Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,776 members, 7,831,495 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1452606 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 7:08am On Jun 22, 2019
okay pls what do you think I can do

tessytessy:
Yes, that will be a red flag and could possibly lead to denial.

It is either you have concrete explanation on the N4million deposit or don't use the account at all.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 7:16am On Jun 22, 2019
STENON:
Hi everyone. Please am I permitted to work as a teacher in UK on tier 4 student visa? I am a registered Physics and Mathematics Teacher in Nigeria with the Teachers Registration council of Nigeria (TRCN). I have fulfilled the mandatory requirement of becoming a registered Teacher in
UK (scotland) via this link ( https://www.gtcs.org.uk/registration/qualified_uk_row-checklist.aspx ), paid and got my UK statement of comparability from UKNARIC (https://uknaric.org/) and registered with the General Teaching council for scotland (GTCS) but waiting for the final certificate from GTCS. Some people are saying I am not legally permitted to work as a teacher even with GTCS certificate because I am on student visa. Please I need your input. Thank you

You can't work as a teacher while holding student visa, no school will willingly employ you as a teacher while on student visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by 86TG: 7:35am On Jun 22, 2019
Good day Justwise,I’m almost in the same boat, I’m traveling with my wife and 2kids , my wife works, myself being the primary applicant and sponsoring the trip, for my wife, how much money will be paid towards trip? Do I include flight only or total budget of trip. Thanks
justwise:

"Who is paying towards the cost of your visit and How much money will they be paying towards your visit? My parent and state the figure budgeted for the trip.

Note..the figure has to be factual, you need to research the cost of the trip so as to help you come up with factual figure.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Seeyat: 7:45am On Jun 22, 2019
Good morning gurus in the house,

Please help me to examine my 10 days tourism to the UK

Hostel 10 days £108

Flight ticket £517

Feeding £140

Transportation £50

Up keep - £74

Total - £889 (#405,299) Oanda rate.

That's a little bit above 2 and half month salary after monthly expenditure.

Does it make sense? Abeg make una help me
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dolorsa: 9:01am On Jun 22, 2019
Seeyat:
Good morning gurus in the house,

Please help me to examine my 10 days tourism to the UK

Hostel 10 days £108

Flight ticket £517

Feeding £140

Transportation £50

Up keep - £74

Total - £889 (#405,299) Oanda rate.

That's a little bit above 2 and half month salary after monthly expenditure.

Does it make sense? Abeg make una help me

It boils down to how much you earn monthly after tax and probably pension(PFA). That's your net pay and what your monthly disposable income is. The amount is quite reasonable for a 10 day trip. You need to also state what you intend to do in the UK as it might lead to refusal if not stated. All the best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Seeyat: 9:03am On Jun 22, 2019
Dolorsa:
It boils down to how much you earn monthly after tax and probably pension(PFA), that's your net pay and what your monthly disposable income is.

I appreciate your response, my monthly salary is 200k after tax and monthly disposable income is 50k
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dolorsa: 9:09am On Jun 22, 2019
Seeyat:

I appreciate your response, my monthly salary is 200k after tax
Your monthly disposable income is what you have left after your monthly expenses. Determine that amount and see what you have. The rule is not to spend more than twice your net pay or monthly disposable income on a short visa. Your best bet right now is to reduce the number of days you intend to stay in the UK so that your budget for the trip won't be way too higher than twice your net pay or monthly disposable income as the case maybe. You can state that you spend about 40k in a month and reduce the number of days for your trip to about 7 days and let's see what the budget would be.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dolorsa: 9:14am On Jun 22, 2019
Seeyat:

I appreciate your response, my monthly salary is 200k after tax and monthly disposable income is 50k
Monthly disposable income is what you have left after your monthly expenses. If 50k is your monthly disposable income, visa won't be approved because it will take many months to accumulate the amount you intend to spend on the trip. You would have budgeted more than 2 times your monthly disposable income on a short trip which is red flag. I hope you understand

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Seeyat: 9:18am On Jun 22, 2019
Dolorsa:
Monthly disposable income is what you have left after your monthly expenses. If 50k is your monthly disposable income, visa won't be approved because it will take many months to accumulate the amount you intend to spend on the trip. You would have budgeted more than 2 times your monthly disposable income on a short trip which is red flag. I hope you understand

