Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,290 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (184) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1455751 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Thegamingorca(m): 4:17pm On Jan 04, 2020
Gforce2019:

Call 911

grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Alkidam(m): 5:35pm On Jan 04, 2020
Hello house. I submitted family application since on the 20th of december for priority visa. And am yet to get a response whether our passports are ready or not. And i think it has exceeded 5 days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Funmibiyi96: 6:50pm On Jan 04, 2020
Hello Everyone,
Please I am new to the page and would like to ask a question

How much can I expect to earn as a work placement student in the UK?

I got admission into Teesside University for September 2020 (had to defer from Sept 2019) for MSc Food process Engineering - 1 year of coursework and 6 months of work placement. Tuition fee is 15000 pounds but I get to pay 7500 per year (2 years masters). I can raise the initial 7500 pounds and upkeep costs before resuming for the first year but I am hoping to earn the remaining 7500 during the work placement. Can that work? i wouldnt want to go without having a plan and get stranded.
Please gurus, respond.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by omopapa: 8:17pm On Jan 04, 2020
Wrong thread

ur question has been answered on the other thread

Funmibiyi96:
Hello Everyone,
Please I am new to the page and would like to ask a question

How much can I expect to earn as a work placement student in the UK?

I got admission into Teesside University for September 2020 (had to defer from Sept 2019) for MSc Food process Engineering - 1 year of coursework and 6 months of work placement. Tuition fee is 15000 pounds but I get to pay 7500 per year (2 years masters). I can raise the initial 7500 pounds and upkeep costs before resuming for the first year but I am hoping to earn the remaining 7500 during the work placement. Can that work? i wouldnt want to go without having a plan and get stranded.
Please gurus, respond.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Funmibiyi96: 12:53am On Jan 05, 2020
omopapa:
Wrong thread

ur question has been answered on the other thread

Okay Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by opomulero(m): 1:35pm On Jan 05, 2020
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Shalolo: 2:44pm On Jan 05, 2020
Good morning all. Please my brother is planning to apply for UK visa and was employed last year January on commission basis.

His commission prior to this time was paid through cheques but the company mandated him to open account in September after confirmation of his employment.

The payment of his August salary was credited around 10th September 2019.

Currently he has been paid consistently for 5months and he is waiting for January salary to make it 6months.

Please can he use the statement of account to apply for UK visa despite it is not up to 6months old?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by apostlejuly(m): 4:14pm On Jan 05, 2020
Hi everyone,
My appointment is 10am tomorrow (Monday)
My flight to Abuja was cancelled today.
Can I reschedule appointment?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ozymes: 5:37pm On Jan 05, 2020
Flying from where?
apostlejuly:
Hi everyone,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Candybright: 7:59pm On Jan 05, 2020
apostlejuly:
Hi everyone,
Yes login and reschedule your appointment
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by idogbo(m): 11:38pm On Jan 05, 2020
Hello everyone I am a UK first time applicant and would love to know the possibility of getting
A tourist visa using hotel reservation rather than invitation, and what are the prerequisite. Please help @justwise et all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 8:59am On Jan 06, 2020
Please, is anyone going to TLS, ikeja centre today or anyone already there? I wanted to ask questions about my application. I'm currently outside Lagos. I submitted my application on the 5th of December, 2019. I haven't been able to get across to UKVI because they said they are having technical difficulties.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kode12: 9:11am On Jan 06, 2020
dilodavid:
Please, is anyone going to TLS, ikeja centre today or anyone already there? I wanted to ask questions about my application. I'm currently outside Lagos. I submitted my application on the 5th of December, 2019. I haven't been able to get across to UKVI because they said they are having technical difficulties.
If you did standard, I think you'll just have to chill. I submitted on the 2nd Dec and I've not heard anything yet. Called twice and a decision hasn't been made. I'd advise not to waste money calling them honestly.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 9:24am On Jan 06, 2020
kode12:

If you did standard, I think you'll just have to chill. I submitted on the 2nd Dec and I've not heard anything yet. Called twice and a decision hasn't been made. I'd advise not to waste money calling them honestly.
It's already beyond 15 working days. I know some persons who submitted same day I submitted, they already got their passports.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 9:33am On Jan 06, 2020
kode12:

When was the last time you called and when is your travel date? You can do well to also revert my PM.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Bdotnets: 10:49am On Jan 06, 2020
Elderss:

Your occupation skill will determine what steps to take.

However, there are some general guidelines to follow:

1. Register with the relevant UK agency/body so as to get a certified/license to practice your occupation within the UK.

2. Start applying for jobs on UK job sites (this depends on your Occupation skill)

3. If you are shortlisted for interview and given the job offer, then your employer applies for COS which you will require in order to apply for UK visa from your home country (I guess Nigeria)

Gracias

About for a registered Nurse
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Alkidam(m): 11:31am On Jan 06, 2020
Alkidam:
Hello house. I submitted family application since on the 20th of december for priority visa. And am yet to get a response whether our passports are ready or not. And i think it has exceeded 5 days.

