Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,745 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (146) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1444122 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by 1blessing: 4:27am On Nov 16, 2019
Wow you are so blessed. Congrats. I like your courage
Skrskr:

I stated all my prior visa refusals (2 to be precise).

The first was in 2007, when I was still a minor, it was a settlement visa to the UK.
The second Australia, May 2019.

I had no cause to not declare it. My situation has since changed.

For example, prior to may, I was just a freelancer, no company, no invoice, just money coming to my account. There was no way to prove that they were legitimate earnings or not.

After that refusal, I set up my limited liability company, separated personal funds from company funds, started earning a salary of 1,000 USD per month. Provided my payslip, evidence of FIRS tax filed for my company. There was a structure. So there is no way, they will say my situation hasn't changed or deny me because Australia denied me. I also travelled to Dubai in July just to build travel history (my first trip outside Nigeria).

When I get back from the UK, I will reapply to Australia again as I do not see any reason why I should be refused if I have two trips under my belt and never overstayed and I would probably be able to provide them about 8 months payslip and some other relevant evidence, maybe real estate or treasury bills.

Last last, i dont think its a good idea to leave out details of previous refusals. If they find out (which I'm sure they will), it will prove to them that you plan to run away on getting to their UK.

I even lowkey feel like having previous refusals can even help you because you can easily prove how your situation has since changed. I guess.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by 1blessing: 4:41am On Nov 16, 2019
I talk am earlier cos it has been very few granted visa testimonies for the past few weeks which is scary. Good luck prospective applicants.
Candybright:
Refusal flying up and down. Who are those that got visa, come and share too to lighten up the thread
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by 1blessing: 4:58am On Nov 16, 2019
If truly all these you stated here are to be true, I will advise you complain about it true appropriate channel rather than spending money to re apply. This is total extortion by these ECO. They know Nigerian are quick to accept their useless judgements that is cos of severe denial on no thorough assessment. At least try to justify your claim, and if they still don't grant then you know you have tried and clear your doubts.
tofo:
My Application was rejected with the attached reason.
In my cover later, I explained thoroughly the inflow of 1.4 million as a bonus payment from my organization. This was even the narration of the credit. I transferred the money to my savings account and used it to buy treasury Bill's. I thoroughly detailed such including my other savings in the account. This is even outside the closing balance in my current account.
I uploaded family pics of my parents and I, their national IDs and the birth certificate including my car papers and house rent receipt to show home ties.

Please advise on what I need to do as all there is no significant inflow outside salary and the bonus mentioned above that is in my account and I provided all evidence to show such.
Can I appeal this decision as I believe my Cover letter was not read and my application was not thoroughly reviewed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bigtt76(f): 5:04am On Nov 16, 2019
I doubt that the passenger isn't aware of this because the first thing that happens is that the passenger must have been placed in the holding area and asked to sign a holding form pending when his or her entry status is cleared.

So what happens is that, once you've been previously refused a visa but issued one later on, and as a first timer, your name is flagged on arrival and its up to the border force officer to either query the flag to find out more or ignore it before clearing the passenger.

Based on the clearance, the border force officer will invariably file that the visa refusal be expunge to ensure the passenger don't face such issues in the future. Except maybe the passenger wasn't listening properly.

In any case, what's the issue? Did it affect the passenger's recent application?

giselle237:
noooo. as in Border officer at London Heathrow Airport.
That's what the officer filed for... even though the passenger did not ask for it... the passenger doesn't & didn't know such exists
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by pufframmy: 5:08am On Nov 16, 2019
YEs but soemtime this VO does not go through someone application after upload receipts and invoice of some done jobs they still said they cant find my invoice and reciept

jj17cv:
@pufframmy
Depends on your refusal dont just waste 5pounds for nothing if the reason is not genuine example this is ppl are wise .....when u transfer big amount of money inside account without explanation and u are sending complaints

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 9:45am On Nov 16, 2019
giselle237:
Hello All,
pls who has ever had a Border officer file a complaint to Home Office for them without them asking.. basically to help the person erase abi na amend a visa refusal history.

P.S the person didn’t ask for it...
anyone with such experience?

This story is strange, can you explain exactly what happened? Erase previous refusal or what basis?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 9:48am On Nov 16, 2019
bigtt76:
I doubt that the passenger isn't aware of this because the first thing that happens is that the passenger must have been placed in the holding area and asked to sign a holding form pending when his or her entry status is cleared.

So what happens is that, once you've been previously refused a visa but issued one later on, and as a first timer, your name is flagged on arrival and its up to the border force officer to either query the flag to find out more or ignore it before clearing the passenger.

Based on the clearance, the border force officer will invariably file that the visa refusal be expunge to ensure the passenger don't face such issues in the future. Except maybe the passenger wasn't listening properly.

In any case, what's the issue? Did it affect the passenger's recent application?

