,824,048 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (131) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1448772 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by missava(f): 7:17am On Oct 31, 2019
josiahese:

Be there by 8AM.
8:30 is there opening time.
[quote author=josiahese post=83613974]

Thanks very much for this.
Can you pls if this is the same opening time for PASSPORT COLLECTION too? As I am aware there are different times.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Suuz: 7:28am On Oct 31, 2019
missava:
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#990000][/color]

URGENT GUYS!
Pls when does TLS office in Ikeja OPEN FOR PASSPORT COLLECTION? I need to leave Lagos as early as possible today.
Thank you.

Passport collection starts from 10am.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by missava(f): 7:30am On Oct 31, 2019
Suuz:

Passport collection starts from 10am.
Thanks very much.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by josiahese(m): 7:54am On Oct 31, 2019
[quote author=missava post=83614310][/quote]

Passport collection starts from 10AM.
You will be emailed with the time and location for pickup when it's ready.

All the best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by missava(f): 8:05am On Oct 31, 2019
josiahese:

Passport collection starts from 10AM.
You will be emailed with the time and location for pickup when it's ready.

All the best.

Thanks. I was emailed yesterday. No specified time though.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by josiahese(m): 8:14am On Oct 31, 2019
missava:

Thanks. I was emailed yesterday. No specified time though.

Strange though.
They usually outline time for pickup in their emails for package.

Go there from 10AM with your papers. You be allowed for pickup

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by opomulero(m): 10:03am On Oct 31, 2019
No...help me out
BizBloke:

This depends on your expense breakdown for your trip - have you done any yet?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by batuta: 10:21am On Oct 31, 2019
Hello house
Please when do I scan and send documents? Is it when I am filling the online form or on the day of appointment
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by opomulero(m): 10:21am On Oct 31, 2019
Good Morning House,
Please Help me out here,
How can I budget #640k (disposable income after monthly expenses) for a couple visit to UK for 6 days (5 days is ok too)
NB: the account still have up to #1.2m, but based on salary and calculation of not more than 2x of disposable income.

Please Help a brother out.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Candybright: 11:16am On Oct 31, 2019
Please help. How do I correct mistake or send update to UK embassy. Bio metrics was done yesterday.
Where the ask how much you make in a year, I put monthly amount instead of yearly total. I just saw that in my downloaded form. What can I do? URGENT PLEASE
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Damask: 11:44am On Oct 31, 2019
[quote author=cascas post=83610434][/quote]

Ọmọ iya, still waiting ó. I have stopped bothering myself. NA dem Sabi. One thing I know be say na dia Mother dead body, they must bury am (that is to say they must return my Paali with Visa).

Cheers.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Candybright: 12:23pm On Oct 31, 2019
Please help. How do I correct mistake or send update to UK embassy. Bio metrics was done yesterday. 
Where the ask how much you make in a year, I put monthly amount instead of yearly total. I just saw that in my downloaded form. What can I do? URGENT PLEASE @justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by josiahese(m): 12:45pm On Oct 31, 2019
opomulero:
Good Morning House,
Please Help me out here,
How can I budget #640k (disposable income after monthly expenses) for a couple visit to UK for 6 days (5 days is ok too)
NB: the account still have up to #1.2m, but based on salary and calculation of not more than 2x of disposable income.

Thanks

This amount can't work out bro.
How much is flight tight for couple?
To and Fro won't cost less than 600k already.
You need a hotel , what about tourism' or feeding.
640k is 50 % of your total available find. That's a red flag too. I'm just saying.
You can give a try and hope for the best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by TechSpot: 1:03pm On Oct 31, 2019
God is good
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cascas: 1:44pm On Oct 31, 2019
Hello house,

Kindly advise, did biometrics on the 28th of Oct 2019@TSL Abuja, but till now no acknowledgment mail or text that my application has been received.

Pls is it normal? a bit worried?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by iyaaliyah: 2:01pm On Oct 31, 2019
Good afternoon. Pls who is trying to book appointment ? My booking is saying “this site says... can’t reserve appointment’ is it the server? Then is flexi an appointment I should book for self service if I don’t want to pay for any of their services. Help pls. Travel date is near and I haven’t submitted. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Candybright: 2:37pm On Oct 31, 2019
iyaaliyah:
Good afternoon. Pls who is trying to book appointment ? My booking is saying “this site says... can’t reserve appointment’ is it the server? Then is flexi an appointment I should book for self service if I don’t want to pay for any of their services. Help pls. Travel date is near and I haven’t submitted. Thanks
For flexi, you pay for your appointment. Free ones are usually white in color. I mean the background
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by opomulero(m): 3:08pm On Oct 31, 2019
josiahese:

This amount can't work out bro.
How much is flight tight for couple?
To and Fro won't cost less than 600k already.
You need a hotel , what about tourism' or feeding.
640k is 50 % of your total available find. That's a red flag too. I'm just saying.
You can give a try and hope for the best.

