Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,947 members, 7,814,210 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (183) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1442000 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jan 02, 2020
dajayeoba:
Good morning guys and compliments of the season.

I just tracked my application and I realized that my application has been "transferred to VAC". Please how long will it take for my application to be "received by VAC"

is there any hope of getting an update from TLS today?

Thank you

Hi All,
Update I have gotten the Visa

8 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Lee310: 4:50pm On Jan 02, 2020
Sorry about that... What I can tell you is that.... call the UKVI and know the status of your application. You can also track it online tho... You can also go to TLS to know if her passport is there already and there's a glitch in network that she didn't receive a pick email.

ebby29:
Hello, Goodmorning everyone. Please I kindly need your help. Im currently in UK for a Wedding and the bride is my very good friend but a bit sad at the moment. Her Dad and Mum both applied for Visa since Nov but her mum's passport has been held for more than 4 weeks with no reason.

Her wedding is next week and it saddens my heart to see her cry because her mum might not be available.

Please this is for those with genuine answers only. Its a serious matter please.

Anyone knows what we can do to fast track this? We have called severally and they kept on saying within 15days for a while now.

Please kindly help if you know anyone at UKVI or how to go about it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by opomulero(m): 5:45pm On Jan 02, 2020
badboy92:

Hi All,
congrats

can u pls brief d house d docs etc of this visa journey
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dajayeoba(f): 6:38pm On Jan 02, 2020
Sorry about her ordeal but unfortunately TLS has one of the most unreliable service I have ever come across and it's really shameful that they wouldn't even deem it fit to contact applicants when they have unnecessary delays sad At this point, the applicant should contact UKVI to ascertain the status of the application, then she might need to visit TLS also to make inquiry.

Lee310:
Sorry about that... What I can tell you is that.... call the UKVI and know the status of your application. You can also track it online tho... You can also go to TLS to know if her passport is there already and there's a glitch in network that she didn't receive a pick email.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jan 02, 2020
badboy92:

Hi All,
Congrats bro.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by phalexnaps(m): 7:46pm On Jan 02, 2020
please house, what are document needed to be considered for a visiting visa as I'm a current msc student in Nigeria university. But an uncle is ready to send a visit invitation. please what are document needed .....pls help ...pls pls
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by phalexnaps(m): 8:45pm On Jan 02, 2020
please house, what are document needed to be considered for a visiting visa as I'm a current msc student in Nigeria university. But an uncle is ready to send a visit invitation. please what are document needed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gforce2019: 8:45pm On Jan 02, 2020
phalexnaps:
please house, what are document needed to be considered for a visiting visa as I'm a current msc student in Nigeria university. But an uncle is ready to send a visit invitation. please what are document needed .....pls help ...pls pls

Call 911
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Africankel(m): 9:02pm On Jan 02, 2020
Gforce2019:

Call 911

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

As they don't want to read through previous pages abi?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sanmigbola: 9:49pm On Jan 02, 2020
Urgent response guys, I work as one of the directors in a small company and my name is listed as one of the board of directors of the company with regular monthly salary of 320k into my bank account.
I actually want to apply for a 8 days visit and my expenses is within my 2months disposable income.

The issue is that is it compulsory I submit tax clearance certificate and pay slip because I don't have.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jan 02, 2020
dilodavid:
Congrats bro.
Thanks, brother, I appreciate your support.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jan 02, 2020
opomulero:

congrats

can u pls brief d house d docs etc of this visa journey

Ok, It is a business meeting with Google

Here are my documents
1. Flight tickets (Departure and Return)
2. Invitation Letter from Google
3. Invitation Letter from my current place of work (IT company in Lagos)
4. Payslip 4 months
5. Letter of Purpose stating why I need a visa and what I am going to do in the UK
6. Pension statement
7. Company tax returns
8. HR letter of introduction stating my position as Head of Software development and so on.

Application time: 18th December 2019
Category: Visitor Priority visa

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sanmigbola: 11:36pm On Jan 02, 2020
Sanmigbola:
Urgent response guys, I work as one of the directors in a small company and my name is listed as one of the board of directors of the company with regular monthly salary of 320k into my bank account.
I actually want to apply for a 8 days visit and my expenses is within my 2months disposable income.

The issue is that is it compulsory I submit tax clearance certificate and pay slip because I don't have.

