Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,132 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (224) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1444590 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kunzzy4me(m): 9:16pm On Feb 23, 2020
Darvick:

You can’t use it, you need savings account. Business account is normally use to support application as source of income if self-employed, you have to get a savings account and be paying yourself salary and put your disposable income into your savings account for 6months, then you submit both your business and savings accounts

Bro that's not true ...I use my salary acct for my business too..with CAC and I was able to explain in details that I use my salary to receive payment from my other busines ..and my visa was granted

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 10:41pm On Feb 23, 2020
kunzzy4me:
Bro that's not true ...I use my salary acct for my business too..with CAC and I was able to explain in details that I use my salary to receive payment from my other busines ..and my visa was granted
. Boss but you didn’t get your visa on first attempt boss. Boss u also had issues with denial based on unexplained funds sir. What the poster is trying to point out is what he has seen here in majority of refusal letters.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by graceodini: 10:43pm On Feb 23, 2020
Cyberknight:

If you're an adult there is no reason why you would need a consent letter from your parents.

Am an adult. Just asked that so they will know I still have family members left in Nigeria when I travel.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oak202: 11:41pm On Feb 23, 2020
kunzzy4me:

I did the same thing for my first visa application and i was granted visa with CAC & personal account. Although i have another salary job as a state civil servant. I think if you are able to explain in details the transactions you wont have issues.
The truth is a good account will have a pattern that will truly show the consistencies of cash inflow. It doesnt really have to be high amount
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Darvick: 12:19am On Feb 24, 2020
kunzzy4me:

Oga calm down your case is different, the person didn’t say his salary is going into his business account, he said he wants to use business account.

There’s different between you are an employee/employer and your salary goes into your business account and you are self employed only with a business account.

ECO doesn’t appreciate you wanna use business money to finance Holiday trip reason they always wanna know how much savings someone is got.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Darvick: 12:26am On Feb 24, 2020
oak202:

I did the same thing for my first visa application and i was granted visa with CAC & personal account. Although i have another salary job as a state civil servant. I think if you are able to explain in details the transactions you wont have issues.
The truth is a good account will have a pattern that will truly show the consistencies of cash inflow. It doesnt really have to be high amount

Oga personal account can be savings or current account, why did you submit your personal account? You should have used your business account only.

The question was can he or she use business account, dont complicate the whole thing by comparing it to yours. Whereas you submitted your personal account as you claimed

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Miss52: 6:35am On Feb 24, 2020
Good morning house
Please I have a couple of questions and I would really appreciate answers from all an sundry..
I am applying for visit visa for my mom and siblings, they've all visited the uk before now hence, it's a renewal.
1. There's no option for family application, how do I link the 3 applications?
2. My uncle is inviting and sponsoring them and he has sent all required documents, the information in the invitation letter implied that they are coming as a family.
3. My brother is 17yrs old, can he travel alone provided we state my uncle will pick him up from the airport and also make arrangements with the airline?
4. Since they'll likely be applying individually, does my 17yr old brother or 20yr old sister in 400L need to attach their bank statements? My uncle is sponsoring fully. Also, I'm attaching a consent letter from my parents stating all these.
5. Since it's a fully sponsored trip, do I need to add dependants on my mom's profile?
6. What documents should i upload for my sister in 400level
7. My brother has jamb form that he just obtained, is that ok or what else should I add

Please bear in mind that my brother has been granted 6 months visa twice and my sister once so they are both applying for 2yrs now and my mom has had 6months/2yrs so she wants 5yrs now.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oak202: 7:24am On Feb 24, 2020
Darvick:

Oga personal account can be savings or current account, why did you submit your personal account? You should have used your business account only.

The question was can he or she use business account, dont complicate the whole thing by comparing it to yours. Whereas you submitted your personal account as you claimed

I understand you bro, ECO frowns at people using business account for personal trip. Maybe i didnt get the gist well.
Thanks for the clarification.

