Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:36 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (400) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1441043 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nengisbestie(f): 9:46am On Dec 14, 2020
giselle237:

public.enquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk
complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk

We got refusal letter today. I’m still trying to figure out why?
The kids and I were refused because my husband who is our sponsor was.
Their reason is we want to spend a years income on our trip.
My husband Intended to spend 4m for us all for the trip.
So in our forms we all filled 4m each, due to the fact that my hubby filled 4million as what he will spend for the trip.
Please what can be done?
Can we send a mail back telling them it’s not 4million each making a total of 20m but 4million for all of us.
Because that’s the reason for the refusal he got. Thanks.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by iyatrustee(f): 10:01am On Dec 14, 2020
Nengisbestie:

So in our forms we all filled 4m each, due to the fact that my hubby filled 4million as what he will spend for the trip.
Please what can be done?
Can we send a mail back telling them it’s not 4million each making a total of 20m but 4million for all of us.

Your mistake was to input 4mil for everybody! You should have shared the budget and input the alloted portion to everybody's form. E.g 800k for hubby, 700k for you etc. I don't thing emailing them will upturn this decision as they worked on the data you provided.

Your best bet is to reapply and correct that impression.

Aren't you the person who paid priority for 5 and giselle237 dey pray you got the visa if not the loss go too much embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mojohnny(m): 10:24am On Dec 14, 2020
Hi guys.
Please what's the average wait time for a 6 month Visit Visa? And also does anyone know if the ECOs take time off for the Christmas season asides 25th,26th and 1st of January?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by alert20: 10:51am On Dec 14, 2020
iyatrustee:

Your mistake was to input 4mil for everybody! You should have shared the budget and input the alloted portion to everybody's form. E.g 800k for hubby, 700k for you etc. I don't thing emailing them will upturn this decision as they worked on the data you provided.

Aren't you the person who paid priority for 5 and giselle237 dey pray you got the visa if not the loss go too much embarassed

I think she should have written 0 to the question when asked about how much she and the kids spending on this trip, since they submitted together with hubby and kids ..... That way the Eco will know that she and the kids will not be spending a dine...

As you had advice best bet is to re-apply and correct this mistake and also explain what the ₦450k the Eco complain for . ✌️

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nengisbestie(f): 10:55am On Dec 14, 2020
Sis it’s me o.
Okay thanks sis.
How soon can we reply?

iyatrustee:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nengisbestie(f): 10:56am On Dec 14, 2020
alert20:

I think she should have written 0 to the question when asked about how much she and the kids spending on this trip, since they submitted together with hubby and kids ..... That way the Eco will know that she and the kids will not be spending a dine...

As you had advice best bet is to re-apply and correct this mistake and also explain what the ₦450k the Eco complain for . ✌️

Thanks Bro.
We were told this morning that we should have filled 0 for myself and the kids like you just said.
That was our only mistake.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by alert20: 11:59am On Dec 14, 2020
Nengisbestie:

Thanks Bro.
We were told this morning that we should have filled 0 for myself and the kids like you just said.
That was our only mistake.

It's well sis, kindly re-apply ASAP, and correct the mistake, also please tell your hubby to explain those funds the Eco mentioned in the refusal letter, if he can get a receipt for those funds better, if not try and explain what the money is meant for..... EXPLAIN THESE ON THE LAST PAGE OF YOUR FORM, WHERE YOU INPUT ADDITIONAL INFORMATION PLEASE.... LASTLY IS IT TODAY YOUR HUSBAND RECEIVED THE REFUSAL EMAIL COS I KNEW YOU SUBMITTED ON THE 27TH NOVEMBER... ✌️
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nengisbestie(f): 12:20pm On Dec 14, 2020
alert20:

It's well sis, kindly re-apply ASAP, and correct the mistake, also please tell your hubby to explain those funds the Eco mentioned in the refusal letter, if he can get a receipt for those funds better, if not try and explain what the money is meant for..... EXPLAIN THESE ON THE LAST PAGE OF YOUR FORM, WHERE YOU INPUT ADDITIONAL INFORMATION PLEASE.... LASTLY IS IT TODAY YOUR HUSBAND RECEIVED THE REFUSAL EMAIL COS I KNEW YOU SUBMITTED ON THE 27TH NOVEMBER... ✌️

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by alert20: 12:48pm On Dec 14, 2020
Nengisbestie:

Yes bro. It’s this morning we all got the email.
I will tell him all that you’ve said. We wanted to go for Christmas. But if it’s not possible maybe next Christmas.

