Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,986 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (317) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1444298 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Cyberknight: 8:36am On Sep 07, 2020
Elevation77:

Thank u @giselle237, will they need my UK application username and password to be able to upload at VAC centre ?

No they don't need that.
You will have to provide clear colour A4 copies of the documents you want them to upload for you if they are not already in that format.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Elevation77: 8:52am On Sep 07, 2020
Cyberknight:

No they don't need that.
You will have to provide clear colour A4 copies of the documents you want them to upload for you if they are not already in that format.

Thank you so much @giselle

I am just so worried, because each uploaded doc’ have pages, my bank statement is 5 pages and there is no 5 pages, and the said bank statement is printed on 13/August/2020

Is it a good idea i go ahead and upload at VAC, like the bank statement have uploaded along side others, i am sure there won’t be a problems if it expired on their portal.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Elevation77: 8:53am On Sep 07, 2020
Elevation77:

I am just so worried, because each uploaded doc’ have pages, my bank statement is 5 pages and there is no 5 pages, and the said bank statement is printed on 13/August/2020

Is it a good idea i go ahead and upload at VAC, like the bank statement have uploaded along side others, i am sure there won’t be a problems if it expired on their portal.

Note: my appointment is on 16th this month

@giselle any suggestions
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by famzynet: 9:25am On Sep 07, 2020
Cyberknight:

Turkish Airlines does not require a Covid certificate, according to their website.
https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-int/announcements/coronavirus-outbreak/what-you-should-know-during-the-pandemic/
Ok. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 11:14am On Sep 07, 2020
Elevation77:

U will give the officials anything you want to upload as u will be paying for asstd service. Kindly present ANYTHING you want to upload.
Sorry about the extra expense.
Your biometrics appt is Sept 16 according to you, and u have statement of August 13. Is it not possible to present an updated bank statement instead of looking for who will tell u if it’s wrong or right?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by graceodini: 11:26am On Sep 07, 2020
Good morning all. Please I tracked my application now and noticed this morning is shows APPLICATION TRANSFERRED TO VAC. Is this normal because I haven't received email.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mimilyrics: 11:28am On Sep 07, 2020
TLS will send you a collection mail as soon as they receive and sort everything sent to then.
graceodini:
Good morning all. Please I tracked my application now and noticed this morning is shows APPLICATION TRANSFERRED TO VAC. Is this normal because I haven't received email.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by beckycute1: 11:34am On Sep 07, 2020
Finally got an email to pick up passport.
Hopefully i get the visa.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ameey: 11:41am On Sep 07, 2020
When you use the "keep my passport " option from TLS, what's the time frame for receiving back your passport after submission?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sanmigbola: 11:59am On Sep 07, 2020
Please, I am expecting response, so I can proceed with my application.

Sanmigbola:
Hello house, denying the fact that I have an aunty in the UK despite the fact that I don't know her current surname(because she's married), address and I don't have the intention of contacting her when I get to the UK pose a problem with my application.

Also as a married man with two kids going for tourism alone. Hope it's not a threat to my application. Though I earn 320 after tax, monthly expenses btw 35-45k. I have 275k at my disposal and I have the intention of spending £987 for a 10days visit, which is not upto two months of my DI. Also have landed properties in my name and wife. Traveled to UAE with the family in January for vacation.

Just want to know if I am good to go.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Elevation77: 12:02pm On Sep 07, 2020
giselle237:

U will give the officials anything you want to upload as u will be paying for asstd service. Kindly present ANYTHING you want to upload.
Sorry about the extra expense.
Your biometrics appt is Sept 16 according to you, and u have statement of August 13. Is it not possible to present an updated bank statement instead of looking for who will tell u if it’s wrong or right?

Thank you for your time @giselle237, another question: is there anyway one can check uploaded documents after signing gov.uk the link we use to signup please ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by graceodini: 12:04pm On Sep 07, 2020
mimilyrics:
TLS will send you a collection mail as soon as they receive and sort everything sent to then.

Did you mean it was updated by the UKVI or TLS?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by opomulero(m): 12:15pm On Sep 07, 2020
Elevation77:

i think they will match d statement of account around the date u submitted ur application and ur biometric date will also be considered too if its now too far away, they might go further to confirm the account from your bank.

i stand to be corrected though
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oladotunfelix2: 1:02pm On Sep 07, 2020
Anything UK visa personal or bussines bank statement is needed.

Junera:
Good Day House, please I have an Uncle in London who is a Veterinary Doctor, and he has a house over there, I wanted to go for a visit, do I need to provide statement of account, I'm a 300L student, or once he sponsor everything I don't need statement of account? I have a house already in my name given to me by my dad, and I have some money in my account also but I don't receive salary. NB: I WANT TO KNOW IF HE IS TO TAKE CARE OF EVERYTHING, IF I STILL NEED TO PROVIDE STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT THEN
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mosesolawuyi: 1:10pm On Sep 07, 2020
I did the biometrics on 16th March at Ikeja. Up till now the tracking keeps showing "Received at DMC". Please, is there anyone with a similar situation? And, is there anything I can do about this situation?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by pufframmy: 1:10pm On Sep 07, 2020
thanks for the response
Kurumaru:

Nope... Also, I used my personal/individual acct, not a business account..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by usmee(m): 1:18pm On Sep 07, 2020
Good afternoon guys.