The way out is for him to wait and pays himself monthly salary to his personal account from his business account . With this he is good to go

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by MT: 9:55am On Feb 24, 2020
Sweetypie:

Did your relative pay for SMS service because it could be the reason they were not contacted. You can as well track the application

He got the email today saying the passport is ready for collection since dec 23. Anyway he has lost all hope already because the conference he was to attend had passed since Jan 30. He is wearied already and lean more on the negative....smiles
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by BossFingy(m): 10:41am On Feb 24, 2020
MT:

He got the email today saying the passport is ready for collection since dec 23. Anyway he has lost all hope already because the conference he was to attend had passed since Jan 30. He is wearied already and lean more on the negative....smiles
So after this long wait, what's the outcome?? Mine is now approaching two months...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by whytho: 12:42pm On Feb 24, 2020
Has anyone gone through the process of replacing a lost Nigerian passport in the UK?

I am British with dual nationality and I need to replace my Nigerian passport that I lost

On picture attachment 1, number xii. states that if I meet the listed requirements, I should ‘Click Here’, which takes me to this website:

https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/

Once I get to this website, under the ‘passport’ header I select ‘Apply for reissue of lost/stolen or damaged passport’ and this takes me to an online application form. My issue is that the application form reads as though it is meant for people applying from NIGERIA and not the UK

For example, in picture attachment number 2, the only option to choose for ‘processing country’ is Nigeria. Also, when I went further down the application process and it was time to pay, it was going to charge me in Naira

I don’t want to pay and then realise I have paid for the wrong application. Maybe it is just me but I am not finding their website that clear, I know I am supposed to bring the stuff listed in picture attachment 1 from numbers i. to xii.

But from numbers xiii. to xv. which application am I supposed to submit to get these documents?

Any help would be very appreciated, I am very desperate. Thank you

Cc justwise

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by CeceNene(f): 1:19pm On Feb 24, 2020
Good afternoon gurus, please am trying to fill another form so I want to know if I'll still use same login details like the first one.

I used an agent before and the guy did wonders so I want to apply again by myself. Thanks in advance gurus.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by CeceNene(f): 2:11pm On Feb 24, 2020
CeceNene:
Good afternoon gurus, please am trying to fill another form so I want to know if I'll still use same login details like the first one.

I used an agent before and the guy did wonders so I want to apply again by myself. Thanks in advance gurus.

@justwise
@giselle237 and other gurus in the house kindly reply me and thanks once again
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Darvick: 2:46pm On Feb 24, 2020
CeceNene:

@justwise
@giselle237 and other gurus in the house kindly reply me and thanks once again

You have to register and create another account, you do that every time you wanna re-apply
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by CeceNene(f): 3:08pm On Feb 24, 2020
Darvick:

You have to register and create another account, you do that every time you wanna re-apply

Thanks alot

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Eilenora: 3:13pm On Feb 24, 2020
Hi All,

Pls can someone break down the VI visa fees for me cos i dont quite understand how my account was billed: i paid for prime time, 5 days processing, sms, assisted service, user pay.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Eilenora: 5:03pm On Feb 24, 2020
never mind. figured it out.

Eilenora:
Hi All,

Pls can someone break down the VI visa fees for me cos i dont quite understand how my account was billed: i paid for prime time, 5 days processing, sms, assisted service, user pay.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by anabor: 5:05pm On Feb 24, 2020
Good evening gurus in the house, is it possible for a business owner to be issued a tourist visa without submitting a Tax clearance certificate/record?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dotunfelix1: 5:06pm On Feb 24, 2020
Hope it's more than 6month ?
CeceNene:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Darvick: 6:57pm On Feb 24, 2020
anabor:
Good evening gurus in the house, is it possible for a business owner to be issued a tourist visa without submitting a Tax clearance certificate/record?

It’s possible, Some ECOs are very strict and some would just ignore.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by jokeydamson(f): 7:23pm On Feb 24, 2020
Darvick:

Well it’s possible either he or she wants to help you to fill and submit the form online or give it to an agent, either way you have to be the one to still submit your completed application and docs yourself

TBH you need more than BC/passport copy to apply, guess he or she trying to arrange docs for u though.

