Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,256 members, 7,818,876 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1446163 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by jj17cv(m): 8:59am On Jul 16, 2019
@Mekxy
Haa Take ur time Filipinos sef need serious help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Enick: 12:00pm On Jul 16, 2019
Hi guys,

I just got a mail from the UK now that my application has been concluded and would be despatch soon. Surprisingly, they never called the person who sent me the invitation or my organization to confirm if documents emanated from him. This is very odd. Does this imply a denial ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Seeyat: 12:04pm On Jul 16, 2019
Enick:
Hi guys,

I just got a mail from the UK now that my application has been concluded and would be despatch soon. Surprisingly, they never called the person who sent me the invitation or my organization to confirm if documents emanated from him. This is very odd. Does this imply a denial ?

No, you have to receive your package first.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by babsadeoye: 2:15pm On Jul 16, 2019
[/quote]

Thanks for your responses so far. But please do i have to explain the inflow of cash in my account (like 450k below) to the ECO or i only need to explain the inflow of just millions in my cover letter?. Though i have cash sales invoice as evidence of all my transactions.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Mashaunola: 3:25pm On Jul 16, 2019
Enick:
Hi guys,

No. When my mum applied they did not confirm or call my sister in the UK regarding the documents she presented yet she was given the VISA. Although that was not her first application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dlaw6578: 3:31pm On Jul 16, 2019
There's no place I can choose self service here...someone should enlight me
Floraoye0417:
U have to make an appointment first. Choose the self service or free option. Then u do ure walk in b4 or after ur appointment date..

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by NanaOne1: 4:25pm On Jul 16, 2019
You have to make payment first then you will find the link to TLS website to upload your documents

Dlaw6578:
There's no place I can choose self service here...someone should enlight me
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Menakay(m): 5:59pm On Jul 16, 2019
Enick:
Hi guys,

Got same email today for application that was submitted (Biometrics) on June 13th. When did u give ur biometric?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by boss1401: 6:23pm On Jul 16, 2019
Menakay:

Got same email today for application that was submitted (Biometrics) on July 13th. When did u give ur biometric?

July 13th was Saturday, did you mean june 13th
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Menakay(m): 6:43pm On Jul 16, 2019
boss1401:

July 13th was Saturday, did you mean june 13th
Sorry June 13th, i ll correct dat now. Thanks for ur observation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by tolani4real: 6:44pm On Jul 16, 2019
Enick:
Hi guys,

Nothing odd in your situation. They will not call un-less they have cause to do so.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Enick: 8:25pm On Jul 16, 2019
Thanks. It got me confused because I have never been given a visa before.

Mashaunola:

No. When my mum applied they did not confirm or call my sister in the UK regarding the documents she presented yet she was given the VISA. Although that was not her first application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Enick: 8:26pm On Jul 16, 2019
I did biometric in Abuja on the 1st July.

Menakay:

Got same email today for application that was submitted (Biometrics) on June 13th. When did u give ur biometric?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by STENON(f): 10:37pm On Jul 16, 2019
Marytee2:

I think you should be able to invite them yourself, especially, since you re inviting them for your wedding. Only that, they need to provide their pension account, their savings account and any investments they have in Nigeria. You will also attach your statement of account here, BRP, account in Nigeria if you have, showing that you send money to them often. Then, your birth certificate which will show they are your parents and most importantly, make sure there is enough funds in the account you want to present. If any of these cannot be met, then, maybe your aunt will be in the best position to invite them.
That’s the only advice I can give. Others can contribute also
Thanks so very much for the information. My apology for late response please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Floraoye0417: 11:07pm On Jul 16, 2019
Yes, You will use ure bank card to pay for the walk in when u get there. 42k.
Dlaw6578:
Thanks for the response, so it's when I get there before paying right?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Saylawchar(m): 7:26am On Jul 17, 2019
Good morning house, please am a bit worried, I submitted for a security conference on 17th May, 2019 and till date have not Heard from them. please what else can i do? Each time I tracked my application, what i see is attached herewith, please am worried. Last week i visited don Etiebet house where i did my submission and the agent i met told me still not ready and further handed me a slip that i should contact them, have tried several times to reach out to them but to no avail.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by iwuoahsamuels: 8:11am On Jul 17, 2019
Good morning
Pls can someone refer me with link or page number (as I habe been searching here) or paste a draft of letter sample that an agricultural investment can use to write to UK embassy for my application to show that a certain payment in my account was yield from investment made
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by iwuoahsamuels: 8:55am On Jul 17, 2019
steel101:

If the letter you're referring to is the one from your employer, I don't think that is an issue. The letter should be addressed to UK High Commission, and it is located at Walter Carrington, VI. The Visa Application Center (VAC), is different from UK High Commission.

