Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,132 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (311) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1442547 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brightingsus: 10:52pm On Sep 01, 2020
seyola:
Hello Justwise and other Gurus in the house.Pls its over 28 day that i cancelled my visa application and requested for a refund,up till now i have not gotten a refund from ukv.The only response i got was a mail on 3rd of August acknowledging my request and that i will be notified if my request is successful after that,there has no been any response.Pls,how do i reach them?

I was in your current shoes. First off, I hope you cancelled 5 days (or more) before your initial Biometrics appt day.

I cancelled an applicant's visit visa application on July 27. I counted 28 calendar days from then and no refund. I emailed them through https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/app/international/payment/language/English . It costs £5.48 to do this and you don't pay for subsequent emails on the same query. They replied next day and requested a few details, like name of applicant, type of visa, amount paid, etc. I provided those and got nothing back. I replied to the same email chain and then they got back and said refunds are within 28 'working' days. Eventually the refund was paid on August 30.

This is to encourage you that refunds take a while. I also tried calling them on 00 44 203 481 1736 but no one answered. This no. costs over £1 per min to call.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by seyola(m): 11:32pm On Sep 01, 2020
Brightingsus:

I was in your current shoes. First off, I hope you cancelled 5 days (or more) before your initial Biometrics appt day.

I cancelled an applicant's visit visa application on July 27. I counted 28 calendar days from then and no refund. I emailed them through https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/app/international/payment/language/English . It costs £5.48 to do this and you don't pay for subsequent emails on the same query. They replied next day and requested a few details, like name of applicant, type of visa, amount paid, etc. I provided those and got nothing back. I replied to the same email chain and then they got back and said refunds are within 28 'working' days. Eventually the refund was paid on August 30.

This is to encourage you that refunds take a while. I also tried calling them on 00 44 203 481 1736 but no one answered. This no. costs over £1 per min to call.
Yah,the initial appointment i booked coukd not hold because of Covid,when Tls opened in August,i never bothered to book i opted to cancel.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brightingsus: 7:27am On Sep 02, 2020
lightest:
please what is TLS closing time?.

Open Monday to Friday, 09:00 - 14:00
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Bamo2020(m): 9:13am On Sep 02, 2020
Pls is it compulsory u get a flight itinerary for UK visa application, if yes, can anyone help here? As d person I use said they are blocked from doing so. Thanks in anticipation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 9:27am On Sep 02, 2020
Bamo2020:
Pls is it compulsory u get a flight itinerary for UK visa application, if yes, can anyone help here? As d person I use said they are blocked from doing so. Thanks in anticipation
Not compulsory.
If you insist you can do it yourself on www.turkishairlines.com
Dont worry about the expiry date of the booking. It doesn't count.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by yorex2011: 10:00am On Sep 02, 2020
Hello Everyone,

Currently undergoing some background checks from the UK and the process requires me to send

We also require you to provide us with (1) set of rolled fingerprints (can be scanned and emailed to us, do not have to be originals).

Note: Set is required to include all of your biographical data, date fingerprints were taken, and signature of the official taking the fingerprints.

Is this something I'd need to go to Alagbon to get or I can just get any biometric scanner and take it and send. I'm curious because of the way they mentioned "official taking the fingerprints"....

Thanks in anticipation ��
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Merceline(f): 10:12am On Sep 02, 2020
geli12:

Check the site well, click on accept terms and conditions to move you to the next page.

I did oh. I am on the page where I am supposed to book the appointment.
For instance, see what it looks like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kcfastshooter(m): 10:21am On Sep 02, 2020
yorex2011:
Hello Everyone,

Currently undergoing some background checks from the UK and the process requires me to send

Is this something I'd need to go to Alagbon to get or I can just get any biometric scanner and take it and send. I'm curious because of the way they mentioned "official taking the fingerprints"....

Thanks in anticipation ��

Glory be unto God, thanks everyone on this platform for your support and reply for all my messages just collected my passport (expired vignate).
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kcfastshooter(m): 10:22am On Sep 02, 2020
Glory be unto God, thanks everyone on this platform for your support and reply for all my messages just collected my passport (expired vignate) at Ikeja VAC.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ameey: 10:29am On Sep 02, 2020
Congratulations bro

kcfastshooter:
Glory be unto God, thanks everyone on this platform for your support and reply for all my messages just collected my passport (expired vignate) at Ikeja VAC.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Symbae: 10:35am On Sep 02, 2020
kcfastshooter:

Congrats, which date did you submit and when were contacted for collection?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by sen2paco: 10:39am On Sep 02, 2020
kcfastshooter:

Congrats bros. Pls did they contact you for collection? Im expecting my kids replacement visas too.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by pufframmy: 11:13am On Sep 02, 2020
ok ma
jumokealaro:
I only knew the timeline, Hubby upload all documents. Regards
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by geli12: 11:45am On Sep 02, 2020
Merceline:

I did oh. I am on the page where I am supposed to book the appointment.
For instance, see what it looks like

Ma, I searched for date on Sunday and Monday, I did not get but I took advice from someone, I searched around 4am yesterday and I got Free date for next week, it was self service but in my case , I will take d documents with me for Tlscontact to scan 4 me, I will pay 11, 700k ...so keep searching at night and early morning you will get, some people drop dates if they can't meet up with d appointment, I hope this helps...click on d arrow until you start seeing Appointment time, you click on each time to choose
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by johnez1987: 12:24pm On Sep 02, 2020
Anyone who applied in March and waiting for their passport to be returned?

