Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,749 members, 7,813,459 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:35 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (279) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1441343 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dubaiprince: 5:06pm On Aug 09, 2020
Good day everyone.

Please considering the review of limits on naira debit and credit cards for international online transactions (some as low as $400 per month). What other way(s) can one use to make payment for visa fees and IHS surcharge.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Godsblessings: 5:22pm On Aug 09, 2020
Symbae:

Yes, application is open for all visa categories. You can submit your biometrics at any tlscontact centre in Nigeria after booking an appointment. For the visa fee check the gov.uk website for the category you wish to apply under
good thanks for your valuable response . Can anyone please give update on the success rate of tourist applications due to this covid pandemic challenges especially in UK .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Godsblessings: 5:22pm On Aug 09, 2020
Can anyone please give update on the success rate of tourist visa applications due to this covid 19 pandemic challenges especially in UK .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by OBYNOWEST12(m): 5:28pm On Aug 09, 2020
Please house, I need an advice. Am a healthcare professional. I want to make enquiry concerning this 3 Counties. Which place is good to live and start up a family as a new immigrant to UK? Things on the Cost of living, job opportunities and bring up children and training them in school.

The counties are, London (Camden town)
Surrey ( Guildford ) and Warwickshire (Warwick)

Please I need ur advice..

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Miztea(f): 5:52pm On Aug 09, 2020
Hi all.
Please I need some advice. I am on a tier 2 visa at the moment which will get me 2022 and thereafter will be extended until I get my ILR.

i would like to file for my younger sister who is 15yrs at the moment to be my dependant before she turns 18yrs. The idea is that she gets to be my dependant so that when I get my settlement settlement status she can also get the same as well and she can start her uni education/career as soon as she is done with secondary school.

I am single and I'm 26 and the first child of my mum. And I would love to achieve this aim before getting married.

My question is, is this possible and if yes, how do I approach this.

Your contributions will be much appreciated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Bourne007(m): 6:56pm On Aug 09, 2020
I'm afraid 'sister' doesn't qualify as ones dependant.

"To qualify as a dependent you must be the spouse, unmarried, or civil partner of the sponsor. Children under the age of 18 years can also accompany the sponsor to the UK as the sponsor's dependents."

Miztea:
Hi all.
Please I need some advice. I am on a tier 2 visa at the moment which will get me 2022 and thereafter will be extended until I get my ILR.

i would like to file for my younger sister who is 15yrs at the moment to be my dependant before she turns 18yrs. The idea is that she gets to be my dependant so that when I get my settlement settlement status she can also get the same as well and she can start her uni education/career as soon as she is done with secondary school.

I am single and I'm 26 and the first child of my mum. And I would love to achieve this aim before getting married.

My question is, is this possible and if yes, how do I approach this.

Your contributions will be much appreciated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Bembe081: 7:10pm On Aug 09, 2020
Bembe081:
Hello fam,
has anyone been able to book appointment date for biometrics for tls Ikeja or ? I've been trying for two days nothing is coming up...
Please I will appreciate a quick response or any other option to go about it... Or any one have their contact number,.. The appointment is for my kids in Nigeria.
Thanks. ��

Hello great minds, I am back again ooo, I still don't get to book appointment yet since on 4th of August having submitted the application online....

*Do anyone know anything about walk-in appointment? I have seen it on other country tls.
*Has anyone get appointment other than online booking?
*Is anyone close to ikeja who can help me make enquiries on how to get appointments apart from the never available online appointments
*Do they allow people into the TLS contact ikeja building if I need to make enquiries, I am thinking of sending my brother to(tls) etiebets in ikeja as I can't find any means to contact them.... MY Brother Is not In Lagos,he Lives IN OGUN STATE and I want to be sure if they allow people to go in for enquiries ...
this is frustrating...... Its killing me...I am so anxious. ��
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Darosa23: 7:16pm On Aug 09, 2020
Depend on the kind of job you get. If you got band 6 job London is good.. But if is band 5 or 6 job Surrey is suitable for both band.. But if you want to save more money Warwickshire is good.

OBYNOWEST12:
Please house, I need an advice. Am a healthcare professional. I want to make enquiry concerning this 3 Counties. Which place is good to live and start up a family as a new immigrant to UK? Things on the Cost of living, job opportunities and bring up children and training them in school.

The counties are, London (Camden town)
Surrey ( Guildford ) and Warwickshire (Warwick)

Please I need ur advice..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ibromoney: 9:39pm On Aug 09, 2020
Is there walk-in without appointment in TLS? How much please?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oyin000000: 11:09pm On Aug 09, 2020
Ameey:
Keep My Passport When Applying

This service allows you to keep your passport the maximum possible time during the visa decision process.

The basic points of this service are:
1, you still need to bring your passport to your appointment, but it will be given back to you before you leave the Visa Application Centre.
2, once the decision of your visa application has been made by the UK Visas and Immigration, you will be notified by email, then you need to provide your passport to the Visa Application Centre (by post or in person) within 28 days. If you don’t provide your passport within this timeframe, your visa application will be refused.
3, once received, we aim to complete the application and return your passport within 7 calendar days.

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ibromoney: 11:42pm On Aug 09, 2020
justwise
Ibromoney:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Magnifque01: 11:52pm On Aug 09, 2020
dubaiprince:
Good day everyone.

