Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,105 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (339) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1443862 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Asoko80: 10:08pm On Sep 24, 2020
I have checked its not in the recycle bin.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by opomulero(m): 10:22pm On Sep 24, 2020
Asoko80:
I have checked its not in the recycle bin.

check the history of your browser, u might see where to login again
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by graceodini: 10:41pm On Sep 24, 2020
Brightingsus:

Yes, that is correct but the reason for coming to the UK becomes defeated. What is the point of booking a flight, coming to the UK to be bound by the walls of a house for the whole of your stay? You get to POE and you are asked why you have come to the UK, what do you say? They ask you where would you isolate, what do you say?

A friend invited me though. So am going to stay in his house. So am not sure if i still need to self isolate for 14days. And please can I still go in January or early February because my visa will expire in March? Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Poch: 5:32am On Sep 25, 2020
Just to encourage someone.

Application for parent and child: 18th August
Biometrics:26th August (Prime and selfservice - pls ignore that Flexi thing if it stresses you out - usually no appointment dates on plan)
Pickup mail: 24th September (after 21 days - so do not despair if nothing shows up on day 15)
TLS IKEJA
Tier2 dependant.
Pretty smooth and straightforward ride.
Thanks NL... you guys are doing an awesome job here.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Wales1111: 6:18am On Sep 25, 2020
Brightingsus:

The 14 days would be at the place u go straight to from the airport. From 48 hours to your arrival in the UK, you ought to have completed the Journey and Contact Details form online. You could provide your uncle's address as where you would be isolating.
I am actually going to Birmingham straight and that's where he stays too. How do I know where I will be isolated and where will I get the form pls enlighten me pls.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Wales1111: 6:28am On Sep 25, 2020
Brightingsus:

The 14 days would be at the place u go straight to from the airport. From 48 hours to your arrival in the UK, you ought to have completed the Journey and Contact Details form online. You could provide your uncle's address as where you would be isolating.
oh yes I got you right right now. Pls give me the link for the form pls. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brightingsus: 8:54am On Sep 25, 2020
Wales1111:
oh yes I got you right right now. Pls give me the link for the form pls. Thank you

https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-contact-details-before-travel-uk

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by graceodini: 10:18am On Sep 25, 2020
graceodini:

A friend invited me though. So am going to stay in his house. So am not sure if i still need to self isolate for 14days. And please can I still go in January or early February because my visa will expire in March? Thanks.

Brightingsus, please respond.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dehiero: 10:44am On Sep 25, 2020
Poch:
Just to encourage someone.

Application for parent and child: 18th August
Biometrics:26th August (Prime and selfservice - pls ignore that Flexi thing if it stresses you out - usually no appointment dates on plan)
Pickup mail: 24th September (after 21 days - so do not despair if nothing shows up on day 15)
TLS IKEJA
Tier2 dependant.
Pretty smooth and straightforward ride.
Thanks NL... you guys are doing an awesome job here.

Any travel history?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Success2011: 11:02am On Sep 25, 2020
Good morning All. Booking an appointment with TLS after choosing Assisted Service seem to be an issue. Any help please?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by geli12: 11:07am On Sep 25, 2020
[

Choose self service, get closer date, on your appointment date, take all ur documents with u ,tell them u want them to assist u, u'll pay N11,700 thru pos. That's how i did mine

quote author=Success2011 post=94288586]Good morning All. Booking an appointment with TLS after choosing Assisted Service seem to be an issue. Any help please? [/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Success2011: 12:04pm On Sep 25, 2020
Thanks a lot
geli12:
[

Choose self service, get closer date, on your appointment date, take all ur documents with u ,tell them u want them to assist u, u'll pay N11,700 thru pos. That's how i did mine

quote author=Success2011 post=94288586]Good morning All. Booking an appointment with TLS after choosing Assisted Service seem to be an issue. Any help please?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brightingsus: 12:22pm On Sep 25, 2020
graceodini:

Brightingsus, please respond.

Self isolating is not a factor of hotel accommodation. Even if you live in England, coming back into the country you need to isolate irrespective of where you intend to stay in the UK. I have colleagues that travelled to different countries on holiday, they were all hurrying back to the UK to beat the self isolation start date.

I can't remember the history with your visa. Usually you can use your visa if it is still valid, but i do not know if you quoted you were coming to the UK for an event that needs to be held around a particular period.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Success2011: 12:46pm On Sep 25, 2020
[unlike the assisted service option where all payments are made at the VAC, did you pay for courier before your appointment was confirmed? Because, I am being asked to make online payment for courier service. quote author=Success2011 post=94290749]Thanks a lot [/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mosesolawuyi: 1:38pm On Sep 25, 2020
Has anyone else received the email below from Croydon DMC?
Dear -------,
Thank you for your visa/entry clearance application which has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days and settlement applications within 60 working days (unless you have opted for a Priority Visa service).

We are unable to resolve your application within these customer service targets, due to operational restrictions. Please be assured that we will continue to progress your application to enable a decision to be made as soon as possible.

Please do not attend the application centre until you have been contacted by the VAC.

