Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,752 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:18 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1439103 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Monmarri: 10:37pm On Jul 14, 2019
ibrocoast:
A friend got his visa too days back and the visa is diff from the one I used to know

Thanks. What I am concerned is the date in there. If you have a copy kindly share please. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ukpebor278(m): 10:38pm On Jul 14, 2019
QueenieDar:

No it is not possible. You must have to come back and apply for student visa.
The visitor visa cannot be changed or switched to any other visa esp when you are in the UK

which other visa can i apply for, that is within the same range of cost as a visitors visa, that can allow me change the visa to student visa after arriving UK, or is there any way of reducing the cost of acquiring a student visa, if yes, please i would like to know in details how to go about it, thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by NIGHTLIFE100: 12:43am On Jul 15, 2019
Ukpebor278:

which other visa can i apply for, that is within the same range of cost as a visitors visa, that can allow me change the visa to student visa after arriving UK, or is there any way of reducing the cost of acquiring a student visa, if yes, please i would like to know in details how to go about it, thanks
Honestly it would be better if you come out straight, do you want to visit Uk, want to study or want to runaway from Nigeria? State your intention and you’ll be advised accordingly

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sugarkay(m): 4:06am On Jul 15, 2019
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 5:58am On Jul 15, 2019
Sugarkay:

Thank you so much for the clarification, but with limited finances which visa do u feel I can apply for that will enable me leave Nigeria to stay in Uk for a long period and possibly work

Non. Please don't be desperate to waste the little money you have now applying for visa.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ukpebor278(m): 7:51am On Jul 15, 2019
NIGHTLIFE100:
Honestly it would be better if you come out straight, do you want to visit Uk, want to study or want to runaway from Nigeria? State your intention and you’ll be advised accordingly
bro, my intention is to go in search for greener pasture, and also to further my education, when i have the money to do so.
pls, gurus in the house i need advice on the type of visa to apply for that will allow me to work and study, and how do I go about acquiring the visa, and what is the estimated cost
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dustydee: 8:55am On Jul 15, 2019
Hi, please what is the exchange rate used by TLS Abuja? I could not pay online and they billed in pounds to be paid during biometrics.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by AdaUK: 10:54am On Jul 15, 2019
AdaUK:
Hello guys. Does anyone know the procedure for court /church marriage in UK
Hello nairalanders
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Seeyat: 11:18am On Jul 15, 2019
Hi, please what is the exchange rate used by TLS Abuja? I could not pay online and they billed in pounds to be paid during biometrics. [/quote

They use bank rate, your ATM card will be charged in Naira
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by QueenieDar(f): 11:34am On Jul 15, 2019
AdaUK:
Hello nairalanders

You cannot marry in the UK on a standard visitor visa. This is a limitation of the visa, not of UK marriage procedures.

The only exception is if you already have a civil partnership (which only applies if you are the same sex) - and you can't form a new civil partnership on an SVV either.

In terms of actually getting married, there are five different sets of rules in England and Wales that determine how you get married, and Scotland and Northern Ireland are different again.

The five rules are: Registrar: These are the only rules for a non-religious ("civil"wink marriage; they require the marriage to have four week's notice, which is made public. Weddings have to be either at the registry office (which will be very basic) or at a licensed venue (which you would, obviously, have to pay for). Venue licensing is very complicated and you need to check that the venue is already licensed, because (unless you're very rich) it will be much too expensive to license a venue just for your wedding. One important rule is that only indoor venues can be licensed; outdoor weddings cannot be conducted under a registrar. Same-sex weddings are allowed with registrars.

Jewish marriages: The Board of Deputies of British Jews approves Jewish marriages, and they license rabbis to perform marriages. If you are both Jewish, then Jewish marriages are very flexible, without notice requirements or need for the venue to be licensed - Jewish weddings are just about the only outdoor weddings in England. It's up to the rabbi whether to allow same-sex weddings or not.

Quaker marriages: The Society of Friends approves Quaker marriages, and is not subject to external regulation. However, they are unlikely to approve a marriage that isn't held as part of a regular Meeting for Worship in a Friends' Meeting House, so you pretty much have to be a member of a regular Meeting to have one. While Quakers are allowed to conduct outdoor weddings, they don't. Quakers allow same-sex weddings.

Other religions (other than Jews, Quakers and Church of England): A place of worship must be licensed to conduct weddings. You have to give notice at the register office 28 days before the wedding, just as for a wedding with the registrar, but the religious celebrant will conduct and register the wedding. The licence for the place of worship will determine whether same-sex weddings are permitted (they mostly aren't).