Justwise et al
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by pinkkystel(f): 4:01am On Jan 03, 2020
Congratulations

Hi All,
Update I have gotten the Visa [/quote]

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by omopapa: 8:22am On Jan 03, 2020
U need post graduate certificate in education to teach/lecture

1stdami:
Hello Guys,

what are the best route for someone with a Ph.D. in botany/microbiology related field and about 7 years experience lecturing in Nigeria to immigrate to the UK, preferably to continue lecturing?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by omopapa: 8:23am On Jan 03, 2020
Congratulations

Do u mind sharing the documents you submitted and how it went for you so others can learn from.

pinkkystel:
Congratulations

Hi All,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Shalolo: 9:07am On Jan 03, 2020
Good morning all. Please my brother is planning to apply for UK visa and was employed last year January on commission basis.

His commission prior to this time was paid through cheques but the company mandated him to open account in September after confirmation of his employment.

The payment of his August salary was credited around 10th September 2019.

Currently he has been paid consistently for 5months and he is waiting for January salary to make it 6months.

Please can he use the statement of account to apply for UK visa despite it is not up to 6months old?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 10:47am On Jan 03, 2020
Happy New year my people. I’ve been following this thread since 2018 (Read from part 2-4) and I have really gained a lot on here and my visa was successfully granted.
Thank you guys for your selflessness.

Application Timeline:
Submission Date; December 5, 2019
Pick up Date; January 2, 2020
Visa type; 2-years visiting visa
Standard Processing
Victoria Island.

Background
I applied for a 6months Uk visa in 2014 while I was still in University with my Dad as the sole sponsor and I was granted. I traveled twice that year.

Income and Expenditure For Recent Application
Monthly salary; N221,000
ME; N54,000
DI; N334,000
Total Savings; 4,551 GBP
Personal Contribution to the trip; N330,000
I also stated in my application that my dad is a co-sponsor, and he transferred the sum of 200k as a gift to support my ticket fees. Which brought the total amount for the trip to N530,000 (1,125GBP)

Employment Document Submitted
• Employment Letter/Offer Letter
• Confirmation Letter
• Letter from Hr
• Staff Id
• Leave approval letter
• Copy of email from Hr on salary upgrade
• Copy of email from MD on end of year bonus payment (as proof of lump sum)
• Two bank statements; one with a balance of 95k and another with a balance of about 2m

Dad’s Document
• Consent Letter (which also stated that he transferred 200k to my account as a gift)
• Data Page of Nigerian Passport
• Transfer Receipt of 200k (I did not submit his bank statement)
• My mother’s death certificate

Cousin’s Document
• Data page of British Passport
• Invitation letter stating that he will cover my accommodation/feeding for 2weeks
• 3-months payslip

Other Document
One page Cover letter explaining my salary payment structure (which is paid twice in a month into different accounts). I did this in a tabular form; Transaction date, Amount, Narration, Source.
I also explained other non-salary payment such as leave bonus, year-end bonus and gift form my dad.

Budget for the Trip1,125 GBP
Air ticket; 665GBP
Shopping & Sight Seeing 400GBP
Transportation/Oyster Top up 60GBP

I broke one or two rules which i'll rather not mention so i don't mislead people but thank God everything worked out fine.
I wish all prospective applicants success in their application. May we all have a reason to smile this 2020

5 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 11:15am On Jan 03, 2020
It’s obvious you read this thread. Ur writeup shows you didn’t take any chances in letting them have any reason to doubt anything from ur end. Huge congratulations!
Pinkjasmine152:
Happy New year my people. I’ve been following this thread since 2018 (Read from part 2-4) and I have really gained a lot on here and my visa was successfully granted.
Thank you guys for your selflessness.Application Timeline:[/b]Submission Date; December 5, 2019Pick up Date; January 2, 2020Visa type; 2-years visiting visa Standard ProcessingVictoria Island.[b]Background
I applied for a 6months Uk visa in 2014 while I was still in University with my Dad as the sole sponsor and I was granted. I traveled twice that year.Income and Expenditure For Recent Application
Monthly salary; N221,000 ME; N54,000DI; N334,000
Total Savings; 4,551 GBP Personal Contribution to the trip; N330,000
I also stated in my application that my dad is a co-sponsor, and he transferred the sum of 200k as a gift to support my ticket fees. Which brought the total amount for the trip to N530,000 (1,125GBP[b]Employment Document Submitted[/b]
• Confirmation Letter
• Letter from Hr
• Staff Id
• Leave approval letter
• Two bank statements; one with a balance of 95k and another with a balance of about 2m[b]Dad’s Document[/b]
• Consent Letter (which also stated that he transferred 200k to my account as a gift)
• My mother’s death certificate[b]Cousin’s Document[/b]
• Invitation letter stating that he will cover my accommodation/feeding for 2weeks
• 3-months payslip[b]Other Document[/b]
One page Cover letter explaining my salary payment structure (which is paid twice in a month into different accounts). I did this in a tabular form; Transaction date, Amount, Narration, Source.
I also explained other non-salary payment such as leave bonus, year-end bonus and gift form my dad[b]Budget for the Trip1,125 GBP[/b]
Air ticket; 665GBP
Transportation/Oyster Top up 60GBP I broke one or two rules which i'll rather not mention so i don't mislead people but thank God everything worked out fine.
I wish all prospective applicants success in their application. May we all have a reason to smile this 2020

