Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1446616 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by esskay1(m): 2:23pm On Jul 19, 2019
iwuoahsamuels:
Good day Gurus
pls can someone kindly paste the accurate address that employers letter should be addressed to pls

The letter should be addressed to:

The Consular General,
British Deputy High Commission,
11, Walter Carrington Crescent,
Victoria Island, Lagos.
Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by realceecee: 2:37pm On Jul 19, 2019
Monmarri:

Not advisable. Print your statement few days before submission or atleast just one week before submission.

Ok thank you.
Does that mean I can start uploading other documents then go back later and upload the bank statement?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by realceecee: 2:44pm On Jul 19, 2019
hosey:

It must not be more than 30 days

Ok thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dlaw6578: 2:46pm On Jul 19, 2019
What is the documents size for uploading?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dlaw6578: 3:02pm On Jul 19, 2019
Please is it a must I choose GB or naira , or anyone I preferred
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by seyisanya(m): 3:03pm On Jul 19, 2019
Hello all, please kindly assist.

I received an email from UKHUBVisaInfo on Wednesday but still haven't received "pick-up" email from TLS/VAC. Is this normal or do I need to contact TLS/VAC?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dlaw6578: 3:03pm On Jul 19, 2019
Please what of someone that want to use Ikeja? Is it dsame address

The Consular General,
Victoria Island, Lagos.
Nigeria.
[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by seyisanya(m): 3:12pm On Jul 19, 2019
Yes, it is the same address.

Dlaw6578:
Please what of someone that want to use Ikeja? Is it dsame address

The Consular General,
Victoria Island, Lagos.
Nigeria.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 19, 2019
Dlaw6578:
anyone.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Monmarri: 3:44pm On Jul 19, 2019
realceecee:

Ok thank you.
Does that mean I can start uploading other documents then go back later and upload the bank statement?

If it is possible u can do it like that. I applied a long time and I never uploaded just scan at vsf. Others mates can tell you how they did their. All d best
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dammy65: 3:46pm On Jul 19, 2019
marrywasiu:
Hello everyone, I will like know how someone with UK visitor's visa can stay in UK and have their citizenship.. pls I need an advice

By coming back to Nigeria and follow the right steps of applying the right way...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dammy65: 3:49pm On Jul 19, 2019
realceecee:

Ok thank you.

Yes you can at your own pace... So far you don't submit the application...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dammy65: 3:51pm On Jul 19, 2019
Dlaw6578:
What is the documents size for uploading?

A4 size is the standard and advisable PDF format....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dammy65: 3:52pm On Jul 19, 2019
Dlaw6578:

Your preference just make sure you have an idea of the exchange rate when using GB for your conversion purpose.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dammy65: 3:56pm On Jul 19, 2019
Enick:
Hi guys,

I just got a mail from the UK now that my application has been concluded and would be despatch soon. Surprisingly, they never called the person who sent me the invitation or my organization to confirm if documents emanated from him. This is very odd. Does this imply a denial ?

Kindly check your email or track your application it should be ready by now because someone that was contacted the same day you was contacted just got an email that their passport is ready... Thank me later!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dammy65: 3:58pm On Jul 19, 2019
seyisanya:

I received an email from UKHUBVisaInfo on Wednesday but still haven't received "pick-up" email from TLS/VAC. Is this normal or do I need to contact TLS/VAC?

They should contact you before the end of next week most likely either Tuesday or Wednesday...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by seyisanya(m): 4:28pm On Jul 19, 2019
Thanks, Dammy.

dammy65:

They should contact you before the end of next week most likely either Tuesday or Wednesday...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Menakay(m): 4:35pm On Jul 19, 2019
seyisanya:

Got same mail since on Monday but still no update for pick up till now.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by shawlar(m): 5:33pm On Jul 19, 2019