Why?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 9:53am On Nov 16, 2019
I’ve asked the passenger and you’re politically correct. Only difference is that the person is not a first timer ... over 10 trips on 5 or 6 different tourist visas..but there’s a positive history of one refusal in between the 5 tourist visas. The border officer told the man they were filing for this so the refusal can be removed and so he wont have to face any embarrassment anytime he comes into d country by been held
bigtt76:
So what happens is that, once you've been previously refused a visa but issued one later on, and as a first timer, your name is flagged on arrival and its up to the border force officer to either query the flag to find out more or ignore it before clearing the passenger. Based on the clearance, the border force officer will invariably file that the visa refusal be expunge to ensure the passenger don't face such issues in the future. Except maybe the passenger wasn't listening properly. In any case, what's the issue? Did it affect the passenger's recent application?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 9:58am On Nov 16, 2019
It’s very true boss
justwise:

This story is strange, can you explain exactly what happened? Erase previous refusal or what basis?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ijeshaoflondon: 3:07pm On Nov 16, 2019
1blessing:
I talk am earlier cos it has been very few granted visa testimonies for the past few weeks which is scary. Good luck prospective applicants.

Its not scary , just that our people wont be patient to run their account properly... When u read all refusal note ur gonna realize that there s always some kind of lodgements.... Our people fail to understand that

1. Any budget that's more than 2 months of your disposable income would surely lead to automatic refusal.

2. Any funds that's above 50k which doesn't correlate with your said income would lead to refusal.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 5:52pm On Nov 16, 2019
ijeshaoflondon:

Its not scary , just that our people wont be patient to run their account properly... When u read all refusal note ur gonna realize that there s always some kind of lodgements.... Our people fail to understand that

1. Any budget that's more than 2 months of your disposable income would surely lead to automatic refusal.

2. Any funds that's above 50k which doesn't correlate with your said income would lead to refusal.
What about a situation where the ECO would say the cost of your trip is almost twice your monthly disposable income. Haven't we seen such refusals before? For example, cost of trip is £800 and monthly disposable for 2 months is £884. In this case, cost of trip is clearly less than twice the monthly disposable income. Yet ECO would still go ahead to refuse such an application. What can be said about this? Contributions please. We are here to learn to avoid mistakes.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bigtt76(f): 6:42pm On Nov 16, 2019
It's actually optional but I think some good officers just don't see why they need to keep pulling you o er each time because of an earlier refusal hence the need to expunge it from the record.

Like the OP pointed out, the passenger wasn't a first timer despite being refused before hence why the officer believed there's no need having it flagged. Ignoring a flag a visitor's profile might come to haunt you the officer someday so why not deal with it when you can rather than allow that day to come (my thoughts though).

justwise:

Why?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bigtt76(f): 6:45pm On Nov 16, 2019
Yea but has the passenger applied for another visa since this was done? Or it happened on a recent trip?

I'm sure with this expunged, s/he won't have issues with applying for a visa in the future with the flag on that there was a previous refusal.

They usually ask applicants to state if they've been refused a visa before and the reason why.... I guess this is where such flags come in to play. If you lie and the on arrival, the flag is on, then you might be on your way out with the next flight.

giselle237:
I’ve asked the passenger and you’re politically correct. Only difference is that the person is not a first timer ... over 10 trips on 5 or 6 different tourist visas..but there’s a positive history of one refusal in between the 5 tourist visas. The border officer told the man they were filing for this so the refusal can be removed and so he wont have to face any embarrassment anytime he comes into d country by been held
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by PreciousGemRubb: 6:53pm On Nov 16, 2019
Hello people, kindly advise, my parents have both visited me in 2018 but separately (early and late 2018) dad is retired while mum was working then. Now, mum will retire in January. I am thinking of applying for both of them for 2 years visitors visa before mum retires.
1. Do my mum need a letter from her employer saying she is visiting her daughter (she was given for previous application but she wouldn't be able to get one now as she is retiring soon).
2. Is it better to do them separately
3. I will be fully sponsoring them, do they still need their statement of account even if it doesn't have much money.
4. Dad's pension payment started after he visited in 2018 in his salary account but I send him money in his other account, does he need to submit both accounts.
5. Should I wait for mum to retire before applying for her if I am doing it separately.
6. My brother is currently serving and wants to visit me but my husband thinks he might be refused, he wants him to wait till when he comes for his MSc hopefully next year or 2021. Please can you advice me on which documents he needs to put together to enable him get the visa ( I really want him to visit before he applies for his student visa). Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by 1blessing: 7:21pm On Nov 16, 2019
Women are so adorable just imagine her care for her family.
PreciousGemRubb:
Hello people, kindly advise, my parents have both visited me in 2018 but separately (early and late 2018) dad is retired while mum was working then. Now, mum will retire in January. I am thinking of applying for both of them for 2 years visitors visa before mum retires.
1. Do my mum need a letter from her employer saying she is visiting her daughter (she was given for previous application but she wouldn't be able to get one now as she is retiring soon).
3. I will be fully sponsoring them, do they still need their statement of account even if it doesn't have much money.
4. Dad's pension payment started after he visited in 2018 in his salary account but I send him money in his other account, does he need to submit both accounts.
5. Should I wait for mum to retire before applying for her if I am doing it separately.
6. My brother is currently serving and wants to visit me but my husband thinks he might be refused, he wants him to wait till when he comes for his MSc hopefully next year or 2021. Please can you advice me on which documents he needs to put together to enable him get the visa ( I really want him to visit before he applies for his student visa). Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Swerveking14: 10:48pm On Nov 16, 2019
themusketeer:

Air Maroc?

