Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,493 members, 7,816,167 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (310) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1443914 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ameey: 12:25pm On Sep 01, 2020
Please do you have any idea about how one can schedule an appointment to visit British deputy high commission? It's been about 6 months since I made an application and a decision has been made with no feedback.

mimilyrics:
In some cases, it takes one week and in others, it takes longer.

Sometimes you don't even get it till you go to the BHC. I don't know if you can just go to the BHC now because of the Covid-19 situation.
Case in point, for one overturned refusal, the passport wasn't returned to TLS within the normal expected timescales and it was only handed over by the BDHC after 2 visits. On the 1st visit, the applicant was asked to contact UKVI by the security guys but on the 2nd visit, the applicant was allowed in after stating that Sheffield redirected to the BDHC even though it wasn't exactly stated in plain terms.

Upon receiving the passport, it showed that the visa had been issued like 2 weeks back but had expired because it had a 1-day validity; this had to be reprinted and it took roughly 1 hour.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Steelbangz: 12:27pm On Sep 01, 2020
Thank you so Much.
Would I be able to get the passport at the BHC if I go there?
mimilyrics:
In some cases, it takes one week and in others, it takes longer.

Sometimes you don't even get it till you go to the BHC. I don't know if you can just go to the BHC now because of the Covid-19 situation.
Case in point, for one overturned refusal, the passport wasn't returned to TLS within the normal expected timescales and it was only handed over by the BDHC after 2 visits. On the 1st visit, the applicant was asked to contact UKVI by the security guys but on the 2nd visit, the applicant was allowed in after stating that Sheffield redirected to the BDHC even though it wasn't exactly stated in plain terms.

Upon receiving the passport, it showed that the visa had been issued like 2 weeks back but had expired because it had a 1-day validity; this had to be reprinted and it took roughly 1 hour.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mimilyrics: 12:42pm On Sep 01, 2020
I'm not sure about what's obtainable during these Covid-19 times but you stand a chance. Just go with the decision to overturn your refusal + your passport photocopy and tell the security guys that Sheffield has made a decision and redirected you to the BDHC. The security guy will take your paper in to consult with whoever they need to consult with and you might be allowed to enter while you wait to collect your passport. This might or might not work on your 1st visit.
Steelbangz:
Thank you so Much.
Would I be able to get the passport at the BHC if I go there?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mimilyrics: 12:44pm On Sep 01, 2020
No appointments required. Just turn up with the necessary documentation and you just might get your passport. Be nice to the security guys though as they might be able to help you present your case in a way that would allow your case to be treated.

Ps: note that the situation I cited was for an overturned refusal, not for a situation where the passport hasn't been returned after the initial application.

Ameey:
Please do you have any idea about how one can schedule an appointment to visit British deputy high commission? It's been about 6 months since I made an application and a decision has been made with no feedback.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Steelbangz: 12:48pm On Sep 01, 2020
Thank you so much.
I would try that tommorow.
mimilyrics:
I'm not sure about what's obtainable during these Covid-19 times but you stand a chance. Just go with the decision to overturn your refusal + your passport photocopy and tell the security guys that Sheffield has made a decision and redirected you to the BDHC. The security guy will take your paper in to consult with whoever they need to consult with and you might be allowed to enter while you wait to collect your passport. This might or might not work on your 1st visit.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by beckycute1: 12:52pm On Sep 01, 2020
Hi guys,

Any pre covid ( March) tourist application yet to receive their passport/Visa?
I feel like I'm the only one left. Went to the TLS office and they confirmed they dont have it yet.
Pls can i just visit the BHC office cos i really do need mt passport back.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by moskito36(m): 1:06pm On Sep 01, 2020
We are in the same boat.
I applied 3rd March and I'm expecting my passport.

Sheffield sent me a mail on Friday to apologize for the delay in passport return. Surprisingly, they confirmed in the mail that a visa has been issued, but they are short-staffed, hence the delay.