Thank you for the response:
but what do you think will fly 640k is like 1380 Pounds which is 2x of the disposable income.
and if to increase it to 1900 Pounds it will be equivalent to 2.75x of the disposable income

And i heard that the expenses should not be more than 2x of the disposable income
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by opomulero(m): 3:10pm On Oct 31, 2019
opomulero:
Good Morning House,
Please Help me out here,

Thanks

Please house what budget can fly for a couple for just 5 or 6 days?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by josiahese(m): 3:19pm On Oct 31, 2019
TechSpot:
I've gone to pick my passport, I got a refusal.

I stated in my application that I earn 5,000,000 naira per annum and I have monthly expenses of about 120k

I also started in the additional savings question that I have about 8M saved cos that is the available balance in my savings account which I submitted along with the application so I don't know why the refusal letter says the documents submitted doesn't demonstrate my savings.

I said I have additional income of about 1M yearly from investment in crypto currency but I didn't attach my crypto currency wallet because I didn't know how to present such investment as a document.

Kindly see the attachment image and advice me on what to do next.

I have said this before and I said it today again.
The UK does their calculation very well.
You were well qualified for the Visa but your financial ties is not.
Like the VO stated , your expenses for the trip is almost the total amount of your savings.
And two times more than your monthly salary.
It is assume that you can't spend almost your savings or about two months salary on just in trip. It' was the red flag there.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Oskyworld(m): 3:23pm On Oct 31, 2019
@Justwise and other professionals

Thanks for all you do here.

I got a UK Army invitation for assessment in December, 2019.
I have a brother in law who is a British army and British citizen who is ready to sponsor my trip, accommodate me for the assessment period of 2days but I'll be in London for 10days and he already sent 455k to my account and he write a letter to that effect and sent all necessary documents from his side.
I am self employed and own a registered biz with my wife and we make use of our personal savings account for the biz, but I instructed all payment comes to my account because I want to use the bank statement and I attached all the invoices. I own a house and have tenant, I attached the rent and my properties documents then I applied for a 10days visit visa. I have 1.1m plus in my statement of account, I receive 1.2m annually, and another 600k from rent and other sources and I attached evidence, I spend 100k monthly for myself and family (wife and a child)

I was refused because they claimed I spent 4.5x my disposable income.
Secondly, they claimed they didn't see the evidence of the money that entered my account lately, meanwhile I attached all invoices of the big money that came into my account lately and also stated it in my application under other information and again its reflecting in my account that my brother in law sent 455k to my account and I also state I will be using 450k for my trip.

Now I need to attend the assessment in December, can I reapply immediately?
1. I am not spends a dime from my pocket as the needed money is sent to my account already but guess they think I want to spend the 450k from my earning.
2. Can I reduce the amount I planned spending as I might just pay for flight alone if at all I should spend from my earning which is just 220k
3. Can I increase my monthly spending in such a way to cater for not more than 2 disposable income?

Please I need advice on this urgently.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by josiahese(m): 3:27pm On Oct 31, 2019
TechSpot:
I've gone to pick my passport, I got a refusal.

I stated in my application that I earn 5,000,000 naira per annum and I have monthly expenses of about 120k

I also started in the additional savings question that I have about 8M saved cos that is the available balance in my savings account which I submitted along with the application so I don't know why the refusal letter says the documents submitted doesn't demonstrate my savings.

I said I have additional income of about 1M yearly from investment in crypto currency but I didn't attach my crypto currency wallet because I didn't know how to present such investment as a document.

Kindly see the attachment image and advice me on what to do next.
I have said this before and I said it today again.
The UK does their calculation very well.
You were well qualified for the Visa but your financial ties is not.
Like the VO stated , your expenses for the trip is almost the total amount of your savings.
And two times more than your monthly salary.
It is assume that you can't spend almost your savings or about two months salary on just in trip. It' was the red flag there.
You said you received 5M yearly, and a monthly expenses of 120k.
Now 120k times 12months is 1.4M.
5M minus 1.4M is 3.6M.
Now you spending about 1.1k pounds which is about 500k.
How much is remaining?3M.
Now the issue was the calculation.
If you spending 500k on a trip? That money is more than the salary you take home monthly, because 500k times 12 is 6M.
So first, your monthly expenses and salary didn't work out for you. And also, there is no way you can spend 500k in UK for about 10 days.
Do your mathematics more next time.

All the best

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by josiahese(m): 3:34pm On Oct 31, 2019
Oskyworld:
@Justwise and other professionals

Thanks for all you do here.

