Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,301 members, 7,811,892 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:32 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (352) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1440322 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Yemi234: 11:46am On Oct 08, 2020
Hello everyone, I received a refusal mail yesterday. Reasons were cause I didn’t attach a business registration certificate since I mentioned I was self employed (artist & photographer). I explained why in my cover letter and shared invoices of my source of income.
Also, because of immigration history. I think that’s cause my passport is virgin, hence they felt I intended to go and never come back.

Moving forward, I would rectify all of these issues and reapply next year. But in the mean time, is it advisable I join a tourist group on a trip to Istanbul this November? Would my UK refusal affect that? I just thought to apply for the tourist opportunity to atleast boost my travel history while I work on rectifying my other issues.

Please respond.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by TheExalted: 11:56am On Oct 08, 2020
Teepee85:
Thanks alot for your suggestions. I am having a rethink of it reasonable to stay on UK for 6 days cos I'm expected self isolate for the 6 days. I think the purpose of my visit is defeated if I can't go out during my stay. Pls do you know anyone who got a uk visit visa while staying for less than 14 days ?

[q inuote author=TheExalted post=94699125]

Your monthly salary is about 518 pounds as at today.

Except for the effect of Covid-19 14 days quarantine, you could plan a 2 week tourism with GBP1k budget. However, this is almost double your monthly salary and it is a risk factor. If you have someone that can invite you so you don't have to pay for accommodation, your budget can come down to about 700 Pounds.

If no one is inviting you, i'd suggest you find an affordable hostel in/or outside London. Keeping your budget low but reasonable will be helpful.

TeePee85
Staying less than 6 days means you will be violating Covid-19 guidelines so the purpose is defeated as you may not be allowed entry at the POE.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by TheExalted: 12:00pm On Oct 08, 2020
Yemi234:
Hello everyone, I received a refusal mail yesterday. Reasons were cause I didn’t attach a business registration certificate since I mentioned I was self employed (artist & photographer). I explained why in my cover letter and shared invoices of my source of income.
Also, because of immigration history. I think that’s cause my passport is virgin, hence they felt I intended to go and never come back.

Moving forward, I would rectify all of these issues and reapply next year. But in the mean time, is it advisable I join a tourist group on a trip to Istanbul this November? Would my UK refusal affect that? I just thought to apply for the tourist opportunity to atleast boost my travel history while I work on rectifying my other issues.

Please respond.

Yemi234

I am sorry to hear about your refusal. Travel history is always a plus. You could travel out to improve your chances but it is not necessarily a requirement. You could get a visa without travel history by addressing the issues raised in your refusal letter. Make sure you dot the "i" and cross the "t"s.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by TheExalted: 12:01pm On Oct 08, 2020
dubaiprince:
Picked up my Visa today.
Tier 2 general. Biometrics done on 16th September at TLS VI.

You all have been very supportive. Information exchanges here have been helpful

Congratulations Dubaiprince!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by UhnNah: 12:18pm On Oct 08, 2020
Somethings needs to be cleared! Anyone with a Verifiable answer should help!

When filling your visiting visa application,No need to include your quarantine days to the days you intend to spend? (I think the answer to this is No,no need correct?)

When traveling to the UK with a visiting visa,do you book your ticket counting the 14 days + stay days?

If you book less than 14 days ticket and plan to spend the whole 6-7 days in an hotel and fill the locator form,will you have an issue at the port of entry? According to GOVUK website,it said you’re allowed to spend less than 14 days as long as your quarantine for the whole days!

Would prefer answers from people with recent experience on these things!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 12:45pm On Oct 08, 2020
UhnNah:
Somethings needs to be cleared! Anyone with a Verifiable answer should help!

When filling your visiting visa application,No need to include your quarantine days to the days you intend to spend? (I think the answer to this is No,no need correct?)

When traveling to the UK with a visiting visa,do you book your ticket counting the 14 days + stay days?

If you book less than 14 days ticket and plan to spend the whole 6-7 days in an hotel and fill the locator form,will you have an issue at the port of entry? According to GOVUK website,it said you’re allowed to spend less than 14 days as long as your quarantine for the whole days!

