Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,191 members, 7,953,684 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:13 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (161) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1517519 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 10:41pm On Nov 28, 2019
OK thank you all. But what's the major factor that determines the duration of the visa?
dilodavid:
This isn't a general assertion. 5 years visa can also be granted to first timers. I believe 10 years is also possible.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by demmysoft: 11:21pm On Nov 28, 2019
On behalf of a friend, kindly help me out here, is like I don't really understand the message sent by UK embassy, l can't decode it

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by grandstar(m): 1:23am On Nov 29, 2019
Monmarri

Dear Chief,
I am applying for a UK visa. I have my own business. Is it compulsory I submit my tax clearance?

Your answer will be highly appreciated. My biometrics is taking place today
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oak202: 3:29am On Nov 29, 2019
IMustWin:
OK thank you all. But what's the major factor that determines the duration of the visa?

From your question, it shows you are a newbie, take your time to read previous part of this thread.

The duration of the visa depends on the duration you applied for. 6 months, 2 years,5 years,10 years. But for a first timer ,you should apply for 6 months period.

https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/tourist-short-stay-visas

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mrchemist(m): 7:03am On Nov 29, 2019
Thanks but A salary payment without description. How someone defend it.
dilodavid:
No negative effect. As long as salary payment has description for the month it is being paid for.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ozymes: 8:02am On Nov 29, 2019
Payslips
mrchemist:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 8:09am On Nov 29, 2019
mrchemist:
You can address it in your cover letter and you also have to submit payslip to that effort. The payslip should indicate the month of the payment.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Aibisoye0: 8:11am On Nov 29, 2019
customised87:

Unfortunately, No.
I have even sent a reminder but they have still not refunded. I ll keep sending them email everyday now so they can do it .

What about yours?

Hello have you been refunded? I think TLS just ignores refunds. Since September 2019 till date no refund no apologies....it is well

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 8:14am On Nov 29, 2019
IMustWin:
No factor determines that. All you need to do as an applicant is to indicate the period you want your visa to be valid for. Pay the necessary fees and provide necessary documents that can grant you such visa for the stated validity duration.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 9:16am On Nov 29, 2019
justwise:

On that budget you need a miracle to get a visa because of your salary level.

Again it makes no sense that a married man on average salary is planing to spend more than 6 times of his monthly salary alone on a leisure trip.

So the question is..of what benefit will this trip be to you and your family?

Hello Justwise, plan on travelling in the second week of January for 6days leave days.

Can you please assess sufficiency of funds(financial capacity) based on the information below:

monthly take home is in the c.250-300k range
Disposable Income = 300k-50K = 250k
Account balance I am applying with 3 months statement(750k balance) and 3/6 months payslip
was in the UK on a Tier 5 Visa in 2017 came in on VISA commencement date and left on Visa expiration date

Single 26 y/o
been at current work for 2yrs+
Budget is 680GBP(c.318 according to Oanda) vs salaray account 1,600 account balance(750k)
Flight 510
Transportation 40
Feeding - 80
Shopping (chocs) - 20
Misc - 30

Accomodation is to be provided by my sister who has a residency permit.

Does the above show sufficiency of funds ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 9:31am On Nov 29, 2019
OK thank you guys.
dilodavid:
No factor determines that. All you need to do as an applicant is to indicate the period you want your visa to be valid for. Pay the necessary fees and provide necessary documents that can grant you such visa for the stated validity duration.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by T33cis: 10:57am On Nov 29, 2019
Good day everyone, I need your help/advice.

I applied for a 6month visit visa for 7days and got a refusal. Attached is a snapshot of the refusal letter.
Initially I attached two bank statements one with my travel money and also the account I use for personal stuffs with a maximum deposit of 500k with was a personal loan I received and explain it in the cover letter, I also attached I copy of the loan contract letter. The second account is a salary account with minor deposits of maybe 1200 multiple times, at most 30k.
My initial amount stated for travel was 300 pounds for shopping and miscellaneous cos my boyfriend was to cover all costs.
How soon can I reapply to enable me travel for Xmas (for about 3weeks this time)?
Also, should I provide just my salary acct bank statement when reapplying instead of both bank statements.
Thanks for your response(s).

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 2:20pm On Nov 29, 2019
Fiyinfoluwa20:

Hello Justwise, plan on travelling in the second week of January for 6days leave days.

