Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,896 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (166) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1442982 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bigtt76(f): 11:28am On Dec 04, 2019
Oooh wao.....well can you state here clearly what you submitted? Documents, account balance, budget etc That would help us all guide you on the next step to take

Horlaidey007:

Please look at what is written on the front page. No explanation whatsoever..

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by abuhusna1: 12:44pm On Dec 04, 2019
obiz0819:

Thanks for your thoughts! But remember that the 40k is someone's one month salary, in fact it used to be my salary some years back�
I know right but they have to see you live big before they can allow you get the visa if not they will think you are running away. Wish you all the best with the application

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by swaggzflow(m): 1:00pm On Dec 04, 2019
My 6 months visa has been granted. Thanks house for your inputs, especially @Giselle237. Your response to my query made a huge difference, same with learning from people's experiences on this platform. I eventually applied, with my mum partly sponsoring; as you had advised, I made sure it wasn't for the whole trip as I had initially planned, but only for the airfare. I also waited a month to improve my closing balance and then applied. I was skeptical at first, because a lot of people thought that working adults, with full or part sponsorships, may have a harder time being granted visa. My timeline is as follows;

Submission of application: 4th of November 2019
Biometrics: 7th of November
Decision made on my application: 27th of November
Emailed to pickup: 3rd of December
Picked up today.

10 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by 1blessing: 6:25pm On Dec 04, 2019
Hi everyone please may I know if the message below depicts if visa has been approved or refused. Or could it be a general message for every applicants. I am saying this cos i did not submit any hard copy of other documents and why are they saying documentation again.

Dear Applicant,

Your passport and supporting documentation are now ready for collection at the TLScontact UK Visa Application Centre. You can collect your documents in person or by a representative.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 6:45pm On Dec 04, 2019
You are welcome
swaggzflow:
My 6 months visa has been granted. Thanks house for your inputs, especially @Giselle237. Your response to my query made a huge difference, same with learning from people's experiences on this platform. I eventually applied, with my mum partly sponsoring; as you had advised, I made sure it wasn't for the whole trip as I had initially planned, but only for the airfare. I also waited a month to improve my closing balance and then applied. I was skeptical at first, because a lot of people thought that working adults, with full or part sponsorships, may have a harder time being granted visa. My timeline is as follows;
Submission of application: 4th of November 2019
Biometrics: 7th of November
Decision made on my application: 27th of November
Emailed to pickup: 3rd of December
Picked up today.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 6:46pm On Dec 04, 2019
you will find out when u pick up...
1blessing:
Hi everyone please may I know if the message below depicts if visa has been approved or refused. Or could it be a general message for every applicants. I am saying this cos i did not submit any hard copy of other documents and why are they saying documentation again.
Dear Applicant, Your passport and supporting documentation are now ready for collection at the TLScontact UK Visa Application Centre. You can collect your documents in person or by a representative.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Luchiano54: 9:34pm On Dec 04, 2019
It means it's ready to for collection. You'll find out when you pick it up. What date did you go for biometrics?

Dear Applicant,

Your passport and supporting documentation are now ready for collection at the TLScontact UK Visa Application Centre. You can collect your documents in person or by a representative.[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ontripp: 6:02am On Dec 05, 2019
Hello Everyone, I tried booking an appointment for Monday earlier today but the payment gateway is rejecting my card. What can I do.

It is the same card I used to pay for the $128 application fee
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Mrskay2017: 6:17am On Dec 05, 2019
Good day everyone, please i want to make an enquiry,I did my master in the UK, I have been there bout 4 times but the last time I visited was about 4\5 years ago,now i want to reapply for 2 years visa, my question is can I use 3 months bank statement?, a friend said she used that for a 5 years visa application and was granted, others said it must be 6, I just want y'all's input, thanks fam
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 8:45am On Dec 05, 2019
yes (according to some comments on this thread)
Mrskay2017:
Good day everyone, please i want to make an enquiry,I did my master in the UK, I have been there bout 4 times but the last time I visited was about 4\5 years ago,now i want to reapply for 2 years visa, my question is can I use 3 months bank statement?, a friend said she used that for a 5 years visa application and was granted, others said it must be 6, I just want y'all's input, thanks fam
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sweetchilli(f): 8:53am On Dec 05, 2019
Hello everyone. Please I'm trying to book an appointment for my son and I. Is it a must to use the flexi option.
I want to confirm if the flexi payment is per person. The 42,000 per person is much o.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Healhtyliving: 9:44am On Dec 05, 2019
Hi Everyone,

Timelines for tier 2 visa for a family of 4

Online application submitted 21st Nov 2019
Biometrics Completed 25th Nov 2019 (free appointment booked for all. Same time, self service ) VI submission center
Application transferred to DMC 25th Nov 2019
Application received by DMC 26th Nov 2019
Application transferred to VAC 4th Dec 2019
Application received by VAC 4th Dec 2019
Passport picked for all 4th Dec 2019

Visa granted for all.

5 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Healhtyliving: 9:45am On Dec 05, 2019
It is not compulsory if you are not in hurry. It is per person
Sweetchilli:
Hello everyone. Please I'm trying to book an appointment for my son and I. Is it a must to use the flexi option.
I want to confirm if the flexi payment is per person. The 42,000 per person is much o.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Luchiano54: 10:24am On Dec 05, 2019
Congratulations!
Was it standard or priority?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by omoalison: 10:29am On Dec 05, 2019
Hello House,

I have a few questions please.

