Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,935 members, 7,835,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (282) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1454942 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by RAOS: 4:10pm On Aug 12, 2020
Have you guys tried VI? I heard there are available dates for August (prime time though) if your try in the midnight sha.

geli12:
Good day everyone...i have asking of how to book appointment, I got a lot of response, thanks everyone for d response , I decided to go to Tls contact at Ikeja to find out what is going on, d response is that dates are not available for now until October, even walk in is not sure, there were about a hundred people yesterday for walk in but they were declined, asked to come today, they came today, only 14 people were taken in, from there explanation, they ain't sure when next to accept walk in, so appointment is a very serious issue now at Ikeja centre, someone suggested that I should go to Abuja, my advice is if u have not chosen Ikeja yet, better choose another centre..as I was leaving, some guys there were asking me to allow them book appointment for me 4 a fee, I asked them How, they said it's an insider thing..i think there is a big issue there, meanwhile they now open on Tuesdays and Thursdays.. I hope this is helpful to someone...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by gracedforever: 4:56pm On Aug 12, 2020
RAOS:
Have you guys tried VI? I heard there are available dates for August (prime time though) if your try in the midnight sha.

Hello. What do you mean by prime time please?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Flexvilla: 5:06pm On Aug 12, 2020
I just called Ethiopian Airlines after seeing a post from someone saying they are organizing evacuation flights to US on 13th and 21st August. Ethiopian confirmed it is true and said that anyone with UK visa can join too however the price is prohibitive- N654,000 for economy.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by geli12: 5:33pm On Aug 12, 2020
Everyone one who hasn't booked appointment yet should try now, I just booked right now but it's self service, it's better than not having appointment atall.....pls I need help on how to scan d documents myself, my centre is ikeja
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Rheminix(m): 5:43pm On Aug 12, 2020
geli12:
Everyone one who hasn't booked appointment yet should try now, I just booked right now but it's self service, it's better than not having appointment atall.....pls I need help on how to scan d documents myself, my centre is ikeja
No need u can switch to assisted service, on the day of your appointment, just go there with the print-out (ur self service )of ur appointment, and they will request that u pay a fee of 11,500 naira to immediately switch to assisted service
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by LoyalRoyalty: 6:00pm On Aug 12, 2020
geli12:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by geli12: 6:09pm On Aug 12, 2020
Rheminix:
No need u can switch to assisted service, on the day of your appointment, just go there with the print-out (ur self service )of ur appointment, and they will request that u pay a fee of 11,500 naira to immediately switch to assisted service

Are you serious, that's great, thanks..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Cerebrae(m): 6:20pm On Aug 12, 2020
Hi guys, i have someone who has Msc Political Science and wishes to work in the UK. What are the options available in terms of getting an employment.
Thanks in anticipation of your kind responses?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Flexvilla: 6:37pm On Aug 12, 2020
Please has anyone who applied for replacement visa gotten it?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kcfastshooter(m): 6:55pm On Aug 12, 2020
famzynet:

This can be distressing. Probably a misunderstanding on the part of the ECO. Things like this sometimes happen. You will need to get more documents from the main applicant to convince them that the program is till 2022. Probably a recent letter from the school.
I submitted the applicant CAS letter and the end date is there 2022
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Passsegun: 7:19pm On Aug 12, 2020
@geli

Am yet to be able to book appointment. Please can you state how you went about it.

Please I need your guide.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Tuoma: 7:48pm On Aug 12, 2020
Good evening,
Any update on Visa applications/vignette replacement submitted July?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Symbae: 7:54pm On Aug 12, 2020
Tuoma:
Good evening,
Any update on Visa applications/vignette replacement submitted July?

None for vignette replacements, apparently they now work 2 days per week. Keep us posted if there's any update from your end
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Tuoma: 8:00pm On Aug 12, 2020
Symbae:

None for vignette replacements, apparently they now work 2 days per week. Keep us posted if there's any update from your end

Thanks
I'd do just that
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by geli12: 8:53pm On Aug 12, 2020
Passsegun:
@geli

Am yet to be able to book appointment. Please can you state how you went about it.

Please I need your guide.

Ikeja is my centre....i tried assisted service, no atall in August and September..then I decided to try self service and I saw dates next week..so I clicked on each, it asked if I wanted premium lounge, I clicked no thanks, it took me to checkout..them I got a mail on the appointment date..hope it's useful
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by davodyguy: 8:55pm On Aug 12, 2020
Hello guys

For those whose visas will expire by September ending, 2020 what will happen if the Nigerian government is yet to open internal air space for travel before then?

Do reapply or they may likely extend visa validity till the end of the year?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by davodyguy: 9:01pm On Aug 12, 2020
Flexvilla:
I just called Ethiopian Airlines after seeing a post from someone saying they are organizing evacuation flights to US on 13th and 21st August. Ethiopian confirmed it is true and said that anyone with UK visa can join too however the price is prohibitive- N654,000 for economy.
Kilode?

The FG needs to open international air space soon, this exploitation needs to end
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by famzynet: 9:49pm On Aug 12, 2020
Flexvilla:
Ha! That price is outrageous. Let us hope cheaper options will come up.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Passsegun: 10:01pm On Aug 12, 2020
@Geli12 thanks so much, your input was indeed helpful. I have been able to book appointment as well for next month.