In conclusion, you are at great risk. Thank for your response
Please what risk are you talking about

Tell your friend to send her supporting docs and invite to you, gather your own docs here, fill the form online and book appointment to submit.
He's actually my fiance, and he said he will process everything from there

Gurus here can help you to go through everything
but if I can persuade him what documents are needed and what documents am I to prepare for...thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Miss52: 7:32pm On Feb 24, 2020
@justwise
@giselle237
Please assist
Good morning house
Please I have a couple of questions and I would really appreciate answers from all an sundry..
I am applying for visit visa for my mom and siblings, they've all visited the uk before now hence, it's a renewal.
1. There's no option for family application, how do I link the 3 applications?
2. My uncle is inviting and sponsoring them and he has sent all required documents, the information in the invitation letter implied that they are coming as a family.
3. My brother is 17yrs old, can he travel alone provided we state my uncle will pick him up from the airport and also make arrangements with the airline?
4. Since they'll likely be applying individually, does my 17yr old brother or 20yr old sister in 400L need to attach their bank statements? My uncle is sponsoring fully. Also, I'm attaching a consent letter from my parents stating all these.
5. Since it's a fully sponsored trip, do I need to add dependants on my mom's profile?
6. What documents should i upload for my sister in 400level
7. My brother has jamb form that he just obtained, is that ok or what else should I add

Please bear in mind that my brother has been granted 6 months visa twice and my sister once so they are both applying for 2yrs now and my mom has had 6months/2yrs so she wants 5yrs now.

[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by jokeydamson(f): 7:40pm On Feb 24, 2020
[quote author=Darvick post=86890206]

Well it’s possible either he or she wants to help you to fill and submit the form online or give it to an agent, either way you have to be the one to still submit your completed application and docs yourself

TBH you need more than BC/passport copy to apply, guess he or she trying to arrange docs for u though.

In conclusion, you are at great risk.

Tell your friend to send her supporting docs and invite to you, gather your own docs here, fill the form online and book appointment to submit.

Gurus here can help you to go through everything [/qu thanks for your response, pls how am I at great risk and what are the supporting documents I need from him and what am I to prepare for.....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by jokeydamson(f): 7:43pm On Feb 24, 2020
Cyberknight:

I would assume that the bolded means your friend is planning to take care of the form-filling and document uploading to the visa website either himself or through a third party, while all you have to do is to show up to have your biometrics taken.

Understand that you need to provide more documents than just a copy of your passport (and your birth certificate is not needed at all unless you are trying to evidence a family relationship), ranging from documents to prove your financial standing (bank statements and the like) and others to prove your social standing and ties to Nigeria (such as evidence of employment, schooling, retirement, etc.) as well as other supporting documents and if he is not asking you for those it means that he is either not going to present them in which case your application will fail or he is going to forge them in your name and on your behalf, which will do you long-term damage.

Advice: if you want to go to the UK, handle the process yourself.
long term damage waoh, kindly put me through the more.....he's my fiance and he is sponsoring everything
What am I supposed to do now
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by afroman23: 8:01pm On Feb 24, 2020
Hello everyone,

Nairaland has helped me in the past while trying to get a UK student visa for myself, so I'm here for an advise concerning my brother who wants to come to the UK with a visiting visa to attend my wedding.

Here is the background of the whole situation.

My brother first applied for UK visiting visa in 2008 to visit our mother (who is a British Citizen) and he was refused even though he was studying at the time in Nigeria.

He applied again for UK visiting visa in 2012, and he was again refused stating reasons for the refusal was because he does not have any ties back in Nigeria but then he was doing his Youth Service.

In 2017, our mother thought it was best for him to come for his Masters in the UK. Unfortunately, he was again refused on grounds that he was not a genuine student.
We challenged the UKVI's decision via a Judicial Review through a dodgy Nigerian lawyer and the appeal was refused.

So back to my main reason for coming to this great forum.
My wedding will be in April 2020 and I will like my brother to be at my wedding in the UK. I will also be providing my wedding invite to him for his application.

He had started working in November 2019 and by the time he will be applying he would have only spent 5 Months in his present employment.
Either my mum or myself will be sending him an invitation letter and accommodation will not be a problem for him likewise financial sustainability.

So I just want an advise from the good people in this forum what are my brother's chances of getting a visiting visa if he put in an application around 2nd of April 2020.

Can someone please advice me on this.

@justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by graceodini: 9:15pm On Feb 24, 2020
afroman23:
Hello everyone,

Nairaland has helped me in the past while trying to get a UK student visa for myself, so I'm here for an advise concerning my brother who wants to come to the UK with a visiting visa to attend my wedding.

My brother first applied for UK visiting visa in 2008 to visit our mother (who is a British Citizen) and he was refused even though he was studying at the time in Nigeria.

