Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (314) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1444185 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ugosimba: 1:16pm On Sep 04, 2020
giselle237:
What kind of visa did u apply for

Visitors visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sanmigbola: 2:24pm On Sep 04, 2020
Giselle237 et al, I just finished filling the UK form for a visit visa and I am at the stage where I need to make payment. Is there any document I need to print before proceeding to make payment ?

I have applied and was denied visa to Netherland but submission of application is done through France embassy. Do I say I was denied by France or Netherland?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 3:40pm On Sep 04, 2020
ugosimba:

Visitors visa
Try and travel between now and September 20, if not, you will kindly need to reapply. There is no ongoing replacement for visitor visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 3:42pm On Sep 04, 2020
Sanmigbola:
Giselle237 et al, I just finished filling the UK form for a visit visa and I am at the stage where I need to make payment. Is there any document I need to print before proceeding to make payment ?

I have applied and was denied visa to Netherland but submission of application is done through France embassy. Do I say I was denied by France or Netherland?
There is a place to download application form and checklist, that’s all i can remember ... not the order in which it comes. The instructions are however there, just read carefully.
You were denied visa to Netherlands
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by geli12: 4:00pm On Sep 04, 2020
Sanmigbola:

It's after payment you get to d page where u can print the checklist and ur online application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sanmigbola: 4:04pm On Sep 04, 2020
giselle237:

There is a place to download application form and checklist, that’s all i can remember ... not the order in which it comes. The instructions are however there, just read carefully.
You were denied visa to Netherlands
@giselle237,@geli12 and all the gurus in the house
Thanks for your response.

One more question, my monthly expenses fluctuate between 35k to 45k. What figure do you advice I use ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sanmigbola: 4:05pm On Sep 04, 2020
geli12:

It's after payment you get to d page where u can print the checklist and ur online application

Thanks @ geli12
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by twojul: 4:31pm On Sep 04, 2020
Please is there anyone currently applying? Can you please tell me which dates are the nearest available dates for biometrics at ikeja Center
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by sen2paco: 5:26pm On Sep 04, 2020
honeycrown:
Is this for vignette extension please? I submitted mine on the 29th of July, 2020. Nothing from them yet till date.

Yes vignette replacement.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by beckycute1: 5:39pm On Sep 04, 2020
Another week gone!!!
No passport!!!
No visa!!!
We wait!!!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kcfastshooter(m): 7:00pm On Sep 04, 2020
Ashirioluwa:

To apply for visa: You need a bank statement to support your application.

If you already have U.K. visa then you don’t need bank statement. All you will need is cash / bank card that will cover your trip expenses

thanks for the information I really appreciate but dis @oladotunfelix2 which one come be six month bank statement when even when I applied I used 1 month. anyway thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 7:36pm On Sep 04, 2020
kcfastshooter:

thanks for the information I really appreciate but dis @oladotunfelix2 which one come be six month bank statement when even when I applied I used 1 month. anyway thanks.
Sometimes ehn... when we are stating our questions or concerns, it would be nice not to assume anyone knows our case and explain in details. I had to click on ur name to realise you didn't apply for visitors visa and that’s what people are/were answering you about.
Looks like you are a tier 4 dependent, you can also ask on the student thread. The answers from people in same shoe as you would help better.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ugosimba: 7:58pm On Sep 04, 2020
I would be reapplying then.
Gracias
Try and travel between now and September 20, if not, you will kindly need to reapply. There is no ongoing replacement for visitor visa. [/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kcfastshooter(m): 8:41pm On Sep 04, 2020
giselle237:

Sometimes ehn... when we are stating our questions or concerns, it would be nice not to assume anyone knows our case and explain in details. I had to click on ur name to realise you didn't apply for visitors visa and that’s what people are/were answering you about.
Looks like you are a tier 4 dependent, you can also ask on the student thread. The answers from people in same shoe as you would help better.

oga mi is like u are angry o, pls nor vex I just want to knw b4 travelling, yea am a tier 4 dependant. thank you sir abeg don't be vex o
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kcfastshooter(m): 9:19pm On Sep 04, 2020
kcfastshooter:

oga mi is like u are angry o, pls nor vex I just want to knw b4 travelling, yea am a tier 4 dependant. thank you sir abeg don't be vex o

pls gurus don't b angry with my too much question, pls where can I do the covid19 test in Lagos and how long does it takes for the result to b out. thanks answer urgently needed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kcfastshooter(m): 9:20pm On Sep 04, 2020
pls gurus don't b angry with my too much question, pls where can I do the covid19 test in Lagos and how long does it takes for the result to b out. thanks answer urgently needed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Symbae: 10:06pm On Sep 04, 2020
kcfastshooter:

Do you require a covid test to fly out of Nigeria?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sanmigbola: 10:13pm On Sep 04, 2020
Please, this question needs urgent attention.
My monthly expenses fluctuate between 35k to 45k. What figure do you advice I use ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kcfastshooter(m): 11:37pm On Sep 04, 2020
Symbae:

Do you require a covid test to fly out of Nigeria?

