Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,217 members, 7,836,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (181) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1455544 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ikky2020: 3:35am On Dec 29, 2019
@justwise. My fiancé is applying for a visiting visa in January to the Uk. He is a contractor and has a closing balance of 7+M in the business Acct, with over 2M in the personal Acct. He is applying for 6 months visiting as we plan to wed in May 2020.
I am settled here with a good job and my own house. I hold a British passport.
We got introduced to a guy that a close friend has used several times in processing Uk and shenge visa. He gave a list that included 98k for visa fee, 30k as uploading fee, 50k as users fee, 40k hotel and tickets etc. I was surprised and brought to his attention the home office visa fee of 12something dollars, less than 50 k. He gave me loads of excuses and maintained the embassy has all this hidden charges.
Officially we have a list of what is needed to apply for a visa, please can you give me a list of what is needed? Also why insist on hotel and ticket reservations ? Is that the norm? My fiancé is 58yrs old with a good Business in Nigeria.
Please @justwise and the very knowledgeable team of helpers, give me pointers for this application. Thank you all and happy � celebrations.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Cyberknight: 6:32am On Dec 29, 2019
Calypso1234:
Good day @Justwise & all the gurus helping people on this thread, please I have a question o.
I did biometrics on the 5th of Dec, application transferred to DMC same day & application receipt acknowledgement on the 11th Dec.
I got a call from the home office in London on the 19th from a UK phone number, the guy said he tried calling my HR office to confirm my work documents which I submitted but the line ain’t going through & requested that I give him alternate numbers to call which I gave him & also told him to keep trying the number in my application form & that the number is correct, he asked me to call it out & I did. I also told him that my company has its head office in London & that he can also double check the authenticity of my docs from them. He told me that’s a great idea. Please is this a good or bad sign? I have never read on this thread that Visa Officers call applicants for such.

I'd say its a good sign, because it shows that they are giving your application the attention it deserves and and verifying the information you provided. Nothing wrong with that. Sit tight, and let them carry out their checks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Cyberknight: 6:45am On Dec 29, 2019
Ikky2020:
@justwise. My fiancé is applying for a visiting visa in January to the Uk. He is a contractor and has a closing balance of 7+M in the business Acct, with over 2M in the personal Acct. He is applying for 6 months visiting as we plan to wed in May 2020.
We got introduced to a guy that a close friend has used several times in processing Uk and shenge visa. He gave a list that included 98k for visa fee, 30k as uploading fee, 50k as users fee, 40k hotel and tickets etc. I was surprised and brought to his attention the home office visa fee of 12something dollars, less than 50 k. He gave me loads of excuses and maintained the embassy has all this hidden charges.
Officially we have a list of what is needed to apply for a visa, please can you give me a list of what is needed? Also why insist on hotel and ticket reservations ? Is that the norm? My fiancé is 58yrs old with a good Business in Nigeria.
Please @justwise and the very knowledgeable team of helpers, give me pointers for this application. Thank you all and happy � celebrations.

These commercial "agents" are best avoided. Navigating the online visa application process should not be a problem for anyone reasonably computer-savvy. I can understand that it might be a problem for a 58 year old man who may not have those skills, so if your finance's major reason for wanting to use an "agent" is to help with the form-filling and all that, then you can do it for him. If, on the other hand, he is computer-savvy, then he should do this himself. A little research on the Home Office website and user experience platforms (this thread is quite helpful) is all that is needed.

My last UK visa application was in 2013, when it was still paper-based, you just downloaded a form, filled it and go to drop it off along with supporting docs at the application centre. Now that the process is fully online, in preparation for my next application in 2019, I found this thread and simply read up what people have done and was able to navigate the online process successfully.

My cousin in the UK, who is a doctor and in my age group and all that did the same - went online and read up about the process - and has just finished filing an application for his sister from there, down to booking the TLS appointment and paying the fees. It's nothing out of this world, it's perfectly doable.