Church of England: Notice is done either through Banns or a Licence. Banns have to be read at the Sunday service each of the three Sundays before the wedding - but they must be read at the church where the wedding will be and at the home churches of both participants. Otherwise you need a Licence - a Common Licence if you live outside England and Wales but are EEA (inc British, EU) or Swiss citizens. Alternatively, you can give notice at a registry office in the usual way for a civil wedding, which grants you a Superintendent Registrar's Certificiate - this is the only way to marry in the Church of England if either or both people are nationals of countries outside the EEA (or Switzerland). Church of England weddings cannot be same-sex.

The registrar will always check your immigration status before allowing you to give notice. The only ways around this are Banns (but you're not resident in the UK, so that won't work), to get a Special Licence from the Archbishop of Canterbury for a Church of England wedding (very unlikely, let's be honest), or to be Jewish or Quaker. While the marriage in those cases would be legal, it would also be a breach of your visa and you'd be likely to get deported.

In both Scotland and Northern Ireland, all weddings go through providing notice to a registrar 28 days in advance, which means that the registrar checks immigration status at that point. The actual conduct of weddings in those countries is much more flexible than in England and Wales (notably: you can marry outdoors in Scotland), but the law is much more standardised.

If you want to marry, you need either a Marriage Visitor Visa (if you intend to live outside the UK after the marriage) or a Family Visa (if you intend to live in the UK after the marriage). I expect you will find it difficult to get a Marriage Visitor Visa if your intended spouse is permanently resident in the UK as the immigration officer is very unlikely to believe that you don't intend to live with your spouse after marriage.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dustydee: 12:02pm On Jul 15, 2019
Seeyat:

They use bank rate, your ATM card will be charged in Naira
Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by realceecee: 12:10pm On Jul 15, 2019
Hello guys, please I just applied for a 2years tourist visa which will be solely sponsored by my fiancé as we will be travelling together. NB: I have been to the Uk previously on a student visa and afterwards obtained a 2years visit visa which was used appropriately.
I will like to ask the following questions please;
1) I put £3,500 as spending money for 7days visit, this is inclusive of flight and hotel reservation, and indicated the £3,500 is the money my fiance is sponsoring me with for the trip and we are travelling together. However, didn’t put a cost breakdown in the application, can I draft a cost breakdown and include it as my supporting document?
2)I’ll be providing my bank statement and payslip for 6months but my bank statement doesn’t show my monthly salary as it is paid by cheque but I have payslip to confirm the monthly salary. Will the bank statement be an issue?
3) will I need to write a cover letter or just a sponsorship letter from my fiance?
4)Lastly, what other supporting documents will my fiancé need to provide as a sponsor taking care of the whole trip. Note: he can solely sponsor the trip as he has a business with a turnover of over 5million a month and is also a US citizen so wouldn’t need a visa to travel to the UK.
Please I humbly await your response @justwise and co thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sugarkay(m): 2:05pm On Jul 15, 2019
justwise:
[/b]

Non. Please don't be desperate to waste the little money you have now applying for visa.

Thank you very much, I appreciate
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by babsadeoye: 3:46pm On Jul 15, 2019
Hi Gurus in the house. Please i want to apply for a uk visa on the 20th of this month. I was sent an invite letter from my uncle who is a british citizen and he said he will provide me accommodation/feeding (but he didn't include his bank statement) i don't know if this will affect or not since he said he wanna provide for my feeding, but if it will, pls help me on how i can adjust to convince the Embassy that i can feed myself for the period of days i wanna spend.

This are the documents have got:

.Bank statement with a closing balance of 1.7M
.Employment letter
.Letter of intro by the company/Employer
.6months payslips of #200k
.Leave request form( 20 days leave)
.Private bussiness registration (CAC)
.Tax clearance certificate
.Private bussiness invoice (to explain inflow of cash in my account apart from monthly salary)
.Cover letter on my bussiness letter headed paper
.Marriage certificate
.Marriage and family pictures
.Birth cert of my kid
.Wife consent letter
.Land agreement document
.Pix of my property (just my house)

I use my salary account to run my bussiness, i don't have an account with my bussiness name.. no unnecessary logdment though, except credit of 4.4M deposited in my account by a customer around February which was push out immediately on a bussiness purpose...other deposits from then has been 400k and below for bussiness transactions (apart from Salary). i started maintaining 700k and above in my account frm March and it increases with time till July. There has been constant bussiness transactions on the account every month (Closing balance of 1.7M).