I think so
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brightingsus: 7:26am On Sep 05, 2020
kcfastshooter:

I think so

I don't think so. I think you need to take a PCR covid test and test negative within 72 hours prior to leaving a foreign country on your way to Nigeria. When you get to Nig you do another one.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by rinw: 8:58am On Sep 05, 2020
Brightingsus:

I don't think so. I think you need to take a PCR covid test and test negative within 72 hours prior to leaving a foreign country on your way to Nigeria. When you get to Nig you do another one.

I hope FG can make a clear statement about outbound flights. If you check the "Nigeria international travel portal" where you make payment for the covid-19 PCR test, it has option for both arriving and departing.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 8:59am On Sep 05, 2020
kcfastshooter:
Hmm oga i dont think so o. Who told you, you need test to leave Nigeria. U will self isolate in the UK when u land na. Pls dnt go and waste ur money or better still let’s wait for those traveling on Sept 5 to come back and detail their experience.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 8:59am On Sep 05, 2020
Sanmigbola:
Please, this question needs urgent attention.
My monthly expenses fluctuate between 35k to 45k. What figure do you advice I use ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by UhnNah: 9:06am On Sep 05, 2020
rinw:

I hope FG can make a clear statement about outbound flights. If you check the "Nigeria international travel portal" where you make payment for the covid-19 PCR test, it has option for both arriving and departing.

It doesn’t make sense for them to offer a compulsory test before leaving,i think they’re offering the test for destination countries that requires a test on arrival! Not all country requires one! It looks more like an advert since it looks like only the government centers are offering the test in the country?! The arriving in Nigeria with a test result seems mandatory tho!

2 things to do while preparing - Check with your airline if a test is required....Check the protocol at the POE of your destination country!!!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by nonso10: 9:20am On Sep 05, 2020
UhnNah:

It doesn’t make sense for them to offer a compulsory test before leaving,i think they’re offering the test for destination countries that requires a test on arrival! Not all country requires one! It looks more like an advert since it looks like only the government centers are offering the test in the country?! The arriving in Nigeria with a test result seems mandatory tho!

2 things to do while preparing - Check with your airline if a test is required....Check the protocol at the POE of your destination country!!!

It’s stated on the site.... it’s for countries that require the test

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by rinw: 9:21am On Sep 05, 2020
UhnNah:

you're very correct. Logically, it shouldn't be compulsory. I'm just worried about officials exploiting people at the airport because of this. The onboading guidelines is for intending travelers to Nigeria
https://nitp.ncdc.gov.ng/onboarding/guidelines

I wish they make a statement about travelers from Nigeria , this will clear every doubt. Let's keep our fingers crossed and see how things unfold in the coming days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by nonso10: 9:22am On Sep 05, 2020
giselle237:

Hmm oga i dont think so o. Who told you, you need test to leave Nigeria. U will self isolate in the UK when u land na. Pls dnt go and waste ur money or better still let’s wait for those traveling on Sept 5 to come back and detail their experience.

The guidelines are on the site.... open the site and click how it works. You only need it if the country of destination requires a negative test.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by rinw: 9:28am On Sep 05, 2020
nonso10:

The guidelines are on the site.... open the site and click how it works. You only need it if the country of destination requires a negative test.
Great...it make sense now. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by famzynet: 11:12am On Sep 05, 2020
nonso10:

It’s stated on the site.... it’s for countries that require the test
Thanks for this. This clarifies it. It actually make no sense asking people already in the country to do covid test except the country of destination or transit requires it. Emirate airlines requires it because every passenger landing in Dubai airport is required to present it to enter the airport. A week ago I spoke with Ethiopia airline,it is only required if one is staying more than 48hrs in Ethiopia. Turkish airlines said they don't need it.

But since we know we have lots of crazy people who don't even read,listen ,know or follow the rules as immigration officers,we can get to know from travellers these few days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ojoaccess: 11:33am On Sep 05, 2020
Good morning house. I have a brother that was invited by his friend whom is a British citizen. His application has passed the 15 working days timeline. Please I want to ask if his friend that invite him can call the home office to make enquiry about his application? Is like 22 working days now. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by nonso10: 11:34am On Sep 05, 2020
famzynet:

Thanks for this. This clarifies it. It actually make no sense asking people already in the country to do covid test except the country of destination or transit requires it. Emirate airlines requires it because every passenger landing in Dubai airport is required to present it to enter the airport. A week ago I spoke with Ethiopia airline,it is only required if one is staying more than 48hrs in Ethiopia. Turkish airlines said they don't need it.

But since we know we have lots of crazy people who don't even read,listen ,know or follow the rules as immigration officers,we can get to know from travellers these few days.

Yeah....already booked my flight for 9th....I just hope the Nigerian Immigration officers are properly updated. I just don’t want wahalla
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ashieduplus(m): 11:44am On Sep 05, 2020
Ojoaccess:
Good morning house. I have a brother that was invited by his friend whom is a British citizen. His application has passed the 15 working days timeline. Please I want to ask if his friend that invite him can call the home office to make enquiry about his application? Is like 22 working days now. Thanks.

When was his biometrics at TLS?

(1) (2) (3) ... (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.