Would prefer answers from people with recent experience on these things!

1. You don't need to add 14 quarantine days
2. Although these things are case specific but it would look really stupid for a tourist to say that they flew to the UK only to quarantine for the WHOLE duration of their stay. It's even more ludicrous to think an EO would believe that someone who's main purpose of visiting the UK is tourism (not visiting a dying family member, birth of a child etc) will quarantine for the duration of their stay.

Unless you can convince the person beyond reasonable doubt it's advisable to make necessary adjustments.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by UhnNah: 12:56pm On Oct 08, 2020
Nchabuomo:

1. You don't need to add 14 quarantine days
2. Although these things are case specific but it would look really stupid for a tourist to say that they flew to the UK only to quarantine for the WHOLE duration of their stay. It's even more ludicrous to think an EO would believe that someone who's main purpose of visiting the UK is tourism (not visiting a dying family member, birth of a child etc) will quarantine for the duration of their stay.

Unless you can convince the person beyond reasonable doubt it's advisable to make necessary adjustments.

I agree & thanks! Expecting other opinions as well pls!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by A1list: 2:37pm On Oct 08, 2020
Hello Everyone.
I'm applying for a visiting visa together with my fiancée and I was expecting to see a column where I would add her name and details,But I can't find that...
I'm at the section where I will pay the Visa fee,Now I want to be sure I'm not making any mistake before I pay...
Or Am I to create a separate Application for her?
I'm aware we will pay visa fee for 2...I just don't know maybe It will be consolidated application or we use 2 different application.
Thank you in Advance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by iyatrustee(f): 2:39pm On Oct 08, 2020
A1list:
Hello Everyone.
I'm applying for a visiting visa together with my fiancée and I was expecting to see a column where I would add her name and details,But I can't find that...
I'm at the section where I will pay the Visa fee,Now I want to be sure I'm not making any mistake before I pay...
I'm aware we will pay visa fee for 2...I just don't know maybe It will be consolidated application or we use 2 different application.
Thank you in Advance.

2 applications. Everybody has to fill seperately
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by A1list: 2:45pm On Oct 08, 2020
iyatrustee:

2 applications. Everybody has to fill seperately
Thank you for this very swift response....
I'm still wondering if there will be a way for us to join this application together because I'm the sponsor and few other things still interwoven...We're going for honeymoon....
Just wondering.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by opomulero(m): 3:07pm On Oct 08, 2020
A1list:

I'm still wondering if there will be a way for us to join this application together because I'm the sponsor and few other things still interwoven...We're going for honeymoon....
Just wondering.

fill ur and fill hers separately,
any interwoven questions ask here, gurus will roll out the answers for u asap
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Yemi234: 4:00pm On Oct 08, 2020
Thank you. I would ensure to.

TheExalted:

Yemi234

I am sorry to hear about your refusal. Travel history is always a plus. You could travel out to improve your chances but it is not necessarily a requirement. You could get a visa without travel history by addressing the issues raised in your refusal letter. Make sure you dot the "i" and cross the "t"s.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by pol23: 5:13pm On Oct 08, 2020
A1list:

Just wondering.
I hope someone will answer this.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 5:15pm On Oct 08, 2020
A1list:
Hello Everyone.
Thank you in Advance.

There is a question that should ask if you are travelling alone.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 5:18pm On Oct 08, 2020
A1list:

Just wondering.