I am planning on visiting the UK for the first time in November, however I want find out if its mandatory for me to provide a letter of invitation from my friend in the UK.

The only person I have in the UK, is my friend who lives in London.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 1:48pm On Sep 07, 2020
usmee:
Good afternoon guys.

I am planning on visiting the UK for the first time in November, however I want find out if its mandatory for me to provide a letter of invitation from my friend in the UK.

It's not necessary. As long as you are the one sponsoring the trip i.e you are paying for ALL the cost and will not be staying with your friend during the period.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by sermming: 3:18pm On Sep 07, 2020
I did mine on the 16th and have picked up my passport with 6 month visa.
mosesolawuyi:
I did the biometrics on 16th March at Ikeja. Up till now the tracking keeps showing "Received at DMC". Please, is there anyone with a similar situation? And, is there anything I can do about this situation?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kcfastshooter(m): 3:33pm On Sep 07, 2020
Good day house, pls people that travelled on the 5th of September to the U.K pls were you people asked for covid19 certificate at the airport? answer urgently needed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by sermming: 3:42pm On Sep 07, 2020
I suggest you go to Ikeja with your collection slip to meet them.Though I received email to come pick up my passport while some did not, like a lady i met at the gate she said she also did her bio metrics same 16th and worried its taking too long so she decided to come and luckily her passport was ready for collection. Go try your luck
mosesolawuyi:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Temmydiz: 3:53pm On Sep 07, 2020
Any aug 19 in the house that have recieved their decision?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by famzynet: 4:28pm On Sep 07, 2020
kcfastshooter:
Good day house, pls people that travelled on the 5th of September to the U.K pls were you people asked for covid19 certificate at the airport? answer urgently needed.

Waiting for answers. Does it mean that no one has travelled in this forum since airports opened? Though we know it is not a requirement by most airlines for travelling, are immigration using it to intimidate people?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Junera: 4:38pm On Sep 07, 2020
Junera:
Good Day House, please I have an Uncle in London who is a Veterinary Doctor, and he has a house over there, I wanted to go for a visit, do I need to provide statement of account, I'm a 300L student, or once he sponsor everything I don't need statement of account? I have a house already in my name given to me by my dad, and I have some money in my account also but I don't receive salary. NB: I WANT TO KNOW IF HE IS TO TAKE CARE OF EVERYTHING, IF I STILL NEED TO PROVIDE STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT THEN
Thanks

PLEASE BASED ON THIS, WOULD HE HAVE TO SEND HIS STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT TO ME TO SUBMIT? I WON'T WANT TO SEE IT BECAUSE LOTS OF PEOPLE WONT WANT THEIR FINANCES REVEALED, BUT I KNOW HES CAPABLE BECAUSE HE IS A CLINICAL DIRECTOR AND HEADS HIS HOSPITAL BRANCH.....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ss2020: 5:13pm On Sep 07, 2020
mosesolawuyi:
Yea. We are in d same shoes. Mine is still showing "received at DMC". Biometric is 19th or 18th march. It has taken too long that I can't even remember the date again.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 5:32pm On Sep 07, 2020
Junera:

PLEASE BASED ON THIS, WOULD HE HAVE TO SEND HIS STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT TO ME TO SUBMIT? I WON'T WANT TO SEE IT BECAUSE LOTS OF PEOPLE WONT WANT THEIR FINANCES REVEALED, BUT I KNOW HES CAPABLE BECAUSE HE IS A CLINICAL DIRECTOR AND HEADS HIS HOSPITAL BRANCH.....
Since he is fully sponsoring you, he must send his statement of account. .. also you would present your account as well even though it would not be used majorly to decide your application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by adeolaa594: 5:36pm On Sep 07, 2020
Hello house, i mistakenly omitted a letter in my email address whilst filling my daughter's application and didnt realise this after i had made payment and i didn't receive email confirmation. I tried to open a new email with the username but it was unavailable, i equally tried reaching out to the email but not gotten a response yet BUT i have access to the email with which i started the application which is the link to the account. I picked an appointment but still dont have the confirmation mail from TLS. Pls,should i just cancel the application since i am not able to find a way around it. Also, if i cancel the application, will i be refunded both IHS fee and visa application and how soon will the refund be?
Thank you all
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oyin000000: 5:42pm On Sep 07, 2020
Ameey:
When you use the "keep my passport " option from TLS, what's the time frame for receiving back your passport after submission?

I used Keep my passport and its been a week since I went back to submit it, nothing yet. They sent me a mail that decision has been made before.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Rerin: 5:45pm On Sep 07, 2020
Can people who have had experience of applying and obtaining Uk visit visa recently after COVID assist with this question please.

Ibyfaith:
Hello house, please can someone help out
My 6 months tourist visa expired because of COVID-19 couldn’t use it , so I’m reapplying again this month to travel for December
In filling the section for how many days I would be spending in the Uk , do I need to add the additional 14 days quarantine to the 8days I was meant to spend?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Monmarri: 6:06pm On Sep 07, 2020
usmee:
Good afternoon guys.

If you are staying in your friends apartment, u need letter of invitation from your friend, but if you are staying in a hotel u don't need invitation from your friend.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ashieduplus(m): 6:07pm On Sep 07, 2020
Hi.

I have tried asking this question on another thread to no avail.

Please If I come in through Cotonou to Nigeria will I get my passport stamped?

I'd really appreciate if anyone can provide this information.

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.