Sorry i meant to type #150k
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 9:19am On Jun 22, 2019
86TG:
Good day Justwise,I’m almost in the same boat, I’m traveling with my wife and 2kids , my wife works, myself being the primary applicant and sponsoring the trip, for my wife, how much money will be paid towards trip? Do I include flight only or total budget of trip. Thanks

What is the total cost of the trip ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dolorsa: 9:29am On Jun 22, 2019
Seeyat:

Sorry i meant to type #150k
Ok..try and reduce the number of days you intend to stay in the UK, it will help in reducing the budget for the trip too
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Seeyat: 9:36am On Jun 22, 2019
Dolorsa:
Ok..try and reduce the number of days you intend to stay in the UK, it will help in reducing the budget for the trip too

Okau, let me do that and give you a feedback. Thanks a lot
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Floraoye0417: 9:39am On Jun 22, 2019
I doubt if there's anything u can without the collection slip. They refused photocopy from someone that I know cos d original slip was with someone n he travelled. U shld look for it.
beeveepee:

Please help! I got a mail from TLS that my Passport is ready for collection. Unfortunately I have misplaced the Collection Slip. Please how do I proceed? Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dolorsa: 9:50am On Jun 22, 2019
Seeyat:

Okau, let me do that and give you a feedback. Thanks a lot
You're welcome
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 9:59am On Jun 22, 2019
beeveepee:

Please help! I got a mail from TLS that my Passport is ready for collection. Unfortunately I have misplaced the Collection Slip. Please how do I proceed? Thank you.

Contact TLS with your application details for possible solution
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Seeyat: 10:03am On Jun 22, 2019
Dolorsa:
You're welcome

Hello,

I have reduced the lenght of my stay to 7 days. Below is the break down

Hostel 7 days £84

Flight ticket £517

Feeding £98 for a week

Transportation £30

Up keep - £60

Total - £789 (# 359,709) Oanda rate.

My net salary is 200k after tax and monthly expenditure is #50k

Is it okay this way?
Please advice

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 10:05am On Jun 22, 2019
Tls would ask you to swear an affidavit of loss and bring it to them for collection.

beeveepee:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dolorsa: 10:08am On Jun 22, 2019
Seeyat:

Hello,

Hostel 7 days £84

Flight ticket £517

Feeding £98 for a week

Transportation £30

Up keep - £60

Is it okay this way?
Please advice

Thanks
I know you wanted to write #150k. About 350k will be good. Try and find a way around it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 10:19am On Jun 22, 2019
in relation to your salary... i think this is fair
please hope this salary shows in your account that it drops every month? I mean hope it is regular
Then have your employer issue you a no objection letter..
if you need a sample I can help
Seeyat:

Hello,

I have reduced the lenght of my stay to 7 days. Below

Is it okay this way?
Please advice

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by beeveepee: 10:26am On Jun 22, 2019
melochic:
Tls would ask you to swear an affidavit of loss and bring it to them for collection.

Thank you very much. God bless. I will do that on Monday. Once again thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by beeveepee: 10:27am On Jun 22, 2019
justwise:

Contact TLS with your application details for possible solution
Thanks. I appreciate. God bless.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by caprimom: 11:22am On Jun 22, 2019
Good morning Justwise and other gurus. Thanks for yesterday for answering my question. I am writing my cover letter and I need to know if it is compulsory I state all the deposits other than my monthly salary in the cover letter or if I should just explain few deposits considering the fact it may end up to 2 or 3 pages if I explain all the deposits.

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Seeyat: 11:33am On Jun 22, 2019
giselle237:
in relation to your salary... i think this is fair
please hope this salary shows in your account that it drops every month? I mean hope it is regular
Then have your employer issue you a no objection letter..
if you need a sample I can help

My salary shows in my account every month. Please what is no objection letter?

Please help me with a sample abeg
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jun 22, 2019
You welcome.
P.S
A copy of your passport bio data page would be needed as well.

beeveepee:

Thank you very much. God bless. I will do that on Monday. Once again thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 12:11pm On Jun 22, 2019
caprimom:
Good morning Justwise and other gurus. Thanks for yesterday for answering my question. I am writing my cover letter and I need to know if it is compulsory I state all the deposits other than my monthly salary in the cover letter or if I should just explain few deposits considering the fact it may end up to 2 or 3 pages if I explain all the deposits.