This is my first time though, i intend to spend 12 days. Please what other documents do i have to tender and pls shed more lights on where i need correction before i proceed. God bless.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by DMainMan: 4:01pm On Jul 15, 2019
babsadeoye:
Hi Gurus in the house. Please i want to apply for a uk visa on the 20th of this month. I was sent an invite letter from my uncle who is a british citizen and he said he will provide me accommodation/feeding (but he didn't include his bank statement) i don't know if this will affect or not since he said he wanna provide for my feeding, but if it will, pls help me on how i can adjust to convince the Embassy that i can feed myself for the period of days i wanna spend.

.Employment letter
.Private bussiness invoice (to explain inflow of cash in my account apart from monthly salary)
.Marriage certificate
.Birth cert of my kid
.Wife consent letter
.Land agreement document

I use my salary account to run my bussiness, i don't have an account with my bussiness name.. no unnecessary logdment though, except credit of 4.4M deposited in my account by a customer around February which was push out immediately on a bussiness purpose...other deposits from then has been 400k and below for bussiness transactions (apart from Salary). i started maintaining 700k and above in my account frm March and it increases with time till July. There has been constant bussiness transactions on the account every month (Closing balance of 1.7M).

This is my first time though, i intend to spend 12 days. Please what other documents do i have to tender and pls shed more lights on where i need correction before i proceed. God bless.
State that you are responsible for feeding. Account for it through your bank statement. Collect your uncle tenancy agreement and utility bill. This will serve as proof of accommodation in the UK that your uncle will provide u accommodation. Your uncle should also state explicitly inhis letter of invitation that he is responsible for your accommodation and he will accommodate you. If your uncle does not goive u his tenancy agreement and utility bill, then you need to book hotel as proof of accommodation. You can use booking.com so u can get refund.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by shanga(m): 4:26pm On Jul 15, 2019
Hi gurus in the house,thanks for your help so far,please I need advice on what to do in my next application Tnx

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by victoryBoss: 5:12pm On Jul 15, 2019
Goodevening all

Please after getting this mail, how long does it take for TLS to send pick up or dhl delivery mail? I have been waiting since on friday. Anyone have any idea please?

"Your UK visa application has been dispatched from the UK Visa Section.

You will receive an email shortly from TLS about collecting your decision. Please ensure you check your e-mail account and do not attend the VAC until you are advised to."
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Menakay(m): 5:52pm On Jul 15, 2019
victoryBoss:
Goodevening all

Please after getting this mail, how long does it take for TLS to send pick up or dhl delivery mail? I have been waiting since on friday. Anyone have any idea please?

"Your UK visa application has been dispatched from the UK Visa Section.

You will receive an email shortly from TLS about collecting your decision. Please ensure you check your e-mail account and do not attend the VAC until you are advised to."
Sometimes the next day or dat same day.
When did u submit ur application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by victoryBoss: 6:12pm On Jul 15, 2019
Menakay:

Sometimes the next day or dat same day.
When did u submit ur application?

I did biometric on the 24th of June. Received that mail on the 12th July, been waiting for TLS mail. I requested for DHL delivery. TLS has not sent any mail since.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by victoryBoss: 7:19pm On Jul 15, 2019
Restricted:

I received a mail from UKVI 12days ago that my application has been dispatched. Till now, i have not received any email from TLS to come and pickup. I applied 5 weeks ago. Please what do you suggest i do. I am already freaking out.

Hello, please did you later contact TLS for your passport? I am in same situation now.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 7:54pm On Jul 15, 2019
realceecee:
Hello guys, please I just applied for a 2years tourist visa which will be solely sponsored by my fiancé as we will be travelling together. NB: I have been to the Uk previously on a student visa and afterwards obtained a 2years visit visa which was used appropriately.
I will like to ask the following questions please;
1) I put £3,500 as spending money for 7days visit, this is inclusive of flight and hotel reservation, and indicated the £3,500 is the money my fiance is sponsoring me with for the trip and we are travelling together. However, didn’t put a cost breakdown in the application, can I draft a cost breakdown and include it as my supporting document?
2)I’ll be providing my bank statement and payslip for 6months but my bank statement doesn’t show my monthly salary as it is paid by cheque but I have payslip to confirm the monthly salary. Will the bank statement be an issue?
3) will I need to write a cover letter or just a sponsorship letter from my fiance?
4)Lastly, what other supporting documents will my fiancé need to provide as a sponsor taking care of the whole trip. Note: he can solely sponsor the trip as he has a business with a turnover of over 5million a month and is also a US citizen so wouldn’t need a visa to travel to the UK.
Please I humbly await your response @justwise and co thank you.