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by lovesavvi: 6:06pm On Jul 19, 2019
I submitted my biometriqs since 26 of june at tls ikeja and no respond since then . Any one in my shoe.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by LuvlyIva(m): 6:13pm On Jul 19, 2019
Hello good people of nairaland . I am new to this forum, it is through search to my problem I got this forum. I and my wife is confused and in big dilemma right now. We need advice and suggestions what we can do to solve the problem we are in right now. We never knew that this problem will come up like this and never knew that my wife will get idenfite leave this soonest. We lost hope on it. lawyers are charging us alot to solve the problem. (£1400)My wife is based in the UK. In 2013 she came to Nigeria we got married in court and did small traditional marriage .Then my wife spent three weeks bf she left UK and promise to fille spouse visa for me but my wife was refused indenfite leave two times in 2015&2017. I got frustrated staying alone ,so my family was contemplating calling off the marriage bc they need grand kids and me too need to settle down. I was also refused visiting visa twice bf I got married. So I re-applied again for visiting visa this May 2019 through an agent and the agent advice that I put single in the application instead of married. The reason the agent put single is that he said that home office will denied my visa application if I write that my wife stays in the UK and homeoffice will refuse it bc they might think I will not like to come bk again. So I agree to what the agent said, we put single. I got the visiting visa and travel around June. And also I and my wife deceided that I will not come bk bc my wife av been trying to conceive. My wife put in for her papers again, To the glory of God my wife was given Indenfite leave just yesterday .But the problem now is that i wrote I was single in my visiting visa application. Please house can my wife still apply for spouse visa for me using our previous court marriage certificate? Will the visa be denied bc of saying I was single in my visiting visa application? If my wife explain to ECO in cover letter will they give me spouse visa? Should I come back to Nigeria and apply for marriage visa, so that we can remarry again in the UK and then I go bk to Nigeria and the spouse visa will be filled? We spoke to my wife lawyer she said we can apply for spouse visa but need to explain all in cover letter to ECO why I decided to put single in my visiting visa application. Please I need suggestions and advise from the house. I and my wife are in serious dilemma. Please I will appreciate advice to this situation or suggestions on what can be done. Or is there any body that have lied in visa application and apologize and got visa? I really need to be with my wife so that we can start making babes. Thanks you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 7:52pm On Jul 19, 2019
LuvlyIva:
Hello good people of nairaland . I am new to this forum, it is through search to my problem I got this forum. I and my wife is confused and in big dilemma right now. We need advice and suggestions what we can do to solve the problem we are in right now. We never knew that this problem will come up like this and never knew that my wife will get idenfite leave this soonest. We lost hope on it. lawyers are charging us alot to solve the problem. (£1400)My wife is based in the UK. In 2013 she came to Nigeria we got married in court and did small traditional marriage .Then my wife spent three weeks bf she left UK and promise to fille spouse visa for me but my wife was refused indenfite leave two times in 2015&2017. I got frustrated staying alone ,so my family was contemplating calling off the marriage bc they need grand kids and me too need to settle down. I was also refused visiting visa twice bf I got married. So I re-applied again for visiting visa this May 2019 through an agent and the agent advice that I put single in the application instead of married. The reason the agent put single is that he said that home office will denied my visa application if I write that my wife stays in the UK and homeoffice will refuse it bc they might think I will not like to come bk again. So I agree to what the agent said, we put single. I got the visiting visa and travel around June. And also I and my wife deceided that I will not come bk bc my wife av been trying to conceive. My wife put in for her papers again, To the glory of God my wife was given Indenfite leave just yesterday .But the problem now is that i wrote I was single in my visiting visa application. Please house can my wife still apply for spouse visa for me using our previous court marriage certificate? Will the visa be denied bc of saying I was single in my visiting visa application? If my wife explain to ECO in cover letter will they give me spouse visa? Should I come back to Nigeria and apply for marriage visa, so that we can remarry again in the UK and then I go bk to Nigeria and the spouse visa will be filled? We spoke to my wife lawyer she said we can apply for spouse visa but need to explain all in cover letter to ECO why I decided to put single in my visiting visa application. Please I need suggestions and advise from the house. I and my wife are in serious dilemma. Please I will appreciate advice to this situation or suggestions on what can be done. Or is there any body that have lied in visa application and apologize and got visa? I really need to be with my wife so that we can start making babes. Thanks you.

Chances of refusal is high but you must come out clean and hope for the best, if the ECO forgives you for telling the truth then great but don't be surprised if you are refused.

Another thing is..did you overstayed the visiting visa? How many weeks/months did you say you will stay and how long have you stayed now?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 7:59pm On Jul 19, 2019
Livlivuk:

Hi Justwise,

Huge thanks for your response. I am planning to resubmit today and please see below the documents I am hoping to attach. I hope it is not overkill.

