Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,200 members, 7,818,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (342) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1445786 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by luvlycutebay(f): 11:10pm On Sep 28, 2020
[quote author=Monmarri post=94414701]

No letter head please. Just address it to British high commission on Microsoft word and print out, then sign[/quote

Why I said letter head was because, I used letter head to write my application or maybe it's because my church was the one sponsoring my Visa Sha.

All the same make the letter real and presentable.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 12:08am On Sep 29, 2020
Hi guys...

Parents update.

Biometrics: 4th September

Decision/Collection date: 24th September

VAC: Ikeja

Class: Tourist
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Monmarri: 12:20am On Sep 29, 2020
Vasco1dagama:
sad immigration man I sight you, say only what you know and keep mute on what you lack ideas!
he is not and will not be the first oberstayer in the UK.
the easiest rout to get 2and half years is having a British child. as soon as the child is birth he's entitled to fatherly care and" must "be granted within short period. however, the process for ilr and citizenship as you quoted may take upto ten years .
meanwhile, he must be in a good standing relationship with the lady otherwise she wouldn't want to relinquish her documents to back him.
adios amigos �

Point of correction I don't lack any idea on that route and talk politely please. I am only giving my advice.

Yes he is not the only one that will become overstayer in the uk, I agree with you but I hope you know how frustrating it is to go under that route. I am talking from experience. It is not as easier as you think dis days. All the best to him.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Monmarri: 12:53am On Sep 29, 2020
Wales1111:
Thanks house. I am so happy with the comments I am getting this will be of great help to him. My next question is that he only said he was going to visit for two weeks but he has spent 5 months. If he decides to leave the UK after 5 months despite having six months visa..I hope he won't be questioned why he stayed 5 months if he is reapplying for uk visa again ?

Was your friend in the UK during the covid-19. If yes then no worries .but if No he will be questioned when applying for another visa and might even get refused.

usually in six months visa it is better for you to stick to the duration u put on your application. With this five months he has stayed, has brought distrust. What was he doing in UK for five months if he has a job or biz back home.

Six months tourist visa does not give you room to stay the six months at a go, that is why u are given multiple visa in six months.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Safiguy4u: 2:02am On Sep 29, 2020
Monmarri:

Why encouraging him to overstay?? Do you know how long it will take him to get leave to remain? (More than 10 years), will he be able to get a decent job to take care of his pregnant girl friend?? He can only get a job of illegal immigrants and you know how tough UK is now.

The money he will use to pay a lawyer can be use to apply for Spouse or fiancé visa for him which is straight forward and within six years he becomes a citizen.

Note:- It is still possible for him to get leave to remain in the UK, but consider the stress and money involved to get it and to keep renewing his visa till 10years.

Paddy, say what you, you are wrong on this.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by raibrahim: 2:56am On Sep 29, 2020
Please I need update on how to renew my Six months tuorist visa expiring on d 30th of September. I could not travel because of covid. Do I still need to go through all the process again?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Kentz3: 3:42am On Sep 29, 2020
hello guys,i am worried about this issue i filled a uk visit visa for my mum i paid since like two weeks ago...she is to go by late december for christmas break... after payment and redirected to tls the upload bottom link didnt popup on the tls platform and even date for self service didnt show up..i quess i am not getting anything wrong?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Yemisih(f): 3:57am On Sep 29, 2020
Pls help !!!
Yemisih:
Hello house pls when applying for Tier 2 (main applicant and dependants together) if the principal applicant pay for priority does it extend to d dependants or their's ll be treated within d 15 working days range. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Rheminix(m): 5:21am On Sep 29, 2020
Good morning nairalanders, i booked a flight with the Turkish airline and i got a date oct 6 which is on a Tuesday, the news reaching me is that, NCAA, prior to easing of our airport had already scheduled airlines to operate at certain days of the week, ok that settled. My question goes thus, how will it be rescheduled to another date. Pls help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brightingsus: 6:07am On Sep 29, 2020
Kentz3:
hello guys,i am worried about this issue i filled a uk visit visa for my mum i paid since like two weeks ago...she is to go by late december for christmas break... after payment and redirected to tls the upload bottom link didnt popup on the tls platform and even date for self service didnt show up..i quess i am not getting anything wrong?

