Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,864 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1448721 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by omoniyi289: 10:59am On Jun 21, 2019
Thanks! I have applied for priority visa. I will go for the submission and capturing on Monday, 24th June.
Please, hope a bank statement dated till 15th of June is not too old for the application? any idea?

adegoks1234:
You can apply for walk in and go for your biometrics any day you want. But if you will be going to the TLS in Ikeja, make sure you are there as early as possible. The crowd there can be out of control during these summer periods.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Modibofunjesu: 12:05pm On Jun 21, 2019
@caprimum...To get something reasonable add the ticket fare of all of you + transport while in UK + living expenses and a little extra for contigencies. I applied for my 6 years old daughter in may, had N1.9m in my account, and my budget for the 10 days trip was a N1m....she got the visa.

Note:I included an itinerary of children friendly attractions we would visit. When travelling with kids you might need to spend a little more.

Hi Justwise and other members in the house. I intend to travel to the UK with my 3 children only. Age 7, 5 and 2. I am filling my UK visa application form online and I'm confused as regards the question "How much are you planning to spend on your visit to the UK.

Below are my questions

1. Do I need to include the budgeted amount for myself and the kids in my application or Do I need to include just my personal budget since they will have their separate forms.

2. If I am including all our budgeted amount on my application form. What will be the answer of how much are you planning to spend on their separate applications.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by lovesavvi: 2:10pm On Jun 21, 2019
Yommieyomi:
Accommodation here means where you will be staying in the Uk.
It could be proof of hotel reservation or if somebody is inviting you, then full details of the invite with proof of accommodation of the person in the UK.

i upload my invitee document under travel and residency instead of accomodation section becox i dont know is supose to be under accomodation . Hope they willl see it there.thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 2:18pm On Jun 21, 2019
canalarge101:

Thanks for your response. Because I want to apply for Irish visa immediate for summer

Then go ahead and apply
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Seeyat: 2:22pm On Jun 21, 2019
Seeyat:
Hello oga @justwise and everyone on this great forum,

I'm almost set to reapply after my last refusal 2 years ago. I have booked male hostel for 10days at total of £108 in Lewisham, London, I'm trying to cut down my budget.

Now my question is, my monthly salary is 200k after tax and monthly expenses is 80k, how many months salary can i spend on this trip that will make sense?

Please guide me through.

PS: I wanted to cut down the monthly expenses as my wife is now working and we have no kids yet, but someone adviced me to stick to the monthly expenses i filled in my last application.

Please i need to be enlighten on this.

Many thanks and God bless as always

Please @justwise i would like you to share your opinion
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 2:23pm On Jun 21, 2019
adecoal:
Hello guys.

i'm posting this again for the 3rd time someone should please reply..E jor!

I've read the whole of part 3 and i can see that different people have their own unique case to present.
Please help me with mine. Biko!.

i plan to travel to the uk in September for vacation for 10 days.

My Aunt's friend whose family is based in the UK wants to give me and invitation letter . During my stay in the UK i plan to visit some friends, sightseeing and most importantly watch my favorite football team play.

My office will provide my with Letter of introduction and other important documents for the trip.
i earn a net monthly income of 183k (minus leave allowance, 13th month , clothing allowance and incentive pay for the year). i usually save up to 120k p/mi have a total of 1.1m in my salary account and 300K in my saving account.The total amount should be 1.9m or 2m by sept. Also, My mum has sent 100k to me on 4 or 5 different occasion over the past 9 months( i plan to explain this in a cover letter).

Although i do not have a written budget but i plan to spend a total of 550k on this trip ( 3 times of my monthly income). My Aunt's friend will provide me with accommodation

@justwise and other gurus Kindly advise me on what to change or improve . feel free to criticize constructively

Thanks and Regards.

This is not a question, you need to do your budget so as to know whether that 550K is too much for a short trip or too small depending on what you plan to do in the UK
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 2:27pm On Jun 21, 2019
Seeyat:
Hello oga @justwise and everyone on this great forum,

I'm almost set to reapply after my last refusal 2 years ago. I have booked male hostel for 10days at total of £108 in Lewisham, London, I'm trying to cut down my budget.

Now my question is, my monthly salary is 200k after tax and monthly expenses is 80k, how many months salary can i spend on this trip that will make sense?

Please guide me through.

PS: I wanted to cut down the monthly expenses as my wife is now working and we have no kids yet, but someone adviced me to stick to the monthly expenses i filled in my last application.

Please i need to be enlighten on this.

Many thanks and God bless as always

I skipped your post because the answer to that question has been repeated far too many times here even in almost all the refusal letters posted here.

