Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,510 members, 7,826,936 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (350) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1450136 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kunzzy4me(m): 7:19pm On Oct 06, 2020
dehiero:
Has anyone here gotten a visit visa without any travel history before? I mean a virgin passport

Yes.....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by RivuletStream: 8:08pm On Oct 06, 2020
giselle237:

U can wait a little. They might send u a not straightforward email today OR maybe a decision email.. u can wait and see how it plays out cause I do believe they have a lot of applications at the mo’
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by HRprof: 8:50pm On Oct 06, 2020
RivuletStream:

I was sent a refusal mail in the morning

Did you summit your passport with your application ?
Do they sent decision mail before you get your passport back if passport is submitted?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by RivuletStream: 8:55pm On Oct 06, 2020
HRprof:

Did you summit your passport with your application ?
Do they sent decision mail before you get your passport back if passport is submitted?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by soldierboy1001: 8:57pm On Oct 06, 2020
Please is there any one who submitted in August here still waiting This thing done tire me oooo
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by RivuletStream: 8:58pm On Oct 06, 2020
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 9:57pm On Oct 06, 2020
RivuletStream:
I want to address the issues raised in the refusal letter and reapply immediately using priority service. Please how much is the cost of 'walk in service' at TLS?

i dont have an answer to your question but please amidst the bad feelings of getting refused can you kindly post your refusal letter on here just so future applicants like myself can learn from your mistakes. you can also hide or erase sensitive details.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kaampe1: 10:13pm On Oct 06, 2020
Please house I need an urgent response to this. I want to apply for a tourist visa for myself and my youngest child (2yrs). Do i need to pay for his visa too or will mine cover his?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Cyberknight: 10:17pm On Oct 06, 2020
RivuletStream:
I want to address the issues raised in the refusal letter and reapply immediately using priority service. Please how much is the cost of 'walk in service' at TLS?

"Walk-in" is 42,000 naira.
Priority is 220 pounds.
You're looking at a total of about 150,000 naira.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Poch: 11:00pm On Oct 06, 2020
dehiero:
Has anyone here gotten a visit visa without any travel history before? I mean a virgin passport

No one was born with travel history na... there must always be a first time ... grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by RivuletStream: 11:21pm On Oct 06, 2020
Cyberknight:

"Walk-in" is 42,000 naira.
Priority is 220 pounds.
You're looking at a total of about 150,000 naira.

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Teepee85: 11:24pm On Oct 06, 2020
Hello house, could you please help me out with my budget for my uk visa. I earn 259k each month and spend 40k as expenses every month. Please what reasonable budget can I present for a 6 days visit to the Uk. Pls put hotel Hotel reservation into consideration and this is my first application. Abeg help a brother. I am confuse
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dehiero: 11:24pm On Oct 06, 2020
Poch:

No one was born with travel history na... there must always be a first time ... grin
The competition is fierce bro

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by imgcasted(m): 1:04am On Oct 07, 2020
RivuletStream:

I was sent a refusal mail in the morning

So sorry about that
Never give up
You tried mailing me,I can’t access my email for now

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by BiggestAmaju: 2:32am On Oct 07, 2020
Teepee85:
Hello house, could you please help me out with my budget for my uk visa. I earn 259k each month and spend 40k as expenses every month. Please what reasonable budget can I present for a 6 days visit to the Uk. Pls put hotel Hotel reservation into consideration and this is my first application. Abeg help a brother. I am confuse

Just try to keep your budget around £900 and make a very good presentation of your application. You can work around something like:
Return Ticket: £460
Hotel Accommodation with wifi: £150
Feeding: £160
Transportation: £30
Shopping for my children £100
Total: £900

Bear in mind that there are very many free attractions in London with trekkable distances. Transportation within central London is somewhat cheap once you are familiar with the routes. For the accommodation make a thorough search for the cheapest or consider hostels with wifi but without breakfast. I am sure you can comfortably workout something around £900. But most importantly make sure you send in a very good application with good reason for wanting to spend that much for a 6 days trip when you spend a meagre 40k monthly smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bigtt76(f): 4:06am On Oct 07, 2020
Ok that's fine. I also noticed you had been issued visas in the past which is good but they would always want to assess you based on your current status and situation.

Fair enough your dad states clearly the narration in his transfers to you not sure that's a sustainable source but it might fly.

I would suggest if you can get a letter from your university stating your current status of study in the school academically and financially to help boost your chances. It's only the school that can vividly support your claims of being a student and chances of you returning back to school.

