Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (164) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1445066 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by alutachuks: 10:09pm On Dec 02, 2019
I really appreciate all the responses here.....the account statement is from bank and its well stamped (Not extracted from internet banking platform)...I talked about snapping and converting to PDF becuz its much and am trying to save some cost..
In the case of Cancelling my hotel reservation,,, I would have to do that when I arrived and must have left the airport.
I really thank you guys on this timely advise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 10:14pm On Dec 02, 2019
justwise:
[/b]

That is obviously not true, a budget of 10 days is not the same as a budget of 15days, stating that you are going to stay 10days and given a visa and you went ahead to book a flight a return ticket for 15days is an issue.

Luckily you haven't paid the price yet but many have because its misrepresentation.

oak202:

I totally disagree with this narrative that its a misrepresentation because in every application, you will be asked the number of days used previously which i stated the true number of days. Its when you lie thats when it becomes a misrepresentation.

I applied for 6 months and stated i will spend 5 days which i ended up spending 10 days. I later applied for 2 years which i stated i spent 10 days in my previous visit with dates. I got my 2 years

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Pompoms(f): 10:53pm On Dec 02, 2019
Hello everyone.
Thank you for this post, Justwise.
My case is peculiar and I would really appreciate your input.

I got a 10year ban for misrepresentation when I tried renewing my visa in 2010.
(My first visa in 2006, stayed 5 months but was wrongly advised to backdate my arival date at the airport, stating that I stayed 1 month). I sent them an email apologising for that.

Now the ban is lapsed and I want to apply for a 6-month visa. Purpose is to visit my siblings.

*I was a student then, now married with children.

*I run an online clothing business. Income is between 40-50 thousand naira monthly.

*I receive monthly allowance of 200k from my husband, which he recently increased . The extra is his personal savings towards rent,school fees,etc.

*I have land documents, the children's birth certificates/school receipts , CAC certificate and tax certificate.

*3 bank statements: 1 for business and 2, personal. All below 1million naira .

*I'll be visiting my sister who also doubles as my sponsor.

How much should I state as my monthly income? And expenses? Do I add the allowance I get for upkeep or just income from my business?

How much should my budget be? I see it's twice your monthly income but in this case, doubling my income won't cut it and again my trip will be sponsored.

Please, I just need to know the best way to approach this application because of where I'm coming from.

Thank you very much.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by jesuisroya: 12:34am On Dec 03, 2019
Greetings dear Nairalanders.

It's me again.

Is it okay to include in one's visa application that he was denied visa in another embassy?
My inlaw was denied tourist Canada Visa a month or two ago, and he's including it in his UK visa application?
Is it okay, or should he remove that detail?
Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oak202: 5:52am On Dec 03, 2019
jesuisroya:

It's me again.

Is it okay to include in one's visa application that he was denied visa in another embassy?
My inlaw was denied tourist Canada Visa a month or two ago, and he's including it in his UK visa application?
Thanks.

Yes, it is a must to state every visa denial you have. If you lie and the embassy finds out later, you will be ban
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 7:17am On Dec 03, 2019
dilodavid:
You can decide not to include it. Canada and UK don't share information.

Anymore of this sort of advice here you will be banned from this section.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 7:17am On Dec 03, 2019
jesuisroya:

It's me again.

Thanks.

It's a must to declare previous visa refusals.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 7:20am On Dec 03, 2019
Pompoms:
Hello everyone.
Thank you for this post, Justwise.
My case is peculiar and I would really appreciate your input.

I got a 10year ban for misrepresentation when I tried renewing my visa in 2010.
(My first visa in 2006, stayed 5 months but was wrongly advised to backdate my arival date at the airport, stating that I stayed 1 month). I sent them an email apologising for that.

Now the ban is lapsed and I want to apply for a 6-month visa. Purpose is to visit my siblings.

*I was a student then, now married with children.

*I run an online clothing business. Income is between 40-50 thousand naira monthly.

*I receive monthly allowance of 200k from my husband, which he recently increased . The extra is his personal savings towards rent,school fees,etc.

*I have land documents, the children's birth certificates/school receipts , CAC certificate and tax certificate.

*3 bank statements: 1 for business and 2, personal. All below 1million naira .

*I'll be visiting my sister who also doubles as my sponsor.

How much should I state as my monthly income? And expenses? Do I add the allowance I get for upkeep or just income from my business?

How much should my budget be? I see it's twice your monthly income but in this case, doubling my income won't cut it and again my trip will be sponsored.

Please, I just need to know the best way to approach this application because of where I'm coming from.

Thank you very much.

How much will your sister be contributing?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by donbuchi1(m): 7:24am On Dec 03, 2019
Please yellow fever vaccine compulsory when you want to visit UK. Please i will be going with my kids
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Juliansamuel: 7:50am On Dec 03, 2019
Good morning house. Pls where do one send additional documents to if mistakingly omitted after self service submission. The bank statement submitted by my sister was the on emailed to her by her bank, she needs to send the original stamped one ASAP, though she hasn’t done biometrics,its tomorrow. Where will she send it to please house
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by MamaTripleJ: 11:33am On Dec 03, 2019
Good morning house.

Submitted Oct 31
Biometrics Nov 5
Pick up Nov 22
Visa Refused

Submitted Nov 25
Biometrics Nov 27 (walkin)
Pick up Dec 3
Visa Approved

Just want to say a big thank you to everyone for the patience and guidance.
God bless you.
Please i have some questions
1. What amount is appropriate for my son and I to travel with. We have a friend accommodating us and my husband is sponsoring.
2. What airline would you recommend. I want the one with less number of hours because of my son.