Add this as additonal information. i.e though not yet married that you guys will be married by the time of the trip and that the trip is your honeymoon. Attach your wedding card if any. Also add the few other interwoven things there with proof. Book as family appointment or at least book on the same time
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by BiggestAmaju: 5:33pm On Oct 08, 2020
Picked up 5 years visa for my wife, 2 kids and I today. We had 6 months previously which expired August. We have visited previously and submitted places visited and the apartment we used. Was fast this time cos it took a total processing time of 10 days.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by pol23: 5:51pm On Oct 08, 2020
BiggestAmaju:
Picked up 5 years visa for my wife, 2 kids and I today. We had 6 months previously which expired August. We have visited previously and submitted places visited and the apartment we used. Was fast this time cos it took a total processing time of 10 days.
It should even be faster.... It's obvious you are a tourist.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Vasco1dagama(m): 7:17pm On Oct 08, 2020
UhnNah:

I agree & thanks! Expecting other opinions as well pls!
@ nichabouno has answered your question already,any other contradictory answer will not only mislead you but land you in trouble.
simply put 7 days in your visa application
when visa is out , book 21 days (7+14) return flight.
we are in the era of Corona virus, therefore try and fulfilled their covid 19 protocols.
it makes no sense to say am visiting just to luck up myself in a guardroom afterwards get out.
just as he said, you are not visiting a seriously ill person ( about to die) ,a person that newly deliver a baby or other critical events. even at that, you are not allowed to mingle with others outside your address.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Teepee85: 9:11pm On Oct 08, 2020
Pls guru in the house. I am about completing my application but I keep wondering if I have to explain expenses during my visit. I mean a breakdown of how much and how I intend to spend my money. Pls give your advice o
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 9:27pm On Oct 08, 2020
Please if you Don't have anybody to vouch for you at the Airport in the UK Don't travel as a tourist for now. My Experience as a tourist at the POE.
Date: 06-10-2020. Manchester Airport

Officer an Old Woman: Good Morning passport please
Me: Good morning and transfer my passport to her

Officer: Why are you here? Why do you travel in the middle of a LockDown?
Me: I came to visit my friend, and i have been issued a Six month Visa before the pandemic and i apply for another visa and have been issue another Six month so i thought i should use it now before it got expired again.

Office: How long have you know this your friend
Me: From Childhood

Officer: What is your friend Status
Me: ILR

Officer: Where does your friend work
Me: My friend works in so so so Bank

Officer: His your friend Married
Me: Yes his married but i think his divorce now.

Officer: What's name and Phone Number
Me: His name and phone number is on the Locator form (this is where i no this people wants to turn people back cause she's just realizing i have locator form.

Officer: Does he know you're coming, and His he coming to pick you up.
Me: yes he knows and he's coming to pick me up.

Officer: How long are you staying?
Me: 27Days from Now till first week of November.

Officer: So what will you be doing inside?
Me: I will first isolate myself for 14Days after that my friend will take me round the city to take pictures

Officer: How much is available with you?
Me: I quickly open my jacket i present 500Pound i change from Aboki at the rate of 300K. and i continue to to tell her that i gat more money in my card.

Officer: How much do you have in your your card
Me: I can only convert to USD at the moment i have 1500USD in my Card.

Officer: Are you married?
Me: Yes

Officer: Why are you traveling alone?
Me: My wife is staying with our child in Nigeria.

Officer: Oh you got a child?
Me: Yes i have a daughter

Officer: where do you work?
Me: I work in so so so Company

Officer: For how long have you been working there
Me: 10Years

Officer: Have you bee refuse Visa Before
Me: Yes in 2016

Officer: Okay You can sit down why i run some checks.

Na so she go for like 7Minutes and that's how all Officer on the counters does for every arrival even for older parents and they will go inside to go and call your people who are going to vouch for you if they know you and can enforce the isolation rules on you.

Officer returns: And Stamp my passport and says have a nice time
Me: Thank You

Don't use Hotel as Isolation as the Officer can return back and said hotel cannot vouch for you, find a reliable person to use as visiting when you want to come. My friend as to stand his ground for me,

Stay Safe

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by LoyalRoyalty: 10:06pm On Oct 08, 2020
abbeyluv:
Please if you Don't have anybody to vouch for you at the Airport in the UK Don't travel as a tourist for now. My Experience as a tourist at the POE.
Date: 06-10-2020. Manchester Airport

Officer an Old Woman: Good Morning passport please
Me: Good morning and transfer my passport to her

Officer: Why are you here? Why do you travel in the middle of a LockDown?
Me: I came to visit my friend, and i have been issued a Six month Visa before the pandemic and i apply for another visa and have been issue another Six month so i thought i should use it now before it got expired again.