Really after 12working days,, Chai it's well sis
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mekaboy(m): 1:10pm On Dec 14, 2020
Nengisbestie:

Please what can be done?

Please as a self employed application you submitted, was tax clearance certificate part of the document you submitted?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by alert20: 1:30pm On Dec 14, 2020
mekaboy:

Please as a self employed application you submitted, was tax clearance certificate part of the document you submitted?

Don't shoot yourself in the leg, the Eco never complained about tax clearance certificate, just be truthful and make your application simple, write out any other info or documents you can not submit on the space provided on your form shallom ✌️
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mekaboy(m): 1:36pm On Dec 14, 2020
alert20:

Don't shoot yourself in the leg, the Eco never complained about tax clearance certificate, just be truthful and make your application simple, write out any other info or documents you can not submit on the space provided on your form shallom ✌️

Thanks. I guess i will apply without it. If i am refused because i did not include it, then i go and pay and get it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by alert20: 1:36pm On Dec 14, 2020
mojohnny:
Hi guys.
Please what's the average wait time for a 6 month Visit Visa? And also does anyone know if the ECOs take time off for the Christmas season asides 25th,26th and 1st of January?

If what you meant is how many days after biometric

1. Super priority = 24hrs
2. Priority = 5days
3. Regular = 15days

The Eco too is a human being like you, so yes they took time off as well as the entire embassy ✌️✌️

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 1:40pm On Dec 14, 2020
Nengisbestie:

Please what can be done?
Madam o. Sorrry
I told u the rushing was too much. U just dey rush dey go... .. u nor dey ask us anything. What kind of sad end is this for 5 ppl with all d plenty money per head?
Kai.
Pls no need for rushing. U are not traveling this Christmas again, pls go through the thread, find out what you want, ur mistakes and all, most have been covered on this thread and then u can ask questions step by step. Everyone here is available to help.
Sorry again.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 1:40pm On Dec 14, 2020
alert20:

If what you meant is how many days after biometric

1. Super priority = 24hrs
2. Priority = 5days
3. Regular = 15days

The Eco too is a human being like you, so yes they took time off as well as the entire embassy ✌️✌️
It’s like they wont even open on the 24th, appointment dates seem to stop at Dec 23.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by alert20: 2:04pm On Dec 14, 2020
giselle237:

It’s like they wont even open on the 24th, appointment dates seem to stop at Dec 23.

Ok it means they are closing up for the year on Dec 23 be dat.... Boss �✌️
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oyin000000: 5:25pm On Dec 14, 2020
Good evening everyone. What are the chances that someone working remotely for a company in America can get a visit visa to the UK? Also what documents should the person include in the application to show that they will be coming back? This person has had 2 visit visas in the past.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 5:45pm On Dec 14, 2020
oyin000000:
Good evening everyone. What are the chances that someone working remotely for a company in America can get a visit visa to the UK? Also what documents should the person include in the application to show that they will be coming back? This person has had 2 visit visas in the past.
Classify what u mean by ‘working remotely for a company in America’ and what exactly is the ‘intending traveller’ worried about?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oyin000000: 6:23pm On Dec 14, 2020
giselle237:

Classify what u mean by ‘working remotely for a company in America’ and what exactly is the ‘intending traveller’ worried about?

By that, I mean, working here from a company abroad. You know the way people get jobs with companies abroad and can be anywhere working. Mostly IT jobs. The traveller is worried that the eco might feel they don't have strong ties back home.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 6:41pm On Dec 14, 2020
oyin000000:

By that, I mean, working here from a company abroad. You know the way people get jobs with companies abroad and can be anywhere working. Mostly IT jobs. The traveller is worried that the eco might feel they don't have strong ties back home.
The traveller’s worries in terms of job ties are valid.. should try convincing self first, and possibly work on other ties .. marital, financial, property ties etc
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by timkuro(m): 8:39pm On Dec 14, 2020
Good evening house!

If I'm self employed and I use my personal account for business can I use my personal statement of account, and do I need to explain to the ECO via the additional information part?

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 11:05pm On Dec 14, 2020
timkuro:
Good evening house!

If I'm self employed and I use my personal account for business can I use my personal statement of account, and do I need to explain to the ECO via the additional information part?

