Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,585 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (162) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1445701 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by omopapa: 8:45am On Nov 30, 2019
Www.booking.com make sure to filter your search. You want free cancellation just before estimated arrival date and “preferably” close proximity to central london.

kolajoo:
Good morning, please kindly suggest a nice hotel in London or anywhere much affordable for me. I intend to spend 7nights and will 350-400 pounds be enough for 1week trip

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by T33cis: 9:01am On Nov 30, 2019
omopapa:
I’m so sorry for your refusal. According to the refusal letter, the ECO is concerned “about your circumstances and intention” meaning they are not convinced that you have enough tie to your home country and they are not convinced you will leave the UK at the end of your visa because “you are with your boyfriend”.

You have stated that you want to attend your boyfriend’s graduation ceremony, you might want to address the issues raised in the refusal letter before reapplying (if you decide to) otherwise, I’d wait for few months when my circumstances changes before I reapply.

Thank you for the feedback
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oak202: 12:28pm On Nov 30, 2019
kolajoo:
Good morning, please kindly suggest a nice hotel in London or anywhere much affordable for me. I intend to spend 7nights and will 350-400 pounds be enough for 1week trip

Thank you

St christopher Inn Village, 161-165 Borough High Street, London. Although its hostel accommodation but very close to London Bridge, Shard & other interesting places.
Check it on booking.com,waka now etc
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by 1blessing: 1:53pm On Nov 30, 2019
If i were you, I wouldn't reapply, I will make a complain to there complain unit. You were denied unjustly, also, it seems the eco expected to see a valid tie to your home country. Like a child, maybe you schooling, aged parents, investments, etc. But I can feel your urgency to reapply.
T33cis:

Thank you for the response. I explained everything in my coverletter, I even gave instances and dates of some of the deposits.

If I am to reapply, should I provide the two bank statements I provided earlier or just my salary account? Also how soon should I reapply?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Blessedolamide: 7:57pm On Nov 30, 2019
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oyewilliams(m): 8:14pm On Nov 30, 2019
how do i track visa application?

edited. figured it out
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by omopapa: 8:25pm On Nov 30, 2019
Considering the sentence in bold below, I’d apply on my own without stating or including any relative. It becomes more complicated when you mention that you have a relative. Since you have a tie to Ireland (your uni) and you have sufficient funds, I think you shld apply on your own and not declare any distant relative.

Blessedolamide:

Hi @Justwise,

Brief history: I have a distant uncle(Mum's uncle) who is a UK pr. So I applied for a visit visa in May 2010 using the documentation he provided. I was actually refused for the "absence of credible evidence that he is related to me, not current SOA, doubt in my purpose of visit".  Presently studying in Ireland and intend to apply again. Most of my friends that applied for a tourist visa got the 6-month visa, even though most of them have family and friends in the UK, they didn't include. They only stated that they are going for tourism. Here is my question, I have a bro living there for a while now. I intend to sponsor myself, pay for accommodation and other expenses by myself as my temp student job & disposable income can cater for the travel expenses.  Kindly advise on how to go about this as I will like to answer the question "do you have any friends or family in the UK?" with a yes without requiring any documentation or letter from him.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by jesuisroya: 9:08pm On Nov 30, 2019
Good evening all.
It's me again.
I've been going through the posts and the my question is explaining the funds in one's account.
My Sister and her husband want to build travel history and would like to travel to the UK THIS CHRISTMAS for seven days (DEC 28th to JAN 5).
My sister earns like 4M par annum and has a balance of about N3M in her account
Her husband earns about N120K per month and has a balance of N6M
Actually, some of the deposits in his account are for a friend who's abroad, that gives him some money to keep.

Their budget for the christmas trip is almost N3 million and they're willing to pay.
Flight for 2 kids and 2 adults
Hotel for the four
Feeding, etc.

What do you advice? Do you think they should all go together or only the wife should go first then later they both apply together?
Or in what order do you think they should plan the trip.