Can you track your application to know if it has been transferred to the VAC?

Maybe they have started returning passports too.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by teflonsam: 12:34pm On Sep 02, 2020
Congratulations!!!. Please did u receive a mail from TLS that your visa is ready?
If yes, when?
kcfastshooter:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Goatyledon: 12:36pm On Sep 02, 2020
kcfastshooter:

Congrats ooo, that means the lead applicant mail you got was a generic mail. Happy for you, or did you do anything else?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by lightest(m): 1:38pm On Sep 02, 2020
johnez1987:
Anyone who applied in March and waiting for their passport to be returned?

Can you track your application to know if it has been transferred to the VAC?

Maybe they have started returning passports too.

hello house, just collected one of our 3 passports. the one for my first son precisely and the visa is life.

waiting anxiously for my own and my secon son.

biometrics 10th March
colection mail yesterday
pick up : just now.

the visa has been granted since 28 March and the vignette just replaced

thank u all and hope to give u more good news.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kcfastshooter(m): 1:50pm On Sep 02, 2020
Ameey:
Congratulations bro

thanks brotherly
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kcfastshooter(m): 1:53pm On Sep 02, 2020
Symbae:

Congrats, which date did you submit and when were contacted for collection?

I submitted on the 4th of august they did not contact me, my agent sent dem mail and they repplied that my passport is ready for collection and they did not send mail to my daughter too but when I got there the 2passport was ready since on the 17th of august.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kcfastshooter(m): 1:56pm On Sep 02, 2020
sen2paco:

Congrats bros. Pls did they contact you for collection? Im expecting my kids replacement visas too.

they did not contact me, my agent sent dem mail and they replied that it is ready, I believe the passport is ready because mine have been ready since 17th August
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kcfastshooter(m): 1:57pm On Sep 02, 2020
Goatyledon:

Congrats ooo, that means the lead applicant mail you got was a generic mail. Happy for you, or did you do anything else?

yes bro
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kcfastshooter(m): 2:00pm On Sep 02, 2020
pls can u pple highlight me on how to book a flight online because my agent wan kill me with price because they thought I don't knw anything about it. please any idea and abeg cheap one thanks, would like to book dis Sept.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Shercorp(m): 2:01pm On Sep 02, 2020
Biometrics - 4th of August Not straight Forward mail - 13th of August Collection Mail - 1st of September
Visa Granted!!!!!
EUSS family permit to join Father...
I'm so excited..
thanks for all the contributions and advice I got from this group.

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Shercorp(m): 2:02pm On Sep 02, 2020
kcfastshooter:
pls can u pple highlight me on how to book a flight online because my agent wan kill me with price because they thought I don't knw anything about it. please any idea and abeg cheap one thanks, would like to book dis Sept.

There are lots of booking websites o..
just make your research.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by teflonsam: 2:18pm On Sep 02, 2020
Try Priceline
Shercorp:

There are lots of booking websites o..
just make your research.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by pufframmy: 2:36pm On Sep 02, 2020
i got date on 15th after picking 5thh of october first i keep searching again next day and i got closer date
geli12:

Ma, I searched for date on Sunday and Monday, I did not get but I took advice from someone, I searched around 4am yesterday and I got Free date for next week, it was self service but in my case , I will take d documents with me for Tlscontact to scan 4 me, I will pay 11, 700k ...so keep searching at night and early morning you will get, some people drop dates if they can't meet up with d appointment, I hope this helps...click on d arrow until you start seeing Appointment time, you click on each time to choose
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by beckycute1: 2:57pm On Sep 02, 2020
You can usr skyscanner to compare prices from different airlines
kcfastshooter:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Bamo2020(m): 3:00pm On Sep 02, 2020
Thanks boss

quote author=ukay2 post=92424668]

Oga Giselle237 has given you everything you need.

Please follow his advice and you will be fine.

All the best Sir.[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by beckycute1: 3:01pm On Sep 02, 2020
I also had my BM on the 10th, yet to get any update. Although they replied my mail today saying it was still been processed.
lightest:

hello house, just collected one of our 3 passports. the one for my first son precisely and the visa is life.

waiting anxiously for my own and my secon son.

biometrics 10th March
colection mail yesterday
pick up : just now.

the visa has been granted since 28 March and the vignette just replaced

thank u all and hope to give u more good news.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Bamo2020(m): 3:13pm On Sep 02, 2020
I tried now but it's requesting for my card details and that I have hold it with 60 usd dollars. Can u pls show me d steps I need to go through?

quote author=giselle237 post=93485554]
Not compulsory.
If you insist you can do it yourself on www.turkishairlines.com
Dont worry about the expiry date of the booking. It doesn't count. [/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Passsegun: 3:35pm On Sep 02, 2020
Good afternoon to the gurus in the house.

Please I got a worrisome email from UKVI today.

Please can someone tell me what this means and it's implications.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.