1. In the question "How much money are you planning to spend on your visit to the UK?". I am still confused on what to write because the last application, I wrote £1500 and they assumed that was the amount of money my Mum wanted to spend which obviously was not in her account even though on the next question "Will anyone be paying towards the cost of your visit?" we said Yes and included my husband's details and added the cost of £1500. It appears they want us to say £0 for the first question. The question does not make it clear that it is asking what the cost of the trip is to the applicant. The form does not allow you put £0 so I have put £10 for my Mum and then £1500 under the sponsor part. Is this sensible?
2. Mum's Bank Statement and I have highlighted all the transactions of money I send to her in case ECO cannot see well.
3. Tenancy Agreement to show my Mum lives with my sister in Lagos Nigeria
4. My sister's passport. (should she include a cover letter stating my Mum lives with her and should she add her employment stuff, etc? or not).
5. My UK Current Bank Account and Payslip to show the origin of funds I send to her. I have also highlighted these transactions.
6. My GTB Bank Statement showing transfers to my Mum (I highlighted them).
7. My Azimo receipts (to show how I transfer the money from my UK account to GTB account and then to my Mum's account).
8. SU07 Sponsorship Letter
9. Letter of Invitation from husband as sponsor.
10. My husband's 6 month's bank statement and payslip including Savings Account which has the funds for sponsoring her (over £10k)
11. Mortgage and Title Deeds
12. Utility Bill
13. My Birth Certificate
15. My Marriage Certificate
16. Husband and I's Passport and BRP
17. Cover Letter explaining and addressing their refusal points which was just on finances, etc. Should I include that my Mum has no intention to stay beyond her 3 weeks because she will be lonely as my sister will have gone back and husband and I work full time and we don't have kids. My Mum does not have any friends or family here so I don't know what they think she will be doing. She is 67 and does not even work.
18. Should my sister include a cover letter?
19. I am planning to include photos of my Mum with my siblings and her sister to show she has ties to Nigeria.

Thank you so much for your help. I intend to submit tonight and upload documents on Saturday. She will do walk in on 22nd July by God's grace and the wait begins. I need all of God's help to prevent them from ruining our well planned summer.

I hope this is not coming late? If you haven't submitted then quote this post so as to answer your questions.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by LuvlyIva(m): 8:44pm On Jul 19, 2019
justwise:

Chances of refusal is high but you must come out clean and hope for the best, if the ECO forgives you for telling the truth then great but don't be surprised if you are refused.

Another thing is..did you overstayed the visiting visa? How many weeks/months did you say you will stay and how long have you stayed now?

Many thanks Justwise. Exactly my fear. Chances of refusal and beside spouse visa is very expensive to risk that refusal.

I stated I will stay for three weeks. I have stayed one month now. I am contemplating leaving soonest to Nigeria. I am not overstaying again, not an easy life overstaying in UK. Just that my wife keep saying that when we have kids I will get papers quickly but I wish to stay legal now. I have to leave to get soln quick to join her .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by DMainMan: 9:16pm On Jul 19, 2019
LuvlyIva:

Many thanks Justwise. Exactly my fear. Chances of refusal and beside spouse visa is very expensive to risk that refusal.

I stated I will stay for three weeks. I have stayed one month now. I am contemplating leaving soonest to Nigeria. I am not overstaying again, not an easy life overstaying in UK. Just that my wife keep saying that when we have kids I will get papers quickly but I wish to stay legal now. I have to leave to get soln quick to join her .
Your wife might be right. Saw this on UK visa website:

If you do not meet these requirements you may still be able to apply for a visa or extend your permission to stay if:

you have a child in the UK who is a British citizen or has lived in the UK for 7 years and it would be unreasonable for them to leave the UK
there would be very significant difficulties for you and your partner if you lived together as a couple outside the UK that could not be overcome
it would breach your human rights to stop you coming to the UK or make you leave

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse

However, I advise you to come back home, marry and apply for spouse visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by DMainMan: 9:21pm On Jul 19, 2019
LuvlyIva:

This is what you should do.

Since you said you are single. What you should is to marry. You and your wife should come back to Nigeria and marry.