I got a UK Army invitation for assessment in December, 2019.
I have a brother in law who is a British army and British citizen who is ready to sponsor my trip, accommodate me for the assessment period of 2days but I'll be in London for 10days and he already sent 455k to my account and he write a letter to that effect and sent all necessary documents from his side.
I am self employed and own a registered biz with my wife and we make use of our personal savings account for the biz, but I instructed all payment comes to my account because I want to use the bank statement and I attached all the invoices. I own a house and have tenant, I attached the rent and my properties documents then I applied for a 10days visit visa. I have 1.1m plus in my statement of account, I receive 1.2m annually, and another 600k from rent and other sources and I attached evidence, I spend 100k monthly for myself and family (wife and a child)

I was refused because they claimed I spent 4.5x my disposable income.
Secondly, they claimed they didn't see the evidence of the money that entered my account lately, meanwhile I attached all invoices of the big money that came into my account lately and also stated it in my application under other information and again its reflecting in my account that my brother in law sent 455k to my account and I also state I will be using 450k for my trip.

Now I need to attend the assessment in December, can I reapply immediately?
1. I am not spends a dime from my pocket as the needed money is sent to my account already but guess they think I want to spend the 450k from my earning.
2. Can I reduce the amount I planned spending as I might just pay for flight alone if at all I should spend from my earning which is just 220k
3. Can I increase my monthly spending in such a way to cater for not more than 2 disposable income?

Please I need advice on this urgently.

Thanks

The VO is not convinced you will return , you have good ties in the UK. His a citizen and in the Army.
He already shows that by sending you money and housing you when you come.
Demonstrate you have ties. Secondly, get bank receipt for all those transactions that they didn't see. Get a reference letter from your Branch addressed to them that those funds all available to you.
But however 1M for a year. That's an average of 100k monthly. And you spend 100k for your family expenses. Do you see the issue? They didn't even state that, but it's one the reasons.
Your total annual salary is equal or nearly equal to your expenses. Now you also receive about 600k as rent . This comes yearly I suppose? The VO won't wait a year until you leave the UK right? I hope you see where they sight it from?
All the best
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by opomulero(m): 3:57pm On Oct 31, 2019
hell me out house?

opomulero:
Good Morning House,
Please Help me out here,

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by josiahese(m): 4:12pm On Oct 31, 2019
opomulero:

Thank you for the response:
but what do you think will fly 640k is like 1380 Pounds which is 2x of the disposable income.
and if to increase it to 1900 Pounds it will be equivalent to 2.75x of the disposable income

And i heard that the expenses should not be more than 2x of the disposable income

Yes, that's what I said.
So you need to work it out.
Your expenses for the trip is way out of your income .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by josiahese(m): 4:15pm On Oct 31, 2019
opomulero:

hell me out house?

5 days in the UK.
Are you going to charge phone?
This is way too small for tourism' .
I don't know but that 5 days to a VO is just a bait.
With the amount you receive yearly.
Bro I'm not sure.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ozymes: 4:40pm On Oct 31, 2019
Timeline:

1. Applied and submitted for my Wife and 3 Kids on 1st October 2019.
2. Biometrics on 10th October 2019. The appointment was normal and it was all self-service.
3. Applications transferred mails to DMC 10th October 2019
4. Applications concluded 28th October 2019 mails for the 4 applications.
5. Collection mails for the 4 applications 29th October 2019
6. All granted and collected today 31st October 2019
7. Validity dates in December 2019
Note: All 4 applications seem to have been treated by the same VO.

Thank you all
Cc: justwise

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by opomulero(m): 4:41pm On Oct 31, 2019
I still dont undetrstand you please

josiahese:

5 days in the UK.
Are you going to charge phone?
This is way too small for tourism' .
I don't know but that 5 days to a VO is just a bait.
With the amount you receive yearly.
Bro I'm not sure.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cascas: 5:11pm On Oct 31, 2019
Hello house,

Kindly advise, did biometrics on the 28th of Oct 2019@TSL Abuja, but till now no acknowledgment mail or text that my application has been received.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ozymes: 5:13pm On Oct 31, 2019
Did you receive the application transferred to DMC mail?
cascas:

Hello house,

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Coolkhat: 5:15pm On Oct 31, 2019
ozymes:
Timeline:

1. Applied and submitted for my Wife and 3 Kids on 1st October 2019.
2. Biometrics on 10th October 2019. The appointment was normal and it was all self-service.
3. Applications transferred mails to DMC 10th October 2019
4. Applications concluded 28th October 2019 mails for the 4 applications.
5. Collection mails for the 4 applications 29th October 2019
6. All granted and collected today 31st October 2019
7. Validity dates in December 2019
Note: All 4 applications seem to have been treated by the same VO.

Thank you all
Cc: justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cascas: 5:53pm On Oct 31, 2019
ozymes:
Did you receive the application transferred to DMC mail?

No

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.