Thank you

You don't have to go into too details about every deposit but you have to explain all huge deposits that is not your salary
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by zakmus(m): 12:12pm On Jun 22, 2019
Good day house

please I need an input on my trip plan

My trip is 14 days

I earn #275,000 monthly after tax and pension

I spend #70,000 monthly

my disposable income is #205,000

here's the breakdown of the trip

Air ticket (846 pounds)

intra city transport (50 pounds)

sight seeing (55 pounds)

Shopping ( 100 pounds )

feeding ( nil )

Accommodation ( nil )

Miscellaneous ( 30 pounds)

Total is 1,110 pounds =506,054 @ oanda rate

my cousin who is inviting me will take care of

feeding and accommodation.

please tell me if I can add or subtract

thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 12:15pm On Jun 22, 2019
On company letter headed paper with contact information of the company that works.... issued by the company....
Dear Sir/Madam,

NO OBJECTION LETTER.
RE: MR xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
Mr. xxxxxxxxxxx is a Bleep graduate of xxxxxx University, xxxxxx.
He has been in our employ since July 1998. He works as a xxxxxxxx with an annual salary of NGN xxxxxxxxxx per annum.
He intends to visit Glasgow whilst on _________ (permitted/paid/unpaid/requested) leave from xxxxxxxxxx to xxxxxxx , 2019 and therefore we introduce him for this purpose.
The ______ (company/bank/firm/factory/industry) has NO OBJECTION regarding his visit to the United Kingdom.
He is to resume his duties on xxxxxxx, 2019.
We introduce him for this purpose.
Should you require additional information, do not hesitate to contact me at +234xxxxxxxxx.

Yours faithfully,
xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx
Human Resource Manager

Seeyat:

My salary shows in my account every month. Please what is no objection letter? Please help me with a sample abeg

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by miqos02(m): 12:26pm On Jun 22, 2019
hello house, what is the right category to upload property documents and hotel accomodation?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by OvaSabi1(f): 12:32pm On Jun 22, 2019
justwise:

You can't work as a teacher while holding student visa, no school will willingly employ you as a teacher while on student visa

Even on part time basis or as a substitute teacher?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dolorsa: 12:38pm On Jun 22, 2019
Seeyat:

Hello,

Hostel 7 days £84

Flight ticket £517

Feeding £98 for a week

Transportation £30

Up keep - £60

Is it okay this way?
Please advice

Thanks
You should be fine. Work on other areas and remember the God factor.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by zakmus(m): 12:55pm On Jun 22, 2019
[quote author=giselle237 post=79568710]On company letter headed paper with contact information of the company that works.... issued by the company....
Dear Sir/Madam,

NO OBJECTION LETTER.
RE: MR xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
Mr. xxxxxxxxxxx is a Bleep graduate of xxxxxx University, xxxxxx.
He has been in our employ since July 1998. He works as a xxxxxxxx with an annual salary of NGN xxxxxxxxxx per annum.
He intends to visit Glasgow whilst on _________ (permitted/paid/unpaid/requested) leave from xxxxxxxxxx to xxxxxxx , 2019 and therefore we introduce him for this purpose.
The ______ (company/bank/firm/factory/industry) has NO OBJECTION regarding his visit to the United Kingdom.
He is to resume his duties on xxxxxxx, 2019.
We introduce him for this purpose.
Should you require additional information, do not hesitate to contact me at +234xxxxxxxxx.

Yours faithfully,
xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx
Human Resource Manager

[/quote
Is this no objection letter different from introduction letter? please enlighten me

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jun 22, 2019
Seeyat:

Hello,

Hostel 7 days £84

Flight ticket £517

Feeding £98 for a week

Transportation £30

Up keep - £60

Is it okay this way?
Please advice

Thanks
This is good enough. Justwise, Dolorsa, Giselle237 and others contributing on here to make sure we all succeed, thank you guys. Seeyat, be mindful of your last refusal. Once you are able to tackle the reasons you were refused initially, you will get it right. God bless everyone on here.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (770)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.