They plan to return passports for vignettes by end of this week, hopefully, they will return ours, or they will have time to deal with ours.

beckycute1:
Hi guys,

I feel like I'm the only one left. Went to the TLS office and they confirmed they dont have it yet.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by lightest(m): 1:26pm On Sep 01, 2020
beckycute1:
Hi guys,

meself wan go this week
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ashieduplus(m): 1:27pm On Sep 01, 2020
Hi guys

I need quick advise on my wife's Tier 2 dependant application.

We will be getting our Court Wedding Certificate on the 21 of this month, along with pictures of the ceremony. Is it sensible to use the certificate to apply for the Tier 2 visa on the 28th (7 days later)? Or would it be prudent to wait another week?

Justwise Gisselle
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by pufframmy: 1:37pm On Sep 01, 2020
Alhaja Can u share your time line document submitted thanks

jumokealaro:
Hello All, Hope this will help someone.

Timeline: First Visa March 2020 will Expire September 2020 Six Months Visa.
Can't Travel due to Covid-19.

Second Visa: Apply 13th August 2020 and Collected My Visa on The 28th August 2020, 2(Two Years) Visa Straight.
Application Centre Victoria Island.

Almighty ALLAH as done wonderful, Marvelous and Miraculous in my life this year.

Cheers.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by LoyalRoyalty: 1:51pm On Sep 01, 2020
jumokealaro:

Second Visa: Apply 13th August 2020 and Collected My Visa on The 28th August 2020, 2(Two Years) Visa Straight.

Almighty ALLAH as done wonderful, Marvelous and Miraculous in my life this year.

Cheers.
Cc: rerin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by LoyalRoyalty: 1:52pm On Sep 01, 2020
jumokealaro:

Cheers.
Congrats. Please do you have any travel history?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by emadamysy: 2:06pm On Sep 01, 2020
Same here, Did bio-metrics on the 23rd at Vi
beckycute1:
Hi guys,

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kunzzy4me(m): 2:30pm On Sep 01, 2020
pufframmy:

Congrat to you ...please is it a visitor Visa ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by pufframmy: 2:37pm On Sep 01, 2020
not me tag jumoke
kunzzy4me:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ashieduplus(m): 2:42pm On Sep 01, 2020
ashieduplus:
Hi guys

We will be getting our Court Wedding Certificate on the 21 of this month, along with pictures of the ceremony. Is it sensible to use the certificate to apply for the Tier 2 visa on the 28th (7 days later)? Or would it be prudent to wait another week?

Justwise Gisselle

Can anyone help with this please?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 2:57pm On Sep 01, 2020
ashieduplus:
Hi guys

Justwise Gisselle
Why exactly are you worried about date? Except there are other reasons bothering you like if the marriage would be seen as genuine.. are u goin to be newly married or u both have been married and didnt have a wedding certificate?
If u are goin to be newly married and then next you are applying for Tier 2 visa of which this newly married spouse too will make an application as a dependent, I think the greatest onus lies on you to prove the relationship is genuine.
The key lies in your hands to submit all and more to prove the genuinety. As the close date to your application seems to be bothering you. I totally understand that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ashieduplus(m): 3:30pm On Sep 01, 2020
giselle237:

Why exactly are you worried about date? Except there are other reasons bothering you like if the marriage would be seen as genuine.. are u goin to be newly married or u both have been married and didnt have a wedding certificate?
If u are goin to be newly married and then next you are applying for Tier 2 visa of which this newly married spouse too will make an application as a dependent, I think the greatest onus lies on you to prove the relationship is genuine.
The key lies in your hands to submit all and more to prove the genuinety. As the close date to your application seems to be bothering you. I totally understand that.

Thanks for the response.