PLEASE HELP US cos they've already filled the application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ozymes: 9:20pm On Nov 30, 2019
I don't think you have been going through the posts here. Because if you did, you would have known that evidenced monthly salaries and subsequent disposable monthly income is a key factor. Furthermore, you have N3m in your account and you want a travel budget of N3m to fly? Them nor go chop when dem come back? Abi dem nor want come back ni?
jesuisroya:
Good evening all.
It's me again.
I've been going through the posts and the my question is explaining the funds in one's account.
My Sister and her husband want to build travel history and would like to travel to the UK THIS CHRISTMAS for seven days (DEC 28th to JAN 5).
Actually, some of the deposits in his account are for a friend who's abroad, that gives him some money to keep.

Their budget for the christmas trip is almost N3 million and they're willing to pay.
Hotel for the four
Feeding, etc.

What do you advice? Do you think they should all go together or only the wife should go first then later they both apply together?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by jesuisroya: 9:30pm On Nov 30, 2019
Hi.
Thanks for your reply.
Both of them have a total of 9M in their account.
They plan to come back.

AGAIN we're trying to look for something more concrete.
I just advised my sister to leave the kids out of this first application, let her and her husband apply alone.
What do you think?

Concerning accommodation, is a mixed hostel acceptable for husband and wife?
Hostels are cheaper. But it's shared bathroom and other facilities.

ozymes:
I don't think you have been going through the posts here. Because if you did, you would have known that evidenced monthly salaries and subsequent disposable monthly income is a key factor. Furthermore, you have N3m in your account and you want a travel budget of N3m to fly? Them nor go chop when dem come back? Abi dem nor want come back ni?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ozymes: 9:53pm On Nov 30, 2019
Can you state each of their disposable income?
jesuisroya:
Hi.
Thanks for your reply.
Both of them have a total of 9M in their account.
They plan to come back.

AGAIN we're trying to look for something more concrete.
I just advised my sister to leave the kids out of this first application, let her and her husband apply alone.
What do you think?

Concerning accommodation, is a mixed hostel acceptable for husband and wife?
Hostels are cheaper. But it's shared bathroom and other facilities.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 10:16pm On Nov 30, 2019
jesuisroya:
Greetings,
I'm asking for a friend since I couldn't get a clear response online.
Can one travel to DUBLIN with a VALID UK VISA?
She lives in France with a valid stay permit.
Thanks.

Its possible

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/british-irish-visa-scheme/british-irish-visa-scheme

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/visa-short-tourist
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 10:25pm On Nov 30, 2019
Blessedolamide:

Hi @Justwise,

Brief history: I have a distant uncle(Mum's uncle) who is a UK pr. So I applied for a visit visa in May 2010 using the documentation he provided. I was actually refused for the "absence of credible evidence that he is related to me, not current SOA, doubt in my purpose of visit".  Presently studying in Ireland and intend to apply again. Most of my friends that applied for a tourist visa got the 6-month visa, even though most of them have family and friends in the UK, they didn't include. They only stated that they are going for tourism. Here is my question, I have a bro living there for a while now. I intend to sponsor myself, pay for accommodation and other expenses by myself as my temp student job & disposable income can cater for the travel expenses.  Kindly advise on how to go about this as I will like to answer the question "do you have any friends or family in the UK?" with a yes without requiring any documentation or letter from him.

Thanks

There is no other way of going about it, go ahead and apply and be honest about your previous refusal and declare your relatives living in the UK.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Blessedolamide: 11:04pm On Nov 30, 2019
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by omopapa: 11:06pm On Nov 30, 2019
It is NOT possible

Real life personal experience, I travelled to Paris from Birmingham. My return flight was via Dublin airport, I wasn’t allowed to enter Dublin Cus I didn’t have Irish visa. The immigration officer even had a list in her cubicle where she confirmed with my nationality. Had to just continue my journey to UK jejely.

The link posted here specifically states that except for citizens of India or China.