BTW where are you applying through? Nigeria or Jamaica? If Nigeria, you might need to explain why you're in Nigeria and not in school and why you choose to travel to the UK and not back to Jamaica for school. All the best.

twojul:
Thank you for responding
When my dad transfers the money every month he usually puts a note saying student up keep and that is showing in the statement. I can't use his statement this time cos he doesn't have sufficient funds.

As i'm a student would that not prove that i'll have to return to my uni and not stay indefinitely in the UK?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Zenanted(m): 5:12am On Oct 07, 2020
Good morning house, I want to apply for spouse visa, I'm based in Dubai and my partner is based in the UK, we want to visit Nigeria by the end of this year prior to my application, should I apply from Nigeria or here in UAE... I need an urgent response. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brightingsus: 5:25am On Oct 07, 2020
kaampe1:
Please house I need an urgent response to this. I want to apply for a tourist visa for myself and my youngest child (2yrs). Do i need to pay for his visa too or will mine cover his?

You would need to pay for your child's visa application also.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by alert20: 6:24am On Oct 07, 2020
ashekmoney:
Hello house good news from my side I got my visa today pickup from Ikeja after 8 attempt all glory be to Almighty God.

Congratulations on your visa....... 8attempts you try ooooo

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kaampe1: 6:58am On Oct 07, 2020
[thank you for the infoquote author=Brightingsus post=94686515]

You would need to pay for your child's visa application also.[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by RivuletStream: 7:13am On Oct 07, 2020
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Pompomriser: 8:30am On Oct 07, 2020
giselle237:

No to uploading the checklist and application form. Just go with the checklist on your biometrics day

Hello, old can I get guidelines on how to apply for a refund of my assisted service that I didn't make use of.
I had an appointment for the 29 of September and paid for assisted service. Fortunately I got another closer date on 21 of September and did self service.
How do I go about getting a refund for the assisted service not used. Thanks great minds.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Pompomriser: 8:42am On Oct 07, 2020
soldierboy1001:
Please is there any one who submitted in August here still waiting This thing done tire me oooo

A good friend of mine that did his first biometric on 20th August just got his approved visa last week and much waiting and tension. It ended in praise.
A little more patient and urs will turn out favourable.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by soldierboy1001: 9:16am On Oct 07, 2020
[quote author=Pompomriser post=94690586]
A good friend of mine that did his first biometric on 20th August just got his approved visa last week and much waiting and tension. It ended in praise.
A little more patient and urs will turn out favourable.

Ok. Did he submit in lagos or Abuja. Mine is 18th august, in Abuja.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by iyatrustee(f): 9:28am On Oct 07, 2020
Pompomriser:

Hello, old can I get guidelines on how to apply for a refund of my assisted service that I didn't make use of.
I had an appointment for the 29 of September and paid for assisted service. Fortunately I got another closer date on 21 of September and did self service.
How do I go about getting a refund for the assisted service not used. Thanks great minds.

There was a prompt up on TLS appointment page at the point you wanted to amend your date that there wont be any refunds! I tried adjusting date for one of my kids on assisted service and i saw that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by pufframmy: 9:54am On Oct 07, 2020
congratulations what was the reason for the 8 denied
ashekmoney:
Hello house good news from my side I got my visa today pickup from Ikeja after 8 attempt all glory be to Almighty God.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Pompomriser: 11:42am On Oct 07, 2020
iyatrustee:

There was a prompt up on TLS appointment page at the point you wanted to amend your date that there wont be any refunds! I tried adjusting date for one of kids on assisted service and i saw that.
Ok. Thanks for the info.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Pompomriser: 11:43am On Oct 07, 2020
[quote author=soldierboy1001 post=94691653][/quote]
Abuja
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Asoko80: 11:55am On Oct 07, 2020
Good morning house
Thank you all for your answers to my previous questions.
I need another help please!
Am trying to book an appointment with Tls contact for visitor visa in Ikeja Lagos but am seeing priority services (non settlement)
Really confused right now.
Please what am I to do?
And please what is ukvi?
Thank you all
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Vasco1dagama(m): 12:10pm On Oct 07, 2020
RivuletStream:
I reckon you need to wait for some months before applying. though I would be glad if you show your refusal letter here. if it is visiting visa ,don't apply now.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 1:04pm On Oct 07, 2020
Which Nigerian bank is giving PTA this week? My folks are having trouble finding one.

(1) (2) (3) ... (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.