My concern is whether the marriage would be seen as genuine. I live in the UK, while my fiancee lives in Nigeria. We have not seen each other since last year. But I have evidence that we have been on constant contact everyday.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Tuoma: 3:31pm On Sep 01, 2020
ashieduplus:
Hi guys

Just make sure you submit pictures of you guys together before the wedding, chats and message,email exchange.

Wedding pic is not a priority to them...cos I know few people that got dependent Visa without filing wedding pics.
And it doesnt matter how long.

Justwise Gisselle
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 4:09pm On Sep 01, 2020
ashieduplus:

Thanks for the response.
My concern is whether the marriage would be seen as genuine. I live in the UK, while my fiancee lives in Nigeria. We have not seen each other since last year. But I have evidence that we have been on constant contact everyday.
Have pictures together too. Dont wait to use only pictures from the wedding ceremony.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Rerin: 4:38pm On Sep 01, 2020
giselle237:

Yes it will help someone! Thanks for comin back.
.. esp someone that asked just a few pages back about wanting to opt for a :2 year visa instead of 6 months after he/she cudnt travel due to covid 19.
I cnt remember the exact moniker. Congratulations!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by lightest(m): 5:54pm On Sep 01, 2020
please what is TLS closing time?.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Rerin: 6:22pm On Sep 01, 2020
Congratulations madam, can you please help people like us who are interested following same the procedure you followed such as number of days for the visit that you stated,did you add days for quarantine, reason for 2years request, budget for visitation(range ), months you choose for visit, did you state you were invited by someone or booked hotel, please assist with other relevant information. Please enlighten us how you went about it.

jumokealaro:

Cheers.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Merceline(f): 7:31pm On Sep 01, 2020
Please I have been trying to book my visa appointment, for my son and I on that TLS contact website... But I just don't understand the site. I click and click no response. Please help.

The page to book the appointment opens and then nothing more. No guidelines too
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kunzzy4me(m): 7:35pm On Sep 01, 2020
Rerin:
Congratulations madam, can you please help people like us who are interested following same the procedure you followed such as number of days for the visit that you stated,did you add days for quarantine, reason for 2years request, budget for visitation(range ), months you choose for visit, did you state you were invited by someone or booked hotel, please assist with other relevant information. Please enlighten us how you went about it.

Please help to share with us how you did it so that we can learn too...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ashieduplus(m): 8:18pm On Sep 01, 2020
giselle237:

Have pictures together too. Dont wait to use only pictures from the wedding ceremony.

Sure. But most likely they'll be very recent pictures. I have 2 weeks before the wedding to take them and maybe a few afterwards.

I'll take some with several members of my family too.

It had been a long distance relationship.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 9:14pm On Sep 01, 2020
ashieduplus:

Sure. But most likely they'll be very recent pictures. I have 2 weeks before the wedding to take them and maybe a few afterwards.
I'll take some with several members of my family too.
It had been a long distance relationship.
Ok i understand... but you wont go and be labelling the pictures with date and time na saying this was just 2 weeks before visa application and all tht. Just have the pictures. Good luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by geli12: 9:59pm On Sep 01, 2020
Merceline:
Please I have been trying to book my visa appointment, for my son and I on that TLS contact website... But I just don't understand the site. I click and click no response. Please help.

The page to book the appointment opens and then nothing more. No guidelines too

Check the site well, click on accept terms and conditions to move you to the next page.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by jumokealaro: 10:17pm On Sep 01, 2020
I only knew the timeline, Hubby upload all documents. Regards
pufframmy:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by jumokealaro: 10:18pm On Sep 01, 2020
Yes Visitors Visa
kunzzy4me:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by seyola(m): 10:21pm On Sep 01, 2020
Hello Justwise and other Gurus in the house.Pls its over 28 day that i cancelled my visa application and requested for a refund,up till now i have not gotten a refund from ukv.The only response i got was a mail on 3rd of August acknowledging my request and that i will be notified if my request is successful after that,there has no been any response.Pls,how do i reach them?

(1) (2) (3) ... (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.