Apart from their rice... they are nothing to right home about.

Try Turkish or Ethiopian airline
Maybe coz you are not familiar with the other food because it's foreign.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brainbox0806: 11:06pm On Nov 16, 2019
Thanks a million
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Vicas2000: 12:03am On Nov 17, 2019
1. She can still get a letter of introduction if possible.
2. If they both have landed property, other immediate family members who still live in Nigeria, that may stand as proof that they will return back to Nigeria, so you can apply for both of them together at same time. i.e. they will submit land documents, pension payment for dad, salary payment for mum, birth cert of other children living in Nigeria etc.

If you can't supply this, then better to apply seperately and get them to include marriage cert + letter from the other spouse stating that they will remain in Nigeria when the other spouse is in the UK.

3. Yes! they still need their bank account. It doesnt need to have lots of money in it.

4. Submit both account. He can explain that he recieves pension in one account and motnhly stipends from you in the second account. Both source of payment serves as income. Make sure you provide proof of you sending them money to their account e.g. money transfer reciepts.

5. You really don't have to wait, if she can still proof that her employment is still valid and that she recieves salary, then I see no reason why this should be a problem.

6. Your husband may have a point. But its difficult to advise without understanding your brothers current circumstances in full. i.e. a lot of other details go into refusing visa besides not being employed.

However, if i was in your shoes, will wait to help him apply for a student visa directly though to avoid multiple visa refusal over short period of time of aplying for a visit visa and then a student visa etc

NOTE: I am not a guru. I am applying for my parents too, but gave advise based on the little knowledge I got from this group and from helping my mum successfully get a visit visa.

best of luck smiley

PreciousGemRubb:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by BasDost: 6:34am On Nov 17, 2019
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ashirioluwa: 9:39am On Nov 17, 2019
Broadenyourhori:

Yes he can apply if he has a genuine reason to visit again. He has demonstrated that he will return home. nevertheless, his situation will still be assessed.
Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ashirioluwa: 9:39am On Nov 17, 2019
giselle237:
He can apply now
In his new application he should reestablish all his ties. Then for duration.. he can give 2 years a shot or still do the 6 months. Just make sure all home and financial ties are in place.
Thanks for the info
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ashirioluwa: 9:40am On Nov 17, 2019
ozymes:
He can apply when he wants to travel......I believe he can even apply for a 2-year C-Visit visa if he is still qualified by then
Thank you so much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by customised87: 11:11am On Nov 17, 2019
Brainbox0806:

Thanks a million for taking time out to reply my post,I really appreciate. I've done a change of name for my wife,I believe I can add the newspaper page with the documents to be submitted.?

Yes together with the marriage certificate
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 2:21pm On Nov 17, 2019
Good day all, please must one pay to get an appointment date for biometric?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dongc(m): 3:19pm On Nov 17, 2019
have you been able to sort out anything on your passport yet..i know someone having same issue?

gegedos:
Thanks for the great work, I am having challenges in obtaining an international passport.l have collected it before but it has expired so I now applied for a new one instead of doing renewal.but I wasn't given.how do i get it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Neam9: 4:27pm On Nov 17, 2019
Good afternoon everyone, please how do i go about an application for a U. K visit visa. Especially for the proof of funds aspect. Thanks in anticipation of your response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ozymes: 5:05pm On Nov 17, 2019
You are on the right track, Just read from page 90 onward.
Neam9:
Good afternoon everyone, please how do i go about an application for a U. K visit visa. Especially for the proof of funds aspect. Thanks in anticipation of your response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 17, 2019
If it's not possible for one to get free appointment date, then these people are out to milk applicants dry. Even after paying visa fee, it's really a sad situation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by josiahese(m): 6:14pm On Nov 17, 2019
dilodavid:
If it's not possible for one to get free appointment date, then these people are out to milk applicants dry. Even after paying visa fee, it's really a sad situation.

Their aim is to generate revenue for their Government, just like the US generate billions of Naira for the US.
It's normal.....

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 7:16pm On Nov 17, 2019
josiahese:

Their aim is to generate revenue for their Government, just like the US generate billions of Naira for the US.
It's normal.....
Is it still possible to get appointment for free? Asking because I want to make my decision.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by luvlaja80: 7:18pm On Nov 17, 2019
if am to make a complian..should I sent a email or download d their complian form and filled and submit through their email..and also attached my supporting socuments

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.