And lastly, if your plan is marriage, you will need to do more research on that - you know one can't get married in the UK on a visitor's visa. I think it's best you came to Nigeria for that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 7:16am On Dec 29, 2019
Ikky2020:

That is just a ripoff, this is what you or your fiancé can do under an hour online .

You need send him an invitation letter, data page of your British passport, mortgage papers, bank statement etc

He needs to submit his business documents, papers to contracts he has done mostly recent ones, his business account and personal ones and property or car if he has any of those.

State exactly how many days or weeks you want him to stay in the UK but avoid anything longer than one month.

If he is the only sponsoring the trip then he has to draw a budget for the trip and briefly state what he will be doing during his visit to the UK.

There is no need to add cost of accommodation in that list, just cost of flight since he will be staying with you.

Getting married in the UK is out of the equation, it has to be done in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 7:19am On Dec 29, 2019
Calypso1234:
Good day @Justwise & all the gurus helping people on this thread, please I have a question o.
I did biometrics on the 5th of Dec, application transferred to DMC same day & application receipt acknowledgement on the 11th Dec.
I got a call from the home office in London on the 19th from a UK phone number, the guy said he tried calling my HR office to confirm my work documents which I submitted but the line ain’t going through & requested that I give him alternate numbers to call which I gave him & also told him to keep trying the number in my application form & that the number is correct, he asked me to call it out & I did. I also told him that my company has its head office in London & that he can also double check the authenticity of my docs from them. He told me that’s a great idea. Please is this a good or bad sign? I have never read on this thread that Visa Officers call applicants for such.

Non of that, simply means that they are processing your application, it could turn out anyone.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by alert20: 8:12am On Dec 29, 2019
beckycute1:
Thanks for your response

Yes, proof of fund. He traveled with 100gbp cash

Did he travel as a student or as a tourist??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by alert20: 8:18am On Dec 29, 2019
@justwise, @ekpotek, @cyberknight @frontpage lawyer @al,

I greet una, longest time bosses....

Pls I want to re-apply for a tourist visa to the United kingdom after two previous refusals last year you all know ....

Pls what is the new requirements now as i have seen most people now scanning their documents at home and not at tls contact, they only went to tls to submit their passport only....

Pls I will like to know the new procedure for applying as a first time applicant for a UK tourist visa thanks in advance bosses ����
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Lee310: 9:01am On Dec 29, 2019
[quote author=Ikky2020 post=85305474]@justwise. My fiancé is applying for a visiting visa in January to the Uk. He is a contractor and has a closing balance of 7+M in the business Acct, with over 2M in the personal Acct. He is applying for 6 months visiting as we plan to wed in May 2020.

Uploading docs might be a challenge tho. That will cost you 10K at TLS and make sure you don’t choose prime time appointment. 8am -12 am. Any prime time appointment is 40K extra. You can submit from 12:30am

Visa fees is about 46K
Supporting docs uploading is 10K
Sum of 56K

Then make sure you read this thread well to understand how you go about you application.

The major challenge anyone could face is scheduling appointment at TLS. Just take your time to understand it and read through the lines.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dajayeoba(f): 11:53am On Dec 29, 2019
I submitted my application since 4th Dec, 2019 at TLS Abuja. I was told that my application will take approximately 15 working days which was to elapse on 24th Dec, 2019 and I contacted the UKVI office at an extra cost on Friday 27th Dec and was told that my application has been treated and sent back to TLS but I haven't heard anything from TLS. I got a number (08020581173) online and it seem like it's a scam. I'm confused and really upset about TLS service. I have a deadline to meet and It's looking like I won't be able to meet up with this their unreliable service. Please can anyone assist me with a reliable contact for TLS? sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 1:11pm On Dec 29, 2019
dajayeoba:
I submitted my application since 4th Dec, 2019 at TLS Abuja. I was told that my application will take approximately 15 working days which was to elapse on 24th Dec, 2019 and I contacted the UKVI office at an extra cost on Friday 27th Dec and was told that my application has been treated and sent back to TLS but I haven't heard anything from TLS. I got a number (08020581173) online and it seem like it's a scam. I'm confused and really upset about TLS service. I have a deadline to meet and It's looking like I won't be able to meet up with this their unreliable service. Please can anyone assist me with a reliable contact for TLS? sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad

The same thing I am facing, the delay is coming from TLS and sadly there is no one to contact, I think going to tls office might help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Vicas2000: 3:53pm On Dec 29, 2019
Luxxycool:
Hello house, I'm about to submit my application for tier 2 dependant visa, I wanna know if a cover letter is required.