Can you please assess sufficiency of funds(financial capacity) based on the information below:

Account balance I am applying with 3 months statement(750k balance) and 3/6 months payslip
was in the UK on a Tier 5 Visa in 2017 came in on VISA commencement date and left on Visa expiration date

Single 26 y/o
Budget is 680GBP(c.318 according to Oanda) vs salaray account 1,600 account balance(750k)
Flight 510
Transportation 40
Feeding - 80
Shopping (chocs) - 20
Misc - 30

Justwise and other pros in the house, abeg respond now. I take God beg you.

Regards,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by TechSpot: 2:39pm On Nov 29, 2019
Fiyinfoluwa20:

Single 26 y/o
Flight 510
Transportation 40
Feeding - 80
Shopping (chocs) - 20
Misc - 30

750k savings and u want to spend almsot half of your savings on 6 days vacation.

-Your budget is unrealistic cos feeding @ 80GBP for 6 days won't work. My friend in London said one should budget at least 20GBP per day for feeding. Since your sis is responsible for ur accommodation you can say she will be feeding you too.

-You are a 26yrs old single guy so u have to present more ties to your home country especially knowing ur sis is also there on PR.

Also, if your disposable income is 250k and you're presenting a 6 months bank statement how come ur closing balance is 750k in 6 months? It is either your closing balance should be more than 750k or your monthly expenses is not as presented.

5 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Calypso1234(m): 3:11pm On Nov 29, 2019
Good day all,
I have come again concerning my application.
I have been able to upload all the required documents, however I intend uploading my passport photograph together with some other family pictures but the system is not allowing JPG, it’s accepting only PDF.
Please what can a I do at this point?
Pls help o, I need to submit today since my Biometrics is on Monday.
Thanks to everyone who has been answering our questions.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Broadenyourhori: 3:17pm On Nov 29, 2019
Fiyinfoluwa20:

Single 26 y/o
Flight 510
Transportation 40
Feeding - 80
Shopping (chocs) - 20
Misc - 30

This is more than twice your disposable income- It will not work. To be on a safe side, your budget should not exceed 2 x your disposable income.

Secondly, that amount of money for a 6 day trip to the uk for vacation? When you can spend half of that + more days , somewhere in Africa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by esskay1(m): 3:21pm On Nov 29, 2019
Hello Champs.

Please, I helped my brother applied for a Visitor Visa to go and attend our cousin's graduation ceremony in Manchester.

His application was refused because of some money reflecting in his bank state which are not in consistence with his monthly earnings.
Although we explained the sources of the funds and provided additional evidence of some of them.

Now my brother plans to reapply immediately but he wants to provide a Letter of Guarantee from his employer, to guarantee that he will return to Nigeria after his stay.

Please is it advisable? Won't it be too much, because the employer already wrote him a letter of introduction?

Thank You.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 3:22pm On Nov 29, 2019
Broadenyourhori:

This is more than twice your disposable income- It will not work. To be on a safe side, your budget should not exceed 2 x your disposable income.

[s]Secondly, that amount of money for a 6 day trip to the uk for vacation? When you can spend half of that + more days , somewhere in Africa[/s]
Leave your point at the disposable income level. Are you saying one can't travel to the UK and stay for whenever he/she wishes?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by MamaEEE: 4:23pm On Nov 29, 2019
Calypso1234:
Good day all,
I have come again concerning my application.
I have been able to upload all the required documents, however I intend uploading my passport photograph together with some other family pictures but the system is not allowing JPG, it’s accepting only PDF.
Please what can a I do at this point?
Pls help o, I need to submit today since my Biometrics is on Monday.
Thanks to everyone who has been answering our questions.

Scan or photocopy d pictures into A4 paper, then upload
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Broadenyourhori: 4:45pm On Nov 29, 2019
dilodavid:
Leave your point at the disposable income level. Are you saying one can't travel to the UK and stay for whenever he/she wishes?

Excuse me! That was not meant for you.
You can go for a day if you wish but common sense should tell you what is a realistic amount to spend versus your disposable income
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Monmarri: 4:53pm On Nov 29, 2019
grandstar:
Monmarri

Dear Chief,
I am applying for a UK visa. I have my own business. Is it compulsory I submit my tax clearance?