Kind regards
Croydon DMC
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mimilyrics: 1:50pm On Sep 25, 2020
You've got no cause to worry. It's usually either because there's something that needs to be clarified on your application or they simply can't assess your application and reach a decision within the regular timescales.
mosesolawuyi:
Dear -------,
Thank you for your visa/entry clearance application which has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days and settlement applications within 60 working days (unless you have opted for a Priority Visa service).

We are unable to resolve your application within these customer service targets, due to operational restrictions. Please be assured that we will continue to progress your application to enable a decision to be made as soon as possible.

Please do not attend the application centre until you have been contacted by the VAC.

Kind regards
Croydon DMC
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Staceystella: 1:50pm On Sep 25, 2020
Hi everyone , please I’m wonder if I’m traveling to London and I stop over in Dubai and I spend 7-8days in Dubai, do I still need to isolate for the full 14days or I just isolate for the remaining 6days?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by opomulero(m): 1:55pm On Sep 25, 2020
mosesolawuyi:
Dear -------,

Kind regards
Croydon DMC

Please How many days after submission did you receive this mail?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by geli12: 2:26pm On Sep 25, 2020
U can still make courier payment on ur appointment date...i didn't need it

[1quote author=Success2011 post=94292206][unlike the assisted service option where all payments are made at the VAC, did you pay for courier before your appointment was confirmed? Because, I am being asked to make online payment for courier service. quote author=Success2011 post=94290749]Thanks a lot [/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by graceodini: 2:46pm On Sep 25, 2020
Brightingsus:

Self isolating is not a factor of hotel accommodation. Even if you live in England, coming back into the country you need to isolate irrespective of where you intend to stay in the UK. I have colleagues that travelled to different countries on holiday, they were all hurrying back to the UK to beat the self isolation start date.

I can't remember the history with your visa. Usually you can use your visa if it is still valid, but i do not know if you quoted you were coming to the UK for an event that needs to be held around a particular period.

Okay sir. I stated am coming to visit my friend in the UK during my remaining 2020 annual leave in November but the visa validity is from September 2020 to March 2021. That is why I am thinking if I should go early 2021 because our annual leave can be transferred to another year according to what is stated in my appointment letter. But if I decide to go this year I only have 2weeks remaining for this year. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Wales1111: 2:57pm On Sep 25, 2020
Thanks so much. I appreciate. In the form it said contact of the person that can be called if you fall sick in the uk...does that mean a contact of a person in Nigeria or in the UK. Answer needed pls. Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mosesolawuyi: 4:08pm On Sep 25, 2020
opomulero:

Please How many days after submission did you receive this mail?

15 days. Biometrics done on 10th September. Business visit visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Doyinh: 4:24pm On Sep 25, 2020
Was it a visit visa?
mosesolawuyi:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ashieduplus(m): 5:03pm On Sep 25, 2020
With the planned strike action on Monday, are TLS offices likely to be open ?

Anyone?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brightingsus: 5:10pm On Sep 25, 2020
Wales1111:
Thanks so much. I appreciate. In the form it said contact of the person that can be called if you fall sick in the uk...does that mean a contact of a person in Nigeria or in the UK. Answer needed pls. Thank you.

You know the form should be filled only from 48 hours to the date you are due to arrive in the UK. If they wanted a particular location of contact, they would have specified. UK contact should be preferable. What about those with no family or friend in the UK and coming purely as tourists, they still have to provide some contact of which it would be non UK contact.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ashieduplus(m): 5:32pm On Sep 25, 2020
ashieduplus:

Anyone?

Anyone with an idea about this?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by opomulero(m): 6:38pm On Sep 25, 2020
mosesolawuyi:

today makes it 12 working days if you did it on 10th september, 2020.

just be positive they hve backlogs that they are treating too.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by emadamysy: 6:42pm On Sep 25, 2020
Hello Justwise and other house guru. How do I get my passport back from TLS if UK ain't giving me visa .
I did biometrics at VI since the 23rd of March , I have written mails and calls , no head way .

At least let me be able to travel somewhere else , they can't hold one to ransom . The COVID ain't anyone fault .

What is the best way to approach this . Should I resort to legal means ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by UhnNah: 7:08pm On Sep 25, 2020
ashieduplus:

Anyone?

At this point? After months of everything closing down? Do they have any sense at all? Increasing the fuel price and electricity tariff at this time is a wrong move! Bad timing! And also planning to go on strike after months of lockdown is a foolish move! It won’t affect anybody in power! Only the common man will suffer...again! Go to their offices and protest! They better not dare to go on any foolish strike affecting the masses!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brightingsus: 8:12pm On Sep 25, 2020
So Aviation unions are joining the strike on Monday 00:00 hrs... O' Nigeria!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Wales1111: 9:10pm On Sep 25, 2020
Brightingsus:

You know the form should be filled only from 48 hours to the date you are due to arrive in the UK. If they wanted a particular location of contact, they would have specified. UK contact should be preferable. What about those with no family or friend in the UK and coming purely as tourists, they still have to provide some contact of which it would be non UK contact.
right. Thanks a lot
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Rheminix(m): 9:20pm On Sep 25, 2020
Brightingsus:
So Aviation unions are joining the strike on Monday 00:00 hrs... O' Nigeria!
will this affects airlines from flying.

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.