1. Please is it necessary to add flight reservation (not paid) to one'se visa application?

2. Does one need to include an itinerary in the cover letter? As in breakdown of expenses for 7 days for each person (wife and husband) for JANUARY 2020 trip:

Flight: £700
Hotel : £300
Feeding : £140
Local transportation £100
Shopping: £260

TOTAL £1500

Thanks for your kind responses.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Healhtyliving: 10:59am On Dec 05, 2019
Thanks Standard
Luchiano54:
Congratulations!
Was it standard or priority?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ozymes: 11:59am On Dec 05, 2019
Priority?
Healhtyliving:
Hi Everyone,

Biometrics Completed 25th Nov 2019 (free appointment booked for all. Same time, self service ) VI submission center

Visa granted for all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Healhtyliving: 12:47pm On Dec 05, 2019
No Standard
ozymes:
Priority?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ozymes: 1:49pm On Dec 05, 2019
That was fast!
Healhtyliving:
No Standard
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Horlaidey007: 2:24pm On Dec 05, 2019
Wow..congratulation, Did you get a job offer before processing your tier 2 visa

Healhtyliving:
Hi Everyone,

Visa granted for all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 2:33pm On Dec 05, 2019
Hi all,
I got invited by Google for a business meeting for my company,
Google and my Company has sent their invite letters but I am waiting for the flight tickets and accommodation from Google which they are delaying,
Can I apply without these two documents?

How much would I pay if I use Ikeja or Victoria Island embassy for the 5 days waiting period?

How can I find the available dates to schedule an appointment? Can I pay now and submit these two documents later?

Thanks
cc justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Healhtyliving: 2:55pm On Dec 05, 2019
Thanks. Yes I did
Horlaidey007:
Wow..congratulation, Did you get a job offer before processing your tier 2 visa

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Healhtyliving: 2:57pm On Dec 05, 2019
Yes was beyond my own comprehension too. Guess cos it's a Tier 2 visa
ozymes:
That was fast!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 3:04pm On Dec 05, 2019
If u have a sponsor such as urself, why are you in a hurry to go and get refusal? They will send your flight and accommodation details and this will infact boost ur profile. When all is complete and you have documentary evidence complete then u apply.
U will be able to assess upload platform when u have filled ur application, paid and chosen biometrics date.
U will need the documentation especially in filling your application form as several info about the cost of the trip will be asked
badboy92:
Hi all,
I got invited by Google for a business meeting for my company,
Google and my Company has sent their invite letters but I am waiting for the flight tickets and accommodation from Google which they are delaying,
Can I apply without these two documents?How much would I pay if I use Ikeja or Victoria Island embassy for the 5 days waiting period?How can I find the available dates to schedule an appointment? Can I pay now and submit these two documents later?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by MamaTripleJ: 3:12pm On Dec 05, 2019
Good afternoon house.
Am here again grin
Please am a JJC traveler.
My husband booked Emirates for us.
What do i need to know/do/have traveling Lagos - Dubai - Manchester.
What are the must have documents. (I am going for Yellow card tomorrow.)
Also POE advice/requirements

I googled these questions but most of the responses are 2005, 2012 etc. I didn't have anything recent.
So thats why i decided to come to the people who made it possible in the first place.

Thanks in advance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 3:15pm On Dec 05, 2019
giselle237:
If u have a sponsor such as urself, why are you in a hurry to go and get refusal? They will send your flight and accommodation details and this will infact boost ur profile. When all is complete and you have documentary evidence complete then u apply.
U will be able to assess upload platform when u have filled ur application, paid and chosen biometrics date.
U will need the documentation especially in filling your application form as several info about the cost of the trip will be asked

Thanks friend,
I will wait as you have said.

Do you have an idea how much I need to pay for the Visa fee for 5 days wait period is in Victoria Island also are there extra fees when using Victoria Island instead of Ikeja embassy?

I am suppose to travel on the 3rd of Jan 2020
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by tasho105(m): 4:39pm On Dec 05, 2019
...but mentioning them will not cause any harm too. You don't need any document from them if you are not staying with them.

Mentioning them makes this and subsequent UKvisa applications more straight and simple...

omopapa:
Considering the sentence in bold below, I’d apply on my own without stating or including any relative. It becomes more complicated when you mention that you have a relative. Since you have a tie to Ireland (your uni) and you have sufficient funds, I think you shld apply on your own and not declare any distant relative.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Abeoladele: 5:21pm On Dec 05, 2019
Gurus in the house, I need a very cheap hotel in peckham or camberwell.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ozymes: 5:21pm On Dec 05, 2019
booking.com
Abeoladele:
Gurus in the house, I need a very cheap hotel in peckham or camberwell.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ontripp: 6:13pm On Dec 05, 2019
URGENT URGENT URGENT
Gurus in the house, please help me

I booked an appointment for 10:30pm tomorrow and I have paid my 55 pounds, but when I checked the email they sent to me, I discovered that I had selected - premium lounge (that must have been a mistake).

I don't need a premium lounge, please if I decide not to pay the 42,000 tomorrow at TLS, will there be any problem
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ashirioluwa: 6:17pm On Dec 05, 2019
Mrskay2017:

I once used my 4 months statement to get visa for my spouse. I think it depends on ECO. Some officer will
let it slide but some will use it against you.

The requirement says 6 months - I will get 6 months statement if I were you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ashirioluwa: 6:19pm On Dec 05, 2019
Ontripp:
URGENT URGENT URGENT
Gurus in the house, please help me

I booked an appointment for 10:30pm tomorrow and I have paid my 55 pounds, but when I checked the email they sent to me, I discovered that I had selected - premium lounge (that must have been a mistake).

I don't need a premium lounge, please if I decide not to pay the 42,000 tomorrow at TLS, will there be any problem

Why don't you try to cancel it

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.