Office: How long have you know this your friend
Me: From Childhood

Officer: What is your friend Status
Me: ILR

Officer: Where does your friend work
Me: My friend works in so so so Bank

Officer: His your friend Married
Me: Yes his married but i think his divorce now.

Officer: What's name and Phone Number
Me: His name and phone number is on the Locator form (this is where i no this people wants to turn people back cause she's just realizing i have locator form.

Officer: Does he know you're coming, and His he coming to pick you up.
Me: yes he knows and he's coming to pick me up.

Officer: How long are you staying?
Me: 27Days from Now till first week of November.

Officer: So what will you be doing inside?
Me: I will first isolate myself for 14Days after that my friend will take me round the city to take pictures

Officer: How much is available with you?
Me: I quickly open my jacket i present 500Pound i change from Aboki at the rate of 300K. and i continue to to tell her that i gat more money in my card.

Officer: How much do you have in your your card
Me: I can only convert to USD at the moment i have 1500USD in my Card.

Officer: Are you married?
Me: Yes

Officer: Why are you traveling alone?
Me: My wife is staying with our child in Nigeria.

Officer: Oh you got a child?
Me: Yes i have a daughter

Officer: where do you work?
Me: I work in so so so Company

Officer: For how long have you been working there
Me: 10Years

Officer: Have you bee refuse Visa Before
Me: Yes in 2016

Officer: Okay You can sit down why i run some checks.

Na so she go for like 7Minutes and that's how all Officer on the counters does for every arrival even for older parents and they will go inside to go and call your people who are going to vouch for you if they know you and can enforce the isolation rules on you.

Officer returns: And Stamp my passport and says have a nice time
Me: Thank You

Don't use Hotel as Isolation as the Officer can return back and said hotel cannot vouch for you, find a reliable person to use as visiting when you want to come. My friend as to stand his ground for me,

Stay Safe
You said tourists shouldn't use hotel as where they would self-isolate. Where would tourists who do not know anybody in the UK self-isolate?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 11:08pm On Oct 08, 2020
Wait till lockdown ease or try your luck with hotel and share your experience. Have traveled to so many countries and have always lodge in a hotel for the duration of my stay. even the UK i visited i would have spent only 6Days in London if not for the Pandemic and not Visited anybody. But at it is now the world is not normal, so different method as to be emulated. let us wait for another persons transcript at POE. my advice is just for people to be aware what they might encounter at the POE.
LoyalRoyalty:
You said tourists shouldn't use hotel as where they would self-isolate. Where would tourists who do not know anybody in the UK self-isolate?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Vasco1dagama(m): 12:45am On Oct 09, 2020
abbeyluv:
Wait till lockdown ease or try your luck with hotel and share your experience. Have traveled to so many countries and have always lodge in a hotel for the duration of my stay. even the UK i visited i would have spent only 6Days in London if not for the Pandemic and not Visited anybody. But at it is now the world is not normal, so different method as to be emulated. let us wait for another persons transcript at POE. my advice is just for people to be aware what they might encounter at the POE.
last week a made an alarming post here about same issue unfortunately some persons in here are accusing me of posting false informations and that people have been traveling without complain.
the previous week before my post I heard about 4 deported persons on the basis of inabilities by hotels to guarantee needed security for their guest as requested by UK border Force.
I tried to warn people to be aware of the new unpublished system at the border control . I doubt if many hotels are aware either, only to encounter series of questions from ukba demanding them to provide security of which the hotels are seeing it as extra cost .
this hotels owners don't know you in question , only agreed to accommodate the period you paid for but being subjected to questions as if they want to habour a criminal and that is the reasons most of them backed out of hitherto contracts thereby rendering their guest with no option than to be deported.
I still think the solution to this will be

to inform the hotels where one will be lodging about the recent developments.

ask whether they can guarantee you or not before you book a flight.

confirm very well oooo. some hotels owners stupid gon,they can claim they only agreed to Lodge you but not to police you.
at that point no hope even if you plan to Lodge other elsewhere .