Pls can you paste the full address or how the employer should address the letter for UK application?
Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Menakay(m): 10:03am On Jul 17, 2019
Enick:
I did biometric in Abuja on the 1st July.

Also submitted one application on July 1st at Ikeja Lagos but no response yet.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Saylawchar(m): 2:10pm On Jul 17, 2019
Saylawchar:
Good morning house, please am a bit worried, I submitted for a security conference on 17th May, 2019 and till date have not Heard from them. please what else can i do? Each time I tracked my application, what i see is attached herewith, please am worried. Last week i visited don Etiebet house where i did my submission and the agent i met told me still not ready and further handed me a slip that i should contact them, have tried several times to reach out to them but to no avail.

Please am still waiting for your response all��
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 6:10pm On Jul 17, 2019
Call them . Have money in your atm card because you will be charged
Saylawchar:

Please am still waiting for your response all��

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by uchetobi(f): 8:03pm On Jul 17, 2019
Menakay:

Also submitted one application on July 1st at Ikeja Lagos but no response yet.

Same.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by seyisanya(m): 11:18pm On Jul 17, 2019
Hello all.

I did my bio-metrics in VI on the 25th June and received an email this evening that my application has been concluded. I did not leave my passport with them because I needed to travel next Wednesday to another country so I used the "Keep My Passport" option. Does anyone know anybody that has used this service before? How long does it take for "visa-stamping''(assuming I got the visa) if VAC eventually requested that I submit my passport in order to get my decision?

Thanks as I look forward to your response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by 101adewole(m): 8:35am On Jul 18, 2019
Hello House,

sorry have been away for some weeks now due to some personal things,I picked up my visa last month and am suppose to travel 15th of this month cause is been stated on my Leave form that i will be departing for Uk on the 15th of this month,But am yet to get my ticket due to some personal reasons,pls i hope i wont face any challenges at the POE cause of that,Do i need to hold my leave letter along when going?Pls i just need everybody opinion on this
Thanks
One Love
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by seyisanya(m): 9:21am On Jul 18, 2019
Don't be bothered, Adewole. I believe as far as your visa is still valid when you eventually decides to travel, then you will have no issues at PoE. However, let's wait for the opinion of the gurus in the house.

101adewole:
Hello House,

sorry have been away for some weeks now due to some personal things,I picked up my visa last month and am suppose to travel 15th of this month cause is been stated on my Leave form that i will be departing for Uk on the 15th of this month,But am yet to get my ticket due to some personal reasons,pls i hope i wont face any challenges at the POE cause of that,Do i need to hold my leave letter along when going?Pls i just need everybody opinion on this
Thanks
One Love
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by QueenieDar(f): 9:23am On Jul 18, 2019
101adewole:
Hello House,

Thanks
One Love

I think what will be a challenge is not leaving before your leave time ends... If you are asked why two or three days late before intended date of travel at POE give a specific reason, not 'because of personal reasons'...

Also if the price of air ticket is among the reasons I think it is not going to low soon because everyone is booking for summer things.. This time is expensive l

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by 101adewole(m): 10:03am On Jul 18, 2019
Thanks so very much
QueenieDar:

I think what will be a challenge is not leaving before your leave time ends... If you are asked why two or three days late before intended date of travel at POE give a specific reason, not 'because of personal reasons'...

Also if the price of air ticket is among the reasons I think it is not going to low soon because everyone is booking for summer things.. This time is expensive l
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Riley1991: 11:50am On Jul 18, 2019
Hello guys I really need your help on this one. Last year I went to the UK for my masters program and now I am back to Nigeria. I intend to go back for this new academic session to study for an LLb degree. I have gotten the admission already and I am almost done with process. I am just worried about the Visa if have issues
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by esskay1(m): 12:36pm On Jul 18, 2019
Hello Guyz,

Many thanks to the resourceful and meticulous champs that have been helping with questions here.

Please, I like to ask if it is possible to attend an interview before the scheduled time. I booked 2:00 PM, If I go there by 10 AM, will I be attended to?

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by QueenieDar(f): 12:46pm On Jul 18, 2019
Riley1991:
Hello guys I really need your help on this one. Last year I went to the UK for my masters program and now I am back to Nigeria. I intend to go back for this new academic session to study for an LLb degree. I have gotten the admission already and I am almost done with process. I am just worried about the Visa if have issues

Don't worry, be positive..
Also follow the UK student visa thread. For advice and all.
Good luck

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.