Then you can now apply for spousal visa. Ensure you have proof of relationship and that your relationship is subsisting.

Whatsapp communication, facebook, proof of sending money, proof of hotel bookings together,
proof of travelling together, pictures before marriage, pictures after marriage and so. Add your marriage certificate and
wedding pictures too.

Then thereafter, apply for priority spousal visa for fast decision.

In the UK website:

You must be able to prove one of the following for spousal visa:

you’re in a civil partnership or marriage that’s recognised in the UK
you’ve been living together in a relationship for at least 2 years when you apply
you are a fiancé, fiancée or proposed civil partner and will marry or enter into a civil partnership in the UK within 6 months of arriving

You also need to prove you:

have a good knowledge of English
can financially support yourself and your dependants

Check these links to help you:
https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/knowledge-of-english
https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/proof-income

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 9:30pm On Jul 19, 2019
LuvlyIva:

Village people are talking through your wife, she doesn't know what that process involves.Once you overstayed that visa + lying in your application form..when it comes to applying for a stay your crime book will be opened.

Avoid making things even more difficult as its.

Lawyers will pay mortgage on your head and while all these are going on you are not allowed to work

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by LuvlyIva(m): 9:30pm On Jul 19, 2019
DMainMan:

This is very simple. No need to panic. Thank God you are legal. I thought your visitor visa has expired.

This is what you should do.

Since you said you are single. What you should is to marry. You and your wife should come back to Nigeria and marry.

Then you can now apply for spousal visa. Ensure you have proof of relationship and that your relationship is subsisting.

Whatsapp communication, facebook, proof of sending money, proof of hotel bookings together,
proof of travelling together, pictures before marriage, pictures after marriage and so. Add your marriage certificate and
wedding pictures too.

Then thereafter, apply for priority spousal visa for fast decision.

In the UK website:

You must be able to prove one of the following for spousal visa:

you’re in a civil partnership or marriage that’s recognised in the UK
you’ve been living together in a relationship for at least 2 years when you apply
you are a fiancé, fiancée or proposed civil partner and will marry or enter into a civil partnership in the UK within 6 months of arriving

You also need to prove you:

have a good knowledge of English
can financially support yourself and your dependants

Check these links to help you:
https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/knowledge-of-english
https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/proof-income

Many thanks Dmainman. I really appreciate your respond. Yes we are contemplating remarrying, my wife friend suggested that I go back to Nigeria and apply for fiancé visa with the intention of marrying in the UK. She said that fiancé visa allows me to get married in the UK and then apply for spouse visa in the UK. Or I should apply for marriage visa. Than for me and my wife to go to Nigeria. We are considering cost of flight fare and my wife job. She works as agency health care. If no work no pay. Please what do you think of this suggestion?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by DMainMan: 9:42pm On Jul 19, 2019
LuvlyIva:

Many thanks Dmainman. I really appreciate your respond. Yes we are contemplating remarrying, my wife friend suggested that I go back to Nigeria and apply for fiancé visa with the intention of marrying in the UK. She said that fiancé visa allows me to get married in the UK and then apply for spouse visa in the UK. Or I should apply for marriage visa. Than for me and my wife to go to Nigeria. We are considering cost of flight fare and my wife job. She works as agency health care. If no work no pay. Please what do you think of this suggestion?
There is nothing like fiance visa. It is spousal visa.

You cannot apply for spousal visa with marriage visitor visa.

Another option to do is for you to apply as a student and get Tier 4 General student visa.

With the Tier 4 visa, you can marry in the UK and apply for spousal visa.

Good luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by DMainMan: 9:42pm On Jul 19, 2019
LuvlyIva:

Another option to do is for you to apply as a student and get Tier 4 General student visa.

Good luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 9:46pm On Jul 19, 2019
DMainMan:

Good luck.

There is..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by DMainMan: 10:02pm On Jul 19, 2019
justwise:

There is..
Yes there is but still fall under same category of same body of family visa. Talking of different category

If you’re applying as a fiancé, fiancée or proposed civil partner

You must prove that:

any previous marriages or civil partnerships have ended
you plan to marry or become civil partners within 6 months of arriving in the UK

You will not be able to work during your engagement.

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.