Find highlighted points in the attached pictures

justwise:

Its possible

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/british-irish-visa-scheme/british-irish-visa-scheme

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/visa-short-tourist

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 11:53pm On Nov 30, 2019
omopapa:
It is NOT possible

Real life personal experience, I travelled to Paris from Birmingham. My return flight was via Dublin airport, I wasn’t allowed to enter Dublin Cus I didn’t have Irish visa. The immigration officer even had a list in her cubicle where she confirmed with my nationality. Had to just continue my journey to UK jejely.

The link posted here specifically states that except for citizens of India or China.

Find highlighted points in the attached pictures

That was just an example, with UK short visa you can visit Ireland and vice versa.

This is not for people holding student visa or Long term visitors to the UK. Its called Short stay visa waiver programme

Don't argue about something you don't know.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by omopapa: 12:19am On Dec 01, 2019
@jesuisroya pls tell your friend to call a flight booking agent to confirm this.

I have used my own personal experience as example. Please get back to us with the findings let us all learn from it.

justwise:

That was just an example, with UK short visa you can visit Ireland and vice versa.

This is not for people holding student visa or Long term visitors to the UK. Its called Short stay visa waiver programme

Don't argue about something you don't know.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by customised87: 9:34am On Dec 01, 2019
Aibisoye0:

Hello have you been refunded? I think TLS just ignores refunds. Since September 2019 till date no refund no apologies....it is well

I send emails every other day, they recently replied that they have transferred it to accounts where they are verifying the transaction but I will keep sending emails.

When banks refuse to refund Atm false debits, do you know that phone number or email that was publicized for people to make complaints?

If we can get it, we can send our complaints to them.

Can anyone in the house help with it?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 9:42am On Dec 01, 2019
omopapa:
@jesuisroya pls tell your friend to call a flight booking agent to confirm this.

I have used my own personal experience as example. Please get back to us with the findings let us all learn from it.

You were holding the wrong visa and as expected they refused you entry.

You need a short stay visa either from the UK or the Irish government
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 9:44am On Dec 01, 2019
customised87:

I send emails every other day, they recently replied that they have transferred it to accounts where they are verifying the transaction but I will keep sending emails.

When banks refuse to refund Atm false debits, do you know that phone number or email that was publicized for people to make complaints?

If we can get it, we can send our complaints to them.

Can anyone in the house help with it?

Unfortunately this takes time, it takes as long as 6 months to get a refund sadly. I went through that experience with a family member.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by customised87: 9:52am On Dec 01, 2019
justwise:

Unfortunately this takes time, it takes as long as 6 months to get a refund sadly. I went through that experience with a family member.

Jeez, 6 months? I guess I have 3 months more before I get my money back then
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Aibisoye0: 9:56am On Dec 01, 2019
customised87:

Jeez, 6 months? I guess I have 3 months more before I get my money back then

Chai...I for don go holiday home back visa for fon expire sef
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 10:11am On Dec 01, 2019
3 million?
Even if they have 100 million in their accounts the ECO doesn’t care. They shouldn’t declare on their application to spend more than twice their disposable monthly income per person... and somewhere in your writeup I saw 120k as salary monthly.. in comparison to this salary they will need a lot of convincing to the visa officer on how this money came about and why they should be granted visa. Go through the thread pls.. this account balance has to be concretely explained and herein lies the deciding factor of their visas

U also said some money in the account is for some friends abroad that give him money to keep.. my dear they will be denied with all this money from friends... why are friends giving them money to keep? Hmm dont play with this kind of stuff and go to embassy... ur account statement will be scrutinized and every deposit will push you further down the refusal
jesuisroya:
Good evening all.
It's me again.

Hotel for the four
Feeding, etc.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ozymes: 11:09am On Dec 01, 2019
Justwise.
Are you saying any Nigerian passport holder with the regular UK visit visa can enter the Republic of Ireland on same Visit visa for a short visit?
justwise:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 11:14am On Dec 01, 2019
ozymes:
Justwise.
Are you saying any Nigerian passport holder with the regular UK visit visa can enter the Republic of Ireland on same Visit visa for a short visit?