Thanks

Hello Tim just so you are aware, my mum did this exactly and was denied twice. Now i am not saying your fate is gna be same as my mums but you might do well for yourself to take extra care and read previous posts as regards self employment. There’s been alot of discussions on this topic.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by timkuro(m): 6:02am On Dec 15, 2020
Irenenwaka:

Hello Tim just so you are aware, my mum did this exactly and was denied twice. Now i am not saying your fate is gna be same as my mums but you might do well for yourself to take extra care and read previous posts as regards self employment. There’s been alot of discussions on this topic.
okay
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oladotunfelix2: 8:07am On Dec 15, 2020
Assist house
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nengisbestie(f): 8:52am On Dec 15, 2020
We took the tax cert to the TLS office because they uploaded our documents for us. But the guy said no need.
mekaboy:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nengisbestie(f): 8:58am On Dec 15, 2020
giselle237:

Madam o. Sorrry
I told u the rushing was too much. U just dey rush dey go... .. u nor dey ask us anything. What kind of sad end is this for 5 ppl with all d plenty money per head?
Kai.
Pls no need for rushing. U are not traveling this Christmas again, pls go through the thread, find out what you want, ur mistakes and all, most have been covered on this thread and then u can ask questions step by step. Everyone here is available to help.
Sorry again.
Thank you. I actually did ask all the questions I was not clear with. And we were extremely careful with the application but that part we all filled 4m instead of 0 for the kids and I was just an oversight. It didn’t even occur to us that it was to be zero.
Thanks again to you all.
My questions will begin ASAP. I hope you’ll are ready to get the answers coming. �
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Cyclops33: 9:08am On Dec 15, 2020
Hello all, I made payment yesterday using mypaga with card for UK visa and it was successful but still showing processing payment till now. Who else have had such experience? I tot it was suppose to be 1 hour max for confirmation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nengisbestie(f): 9:12am On Dec 15, 2020
alert20:

I called the TLS officer that attended to us to tell him about the refusal. He said he didn’t know that we had filled same amount with hubby. So he said we can correct the mistake. That we should reapply again. But, my husband said we will give it time so it doesn’t come off like we’re trying to run. So my husband suggested that we make the application next year towards our wedding anniversary in February.
The documents we submitted were
Wedding pictures, family pictures, kids birth certificates, Hubby’s CAC business cert, court wedding cert, landed property, 6months bank statement of account.
My first question is hope it isn’t early to reapply in January against February. As our anniversary is February 9th.

Secondly, is our bank statement still valid or we need to go back to the bank to get another. Because we hear it’s usually valid till after three months and we got it in November. It was soft copy sent from Zenith bank to us.

The SOA is 7million plus.
We initially said we wanted to use 4m for our visit to UK (Return tickets, accommodation, feeding and shopping).
Is it too much? Should we reduce it to 3m or 2.5?
We are a family of 5. Please put this into consideration.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Wales1111: 10:01am On Dec 15, 2020
After 10 days of isolation I am out enjoying wallsall winter.

9 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 10:22am On Dec 15, 2020
Nengisbestie:

I called the TLS officer that attended to us to tell him about the refusal. He said he didn’t know that we had filled same amount with hubby. So he said we can correct the mistake. That we should reapply again. But, my husband said we will give it time so it doesn’t come off like we’re trying to run. So my husband suggested that we make the application next year towards our wedding anniversary in February.
The documents we submitted were
Wedding pictures, family pictures, kids birth certificates, Hubby’s CAC business cert, court wedding cert, landed property, 6months bank statement of account.
My first question is hope it isn’t early to reapply in January against February. As our anniversary is February 9th.

Secondly, is our bank statement still valid or we need to go back to the bank to get another. Because we hear it’s usually valid till after three months and we got it in November. It was soft copy sent from Zenith bank to us.

The SOA is 7million plus.
We initially said we wanted to use 4m for our visit to UK (Return tickets, accommodation, feeding and shopping).
Is it too much? Should we reduce it to 3m or 2.5?
We are a family of 5. Please put this into consideration.

The budget is alot. For 5 people i know but it’s 2 adults and 3 children.
Just find cheap flights, hotel accommodation for d 5 of u as u can stay in one room, they hve rooms with double beds or so that cater for family and then little money ontop for feeding.
Remove what u budgeted for shopping, it is not ECO’s business and is not compulsory
It is a tourist visa, there’s no where it is stated that u must have travel budget in millions. When u get the visa and decide to spend 5 million or 7 million then u re free.

U will need a new bank statemnt, i dnt see a 3 months old bank statemnt as reasonable for u to use. It is old.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.