Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (365) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1446675 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by talentarena(m): 11:01am On Oct 30, 2020
opomulero:

Bamo2020, i think they just need you to be coordinated and straightforward, you are lumping things up for the eco and i think they dont have that time to be thinking or assuming for you the way you package your application.

multiple account will surely give them problem (cut ot down to max of 2 but 1 account is better my own opinion though)

Also your cover letter can do the magic at times, simple and few sentences about the credit and debit is highly neccessary.

Carry gurus along on this platform also highly neccessary (IMO though).

I have this mentality of thinking locally (think like a tourist) when im applying for any VISA

e.g.
how much does average uk citizen spend per week (i plan my budget breakdown around the amount)

what is the average hotel cost that tourist go for in uk (i budget around the cost)

what is the average cost of tourist transportation in uk per week (i budget around the cost)

and the question goes on & on, after doing all ur calculation it might not be even up to 2x of ur Disposable income.

Best of luck in your next application, It will be + IJN.

Thanks boss I will try sgain in 6 months
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by enesty(m): 11:07am On Oct 30, 2020
Good morning gurus in the house
Please I need your help,I am planning on relocation to the UK with my family,my wife and kid. Please help me as how should I go about this,I am currently saving up funds and I have almost 3m. Also I am a pharmaceutical personnel,sales representative.
I would need to b pointed towards the right route.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Kenttoday: 11:43am On Oct 30, 2020
Thanks. Also please when submitting the form online whatis required of us. All the requirements how do we submit it please... Will my mum send her bank statements etc to her for her to send with her biometrics ?

Monmarri:

The only documents will be from your side since y anti is not working. You only need to write in a cover letter or in y letter of invitation that she has a family here in Nigeria and she can not leave her family do come and stay as illegal immigrant in the UK. U will be responsible for all her bills, flights,(returned) accommodation and feeding. U must make sure she leaves the UK after her vacation is over.

Requirements from y side:
√ letter of invitation
√ Bank statement covering the amount of her flight
✓ your six months payslips showing evidence that you are working and able to take care of her
✓ staff ID
✓ Passport data page. Evidence of y status in the UK.
✓Tenancy agreement of y house

Requirement from y anti
✓Photos of her family
✓Marriage certificate if she has

I will advice that one person sponsor her, either u or y mum.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Chijiuba: 2:24pm On Oct 30, 2020
Greetings to everyone in the house, in early march I was denied UK visitors visa due to unexplained funds in my account, which the gurus in the house pointed it out and adviced I keep my account clean with my salary been the only credit, which I decided to embark on and resubmit this early November. But now I need your advice on what to do I the following situation.

NB: My salary normally comes in 2 parts (a smaller part, and then a larger part).

At first
1. I printed my statement from may 1st to 27th October, but due to the pandemic the first part of my salary (the smaller part) was paid on 25th april, while the larger part was paid 10th of may
And on 25th of that same may I recieved the 2 legs of my salary for may on the same day (which is how is normally is) but now do I need to explain to them that the salary paid on that 10th is due to the covid19 issue.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Monmarri: 3:28pm On Oct 30, 2020
Kenttoday:
Thanks. Also please when submitting the form online whatis required of us. All the requirements how do we submit it please... Will my mum send her bank statements etc to her for her to send with her biometrics ?

Every thing is uploaded on the application form both the SOA. No hard copies submitted again.. I will advice you to fill the online application form for her. Make it in such away that she can also have access to her application, then when she is satisfied, u pay online and book appointment for her.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 4:14pm On Oct 30, 2020
Chijiuba:
Greetings to everyone in the house, in early march I was denied UK visitors visa due to unexplained funds in my account, which the gurus in the house pointed it out and adviced I keep my account clean with my salary been the only credit, which I decided to embark on and resubmit this early November. But now I need your advice on what to do I the following situation.

NB: My salary normally comes in 2 parts (a smaller part, and then a larger part).

At first
1. I printed my statement from may 1st to 27th October, but due to the pandemic the first part of my salary (the smaller part) was paid on 25th april, while the larger part was paid 10th of may
And on 25th of that same may I recieved the 2 legs of my salary for may on the same day (which is how is normally is) but now do I need to explain to them that the salary paid on that 10th is due to the covid19 issue.
Plead with your HR or whosoever is responsible for writing your introduction letter, it should be inputted in the official note coming from ur office that u are paid in such and such way addressed to the embassy and also same information in ur cover letter.
It also makes it easier if the establishment name appears on ur statement as the one doing the transfers and not an individual’s name nor cash deposit
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Amolad111: 4:55pm On Oct 30, 2020
Dear Gurus in the house,

I just booked hostel with free breakfast in London for a Tourist holiday and wants to confirm if 15£ is okay for daily feeding while on holiday for 11 days.