Read up about this visa agreement between the UK and Irish govt. Its called Short stay visa waiver programme
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ozymes: 12:42pm On Dec 01, 2019
Okay Sir
justwise:

Read up about this visa agreement between the UK and Irish govt. Its called Short stay visa waiver programme
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ecton(m): 3:45pm On Dec 01, 2019
Hi everyone.

I have a valid Uk multiple entry visit visa which I used for one week in October and the visa expires in April next year. I want to visit again this December to attend a family member's PhD graduation ceremony and also spend Christmas and new year holiday there. I'll be going with an invitation letter from the graduand and he will also be accommodating me. The total visiting duration would be about 3 weeks + (trying to get a decent fare rate in this rush period).
My worry is if there's any policy on returning visits or if there's a limit to the duration of visit, especially for a second visit.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 4:27pm On Dec 01, 2019
If u have a valid visa u are free to visit.. just make sure ur host is aware that they are going to be housing you for that period and that’s all.
ecton:
Hi everyone.
I have a valid Uk multiple entry visit visa which I used for one week in October and the visa expires in April next year. I want to visit again this December to attend a family member's PhD graduation ceremony and also spend Christmas and new year holiday there. I'll be going with an invitation letter from the graduand and he will also be accommodating me. The total visiting duration would be about 3 weeks + (trying to get a decent fare rate in this rush period).
My worry is if there's any policy on returning visits or if there's a limit to the duration of visit, especially for a second visit.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by omopapa: 4:42pm On Dec 01, 2019
I have read through the Short Stay Waiver Programme you mentioned and I can confirm categorically that you CANNOT enter Ireland with a UK short stay visa if you are not a citizen of some countries in Eastern Europe, Middle East and Asia.

Find below extract from http://www.inis.gov.ie/

I have also attached a picture

Short stay visa waiver programme

You may be able to visit Ireland, for less than 90 days, without an Irish visa if you can answer “yes” to each of these questions:
Do you have an eligible UK short stay visa?
and
Does your visit to Ireland end before your permission to stay in UK ends (this is granted by an UK immigration official when you pass through UK immigration)?
and
Was your passport issued by one of the countries listed in the list below?

Eastern Europe

Belarus
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Montenegro
Russian Federation
Serbia
Turkey
Ukraine

Middle East

Bahrain
Kuwait2
Oman2
Qatar2
Saudi Arabia

Asia

India
Kazakhstan
Peoples Republic of China1
Thailand
Uzbekistan

justwise:

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by omopapa: 4:51pm On Dec 01, 2019
As mentioned by @giselle237 make sure your host is aware of your arrival date and y’all shld be on the same page as to where you will be staying. You don’t have any problems except that they might want to drill you at the point of entry. Your confidence and how you present yourself to answer the questions matters a lot. Be composed, look them in the eye, smile and answer what they ask.

ecton:
Hi everyone.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ecton(m): 5:01pm On Dec 01, 2019
The host is aware. Thanks for the response. I appreciate.

omopapa:
As mentioned by @giselle237 make sure your host is aware of your arrival date and y’all shld be on the same page as to where you will be staying. You don’t have any problems except that they might want to drill you at the point of entry. Your confidence and how you present yourself to answer the questions matters a lot. Be composed, look them in the eye, smile and answer what they ask.

giselle237:
If u have a valid visa u are free to visit.. just make sure ur host is aware that they are going to be housing you for that period and that’s all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by DMainMan: 6:33pm On Dec 01, 2019
ecton:
The host is aware. Thanks for the response. I appreciate.

Your host should write a succint letter of invitation stating the date when you will live with him and the date you will return back to Nigeria. He should also send relevant documents like tenancy agreement, his passport e.t.c. His he providing feeding? You also must provide all relevant documents

Check my post on page 159 for more details.

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.