He applied again for UK visiting visa in 2012, and he was again refused stating reasons for the refusal was because he does not have any ties back in Nigeria but then he was doing his Youth Service.

In 2017, our mother thought it was best for him to come for his Masters in the UK. Unfortunately, he was again refused on grounds that he was not a genuine student.
We challenged the UKVI's decision via a Judicial Review through a dodgy Nigerian lawyer and the appeal was refused.

My wedding will be in April 2020 and I will like my brother to be at my wedding in the UK. I will also be providing my wedding invite to him for his application.

He had started working in November 2019 and by the time he will be applying he would have only spent 5 Months in his present employment.
Either my mum or myself will be sending him an invitation letter and accommodation will not be a problem for him likewise financial sustainability.

So I just want an advise from the good people in this forum what are my brother's chances of getting a visiting visa if he put in an application around 2nd of April 2020.

@justwise

How much is ur brother's salary ?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 9:41pm On Feb 24, 2020
afroman23:
Hello everyone,

@justwise

He needs to apply this month or early March

What is his take home income from the job?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 9:43pm On Feb 24, 2020
whytho:
Has anyone gone through the process of replacing a lost Nigerian passport in the UK?

I am British with dual nationality and I need to replace my Nigerian passport that I lost

On picture attachment 1, number xii. states that if I meet the listed requirements, I should ‘Click Here’, which takes me to this website:

https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/

Once I get to this website, under the ‘passport’ header I select ‘Apply for reissue of lost/stolen or damaged passport’ and this takes me to an online application form. My issue is that the application form reads as though it is meant for people applying from NIGERIA and not the UK

For example, in picture attachment number 2, the only option to choose for ‘processing country’ is Nigeria. Also, when I went further down the application process and it was time to pay, it was going to charge me in Naira

I don’t want to pay and then realise I have paid for the wrong application. Maybe it is just me but I am not finding their website that clear, I know I am supposed to bring the stuff listed in picture attachment 1 from numbers i. to xii.

But from numbers xiii. to xv. which application am I supposed to submit to get these documents?

Any help would be very appreciated, I am very desperate. Thank you

Cc justwise

Years ago when i applied the website is like that
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ntyce(m): 10:33pm On Feb 24, 2020
afroman23:
Hello everyone,

@justwise

My response is for him to strengthen his ties to Nigeria...
Marriage, good job, investments

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Darvick: 10:57pm On Feb 24, 2020
afroman23:
Hello everyone,

@justwise

There are three things working against your brother

Firstly, he’s got family tie in UK
Secondly, he has no family ties in Nigeria
His financial social and economic tie to Nigeria isn’t strong. He just started work, allow a year work for him with savings. It would be of advantage if he’s got family tie in Nigeria, these people are very strict to issue visa these days. I know you want to use your wedding as opportunity for him, the fact your mum and you giving support towards his application would weaken his strong financial social economic ties in Nigeria. First thing that the ECO would think of is if he decided to stay in UK, you two are there to support him. Well nothing is impossible, follow the docs requirements and he should reapply

He needs to work on the 3things listed above, he can’t do anything about the first one though but can work on the other two.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 4:38am On Feb 25, 2020
@miss52
Everyone has to fill a form ... all separate applications and all separate visa fees to be paid.. if they want to show that they travelling together then in the part of their forms when it’s asked, they should all write each other’s name in such section in the application form.
Everyone’s bank account will be assessed even the students amongst dem. The visa officer just always wants to have an idea of each applicant’s financial situation at home even tho ur uncle will sponsor.
As for your brother that has just jamb form he is likely to be denied if he can’t show any existing ties to Nigeria that will make sure he comes back. As for ur sister read up this thread for information students shud attach to prove their ties that they will surely be coming back. The list is extensive
Finally everyone at least should be able to show proof of relationship to that uncle through pictures, family tree diagram, whatsapp, email messages, call history etc.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 4:43am On Feb 25, 2020
@afroman how much is your brother’s salary and how much does he have as account balance? Any investment/property:asset.? Any wife or children?
Try and answer us.
Your greatest hurdle is proving that this is not an avenue for him to settle in the uk as his ties to Nigeria are lesser. The visa denials history shud already give you an idea as to how the ECOs have been thinking

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.