I'm happy to help when people ask a question that shows that they have read even a page of this thread.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Yommieyomi: 2:30pm On Jun 21, 2019
No problem with that.

lovesavvi:
i upload my invitee document under travel and residency instead of accomodation section becox i dont know is supose to be under accomodation . Hope they willl see it there.thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Adeyholla: 3:04pm On Jun 21, 2019
Hi, Please who can help me with an active EEA FAMILY PERMIT THREAD.

Thanks in advance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Restricted: 4:04pm On Jun 21, 2019
oluwaahmed:

Hi bro I did mine same 16th may at ikeja and am in the same exact situation as u, pls have u gotten any update from them?

I have not gotten any update. I was at Ikeja earlier today and the guys at the gate wouldnt allow me enter cos i wasnt submitting or picking up. Moreso i submitted my application in Abuja. All they said was if my application is ready, they will update it on their website. I also called UKVI and the phone rang for 27mins and i had to end the call. I dont know if im being charged for the call or not cos nobody picked. I really dont know what to do at this point.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by OneNaija(m): 4:06pm On Jun 21, 2019
Hello all, I have two years UK visa that expired February 2020. I have six year old daughter, I want her to travel with me for Christmas holiday to UK in december. I am based in Europe and she live in Nigeria with her mother. please how can I apply for her UK visa from here? I need advice because I am confused and what documents do I need since I already had UK Visa. Thank you all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Seeyat: 4:33pm On Jun 21, 2019
justwise:

I skipped your post because the answer to that question has been repeated far too many times here even in almost all the refusal letters posted here.

I'm happy to help when people ask a question that shows that they have read even a page of this thread.

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by 101adewole(m): 5:12pm On Jun 21, 2019
I just picked up my Visa today,Thanks to everyone
101adewole:
Sure..i will definitely do just that tomorrow..So how was your?Guess good news.

5 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ucdavid111: 5:48pm On Jun 21, 2019
101adewole:

Congratulations, I received their mail today, twice that my passport and supporting documents are ready for collection. I will be there by Monday to collect my visa

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dolorsa: 6:36pm On Jun 21, 2019
101adewole:
Congrats bro. Kindly share your profile so others can learn and be guided

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dolorsa: 6:39pm On Jun 21, 2019
Ucdavid111:

Congratulations, I received their mail today, twice that my passport and supporting documents are ready for collection. I will be there by Monday to collect my visa
Yours is next. Isha Allah

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by uchetobi(f): 8:52pm On Jun 21, 2019
adegoks1234:
Hello everyone. Who has done walk-in in TLS ikeja recently? Is it true that one has to be at the centre as early as 4:30 a.m.?

What was your experience?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by FYsol: 9:08pm On Jun 21, 2019
I understand it could take longer to arrive at a decision but what I don't understand is after you emailed them and they confirm they have reached a decision yet it's been over a week. Does stamping of visa take that long? Because if it is refusal it won't take them 2 days to print out the paper and slot it in the passport.

What do you guys think? Just curious
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Hacuttie: 9:30pm On Jun 21, 2019
My brother did his bio-metrics on April 26, 2019 and yet to receive any mail from UKVI till today. He sent mail last week and they confirmed they have the application. What else can he do? It's been two months without response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by FYsol: 9:39pm On Jun 21, 2019
And they didn't say they have made a decision?

Hacuttie:
My brother did his bio-metrics on April 26, 2019 and yet to receive any mail from UKVI till today. He sent mail last week and they confirmed they have the application. What else can he do? It's been two months without response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Hacuttie: 9:47pm On Jun 21, 2019
[quote author=FYsol post=79554818]And they didn't say they have made a decision?

Nothing was mentioned concerning decision. They only confirm the application is with them.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Osemigho: 10:06pm On Jun 21, 2019
Two joint applicants for eight days trip to the UK. Applicants are in a relationship but not married.

1- Canada PR, Nigerian Citizen, and applied from Canada. A 1st-time applicant. Applied for two years UK visit visa. Submitted all evidence of employment and self-employment, including a seven-month statement of account and pay slips (closing balance over 8,000 CAD). Visa approved after ten days without priority payment. Applicant 1 mentioned applicant two in the application and submitted evidence of a relationship.

2- Nigerian citizen and applied from Nigeria. 2nd-time visit (first was over ten years ago). Submitted evidence of student registration and sponsorship (parents and 1st applicant financial documents), six-month statement of account and fixed deposit over 1million naira, pictures, chat, and email. Six-month Priority visit visa approved after three weeks. The applicant is a student. So, the applicant explained the source of the money (from the sponsors). As shown in the statement of account, the sponsors have been providing for the applicant for over six months.

It would have been hard to fake because the Lagos UK embassy called both applicants at different times to ask questions about the other and the application. This interview was after applicant one had received the visa. The questions include names of the other person parent.