Thanks once again

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ozymes: 12:09pm On Dec 03, 2019
Q2:
BA
AirFrance
When are you traveling?
MamaTripleJ:
Good morning house.

Submitted Oct 31
Biometrics Nov 5
Pick up Nov 22
Visa Refused

Submitted Nov 25
Pick up Dec 3
Visa Approved

God bless you.
1. What amount is appropriate for my son and I to travel with. We have a friend accommodating us and my husband is sponsoring.
2. What airline would you recommend. I want the one with less number of hours because of my son.

Thanks once again
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by asamwababy: 12:23pm On Dec 03, 2019
MamaTripleJ:
Good morning house.

Submitted Oct 31
Biometrics Nov 5
Pick up Nov 22
Visa Refused

Submitted Nov 25
Pick up Dec 3
Visa Approved

Thanks once again

Congrats and glad you took the bold step of reapplying immediately.

Thanks for listening to the house.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Abeoladele: 12:38pm On Dec 03, 2019
Please how much does it cost to change departure date on wakanow?I need to change from 15 to 10 days as advised by the guru.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Horlaidey007: 1:14pm On Dec 03, 2019
Gurus in the house please help look at this refusal letter A friend of mine just got after she has a been refused twice before. This time around no reason at all was given for the refusal. Please see attached. And what can be done.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by MamaTripleJ: 1:29pm On Dec 03, 2019
Okay..
Thanks. Traveling 18th
How about the financial aspect. How much would you advice.
I heard many people are deported for lack of funds.

ozymes:
Q2:
BA
AirFrance
When are you traveling?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by MamaTripleJ: 1:30pm On Dec 03, 2019
Thanks.

asamwababy:

Congrats and glad you took the bold step of reapplying immediately.

Thanks for listening to the house.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Horlaidey007: 1:34pm On Dec 03, 2019
£200-£300 should be fine

MamaTripleJ:
Okay..
Thanks. Traveling 18th

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ozymes: 1:35pm On Dec 03, 2019
The amount you quoted on your application form
MamaTripleJ:
Okay..
Thanks. Traveling 18th

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by knighteengale: 1:42pm On Dec 03, 2019
Congratulations to you.

A friend of mine recommended British Airways to me when I wanted to go in September. There services was great.
You can try them, that is if there are still seats this year.

£850 - £1,000 should be okay for you, depending on what n what you want to shop for.

MamaTripleJ:
Good morning house.

Submitted Oct 31
Biometrics Nov 5
Pick up Nov 22
Visa Refused

Submitted Nov 25
Pick up Dec 3
Visa Approved

God bless you.

Thanks once again
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by MamaTripleJ: 1:45pm On Dec 03, 2019
Thanks

Horlaidey007:
£200-£300 should be fine

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by MamaTripleJ: 1:48pm On Dec 03, 2019
Thanks

ozymes:
The amount you quoted on your application form
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by MamaTripleJ: 1:50pm On Dec 03, 2019
Thanks alot

knighteengale:
Congratulations to you.

A friend of mine recommended British Airways to me when I wanted to go in September. There services was great.
You can try them, that is if there are still seats this year.

£850 - £1,000 should be okay for you, depending on what n what you want to shop for.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by esskay1(m): 2:28pm On Dec 03, 2019
Hello Champs,

Please, How many months' bank statement is required for a UK visitor visa application?

Thank You
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oluwaseun8(m): 2:57pm On Dec 03, 2019
esskay1:
Hello Champs,

Please, How many months' bank statement is required for a UK visitor visa application?

Thank You

6 months only.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 3:08pm On Dec 03, 2019
oluwaseun8:

6 months only.
Subject to change.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by obiz0819: 3:25pm On Dec 03, 2019
Good Afternoon, my visa application was refused sometime in August this year based on the fact that my budget was more than my income.

I would like to make a reapplication this month but I kindly need your inputs on the following:

1. Would it be Ok to reduce my stated expenditure in this new application? In my last application, I stated that I spend 70k per month, leaving me with a disposable income of 130K so I want to state that I spend 40k/Month so my planned budget could be 320k for 5 days trip

2. I previously stated that I had additional income but I did not provide evidence for that. Tho the ECO didn't query my lack of evidence, I want to state now that I don't have an additional source of income in this new application, would this be fine?

@Justwise and others please help out with your thoughts.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Seeyat: 4:59pm On Dec 03, 2019
I specially want to thank @ekpotek and @justwise and every other people that contributed their opinion. My visa application was refused in September due to Eco not checking all documents i submitted, i was adviced by these two wise men to contact them and complain which i did. 21 days later i received an email saying they're conducting an Independent review of my complaint.

5 days ago i received another email stating "Please note your visa decision has been overturned" I have submitted my passport with a copy of the email received from them.

I appreciate every advice given and God bless you guys

6 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Janechinem: 6:14pm On Dec 03, 2019
Seeyat:
I specially want to thank @ekpotek and @justwise and every other people that contributed their opinion. My visa application was refused in September due to Eco not checking all documents i submitted, i was adviced by these two wise men to contact them and complain which i did. 21 days later i received an email saying they're conducting an Independent review of my complaint.

5 days ago i received another email stating "Please note your visa decision has been overturned" I have submitted my passport with a copy of the email received from them.

I appreciate every advice given and God bless you guys

Congratulations! Please how did you made your complaint and which email address did you sent your complaint to.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Seeyat: 6:59pm On Dec 03, 2019
Janechinem:

Congratulations! Please how did you made your complaint and which email address did you sent your complaint to.

You write "Reconsideration review request" and highlight where you think ECO has made a mistake on the refusal letter and address it. Don't forget to include your application number.

Email: complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk

You can try this as well: VisaSheffield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Good luck.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.