The upload button will not appear until you have booked a Biometrics appointment. Sometimes you log on and don't find dates for the next 2 to 3 months. It is normal. Keep refreshing the page. Later in the day or within the next 2 or 3 days or so, days will just appear like magic. I have seen this happen.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brightingsus: 6:11am On Sep 29, 2020
Rheminix:
Good morning nairalanders, i booked a flight with the Turkish airline and i got a date oct 6 which is on a Tuesday, the news reaching me is that, NCAA, prior to easing of our airport had already scheduled airlines to operate at certain days of the week, ok that settled. My question goes thus, how will it be rescheduled to another date. Pls help

I believe since the airline accepted the booking, they will randomly reschedule flights for passengers on different dates. If possible, you could manage your booking and choose a date from days allocated to Turkish Airlines, that is if this is free. Otherwise you may want to contact the airline directly.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brightingsus: 6:14am On Sep 29, 2020
Yemisih:
Pls help !!!

I believe each applicant requires their own priority payment, otherwise only the applicant that paid for priority would have that service. I have a friend that applied for his wife and child for a spouse visa but he paid for priority service for each of the 2 applicants. I dont know if this is same for Tier 2.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brightingsus: 6:16am On Sep 29, 2020
raibrahim:
Please I need update on how to renew my Six months tuorist visa expiring on d 30th of September. I could not travel because of covid. Do I still need to go through all the process again?

Yes.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by LoyalRoyalty: 7:51am On Sep 29, 2020
sdakin:
I applied at Ikeja on d 4 of sept
Any update from TLS?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by opomulero(m): 7:56am On Sep 29, 2020
opomulero:
good evening NL's,

Please do anyone know hotels or homestay where just one person can book 14 day quarantine stay in UK.
A guy will be travelling in a week hasnt booked any quarantine stay yet.

Kindly assist

any update
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Vasco1dagama(m): 8:47am On Sep 29, 2020
Rheminix:
I don't really get your question.
are you saying the airline you booked goes out of schedule or you just want another date for your flight ?
regardless, if you want to rebook, then you must satisfy the airline terms and conditions for rebooking but note, not all airlines company accept rebooking.
i
if it was due to change in schedule by Nigeria government agency NCAA as you put it then the
the airline owe you a reschedule flight. it is at their prerogative to rearrange your flight.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Vasco1dagama(m): 8:57am On Sep 29, 2020
[quote
author=opomulero post=94423238]

any update[/quote]omo, as you dey book hotel make sure to make payment and confirm from the hotel if they can guarantee your 14 days quarantine.
the new ways ukba are using to deport people nowadays is, they call hotel to get guarantee that a guard will monitor your stay and ensure the 14 days is over before going out. most hotels found it too acculean to bear and so refusing to accept despite collecting payment.
just be careful.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by graceodini: 9:34am On Sep 29, 2020
Vasco1dagama:
omo, as you dey book hotel make sure to make payment and confirm from the hotel if they can guarantee your 14 days quarantine.
the new ways ukba are using to deport people nowadays is, they call hotel to get guarantee that a guard will monitor your stay and ensure the 14 days is over before going out. most hotels found it too acculean to bear and so refusing to accept despite collecting payment.
just be careful.

Please what about those visiting family and friends for less than 14days?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Monmarri: 9:37am On Sep 29, 2020
raibrahim:

Yes you need to go through the process again with the same information and documents given previously
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by OBYNOWEST12(m): 10:54am On Sep 29, 2020
For those who are traveling, How do you guys change naira to pounds b4 traveling? How much cash in pounds do one needs to hold on hand b4 boarding airplane, like money dat will cover minor expenses like transportation fare from London airport to ur destination?

Need your contributions..

Monmarri:

Yes you need to go through the process again with the same information and documents given previously
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by pufframmy: 11:07am On Sep 29, 2020
https://www.dorsetthotels.com/en/dorsett-city-london/offers/14-day-self-isolation-package.html

opomulero:
good evening NL's,

Please do anyone know hotels or homestay where just one person can book 14 day quarantine stay in UK.
A guy will be travelling in a week hasnt booked any quarantine stay yet.

