Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,688 members, 7,831,129 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (145) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1452325 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by asamwababy: 3:42pm On Nov 15, 2019
Skrskr:

Wow. High school leavers... No wonder.

grin are you just knowing?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by asamwababy: 3:46pm On Nov 15, 2019
1. Two bank statements were submitted for the application( One salary and personal account) with about 400K and 1.2M respectively why no reference was made to the other well funded account i don't know before reaching this decision.
[/quote]

This is becoming a norm by the UK visa office.

Deliberately using the account that has low funds to conclude on visa issuance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Skrskr: 4:06pm On Nov 15, 2019
justwise:

Those are Backpackers accommodation, shared room with bunk beds, never seen anybody who got a visa with such accommodation.

Years ago while on school picnic i used one in London and Wales , no security, no privacy, infact you take your stuff while going to have a shower because you are sharing a room with strangers.

The price tells you everything.

Whether it will fly remains to be seen.

Lmao @ taking your things while going to shower hahaha
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Skrskr: 4:07pm On Nov 15, 2019
asamwababy:
1. Two bank statements were submitted for the application( One salary and personal account) with about 400K and 1.2M respectively why no reference was made to the other well funded account i don't know before reaching this decision.

This is becoming a norm by the UK visa office.

Deliberately using the account that has low funds to conclude on visa issuance.

Na their way
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Skrskr: 4:14pm On Nov 15, 2019
kazmoj:
Thank you...because, I was promoted and my salary was increased to 80% of my initial salary in January 6th due to my project I was embarked on then, the account balance was 900+ but later it rised to 2.2M August ..

Did you include your promotion letter and payslips showing the increment in salary? Does it tally with the money that was deposited into the account?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oak202: 4:55pm On Nov 15, 2019
Skrskr:

Thanks boss. When you returned your passport, how long did they take to return it to you with the 2 year visa? I commend your courage as well for returning the 6 months visa. I know most Nigerians feel visa application is sort of like a lottery/achievement and the officials are gods. No they aren't. Yes, in some cases you may seem to have provided all the documents required and you can still be refused if some things do not add up but all in all. If there's paper trail for all the funds in your accounts and you don't appear to be desperate whether wittingly or unwittingly, they will grant the visa (well, except in cases such as mine where they refused because they didn't check properly).

However, they mailed me again this morning with a robust apology that the presiding officer misinterpreted the documents I provided so the ECM had another ECO review it and my visa has now been granted. But I don't know how long it will take before they return my passport.

I submitted my passport back with the letter of apology on 27th of September and i received collection message on the 8th October.
But before collection mesage i was sent concluded message on the 2nd of October

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 5:00pm On Nov 15, 2019
Olasewa:
Hello people..they refused my Visa Application...please can I re apply immediately because I’m still on leave but I won’t be able to go for the conference tho.

Did you deposit money into your account that is not your salary?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Olasewa: 5:26pm On Nov 15, 2019
justwise:

Did you deposit money into your account that is not your salary?

Yes...a friend sent money to my account ..was that why they denied me
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by tshoboy(m): 6:07pm On Nov 15, 2019
Olasewa:

I think so but did you provide information about it in your cover letter?
But the ECOs main concern was on the opening balance, which is pretty lame to me.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 6:32pm On Nov 15, 2019
Olasewa:

That was the only reason for the refusal.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by demmysoft: 7:04pm On Nov 15, 2019
Kindly advise on this my refusal notice, planning to reapply, l want the guru in the house to please guide me and tell me the necessary documents to back this up. Thank you.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 7:13pm On Nov 15, 2019
how many months bank statement did u submit?
Olasewa:
Hello people..they refused my Visa Application...please can I re apply immediately because I’m still on leave but I won’t be able to go for the conference tho.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by opomulero(m): 7:17pm On Nov 15, 2019
demmysoft:
Kindly advise on this my refusal notice, planning to reapply, l want the guru in the house to please guide me and tell me the necessary documents to back this up. Thank you.

did u add the certificate of investment? if YES,
did u explain in the cover letter that the profit of your investment is rolled over that the money is not paid into the account but can be liquidated anytime?

THE. ECO also cant get through to ur office maybe u would av bn granted.

i think those are d two points u are to work on
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 7:53pm On Nov 15, 2019
demmysoft:

The embassy tried to contact the company you claimed to work for but was unable to get through to anybody. And the money you claimed to have made from other source was not supported by documentation evidence
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Olasewa: 8:23pm On Nov 15, 2019
giselle237:

6 months
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Candybright: 8:26pm On Nov 15, 2019
Refusal flying up and down. Who are those that got visa, come and share too to lighten up the thread

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 8:27pm On Nov 15, 2019
giselle237:
This couldn't have been the issue. First timers get visa with at least 3 months bank statement.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Olasewa: 8:28pm On Nov 15, 2019
justwise:
[/b]

That was the only reason for the refusal.

Wow ...that’s crazy ooo...but the money deposited is my business money and normal money now but at least anyone can send me money.
But can I reapply and please how will I do it that it will work out
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Olasewa: 8:31pm On Nov 15, 2019
dilodavid:
This couldn't have been the issue. First timers get visa with at least 3 months bank statement.