Feel free to ask questions here if you need more information. On the other hand, applicants are landing in Gatwick, have reduced the trip to six days, and changed accommodation plans to a newly rented apartment. What should they prepare for? Any other advices? Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 10:15pm On Jun 21, 2019
give it time.. the despatched email will come.. some cases stay up to 3 weeks extra.
FYsol:
I understand it could take longer to arrive at a decision but what I don't understand is after you emailed them and they confirm they have reached a decision yet it's been over a week. Does stamping of visa take that long? Because if it is refusal it won't take them 2 days to print out the paper and slot it in the passport.

What do you guys think? Just curious
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by FYsol: 10:17pm On Jun 21, 2019
Thank you very much.

giselle237:
give it time.. the despatched email will come.. some cases stay up to 3 weeks extra.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Seeyat: 11:30pm On Jun 21, 2019
Hello gurus in the house,

I'm filling my UK application form and it asks "Do you have another income or any savings?"

I own a property. Do i thick Other regular income or savings?

Thanks as always
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Segunagagu(m): 12:50am On Jun 22, 2019
Hello guys.. I just got my uk Visa in Ireland..I school here...so I traveled to Liverpool for just 3 days..I am worried that my passport was not stamped at all..to and fro..my Visa was just opened and checked and I just traveled to Liverpool and came back the same way without ni stress and stamp of entry and exit..so I want to ask...is this the way it has been?... Will it affect my next visa renewal..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Osemigho: 1:16am On Jun 22, 2019
Segunagagu:
Hello guys.. I just got my uk Visa in Ireland..I school here...so I traveled to Liverpool for just 3 days..I am worried that my passport was not stamped at all..to and fro..my Visa was just opened and checked and I just traveled to Liverpool and came back the same way without ni stress and stamp of entry and exit..so I want to ask...is this the way it has been?... Will it affect my next visa renewal..

I think most countries don't stamp again except you ask for it. I had the same experience when I visited somewhere in the USA recently. However, I asked the officer why he won't stamp it and he said he can if I want it. So, I requested it and got it. I think it is just a way to conserve passport biodata page since they record entry and exit on their system.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by seyisanya(m): 2:08am On Jun 22, 2019
Thanks, Yomi!

Yommieyomi:
Add it, it cost you nothing.
you can use travelstart.com.ng

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 3:09am On Jun 22, 2019
Hello guys , Please I have been following this post and learning things and I think I am ready to apply for U.K visiting visa now ,my mum's sister has an Italian passport but she also has a PR in London so she's the one inviting me, she's even in Nigeria right now, but my problem Is that in my statement of account I have a lot of large sums deposited which I cannot explain , I am a student but I have an account statement of about 4 million Naira , will that be seen as a redflag ? please someone should be kind enough as to what to do and how to go about this application and my chances.
For travel history I have been to Italy, Kenya , Dubia twice, South Africa Twice, Ghana , Mauritius.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by tessytessy(f): 4:20am On Jun 22, 2019
Yes, that will be a red flag and could possibly lead to denial.

It is either you have concrete explanation on the N4million deposit or don't use the account at all.

saintobi009:
Hello guys , Please I have been following this post and learning things and I think I am ready to apply for U.K visiting visa now ,my mum's sister has an Italian passport but she also has a PR in London so she's the one inviting me, she's even in Nigeria right now, but my problem Is that in my statement of account I have a lot of large sums deposited which I cannot explain , I am a student but I have an account statement of about 4 million Naira , will that be seen as a redflag ? please someone should be kind enough as to what to do and how to go about this application and my chances.
For travel history I have been to Italy, Kenya , Dubia twice, South Africa Twice, Ghana , Mauritius.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by STENON(f): 5:19am On Jun 22, 2019
Hi everyone. Please am I permitted to work as a teacher in UK on tier 4 student visa? I am a registered Physics and Mathematics Teacher in Nigeria with the Teachers Registration council of Nigeria (TRCN). I have fulfilled the mandatory requirement of becoming a registered Teacher in
UK (scotland) via this link ( https://www.gtcs.org.uk/registration/qualified_uk_row-checklist.aspx ), paid and got my UK statement of comparability from UKNARIC (https://uknaric.org/) and registered with the General Teaching council for scotland (GTCS) but waiting for the final certificate from GTCS. Some people are saying I am not legally permitted to work as a teacher even with GTCS certificate because I am on student visa. Please I need your input. Thank you

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by beeveepee: 6:31am On Jun 22, 2019
101adewole:
Please help! I got a mail from TLS that my Passport is ready for collection. Unfortunately I have misplaced the Collection Slip. Please how do I proceed? Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.