But please can anyone shed light on whether I can use walk in appointment notwithstanding that my appointment is for September.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ashirioluwa: 10:51pm On Aug 12, 2020
geli12:

Are you serious, that's great, thanks..
Why paying when you can do it yourself
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by geli12: 11:11pm On Aug 12, 2020
Passsegun:
@Geli12 thanks so much, your input was indeed helpful. I have been able to book appointment as well for next month.

But please can anyone shed light on whether I can use walk in appointment notwithstanding that my appointment is for September.

U 're welcome...yes u can walk in any day and time u like but d issue is that a lot of people wants to walk in, like at Ikeja, over 100 wanted to walk in yesterday, they were asked to come today, only for them to taķe only 14 and asked the rest to come next Wednesday, so walk in is no longer guaranteed...where is ur centre?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by geli12: 11:14pm On Aug 12, 2020
Ashirioluwa:

Why paying when you can do it yourself

How pls, I need help here
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Fancytgirl: 11:33pm On Aug 12, 2020
[quote author=ugosimba post=92740597][/quote] please what app and services did you use
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Passsegun: 11:36pm On Aug 12, 2020
@geli12 my center is at Ikeja. so I would love to know whether I can pay for the walk in when I get there by cash or I have to use my master card.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by geli12: 11:38pm On Aug 12, 2020
Passsegun:
@geli12 my center is at Ikeja. so I would love to know whether I can pay for the walk in when I get there by cash or I have to use my master card.

Yes, with ur card..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 6:19am On Aug 13, 2020
geli12:

How pls, I need help here
Log back in to your appointment place.
Just beside where u have the appointment confirmation and where it asks if u want to cancel the appointment is another selection button... it is written upload.
Click on it and it wud take u to where u can upload ur documents.
Download any scanner on ur mobile phone from ur app store or playstore, then use the scanner to scan the documents and then send to ur laptop. Scanning with mobile phone just requires u to hold ur normal phone camera over the document, use good lighting source, steady ur hands and then snap away..

The documents will show u what it snapped, u can then crop out the edges if u have unwanted elements there and then SAVE the document.
Voila u are good to go.

Do this for every paper file u want the ECO to see.

Then upload the documents to each segment, u will see it as it’s written there, For example if you snap/scan ur bank statement, u can go to financial evidence and upload it immediately... then go back to continue scanning other documents u have.
U dont have to finish all at one sitting.
U can continue later in d day or anytime u have more documents, but ideally should finish all at least 24 hours to biometrics time..
One time I finished 6am of my appointment date and then submitted electronically. it was less than the stipulated 24hrs.
Just make sure to finish submitting all u want before going in to click the actual SUBMIT button.
the sections for upload i cnt remember all but some include :
Financial evidence
Residency evidence
Family evidence
Like that and so on.
U can use ur phone for all, if it will be easier for u to upload that way.

And if you successfully do it urself, u dont have to pack all ur physical papers again to TLS on ur appointment date.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by geli12: 8:26am On Aug 13, 2020
giselle237:

Just beside where u have the appointment confirmation and where it asks if u want to cancel the appointment is another selection button... it is written upload.
Download any scanner on ur mobile phone from ur app store or playstore, then use the scanner to scan the documents and then send to ur laptop. Scanning with mobile phone just requires u to hold ur normal phone camera over the document, use good lighting source, steady ur hands and then snap away..

The documents will show u what it snapped, u can then crop out the edges if u have unwanted elements there and then SAVE the document.
Voila u are good to go.

Then upload the documents to each segment, u will see it as it’s written there, For example if you snap/scan ur bank statement, u can go to financial evidence and upload it immediately... then go back to continue scanning other documents u have.
U can continue later in d day or anytime u have more documents, but ideally should finish all at least 24 hours to biometrics time..
One time I finished 6am of my appointment date and then submitted electronically. it was less than the stipulated 24hrs.
Just make sure to finish submitting all u want before going in to click the actual SUBMIT button.
Financial evidence
Residency evidence
Family evidence
Like that and so on.

And if you successfully do it urself, u dont have to pack all ur physical papers again to TLS on ur appointment date.

Oh my goodness, thank you so so much, well explained and easy step. GOD bless you ma
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by luvlycutebay(f): 8:41am On Aug 13, 2020
I recommend you download CAM SCANNER from Google play store.
clear and effectives

giselle237:

Voila u are good to go.

Financial evidence
Residency evidence
Family evidence
Like that and so on.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by geli12: 10:02am On Aug 13, 2020
giselle237:

Voila u are good to go.

Financial evidence
Residency evidence
Family evidence
Like that and so on.

Should I scan the printed application form and the checklist ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by geli12: 10:03am On Aug 13, 2020
luvlycutebay:
I recommend you download CAM SCANNER from Google play store.
clear and effectives

Ok, thank you Ma

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Passsegun: 11:08am On Aug 13, 2020
Good morning great minds. All inputs here has been so helpful.

Who has any information on the possibility of doing walk in interview at ikeja today.

Is it possible i go there tomorrow and get it done too?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Tuoma: 11:39am On Aug 13, 2020
Passsegun:
Good morning great minds. All inputs here has been so helpful.

Who has any information on the possibility of doing walk in interview at ikeja today.

Is it possible i go there tomorrow and get it done too?

The new opening days are Tuesdays and Thursdays

(1) (2) (3) ... (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) ... (770)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.