1. Yes you have to do that

2. Your salary account and the payslip must agree..meaning the amount seen in your payslip must reflect on your bank account monthly, any other money other than your salary must be explained with evidence

3. Cover letter

4. He needs to submit documents to support his source of income
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dlaw6578: 9:12pm On Jul 15, 2019
Good day..... Please is it possible for me to walk-in without book an appointment with UK embassy? And secondly am the only one going to UK do I still need to submit my wedding certificate?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Seeyat: 9:23pm On Jul 15, 2019
Dlaw6578:
Good day..... Please is it possible for me to walk-in without book an appointment with UK embassy? And secondly am the only one going to UK do I still need to submit my wedding certificate?

I don't know about the first one, but you should include your wedding certificate and pictures.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by realceecee: 9:51pm On Jul 15, 2019
justwise:

1. Yes you have to do that

2. Your salary account and the payslip must agree..meaning the amount seen in your payslip must reflect on your bank account monthly, any other money other than your salary must be explained with evidence

3. Cover letter

4. He needs to submit documents to support his source of income

Thanks a lot for your response

Please he intends submitting his business account statement. personal account statement and US account statement just to show inflow of cash and source of income. Will this be okay or should he only submit the personal account statement?
Also any hint on what I’m expected to include in the cover letter? Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 10:10pm On Jul 15, 2019
realceecee:

Thanks a lot for your response

Please he intends submitting his business account statement. personal account statement and US account statement just to show inflow of cash and source of income.
Will this be okay or should he only submit the personal account statement?
Also any hint on what I’m expected to include in the cover letter? Thank you

Yes he should include all that and you cover letter will contain the purpose of the trip, places you will be vising and the sponsorship etc
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Monmarri: 11:08pm On Jul 15, 2019
babsadeoye:

.Employment letter
.Marriage certificate
.Birth cert of my kid
.Wife consent letter
.Land agreement document

Statement of account from your uncle is not necessary. But If he is the one sponsoring the whole trip then he need to provide his statement of account. All your uncle need to do is provide his tenancy agreement, water and light bills as proof of address, then what he does for a living and where he works. U need his driver license, data page of his passport and work ID. Your uncle should state in the invitation letter that he will take care of your accommodation and feeding or living expenses in the UK and also state it in your cover letter that your uncle will take care of your accommodation and feeding.

Please try to explain big credit entries in your account. Explain to ECO that your salary account also serves as your business account. Explain that you have two sources of income every Month, one from your permanent job and self employed business . Make a small business profile of your business to let the ECO know the kind of business. Then calculate all your sources of income every month and let ECO know how much you make every Month. Example: From all sources of income I make 700k after tax. I make 250k from my permanent job and 450k from my private business. Remember your staff ID card.
Make an estimate budget of your trip
The total estimate for my trip to the UK is 350k
Flight fare(Return ticket) 280k
Remaining balance for visiting tourist attractions and shopping.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Monmarri: 11:26pm On Jul 15, 2019
shanga:
Hi gurus in the house,thanks for your help so far,please I need advice on what to do in my next application Tnx

From what I can see the ECO is not satisfied with your personal and financial circumstances. The account is mostly use for business. Business account is not use for vacation. The ECO expects you to also have your personal account which I can use for vacation, on the ground that you have sufficient money in the account that can sustain your trip to the UK. My advice for next application relax for six months and run a comprehensive statement of account for business and personal account.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Floraoye0417: 11:45pm On Jul 15, 2019
U have to make an appointment first. Choose the self service or free option. Then u do ure walk in b4 or after ur appointment date..
Dlaw6578:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dlaw6578: 7:11am On Jul 16, 2019
Thanks for the response, so it's when I get there before paying right?
Floraoye0417:
U have to make an appointment first. Choose the self service or free option. Then u do ure walk in b4 or after ur appointment date..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by realceecee: 7:43am On Jul 16, 2019
justwise:

Yes he should include all that and you cover letter will contain the purpose of the trip, places you will be vising and the sponsorship etc

Ok. Thank you very much

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.