Or should I budget for 20£ /day for the trip?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 5:45pm On Oct 30, 2020
Amolad111:
Dear Gurus in the house,

I just booked hostel with free breakfast in London for a Tourist holiday and wants to confirm if 15£ is okay for daily feeding while on holiday for 11 days.

Or should I budget for 20£ /day for the trip?
No one is goin to ask u to show the budget of daily feeding neither on ur application form nor documents.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mosesolawuyi: 6:04pm On Oct 30, 2020
Mates, my cousin cancelled his application since 25th September, a week before his appointment. According to DMC, the refund of his application fee was supposed to be made within 28 days. But up till now he has not received it. Is there anyone in a similar situation? Please how do we contact them? Has anyone got their email or telephone?
Thanks a lot.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Amolad111: 6:09pm On Oct 30, 2020
giselle237:

No one is goin to ask u to show the budget of daily feeding neither on ur application form nor documents.

Thank you for your response.

I stated this for me to do my budget for the trip considering flight, accommodation, shopping, transportation and miscellaneous.

So that I won't exceed my disposable income nor have a low budget for the proposed trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Chijiuba: 6:12pm On Oct 30, 2020
giselle237:

Plead with your HR or whosoever is responsible for writing your introduction letter, it should be inputted in the official note coming from ur office that u are paid in such and such way addressed to the embassy and also same information in ur cover letter.
It also makes it easier if the establishment name appears on ur statement as the one doing the transfers and not an individual’s name nor cash deposit

Yes it's the organisations name that appears and that is how every salary comes in terms of description.so are you advising that on the cover note it should state that the second leg of the salary which should normally come sequentially with the first leg, was paid about 2 weeks later because of the covid incident.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 6:16pm On Oct 30, 2020
Chijiuba:

Yes it's the organisations name that appears and that is how every salary comes in terms of description.so are you advising that on the cover note it should state that the second leg of the salary which should normally come sequentially with the first leg, was paid about 2 weeks later because of the covid incident.
Sir I actually said HR letter from ur organization and ur own cover letter should clearly explain these. I didnt mention cover letter in isolation. I think the two should say the same thing and not either or
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by iyatrustee(f): 7:52pm On Oct 30, 2020
mosesolawuyi:
Mates, my cousin cancelled his application since 25th September, a week before his appointment. According to DMC, the refund of his application fee was supposed to be made within 28 days. But up till now he has not received it. Is there anyone in a similar situation? Please how do we contact them? Has anyone got their email or telephone?
Thanks a lot.

It is actually 28working days, please note today is the 26th day after cancellation, he is almost there!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Marytee2: 7:54pm On Oct 30, 2020
Hello gurus in the house. A quick question. If I changed my appointment date on tls website, will I lose the money initially paid e.g payment for express courier??
Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 8:03pm On Oct 30, 2020
Hello everyone, please a friend was able to make flight reservation last month at the rate of 245k. The said reservation has already been cancelled by the airline. His travel date is February next year and biometrics date is 15th December 2020. Can he go ahead and use same reservation or possibly get a current one that carries the present high price. Your responses will be appreciated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 8:07pm On Oct 30, 2020
royalmu:
Hello everyone, please a friend was able to make flight reservation last month at the rate of 245k. The said reservation has already been cancelled by the airline. His travel date is February next year and biometrics date is 15th December 2020. Can he go ahead and use same reservation or possibly get a current one that carries the present high price. Your responses will be appreciated.

Not that it's any of my business but why is he attaching a flight ticket?

Generally DO NOT ATTACH what is not requested, it does not make the job of the ECO easier going through needless documents.

If he is bent on attaching a flight reservation he should use a valid one.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 8:19pm On Oct 30, 2020
Nchabuomo:

Not that it's any of my business but why is he attaching a flight ticket?

Generally DO NOT ATTACH what is not requested, it does not make the job of the ECO easier going through needless documents.

If he is bent on attaching a flight reservation he should use a valid one.
He is attaching it to make the budget breakdown easier to comprehend. Every reservation that isn't paid for after some days will automatically be cancelled or possibly expire depending on the airline. I also know that ECOs don't require flight payment until after visa has been approved.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by opomulero(m): 8:34pm On Oct 30, 2020
royalmu:

IMO,
i used kenya flight reservation for my last application which was "ON HOLD" and after 24hrs or so they cancelled it, and my biometric date was 2 weeks after i booked the flight reservation, to me i think the eco considers flight cost if the application looks somehow cos they even said we should not pay for flight untill visa is granted.
some people have done there application without flight reservatio and they were granted.