Please considering the review of limits on naira debit and credit cards for international online transactions (some as low as $400 per month). What other way(s) can one use to make payment for visa fees and IHS surcharge.

I will advise you get a "dollar card" , it's kinda limitless
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kunzzy4me(m): 3:20am On Aug 10, 2020
Ibromoney:

The last time I did a walk in...it's was 42k...no cash ..it's via ur atm...@ikeja
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by geli12: 5:51am On Aug 10, 2020
@ kunzzy4me...did you book appointment but decided to walk in at a closer date or you didn't book appointment atall then walked in any day you wanted...have paid for the application but I haven't booked appointment, no closer date..
Thanks.

@kequote author=kunzzy4me post=92648648]

The last time I did a walk in...it's was 42k...no cash ..it's via ur atm...@ikeja[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by OBYNOWEST12(m): 6:36am On Aug 10, 2020
Thanks alot. London is band 5. But you know that band 5 job in London is like band 6 pay range in other cities..

Another question, How is job opportunities like in those cities like someone who is not in healthcare sector but in business administration sector?

Darosa23:
Depend on the kind of job you get. If you got band 6 job London is good.. But if is band 5 or 6 job Surrey is suitable for both band.. But if you want to save more money Warwickshire is good.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ibromoney: 6:43am On Aug 10, 2020
Thanks. When was that? I just want to know if it hasn't been suspended like priority and super priority.

kunzzy4me:

The last time I did a walk in...it's was 42k...no cash ..it's via ur atm...@ikeja
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kwell(m): 11:10am On Aug 10, 2020
symbae
kcfastshooter

I was at TLS to submit my passport for replacement of visa vignette but they insist I have to include a reply mail from UKVI that the passport will not be collected without that. Unfortunately I haven’t received any reply after a month of sending a mail to the CIH@homeoffice mail. Did you have a similar problem?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Flexvilla: 11:15am On Aug 10, 2020
No I didn’t receive any email. I just walked in on 28th July and submitted my passport. Did u receive any email?

Symbae:

No news yet for nigeria but seems the SA folks who submitted 13th July are getting it back now. Let's anticipate next week but I doubt it though. Did you receive any email from visa shefo to submit passport within 21days7
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Symbae: 12:42pm On Aug 10, 2020
kwell:
symbae
kcfastshooter

I was at TLS to submit my passport for replacement of visa vignette but they insist I have to include a reply mail from UKVI that the passport will not be collected without that. Unfortunately I haven’t received any reply after a month of sending a mail to the CIH@homeoffice mail. Did you have a similar problem?

That's new, I walked in as well at ikeja office to submit passport without any reply email from cih. They only requested 2 photocopies of data and visa page.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Symbae: 12:43pm On Aug 10, 2020
Flexvilla:
No I didn’t receive any email. I just walked in on 28th July and submitted my passport. Did u receive any email?

Not yet but some people received after submission.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ameey: 2:54pm On Aug 10, 2020
Hello, please has your application been transferred to VAC now? Since you said a decision has been made on it.

moskito36:
I did my biometric 3rd March (Tier-2) tracking is still showing application with DMC, I had to escalate with UKVI last week. I hope they act fast sha... E be like say na Cotonou flights sure pass.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by famzynet: 4:13pm On Aug 10, 2020
Please anyone that has used the Cotonou route should enlighten us how to cross the border.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Safiguy4u: 4:47pm On Aug 10, 2020
dubaiprince:
Good day everyone.

When u get to payment page, click on d last payment option which is Paga Verve, it will direct u to make payment tru ur bank or ur naija Mastercard card in naira, u can pay tru there.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by moskito36(m): 4:52pm On Aug 10, 2020
I don't think so.. An escalated mail sent to me said I should get my passport within 15 working days. Today is day 6... Still waiting..
Ameey:
Hello, please has your application been transferred to VAC now? Since you said a decision has been made on it.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by geli12: 4:58pm On Aug 10, 2020
Please oo, someone who has done walk in should please help....should I book appointment irrespective of how far it is but walk in any time this week for biometrics and pay the necessary fee or I should not book appointment atall, please help a sister someone, anyone pls
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dubaiprince: 6:55pm On Aug 10, 2020
Safiguy4u:

When u get to payment page, click on d last payment option which is Paga Verve, it will direct u to make payment tru ur bank or ur naija Mastercard card in naira, u can pay tru there.

Thanks. I will look out for this
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Abeingal23: 7:25pm On Aug 10, 2020
My brother the story is now different from Cotonou route
famzynet:
Please anyone that has used the Cotonou route should enlighten us how to cross the border.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Abeingal23: 7:33pm On Aug 10, 2020
Is a simple procedure.. Book appointment with TLS of normal service.. Either self-service or assisted service to any available date you got. It does mean anything.. Then you print the confirmatory email sent to you by TLS. Any day that suite you from the next day you booked the appointment you can go to TLS office.. Speak to them at the gate that you went to do walk.. You will attended to, so far you have your extra 42k to pay them.. But if you're on tier 5 or students visa they will not attend to you.. They'll ask you to hold on.. Best wishes!
geli12:

Please oo, someone who has done walk in should please help....should I book appointment irrespective of how far it is but walk in any time this week for biometrics and pay the necessary fee or I should not book appointment atall, please help a sister someone, anyone pls

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by geli12: 7:34pm On Aug 10, 2020
Pls help with This, it's urgent

geli12:

(1) (2) (3) ... (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.