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by opomulero(m): 11:20am On Jan 03, 2020
Pinkjasmine152:

Application Timeline:
Standard Processing
Victoria Island.

Background
I applied for a 6months Uk visa in 2014 while I was still in University with my Dad as the sole sponsor and I was granted. I traveled twice that year.

Monthly salary; N221,000
ME; N54,000
DI; N334,000
Total Savings; 4,551 GBP
I also stated in my application that my dad is a co-sponsor, and he transferred the sum of 200k as a gift to support my ticket fees. Which brought the total amount for the trip to N530,000 (1,125GBP)

• Confirmation Letter
• Letter from Hr
• Staff Id
• Leave approval letter
• Two bank statements; one with a balance of 95k and another with a balance of about 2m

Dad’s Document

Cousin’s Document
• 3-months payslip

Other Document
I also explained other non-salary payment such as leave bonus, year-end bonus and gift form my dad.

Air ticket; 665GBP

I broke one or two rules which i'll rather not mention so i don't mislead people but thank God everything worked out fine.

Nice one Congrats

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by KingsCrossing: 12:58pm On Jan 03, 2020
Hello House,

Kindly advice on the attached refusal Letter (for a friend). She earn above 750,000k and submitted every doc.

Appeal or re-apply?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by KingsCrossing: 1:09pm On Jan 03, 2020
Mind you, in the entire statement of account, there was only 2 credits, 40k and 116k only, which are from peeps she borrowed money that was reflected in the debit section of the statement. I wonder if they actually go through docs.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by apostlejuly(m): 2:15pm On Jan 03, 2020
Hi everyone,

Please where does my cover letter and my wife’s consent letter go? I.e “Document type”....

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Janechinem: 2:20pm On Jan 03, 2020
Pinkjasmine152:

Application Timeline:
Standard Processing
Victoria Island.

Background

Monthly salary; N221,000
ME; N54,000
DI; N334,000
Total Savings; 4,551 GBP

• Confirmation Letter
• Letter from Hr
• Staff Id
• Leave approval letter

Dad’s Document

Cousin’s Document
• 3-months payslip

Other Document

Air ticket; 665GBP

Congratulations brother. Are you married or single and please what was your account opening balance?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dajayeoba(f): 3:34pm On Jan 03, 2020
Update guys,

I finally got my Visa today. smiley

Thank you all

dajayeoba:
Good morning guys and compliments of the season.

I just tracked my application and I realized that my application has been "transferred to VAC". Please how long will it take for my application to be "received by VAC"

is there any hope of getting an update from TLS today?

Thank you

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jan 03, 2020
dajayeoba:
Update guys,

I finally got my Visa today. smiley

Thank you all

Congratulations.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by 1stdami(m): 5:35pm On Jan 03, 2020
omopapa:
U need post graduate certificate in education to teach/lecture

Even if I already Lecture in a university in Nigeria
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by omopapa: 6:22pm On Jan 03, 2020
YES!!!

1stdami:

Even if I already Lecture in a university in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jan 03, 2020
I am a “Sister” and I’m single.
Opening balance on current account was about 600k while savings account was just 4k. I submitted six month bank statement for both accounts

Janechinem:

Congratulations brother. Are you married or single and please what was your account opening balance?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by toperino: 11:04am On Jan 04, 2020
Re-apply

During the next application, make sure savings is included.

KingsCrossing:
Hello House,

Kindly advice on the attached refusal Letter (for a friend). She earn above 750,000k and submitted every doc.

Appeal or re-apply?

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.