If I were to be in this situation and considering my budget i will try and search for recent flight reservation and if i coudnt find, I WILL USE IT LIKE THAT.
I havent seen any one denied cos of flight reservation cost before (i stand to be corrected though)

over to the gurus in the house.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 8:40pm On Oct 30, 2020
royalmu:
He is attaching it to make the budget breakdown easier to comprehend. Every reservation that isn't paid for after some days will automatically be cancelled or possibly expire depending on the airline. I also know that ECOs don't require flight payment until after visa has been approved.

Why is he attaching a budget breakdown?

Some of these headaches are self imposed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 8:51pm On Oct 30, 2020
Nchabuomo:

Why is he attaching a budget breakdown?

Some of these headaches are self imposed.
@opomulero, @ Nchabuomo. Thanks for your time. The concern now is that prices have gone up recently and the reservation he made was booked last month of which the price is quite low compare to the current price as at today. Won't they say the price doesn't tally with what is obtainable recently?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 8:55pm On Oct 30, 2020
royalmu:
@opomulero, @ Nchabuomo. Thanks for your time. The concern now is that prices have gone up recently and the reservation he made was booked last month of which the price is quite low compare to the current price as at today. Won't they say the price doesn't tally with what is obtainable recently?

I think the worry should be if the ECO puts a call to the airline that they can confirm his reservation. That said as a flight reservation isn't among the requested documents the ECO might not make use of it in coming to a decision.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Moradeyo20: 9:11pm On Oct 30, 2020
Moradeyo20:
Hi all

Can someone point me in the direction of a U.K. spouse visa timeline thread? We recently applied and it’d be nice to see what timelines people have and how long we can expect to wait for a response.

Can anyone assist?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 9:11pm On Oct 30, 2020
Nchabuomo:

I think the worry should be if the ECO puts a call to the airline that they can confirm his reservation. That said as a flight reservation isn't among the requested documents the ECO might not make use of it in coming to a decision.
From what Opomulero said, he got his visa despite submitting a flight reservation that was cancelled few hours after booking the flight. That settles the fact that they don't call to confirm flight reservation. Thanks for your contributions. I will show these conversations to him and ask him to use the reservation when the time comes.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by alert20: 9:55pm On Oct 30, 2020
royalmu:
From what Opomulero said, he got his visa despite submitting a flight reservation that was cancelled few hours after booking the flight. That settles the fact that they don't call to confirm flight reservation. Thanks for your contributions. I will show these conversations to him and ask him to use the reservation when the time comes.

Why not book the flight on et, they don't write the price when done booking, and their itinerary is super-b.. .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 10:02pm On Oct 30, 2020
alert20:

Why not book the flight on et, they don't write the price when done booking, and their itinerary is super-b.. .
Pease what's et?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mosesolawuyi: 11:13pm On Oct 30, 2020
iyatrustee:

It is actually 28 working days, please note today is the 26th day after cancellation, he is almost there!
Thanks a lot, iyatrustee.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Monmarri: 12:11am On Oct 31, 2020
Moradeyo20:

Can anyone assist?

https://www.nairaland.com/823869/uk-spouse-visa-appeal-process-part2
UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel - Nairaland Forum

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by iyatrustee(f): 5:34am On Oct 31, 2020
royalmu:

You should realise that every Clearance officer treats application that come to them differently! That someone else used it and had no issues doesn't make it obtainable. What if the officer handling his matter dey vex that day and look for the slightest mistake to show him or herself? grin

Like Nchabuomo asked, why do people add irrelevant document's? If you must include an unsolicited document, at least make it a valid and current one (My opinions!)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 9:15am On Oct 31, 2020
iyatrustee:

You should realise that every Clearance officer treats application that come to them differently! That someone else used it and had no issues doesn't make it obtainable. What if the officer handling his matter dey vex that day and look for the slightest mistake to show him or herself? grin

Like Nchabuomo asked, why do people add irrelevant document's? If you must include an unsolicited document, at least make it a valid and current one (My opinions!)
Noted. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by alert20: 9:39am On Oct 31, 2020
royalmu:
Pease what's et?

Lol �, Ethiopian Airlines
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sanmigbola: 9:47am On Oct 31, 2020
I need advice o.
I did my biometric on the 29th of September, till now no passport collection mail, sent a mail on the 26th of October concerning my visa decision and I got a response that it will be escalated.

My vacation is suppose to be 19th November. Hope the date of vacation won't affect visa decision and what could be the cause of the delay?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Bamo2020(m): 9:58am On Oct 31, 2020
Thanks all, appreciate your sincere criticism. God willing I will carry d whole house along next time. God bless u.
N.B: I'll share the refusal letter soon

(1) (2) (3) ... (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.