Hehe...really!!!!! So can I re apply with 3 months bank statement
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by blank(f): 8:31pm On Nov 15, 2019
demmysoft:

You made a mistake in filling out your application. In the column where it asks for income from investments/other sources, you were meant to input the interest generated on the investment and not the principal amount. The principal amount can be used where it asks for how much do you have to cover your trip? Your Fixed deposit certificate will not correlate with the info you have provided.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 8:37pm On Nov 15, 2019
Olasewa:

Hehe...really!!!!! So can I re apply with 3 months bank statement
Was that what you used before?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 8:42pm On Nov 15, 2019
Did u see where the ECO cited origin of funds abi beginning balance... if u reduce d duration u want to submit and he doesn't see exactly how the money came about how do you then blame him?
I have a close friend that decided to submit 1 and half year’s bank statement bcus he had so many deposits and withdrawals and needed the Eco not to come up with any flimsy excuse to deny him. He got his visa on 1st time. There’s no hard and fast rule I know.... but dont also compare 3 months bank statement ... everyone’s circumstance is different
dilodavid:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by demmysoft: 8:47pm On Nov 15, 2019
Thank you bro, but l was thinking that investment referred could be income from other sources like allowance from property, leasing or rentage, I don't have fixed deposit investment,

How am l going to defend that part.

Did u add the certificate of investment? if YES,
did u explain in the cover letter that the profit of your investment is rolled over that the money is not paid into the account but can be liquidated anytime?

THE. ECO also cant get through to ur office maybe u would av bn granted.

i think those are d two points u are to work on
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 8:58pm On Nov 15, 2019
Hello All,
pls who has ever had a Border officer file a complaint to Home Office for them without them asking.. basically to help the person erase abi na amend a visa refusal history.

P.S the person didn’t ask for it...
anyone with such experience?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 8:58pm On Nov 15, 2019
giselle237:
Did u see where the ECO cited origin of funds abi beginning balance... if u reduce d duration u want to submit and he doesn't see exactly how the money came about how do you then blame him?
I have a close friend that decided to submit 1 and half year’s bank statement bcus he had so many deposits and withdrawals and needed the Eco not to come up with any flimsy excuse to deny him. He got his visa on 1st time. There’s no hard and fast rule I know.... but dont also compare 3 months bank statement ... everyone’s circumstance is different
Whether he submits 2 years bank statement or 6 months, every bank statement must have an opening balance. The onus is on the applicant to explain the origin of the funds therein. That way, ECOs won't say they are unclear about the origin of such funds
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Olasewa: 9:08pm On Nov 15, 2019
dilodavid:
Was that what you used before?

No..I used 6 months
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 9:14pm On Nov 15, 2019
Olasewa:

No..I used 6 months
You should maintain such because your previous application was decided on that. Mind you, they have your information. If you decide to reduce it now, that will know you are trying to be smart. Except you decide to wait a while before sending in a new application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Skrskr: 9:57pm On Nov 15, 2019
oak202:

I submitted my passport back with the letter of apology on 27th of September and i received collection message on the 8th October.
But before collection mesage i was sent concluded message on the 2nd of October

ok. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Skrskr: 10:02pm On Nov 15, 2019
giselle237:
Hello All,
pls who has ever had a Border officer file a complaint to Home Office for them without them asking.. basically to help the person erase abi na amend a visa refusal history.

P.S the person didn’t ask for it...
anyone with such experience?

Border officer as in Nigerian customs??
Also, I am not sure there is a valid reason for erasing a refusal history.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by tofo(m): 10:34pm On Nov 15, 2019
My Application was rejected with the attached reason.
In my cover later, I explained thoroughly the inflow of 1.4 million as a bonus payment from my organization. This was even the narration of the credit. I transferred the money to my savings account and used it to buy treasury Bill's. I thoroughly detailed such including my other savings in the account. This is even outside the closing balance in my current account.
I uploaded family pics of my parents and I, their national IDs and the birth certificate including my car papers and house rent receipt to show home ties.

Please advise on what I need to do as all there is no significant inflow outside salary and the bonus mentioned above that is in my account and I provided all evidence to show such.
Can I appeal this decision as I believe my Cover letter was not read and my application was not thoroughly reviewed

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 12:09am On Nov 16, 2019
noooo. as in Border officer at London Heathrow Airport.
That's what the officer filed for... even though the passenger did not ask for it... the passenger doesn't & didn't know such exists
Skrskr:

Border officer as in Nigerian customs??
Also, I am not sure there is a valid reason for erasing a refusal history.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by blank(f): 1:58am On Nov 16, 2019
tofo:
My Application was rejected with the attached reason.
In my cover later, I explained thoroughly the inflow of 1.4 million as a bonus payment from my organization. This was even the narration of the credit. I transferred the money to my savings account and used it to buy treasury Bill's. I thoroughly detailed such including my other savings in the account. This is even outside the closing balance in my current account.
I uploaded family pics of my parents and I, their national IDs and the birth certificate including my car papers and house rent receipt to show home ties.

Please advise on what I need to do as all there is no significant inflow outside salary and the bonus mentioned above that is in my account and I provided all evidence to show such.
Can I appeal this decision as I believe my Cover letter was not read and my application was not thoroughly reviewed

You could include your employment letter that shows you are entitled to a bonus based on performance and that was what was paid. Then the rest of your explanation can fly.

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (770)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.