Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,483 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (147) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1444783 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by michaelO1994: 8:25pm On Nov 17, 2019
please i have two questions
1.are they still conducting interview at u.k embassy....like is it compulsory or is it done depending on the school you applied to
2.please you are going to bournemouth university at england or any school within the metropolis please do lemme know.....or indicate lets talk privately...thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ashirioluwa: 8:30pm On Nov 17, 2019
I paid for my brother visa application today but not able to book free appointment.
Thinking of cancelling this visa application

Paid for 2-year visa. Will I get refund if I cancel this visa application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 8:58pm On Nov 17, 2019
Ashirioluwa:
I paid for my brother visa application today but not able to book free appointment.
Thinking of cancelling this visa application

Paid for 2-year visa. Will I get refund if I cancel this visa application?
Same situation at my end. No free dates for Ikeja centre. A friend was able to book a while ago but she chose Vicroria Island and she only paid the fee VI centre is known for. What I can't figure out right now is why Ikeja centre is now different from what it used to be.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Luchiano54: 9:15pm On Nov 17, 2019
Please,what do you mean by no free appointment dates? Is that all the days in December are filled up?
[
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 9:20pm On Nov 17, 2019
Luchiano54:
Please,what do you mean by no free appointment dates? Is that all the days in December are filled up?
[
That seems to be the situation right now.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ashirioluwa: 9:42pm On Nov 17, 2019
dilodavid:
Same situation at my end. No free dates for Ikeja centre. A friend was able to book a while ago but she chose Vicroria Island and she only paid the fee VI centre is known for. What I can't figure out right now is why Ikeja centre is now different from what it used to be.
The is serious
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 9:44pm On Nov 17, 2019
Ashirioluwa:

The is serious
Very serious. This is extortion.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Candybright: 10:01pm On Nov 17, 2019
dilodavid:
Is it still possible to get appointment for free? Asking because I want to make my decision.
For Abuja, there was still free date for 25th as at when I checked. Lagos date may be in December now. You cam aswell keep checking. Some times, date pop up

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 10:08pm On Nov 17, 2019
Candybright:

For Abuja, there was still free date for 25th as at when I checked. Lagos date may be in December now. You cam aswell keep checking. Some times, date pop up
I wanted a date in December. There are still dates in November, but none is free for Ikeja centre from my observation. Can I check at night to see if any free date will pop up?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 11:54pm On Nov 17, 2019
Dates will always free up as people cancel their appointments every single day.
Be as patient as u can be and keep checking and refreshing.. u will get lucky
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by opomulero(m): 12:14am On Nov 18, 2019
sorry to ask o, no free date? so the dates available will be paid for right?

secondly,
at what point of the Application will i choose ikeja center or vi or abuja center?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 6:30am On Nov 18, 2019
opomulero:
sorry to ask o, no free date? so the dates available will be paid for right? Most likely.

secondly,
at what point of the Application will i choose ikeja center or vi or abuja center?
After payment of visa fee. You will be able to access tls website where you have pick a submission centre and also pick a date. Once you choose a submission centre, you can't change it. If you need to change it, you will have to cancel your application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 7:49am On Nov 18, 2019
Ijeshalomo:
Good morning house. I think with brexit, EU nationals would be needing visa to visit the UK. Also can a UK visa be used to travel to ireland
Dude dont you think it makes more sense to first ask for permission and then inform someone of the reason why you're sending a PM before you do?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by rooneycole: 11:19am On Nov 18, 2019
Thank you for your visa/entry clearance application which has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days and settlement applications within 60 working days (unless you have opted for a Priority Visa service).

We are unable to resolve your application within these customer service targets, as the processing of your application has not been straightforward. Please be assured that we will continue to progress your application to enable a decision to be made as soon as possible.

Please do not attend the application centre until you have been contacted by the VAC.

Kind regards

Pls can someone help me on this. I'm really worried
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by rooneycole: 11:29am On Nov 18, 2019
Thank you for your visa/entry clearance application which has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days and settlement applications within 60 working days (unless you have opted for a Priority Visa service).

We are unable to resolve your application within these customer service targets, as the processing of your application has not been straightforward. Please be assured that we will continue to progress your application to enable a decision to be made as soon as possible.

Please do not attend the application centre until you have been contacted by the VAC.