Your answer will be highly appreciated. My biometrics is taking place today

U need your tax clearance for your business
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Broadenyourhori: 5:01pm On Nov 29, 2019
esskay1:
Hello Champs.

Please, I helped my brother applied for a Visitor Visa to go and attend our cousin's graduation ceremony in Manchester.

His application was refused because of some money reflecting in his bank state which are not in consistence with his monthly earnings.
Although we explained the sources of the funds and provided additional evidence of some of them.

Now my brother plans to reapply immediately but he wants to provide a Letter of Guarantee from his employer, to guarantee that he will return to Nigeria after his stay.

Please is it advisable? Won't it be too much, because the employer already wrote him a letter of introduction?

Thank You.

Quick questions, how will the employer guarantee that he will return? How will it affect the company if he fails to return? Is he just an employee or part of the board
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 7:10pm On Nov 29, 2019
Broadenyourhori:

Excuse me! That was not meant for you.
You can go for a day if you wish but common sense should tell you what is a realistic amount to spend versus your disposable income
Let me reply like someone that has common sense. No, let me ignore you because if I should decide to reply you, we will derail this thread.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by T33cis: 7:12pm On Nov 29, 2019
T33cis:

I applied for a 6month visit visa for 7days and got a refusal. Attached is a snapshot of the refusal letter.
Initially I attached two bank statements one with my travel money and also the account I use for personal stuffs with a maximum deposit of 500k with was a personal loan I received and explain it in the cover letter, I also attached I copy of the loan contract letter. The second account is a salary account with minor deposits of maybe 1200 multiple times, at most 30k.
My initial amount stated for travel was 300 pounds for shopping and miscellaneous cos my boyfriend was to cover all costs.
How soon can I reapply to enable me travel for Xmas (for about 3weeks this time)?
Also, should I provide just my salary acct bank statement when reapplying instead of both bank statements.

Good evening everyone, please respond to my question � . I want to reapply this weekend.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Vicas2000: 9:44pm On Nov 29, 2019
T33cis:

Sorry to hear that your visa was refused. You need to check your account statement for any deposits. In my opinion....the ECO used a flimsy excuse to Deny you this visa.

Do you have document that proof the source of the deposits in both accounts?

You can reapply immediately but you need to address the issues that the rejection letter raised
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by T33cis: 10:28pm On Nov 29, 2019
Vicas2000:

Sorry to hear that your visa was refused. You need to check your account statement for any deposits. In my opinion....the ECO used a flimsy excuse to Deny you this visa.

Do you have document that proof the source of the deposits in both accounts?

You can reapply immediately but you need to address the issues that the rejection letter raised

Thank you for the response. I explained everything in my coverletter, I even gave instances and dates of some of the deposits.

If I am to reapply, should I provide the two bank statements I provided earlier or just my salary account? Also how soon should I reapply?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by jesuisroya: 12:31am On Nov 30, 2019
Greetings,
I'm asking for a friend since I couldn't get a clear response online.
Can one travel to DUBLIN with a VALID UK VISA?
She lives in France with a valid stay permit.
Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by omopapa: 8:27am On Nov 30, 2019
I’m afraid your friend can not travel to Dublin (Ireland) on valid UK visa except their passport is issued by one of the approved countries which Nigeria is not one.

However, they can apply for an Irish visa with the hope that their valid UK visa will give them higher chance.

jesuisroya:
Greetings,
I'm asking for a friend since I couldn't get a clear response online.
Can one travel to DUBLIN with a VALID UK VISA?
She lives in France with a valid stay permit.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kolajoo(m): 8:39am On Nov 30, 2019
Good morning, please kindly suggest a nice hotel in London or anywhere much affordable for me. I intend to spend 7nights and will 350-400 pounds be enough for 1week trip

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by omopapa: 8:41am On Nov 30, 2019
I’m so sorry for your refusal. According to the refusal letter, the ECO is concerned “about your circumstances and intention” meaning they are not convinced that you have enough tie to your home country and they are not convinced you will leave the UK at the end of your visa because “you are with your boyfriend”.

You have stated that you want to attend your boyfriend’s graduation ceremony, you might want to address the issues raised in the refusal letter before reapplying (if you decide to) otherwise, I’d wait for few months when my circumstances changes before I reapply.

T33cis:

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (770)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.