Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,245 members, 7,829,447 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1451601 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by flabroy: 7:20pm On Jun 22, 2019
justwise:

I hate this here, enjoy the private chat because your next post here will not be visible.

Just tell him or her you don't want private chat, that is all

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oluwaahmed: 7:52pm On Jun 22, 2019
Restricted:

I have not gotten any update. I was at Ikeja earlier today and the guys at the gate wouldnt allow me enter cos i wasnt submitting or picking up. Moreso i submitted my application in Abuja. All they said was if my application is ready, they will update it on their website. I also called UKVI and the phone rang for 27mins and i had to end the call. I dont know if im being charged for the call or not cos nobody picked. I really dont know what to do at this point.

I called UKVI and they escalated it. Other than that no further reasonable information
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by 101adewole(m): 8:05pm On Jun 22, 2019
Wish you the very best of luck.....
Ucdavid111:

Congratulations, I received their mail today, twice that my passport and supporting documents are ready for collection. I will be there by Monday to collect my visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by 101adewole(m): 8:07pm On Jun 22, 2019
Thanks so much brother,Pls let me know what and what you want me to share..am new here
Dolorsa:
Congrats bro. Kindly share your profile so others can learn and be guided
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by 101adewole(m): 8:13pm On Jun 22, 2019
So sorry about that,But to my knowledge you can go with your passport data page and your Reference number with that they should be able to consider you...All the best
beeveepee:

Please help! I got a mail from TLS that my Passport is ready for collection. Unfortunately I have misplaced the Collection Slip. Please how do I proceed? Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by 86TG: 8:20pm On Jun 22, 2019
Thanks for the response, I mean on my wife’s form, who’s sponsoring the trip and how much would they be paying towards it? How much does she write. total trip cost for the family is £1900
justwise:

If you are sponsoring the trip then your wife is not contributing anything..so the answer is zero. Your cover letter will give all the details.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dolorsa: 8:28pm On Jun 22, 2019
101adewole:
Thanks so much brother,Pls let me know what and what you want me to share..am new here
Your budget for the trip, stated income, length of visit and any other info that can be helpful
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 8:43pm On Jun 22, 2019
86TG:
Thanks for the response, I mean on my wife’s form, who’s sponsoring the trip and how much would they be paying towards it? How much does she write. total trip cost for the family is £1900

You can state the cost of flight because that is the only thing that can be costed then your letter will explain the trip details.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by nomad26: 8:56pm On Jun 22, 2019
This thing is confusing but there's a guide at the top of the page (see image). I think property documents should go under 'accomodation temporary or permanent' while hotel accomodation under 'travel and residency documents'
miqos02:
hello house, what is the right category to upload property documents and hotel accomodation?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by 101adewole(m): 9:24pm On Jun 22, 2019
I budget 1750 pounds for the total trip,am spending 10 days,My salary 375,000 per month....I also include my landed document and a copy of my vehicle document,my present house rent receipt,wedding certificate plus different family pics.Let me know should incase you needed more info...cheers
Dolorsa:
Your budget for the trip, stated income, length of visit and any other info that can be helpful
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dolorsa: 9:27pm On Jun 22, 2019
101adewole:
I budget 1750 pounds for the total trip,am spending 10 days,My salary 375,000 per month....I also include my landed document and a copy of my vehicle document,my present house rent receipt,wedding certificate plus different family pics.Let me know should incase you needed more info...cheers
You have done well. Enjoy your trip

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by 101adewole(m): 9:29pm On Jun 22, 2019
Thank you sir
Dolorsa:
You have done well. Enjoy your trip
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by FYsol: 9:31pm On Jun 22, 2019
Have you been to the UK before?

101adewole:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by 101adewole(m): 9:35pm On Jun 22, 2019
This is my first time
FYsol:
Have you been to the UK before?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 9:45pm On Jun 22, 2019
101adewole:

That is more than 4months of your salary gone in 10days? That doesn't look good
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by 101adewole(m): 9:51pm On Jun 22, 2019
That is less than 3 months of my salary though not 4months
justwise:

That is more than 4months of your salary gone in 10days? That doesn't look good
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 10:04pm On Jun 22, 2019
101adewole:
That is less than 3 months of my salary though not 4months

Ok i see..£1750 and N375,000
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by 101adewole(m): 10:08pm On Jun 22, 2019
I dont think i ever mention N350,000 here,I said N375,000
justwise:

Ok i see..£1750 and N375,000
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by 86TG: 10:15pm On Jun 22, 2019
Thanks alot for the clarification
justwise:

You can state the cost of flight because that is the only thing that can be costed then your letter will explain the trip details.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Seeyat: 10:16pm On Jun 22, 2019
giselle237:
It could serve as a letter of introduction, no objection or leave letter. Very importantly let the letter state that you have strong ties with Nigeria especially mentioning how long you have been with the company and as such can not abandon your job ties to go and live in the uk. Also let it mention that you have been granted leave to travel to the UK and you will return to your job after your vacation.

Pls it has to be on company letterhead with original HR or manager’s signature and with email address and phone numbers that are official and working.

Thank you a lot. I will do accordingly. I'm grateful
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Seeyat: 10:18pm On Jun 22, 2019
[quote author=zakmus post=79569908][/quote]

Copied, thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Seeyat: 10:26pm On Jun 22, 2019
Hello everyone,

I just completed the visa application and i could not see a last page where i can explain what's needed in details

Is it just me or that is their new portal?

Please advice
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 10:26pm On Jun 22, 2019
86TG:
Thanks alot for the clarification

Will your wife be including her employment documents and bank statement?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by 86TG: 11:10pm On Jun 22, 2019
Yes, she would since she’s employed or it’s not necessary especially the bank statement
justwise:

Will your wife be including her employment documents and bank statement?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by AdaUK: 11:16pm On Jun 22, 2019
STENON:
Thanks bro. I am on long vacation at my Uni here from may till september so I can work for full time. I am working as a private home tutor with a tutoring agency here and they also assisted with the GCTS certification. The plan is to be a Physics supply teacher to school and be on 20 hours contract as from september 2019. But my people are saying its against the immigration law to work as a Teacher.
Hmmm
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by STENON(f): 11:43pm On Jun 22, 2019
AdaUK:

Hmmm
What??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by miqos02(m): 12:23am On Jun 23, 2019
nomad26:
This thing is confusing but there's a guide at the top of the page (see image). I think property documents should go under 'accomodation temporary or permanent' while hotel accomodation under 'travel and residency documents'
you do well bro. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by beeveepee: 6:32am On Jun 23, 2019
101adewole:
So sorry about that,But to my knowledge you can go with your passport data page and your Reference number with that they should be able to consider you...All the best
Thank you. I'll be doing that on Monday. Have a blessed Sunday.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 7:18am On Jun 23, 2019
86TG:
Yes, she would since she’s employed or it’s not necessary especially the bank statement

That's all right
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Seeyat: 9:09am On Jun 23, 2019
Good morning everyone in this great forum,

Has anybody noticed there is no extra sheet on UK application form again, should i be worried?

I have things to explain before submitting my visa application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 10:03am On Jun 23, 2019
there is no question like do you have additional information? Where u’ll answer yes and then write
?
Seeyat:
Good morning everyone in this great forum,

Has anybody noticed there is no extra sheet on UK application form again, should i be worried?

I have things to explain before submitting my visa application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Seeyat: 10:11am On Jun 23, 2019
giselle237:
there is no question like do you have additional information? Where u’ll answer yes and then write
?

Additional information is there, i unknowingly omitted it.

Can i write a cover letter or cancel the application and ask for a refund?

Please enlighten me on what i can do

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (770)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.