Can i go to TSL office without getting an email from them because it has exceeded the 5 working days.
Justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 11:37am On Jan 06, 2020
Alkidam:

Can i go to TSL office without getting an email from them because it has exceeded the 5 working days.
Yes, you can to find out what the situation is. Let's link up. Did you submit at Ikeja?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Alkidam(m): 11:51am On Jan 06, 2020
dilodavid:
Yes, you can to find out what the situation is. Leukt's link up. Did you submit at Ikeja?
No i sumitted at maryland. Etiebet house. What abiut you?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 11:53am On Jan 06, 2020
Alkidam:

No i sumitted at maryland. Etiebet house. What abiut you?
Same.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ribig5: 12:25pm On Jan 06, 2020
giselle237:
It’s obvious you read this thread. Ur writeup shows you didn’t take any chances in letting them have any reason to doubt anything from ur end. Huge congratulations!

Please guys i am applying for 6 months standard visa for UK and i want to use self service document upload but cant get hands on eSolo wep link of tlscontact ukvi partner even after going through the guide to upload my document so that i can finally book appoint appointment. Please i need help from some here. Thanks and hope get solution ASAP.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 1:05pm On Jan 06, 2020
Book ur appointment first and use a laptop for ease. U can upload after booking appointment
Ribig5:
Please guys i am applying for 6 months standard visa for UK and i want to use self service document upload but cant get hands on eSolo wep link of tlscontact ukvi partner even after going through the guide to upload my document so that i can finally book appoint appointment. Please i need help from some here. Thanks and hope getsolution ASAP.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by fakmurphy(m): 1:31pm On Jan 06, 2020
Hi great people of this institution, @justwise et all. I'd like to seek some clarification on UK Visa application. By April, my firm is sending 2 staffs to London for a 2 days property investor show, the admission to the exhibition is free of charge so we're only paying the staffs (attendees) for flight, accommodation and feeding. So my questions; 1) What are the documents to be supplied by the firm. We usually pay staffs salaries into their accounts without payslips or tax deduction. 2) What are the documents to be supplied by the applicants themselves?. 3) Although we stand to gain a lot from the event but does the fact that the admission to show is free of charge raises an eyebrow from the embassy?.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by NIFES(f): 1:43pm On Jan 06, 2020
Hello house.
I got my passport back today with a 6 months validity Visa stamp after 2 previous rejections all thanks to God and experience gained from following this thread.
I have learnt so much on here and the travel section in general.
Thanks @Justwise and other gurus for the patience you take in answering our varying (and some times ridiculous) questions.
I appreciate it all. God bless .
Cheers. smiley

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by obusuch(m): 2:10pm On Jan 06, 2020
Good day, please with a BSc in Building (3rd class) and PGD in civil engineering (upper credit) can I apply for a masters program in the UK? I graduated about 11years ago
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by omopapa: 2:24pm On Jan 06, 2020
Exactly my initial thought when I read ur post but nothing is impossible.

However, ur firm will definitely need to write an introduction letter to support the applicants stating how the training will benefit ur company and maybe Nigeria as a country.

Also it will be good to mention in the letter when they are expected back at work and if there’s further training or engagements waiting for them upon their return.

Your firm will have to issue them payslips and back date it to reflect their salaries except if the applicants have bank statements to prove this (as other applicants on here have used successfully)

Your firm will also have to show the financial state of the company (i.e cash flows and maybe expenses) to prove they are able to finance the trip.

The applicants on their own will increase their chances by showing ties to Nigeria like marriage, kids, aged parents who’s care depends solely on them, landed properties and any other ways to proof ur tie to Nigeria.

I hope these helps

fakmurphy:
Hi great people of this institution, @justwise et all. I'd like to seek some clarification on UK Visa application. By April, my firm is sending 2 staffs to London for a 2 days property investor show, the admission to the exhibition is free of charge so we're only paying the staffs (attendees) for flight, accommodation and feeding. So my questions; 1) What are the documents to be supplied by the firm. We usually pay staffs salaries into their accounts without payslips or tax deduction. 2) What are the documents to be supplied by the applicants themselves?. 3) Although we stand to gain a lot from the event but does the fact that the admission to show is free of charge raises an eyebrow from the embassy?.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jan 06, 2020
NIFES:
Hello house.
I got my passport back today with a 6 months validity Visa stamp after 2 previous rejections all thanks to God and experience gained from following this thread.
I have learnt so much on here and the travel section in general.
Thanks @Justwise and other gurus for the patience you take in answering our varying (and some times ridiculous) questions.
I appreciate it all. God bless .
Cheers. smiley
Congrats. When did you submit your application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by omopapa: 2:28pm On Jan 06, 2020
First of all wrong thread, this is where you want to direct your question

https://www.nairaland.com/2575449/uk-student-visa-tier-4/505

obusuch:
Good day, please with a BSc in Building (3rd class) and PGD in civil engineering (upper credit) can I apply for a masters program in the UK? I graduated about 11years ago
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by NIFES(f): 3:11pm On Jan 06, 2020
dilodavid:
Congrats. When did you submit your application?
10th December .

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (770)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.