I will advise you write one.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ikky2020: 6:42am On Dec 30, 2019
Thank you for all the replies. God bless you all. I don’t intend to wed him here but come back home in May to do so. So I will have a look at the form on line and see if it’s doable from here.
He has travelled before and stayed in Amsterdam for four years on study visa but long time ago, he has also been to Uk and Canada from work.
I will confirm from the man if the cost was for prime time or not.
Thanks once again all of you. Really appreciate.
I will probably be back once we get married and ready to make the spouse application.
Ps: someone told me the Ikoyi registry is the only one recognised in Lagos? How true is this?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Cyberknight: 8:19am On Dec 30, 2019
alert20:
@justwise, @ekpotek, @cyberknight @frontpage lawyer @al,

I greet una, longest time bosses....

Pls I want to re-apply for a tourist visa to the United kingdom after two previous refusals last year you all know ....

Pls what is the new requirements now as i have seen most people now scanning their documents at home and not at tls contact, they only went to tls to submit their passport only....

Pls I will like to know the new procedure for applying as a first time applicant for a UK tourist visa thanks in advance bosses ����

I do remember your case.

If you've acquired some good travel history in the interim that will show that you've been vacationing elsewhere and have been complying with the terms of your visas to those locations, then you can give the UK a try. Otherwise, my advice still remains the same: give the UK space until you've successfully been to other western visa-required locations and have built up a record of compliance to demonstrate.

Remember that tourism is not a compelling reason for a visit (one can holiday anywhere in the whole wide world, and for those citing family members, they can also come visit you in Nigeria, nothing says you must necessarily be the one doing the visiting in the UK), so bear this in mind as you decide on your course of action.

Re the bolded, I dont think anything much has changed since last year, take a read down the thread and see.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Cyberknight: 8:23am On Dec 30, 2019
Ikky2020:
Thank you for all the replies. God bless you all. I don’t intend to wed him here but come back home in May to do so. So I will have a look at the form on line and see if it’s doable from here.
He has travelled before and stayed in Amsterdam for four years on study visa but long time ago, he has also been to Uk and Canada from work.
I will probably be back once we get married and ready to make the spouse application.
Ps: someone told me the Ikoyi registry is the only one recognised in Lagos? How true is this?

There's one in Ikeja as well. Make sure you use the federal registries, not the ones operated by the local governments, there's an ongoing dispute between the different tiers of government over who has the right to register marriages in Nigeria , and you don't want to get caught up in that.

And as an aside, if you plan to be living together in the UK, you have to gird up your loins now and get ready to face the Home Office for the settlement wahala. As you may be aware, they've tightened the process considerably and are prone to handing out arbitrary decisions. I have two people I know of - both white British, both above the earning threshold - who are currently navigating the process with their spouses, and they ended up with lawyers after being denied a couple of times.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 8:39am On Dec 30, 2019
Any hope for passport collection today at tls?

Kindly notify this channel if you get the message
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 9:25am On Dec 30, 2019
This is not the case. The UK embassy accepts all registries and their certificates... no one registry is superior to the other... and in the case u cited, it was even said that all marriages tht had been conducted at places such as Ikoyi were not recognized... not the other way around.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2018/05/marriages-conducted-ikoyi-registry-not-legally-binding-court-rules/amp/

However they are yet to finalize this... ALL MARRIAGE REGISTRIES IN NIGERIA ARE RECOGNIZED by the UK
Cyberknight:
There's one in Ikeja as well. Make sure you use the federal registries, not the ones operated by the local governments, there's an ongoing dispute between the different tiers of government over who has the right to register marriages in Nigeria , and you don't want to get caught up in that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 11:18am On Dec 30, 2019
dajayeoba:

How far any update yet?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bigtt76(f): 11:43am On Dec 30, 2019
Haaa! 30K uploading fee keh? Which one be user fee again ...100% fake and should be reported to EFCC

Ikky2020:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dajayeoba(f): 12:11pm On Dec 30, 2019
no update yet ooo. I sent someone to their office I was told that a lot of people are there to pickup their passport. I guess it's better to go their office personally.

badboy92:

How far any update yet?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 12:31pm On Dec 30, 2019
dajayeoba:
no update yet ooo. I sent someone to their office I was told that a lot of people are there to pickup their passport. I guess it's better to go their office personally.

Was it ikeja or VI you used? And you did priority right?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 1:49pm On Dec 30, 2019
Update: I got to tls today, they didn't work on 27th and worked half day on 24th.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Cyberknight: 1:50pm On Dec 30, 2019
giselle237:
This is not the case. The UK embassy accepts all registries and their certificates... no one registry is superior to the other... and in the case u cited, it was even said that all marriages tht had been conducted at places such as Ikoyi were not recognized... not the other way around.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2018/05/marriages-conducted-ikoyi-registry-not-legally-binding-court-rules/amp/

However they are yet to finalize this... ALL MARRIAGE REGISTRIES IN NIGERIA ARE RECOGNIZED by the UK

Like I said, there is an ongoing dispute between the federal government and the local government registries in this regard. See link below. This came from last month. Obviously, it may seem that the FG is ignoring a court judgment, but it is what it is.

https://punchng.com/fg-names-12-registries-licensed-to-conduct-marriages-nationwide/

So the dispute has not yet been settled.

As a Nigerian, living in this chaotic country, the less one has to do with government madness the better. If the federal government has specifically issued an order arrogating the right to register marriages to itself as opposed to the local governments, why get oneself involved in the matter? Until they sort themselves out, there will be no clarity.

So if I were to be getting married now, I would simply proceed to a federal registry and that is why I advised that.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 1:57pm On Dec 30, 2019
Ikky2020:

Don’t allow agent to ruin your fiancé immigration profile especially with the spouse visa application coming up, you or your fiancé can apply from any location.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dajayeoba(f): 1:58pm On Dec 30, 2019
what's the status of your application? have you collected your passport?

badboy92:
Update: I got to tls today, they didn't work on 27th and worked half day on 24th.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 1:58pm On Dec 30, 2019
badboy92:
Is your package with them?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 4:12pm On Dec 30, 2019
dajayeoba:
what's the status of your application? have you collected your passport?

No I haven't, just shared the information I received when I went to tls, expects a lot of collections tomorrow
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 4:14pm On Dec 30, 2019
dilodavid:
Is your package with them?

No I was not ready for collection but she assured me that they are receiving lots of passports so expect tomorrow for positive news
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 4:25pm On Dec 30, 2019
badboy92:

No I was not ready for collection but she assured me that they are receiving lots of passports so expect tomorrow for positive news
Alright bro. Best wishes.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Thegamingorca(m): 8:31am On Dec 31, 2019
Please how much is needed to be in bank account to be eligible for visit visa for clinical attachments/plab2/osce category to be sure of a smooth visa to the UK and how long will it take to get the visa after application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Thegamingorca(m): 10:36am On Dec 31, 2019
Ahhh come on...I'm not taking a piss, guys. This is serious.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 12:12pm On Dec 31, 2019
Thegamingorca:
Ahhh come on...I'm not taking a piss, guys. This is serious.

It's your ties back home eg Job as well as your monthly salary
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Maiyakz: 12:53pm On Dec 31, 2019
Hello Guys,

Please I need your tips and advise.

I have been working in the UK for some months now and recently engaged my girlfriend who resides in Nigeria. I would really need the help of you guys in this thread to help me plan for her moving here with me. Any form of advise would be appreciated. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (770)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.