Kindly assist
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Monmarri: 1:26pm On Sep 29, 2020
OBYNOWEST12:
For those who are traveling, How do you guys change naira to pounds b4 traveling? How much cash in pounds do one needs to hold on hand b4 boarding airplane, like money dat will cover minor expenses like transportation fare from London airport to ur destination?

Need your contributions..

You can change with Mallam or you go to the bank. Just compare.

Just hold £200. You will still hold some change after expenses

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Vasco1dagama(m): 1:32pm On Sep 29, 2020
graceodini:

Please what about those visiting family and friends for less than 14days?
if it is stated on your visa that you will be visiting family or friends then simply provide their address on the form.
am actually concerned about those without family or friends who are using hotel reservation as their point of destination.
a whole lot happened in recent week so guys exercise caution oooo. if you are close to airport officials in Lagos you go hear plenty Tori wey no sweet at all. a lady returned with tears on her eyes despite holding a baby ukba denied her entry on the ground that the hotel she booked refuse to guarantee them.
it's a new twist going on now oo.
am still trying to figure out if it was because of the recent increase in Corona virus in UK. or could it be because of the illegal migrant crossing from Calais in France to UK through English channel. I also heard that some areas in UK are currently on lockdown. the thing turf now oo.
well I will be glad if UK authorities can inform hotels about the need to provide extra securities that will monitor guests. as it stand now, most hotels are not aware that they will be the once to monitor tourist .
so make sure you clearify everything with your hotel before booking. no be when you reach airport them begin tell you say our contract agreement does not include security that will monitor you so Dem no go fit accept.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Kinpelz(f): 2:05pm On Sep 29, 2020
Good afternoon,

Please for those traveling to the UK soon, is there any requirement to do covid test?

I am travelling with BA and there is no requirement for this. However, I have heard people say they were asked at the airport. Please anyone with information on this?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brightingsus: 2:08pm On Sep 29, 2020
Kinpelz:
Good afternoon,

Please for those traveling to the UK soon, is there any requirement to do covid test?

I am travelling with BA and there is no requirement for this. However, I have heard people say they were asked at the airport. Please anyone with information on this?

I have a family member visiting me tonight on BA from Lagos. No Covid was done. We filled the passenger journey and contact details form online. I can come back and give u their experience after they depart tonight.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Kinpelz(f): 2:19pm On Sep 29, 2020
Thank you very much. I shall look forward to your update on this.
Brightingsus:

I have a family member visiting me tonight on BA from Lagos. No Covid was done. We filled the passenger journey and contact details form online. I can come back and give u their experience after they depart tonight.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by LoyalRoyalty: 3:15pm On Sep 29, 2020
Vasco1dagama:
if it is stated on your visa that you will be visiting family or friends then simply provide their address on the form.
am actually concerned about those without family or friends who are using hotel reservation as their point of destination.
a whole lot happened in recent week so guys exercise caution oooo. if you are close to airport officials in Lagos you go hear plenty Tori wey no sweet at all. a lady returned with tears on her eyes despite holding a baby ukba denied her entry on the ground that the hotel she booked refuse to guarantee them.
it's a new twist going on now oo.
am still trying to figure out if it was because of the recent increase in Corona virus in UK. or could it be because of the illegal migrant crossing from Calais in France to UK through English channel. I also heard that some areas in UK are currently on lockdown. the thing turf now oo.
well I will be glad if UK authorities can inform hotels about the need to provide extra securities that will monitor guests. as it stand now, most hotels are not aware that they will be the once to monitor tourist .
so make sure you clearify everything with your hotel before booking. no be when you reach airport them begin tell you say our contract agreement does not include security that will monitor you so Dem no go fit accept.
It's a dicey situation. The hotel management can even deny having such arrangements with their client(s). UK government should be able to make plans for where people would quarantine for 2 weeks otherwise they shouldn't issue visas to people instead of turning them back at the port of entry and making people go through emotional, mental and financial torture.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by LoyalRoyalty: 3:33pm On Sep 29, 2020
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by SasaEnitan: 4:02pm On Sep 29, 2020
Hello,
Please does anyone know if British Airways requires Covid 19 test to fly?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brightingsus: 4:07pm On Sep 29, 2020
SasaEnitan:
Hello,
Please does anyone know if British Airways requires Covid 19 test to fly?

For London destination, then No.

(1) (2) (3) ... (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.