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by flinton(m): 1:03am On Oct 09, 2020
Rheminix:
Turkish airline
Hello sir, how did u pay for Turkish Airlines?
I'm trying to pay via gtb mastercard, I keep getting payment not successful
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Vasco1dagama(m): 1:11am On Oct 09, 2020
LoyalRoyalty:
hotels dey fall people hand Wella.
after booking hotel , at the point of entry border Force usually trow heavy questions at them asking them to police your period of quarantine.
some hotels will panick and then cancel agreement.
some feels is not their duty to police whoever Lodge in their hotel. they feel is at the prerogative of border officials to monitor that aspect and so wouldn't want to incure extra cost to run loss.

what somebody was advised to do last week and it all went well ,infact he wasn't questioned at poe. but for safety purpose.

* assume the hotels aren't aware of this law.
* inform the hotel about the new policies.
*get tangeable assurance that they will guarantee your security at extra cost .
* request for the receptionist numbers in case of change in roaster .
* then pray.
... from what I heard, they said at the poe some hotels due to stringent scrutiny are refusing to honor clients contracts.
also consider the fact that some hotel workers who may not be aware of clients agreement may be at the front desk on the day client arrive the poe.
God forbid bad thing, make Dem come they question receptionist wey just take up shift about providing security for wetin Dem never do before.
the thing now na luck

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 1:16am On Oct 09, 2020
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 5:36am On Oct 09, 2020
Oga thank you for your previous post about POE, am a silent reader here. when you post about people been deported at the POE. I have to change my flight from turkish Airline from London to Manchester where i know a sure person that will pickup calls and vouch for me when contacted by the BP.

Those with other categories of Visa's where not question much as the tourist. as i spent much time waiting for the woman to come back and stamp me in. why Student Visa and other type of Visa where just going in without asking much questions from them.

Vasco1dagama:
hotels dey fall people hand Wella.
after booking hotel , at the point of entry border Force usually trow heavy questions at them asking them to police your period of quarantine.
some hotels will panick and then cancel agreement.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oladotunfelix2: 8:56am On Oct 09, 2020
Good morning good people please here is my final break down

Ticket £460
Hotel £144
Daily feeding £30× 7 = £210
Transport pass £25

Total £839

BiggestAmaju:
Personally, the budget is still high if it's your first application. You can keep flight within 450 or 460. There are very many free tour attractions in London like London eye, Buckingham palace, Trafliager square, St James Park and very many trekkable places around central London you can use to your advantage to reduce the budget; keep your budget within 900 and 1,000. How you present your case matters most, not the amount.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by UhnNah: 9:20am On Oct 09, 2020
abbeyluv:

Did you fill on your UK visa application form that you have someone in UK or you use hotel booking?

I agree with the other person saying one should call the hotel and make arrangements before leaving! Seems like a good plan!

And UK seems to be working on reducing the whole 14 days stuff! It will get better by Gods grace!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/travel/2020/oct/08/uk-government-looks-into-reducing-travel-coronavirus-quarantine-testing-arrivals
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 9:45am On Oct 09, 2020
I use hotel booking for my Visa Application and i didn’t mention having anybody in the UK.
UhnNah:

Did you fill on your UK visa application form that you have someone in UK or you use hotel booking?

I agree with the other person saying one should call the hotel and make arrangements before leaving! Seems like a good plan!

And UK seems to be working on reducing the whole 14 days stuff! It will get better by Gods grace!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/travel/2020/oct/08/uk-government-looks-into-reducing-travel-coronavirus-quarantine-testing-arrivals
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by UhnNah: 9:50am On Oct 09, 2020
abbeyluv:
I use hotel booking for my Visa Application and i didn’t mention having anybody in the UK.

Noted!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oyin000000: 10:24am On Oct 09, 2020
BiggestAmaju:
I know quite a few that were returned at port of entry for this reason. The last being yesterday.

Was this because their said holiday was less than 14 days? or for what other reasons please?

(1) (2) (3) ... (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.