Kind regards
Croydon DMC

Pls gurus is the house, I need more explanation on this email . I'm really worried!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kode12: 12:04pm On Nov 18, 2019
Has anyone been able to pay and get a date for biometrics submission in Nov or early Dec??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by opomulero(m): 1:07pm On Nov 18, 2019
good day all,
if i pay for flexi appointment, will i pay for each person in the family?

will the payment for flexi include walkin or i will pay for flexi and pay for walkin again if i did not see free date?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ty01: 1:08pm On Nov 18, 2019
Please don’t be worried. This just means they need to do some further review and confirmations on your application. Your application will take more than the 15 working days initially budgeted for.

rooneycole:

Kind regards
Croydon DMC

Pls gurus is the house, I need more explanation on this email . I'm really worried!!!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by priscyspecial: 1:39pm On Nov 18, 2019
Hi everyone,
I got my visa today Glory to God.
I applied and believed God and he answered.

12 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ashirioluwa: 1:46pm On Nov 18, 2019
Msadesina:
Yes they are all reflecting. I can wait for the refund but this letter of consideration. Am i to send a letter of comsideration, or administrative review or complaint letter.

And who do i send it to

You get your refund yet? Also, how long did you wait for to get the refund
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kode12: 2:24pm On Nov 18, 2019
Has anyone been able to secure dates for biometrics in late November or First week of December Lagos or Abuja?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 2:33pm On Nov 18, 2019
kode12:
Has anyone been able to secure dates for biometrics in late November or First week of December Lagos or Abuja?
I don't think so. One has to pay a minimum of 37k to be able to book appointment in Lagos, Ikeja centre. Check your PM bro/sis.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kode12: 2:56pm On Nov 18, 2019
dilodavid:
I don't think so. One has to pay a minimum of 37k to be able to book appointment in Lagos, Ikeja centre. Check your PM bro/sis.
Pay as in a legal booking fee or naija fee. Because I need a date in next week preferably, but I can't submit my application until 26th. I want to be sure where, if it'd be better to just apply in Abuja instead of Lagos.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Luchiano54: 3:57pm On Nov 18, 2019
Please, I need help urgently.
I'm in the process of booking an appointment but want to pay for flexi. I selected 21st of November but got this.
Please, what does this mean? How do I get a date?
How is the payment made?
In fact, how does this flexi thing work?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 4:03pm On Nov 18, 2019
Luchiano54:
Please, I need help urgently.
I'm in the process of booking an appointment but want to pay for flexi. I selected 21st of November but got this.
Please, what does this mean? How do I get a date?
How is the payment made?
In fact, how does this flexi thing work?
Since you are willing to pay, try choosing a different date and see what happens.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nextjones99: 4:05pm On Nov 18, 2019
Good afternoon, pls is it true tls doesn’t accept pickup by proxy again? I submitted in Abuja on the 26th September and the passport is ready for collection, however I don’t live in Abuja and the person I gave the collection slip said they refused to let hm collect that I have to come in person. Is this true or who has encountered such issue. It’s not easy for me to go to Abuja at the moment. Thank you all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Luchiano54: 4:14pm On Nov 18, 2019
dilodavid:
Since you are willing to pay, try choosing a different date and see what happens.

I tried using different dates but it kept saying the same thing
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 4:19pm On Nov 18, 2019
Luchiano54:

I tried using different dates but it kept saying the same thing
You may have to keep trying. Even Ikeja centre that used to be free doesn't seem free right now. No one to even contact for clarifications.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Luchiano54: 4:24pm On Nov 18, 2019
[quote author=dilodavid post=84145868]You may have to keep trying. Even Ikeja centre that used to be free doesn't seem free right now. No one to even contact for clarifications.

Ok. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bigtt76(f): 4:44pm On Nov 18, 2019
It might not be unconnected to the time of the year and possibility of an impending white Christmas in the UK which doesn't make sense in their mind for a Nigeria to want to visit during that period except the person has an intention of not returning back to his or her homeland (my thoughts though) cheesy

Candybright:
Refusal flying up and down. Who are those that got visa, come and share too to lighten up the thread
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ty01: 4:48pm On Nov 18, 2019
priscyspecial:
Hi everyone,
I got my visa today Glory to God.
I applied and believed God and he answered.

Congrats!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.