Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,322 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:18 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (402) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1440036 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by princejunaid(m): 1:42am On Dec 16, 2020
Good morning
I applied and did my biometric for Short term study visa on the 25th of November but on the 1st of December UK change their rules and turn short course visa to visiting.
1.want to if that is the reason have not hear from them.
2. Will it affect my visa (am I getting visiting visa or Short term study visa).

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by corruptst(m): 8:06am On Dec 16, 2020
Can someone be kind enough to answer this?

corruptst:
Hello everyone,
A friend applied for UK visit visa using self-service and yesterday night, he erroneously submitted his documents without adding his cover letter. What is the solution going forward? His biometrics is in 2 days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 8:09am On Dec 16, 2020
corruptst:
Can someone be kind enough to answer this?
When he goes for biometrics, tell the tls staff, he needs to upload more things, he will pay 11,700 via his bank card and then they upload the cover letter.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Annonymous2: 9:04am On Dec 16, 2020
Nengisbestie:

Please what airline did you book? Or maybe the website you used
I did not book an airline. I just gave an estimate. It is not an absolute requirement for Visa application from what I understand.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sego12345: 9:39am On Dec 16, 2020
princejunaid:
Good morning
I applied and did my biometric for Short term study visa on the 25th of November but on the 1st of December UK change their rules and turn short course visa to visiting.
2. Will it affect my visa (am I getting visiting visa or Short term study visa).

Thanks

1. No
2. No

The prevailing rule as at when you submitted your application is applicable to you.
Duration of your short term study ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mumayo: 10:07am On Dec 16, 2020
good day, please i need your help!!!!!

tried uploading documents but it’s saying error / malicious way. what is the way forward?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sego12345: 10:58am On Dec 16, 2020
mumayo:
good day, please i need your help!!!!!

tried uploading documents but it’s saying error / malicious way. what is the way forward?
Notify the appropriate authority or try it at night
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mumayo: 10:59am On Dec 16, 2020
thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mumayo: 11:00am On Dec 16, 2020
Etibets Place
21-22 Mobolaji Bank Anthony Way, Opebi, Ikeja

is this VAC ikeja office
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ashirioluwa: 11:33am On Dec 16, 2020
princejunaid:
Good morning

Thanks
Option1: Go for your biometrics with the documents. The center will help you upload it to your documents. But this attracts fee of 11k plus.

Option 2: To avoid paying the uploading fee at biometrics center. You will cancel the entire application and request for refund. Then start a new application.

Note: Refund takes between 2 to 4 weeks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Thegamingorca(m): 11:33am On Dec 16, 2020
Nengisbestie:

I called the TLS officer that attended to us to tell him about the refusal. He said he didn’t know that we had filled same amount with hubby. So he said we can correct the mistake. That we should reapply again. But, my husband said we will give it time so it doesn’t come off like we’re trying to run. So my husband suggested that we make the application next year towards our wedding anniversary in February.
The documents we submitted were
Wedding pictures, family pictures, kids birth certificates, Hubby’s CAC business cert, court wedding cert, landed property, 6months bank statement of account.
My first question is hope it isn’t early to reapply in January against February. As our anniversary is February 9th.

Secondly, is our bank statement still valid or we need to go back to the bank to get another. Because we hear it’s usually valid till after three months and we got it in November. It was soft copy sent from Zenith bank to us.

The SOA is 7million plus.
We initially said we wanted to use 4m for our visit to UK (Return tickets, accommodation, feeding and shopping).
Is it too much? Should we reduce it to 3m or 2.5?
We are a family of 5. Please put this into consideration.

What happened to Kukuma chilling till next year Christmas
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by corruptst(m): 11:55am On Dec 16, 2020
Thank you Chief
giselle237:
When he goes for biometrics, tell the tls staff, he needs to upload more things, he will pay 11,700 via his bank card and then they upload the cover letter.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ashirioluwa: 1:27pm On Dec 16, 2020
Nengisbestie:

I called the TLS officer that attended to us to tell him about the refusal. He said he didn’t know that we had filled same amount with hubby. So he said we can correct the mistake. That we should reapply again. But, my husband said we will give it time so it doesn’t come off like we’re trying to run. So my husband suggested that we make the application next year towards our wedding anniversary in February.
The documents we submitted were
Wedding pictures, family pictures, kids birth certificates, Hubby’s CAC business cert, court wedding cert, landed property, 6months bank statement of account.
My first question is hope it isn’t early to reapply in January against February. As our anniversary is February 9th.

Secondly, is our bank statement still valid or we need to go back to the bank to get another. Because we hear it’s usually valid till after three months and we got it in November. It was soft copy sent from Zenith bank to us.

The SOA is 7million plus.
We initially said we wanted to use 4m for our visit to UK (Return tickets, accommodation, feeding and shopping).
Is it too much? Should we reduce it to 3m or 2.5?
We are a family of 5. Please put this into consideration.

TLS employee doesn’t work for embassy. You called him to do what?

The problem with your application is not only about your travel expenses. The large lodgment to the account in October also contributed to the problem.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 16, 2020
Is it possible to apply for a visit visa while you have a valid one? Expiry date is 29th January but you wish to travel by 3rd February. Is there anyway you fit apply for another visit visa & they will cancel the remaining validity and issue new one?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ashirioluwa: 1:42pm On Dec 16, 2020
Hoverboy27:
Is it possible to apply for a visit visa while you have a valid one? Expiry date is 29th January but you wish to travel by 3rd February. Is there anyway you fit apply for another visit visa & they will cancel the remaining validity and issue new one?

Yes you can apply now.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 2:09pm On Dec 16, 2020
So when will my appointment be? Before expiry date or after?
Ashirioluwa:

Yes you can apply now.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ashirioluwa: 2:53pm On Dec 16, 2020
Hoverboy27:
So when will my appointment be? Before expiry date or after?
It depends on when you apply. If you apply now I am pretty sure you will get appointment before the expiration of your visa.

You have to apply, make payment then check for available dates
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 2:56pm On Dec 16, 2020
Thank u.
Ashirioluwa:

It depends on when you apply. If you apply now I am pretty sure you will get appointment before the expiration of your visa.

You have to apply, make payment then check for available dates
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by pheranmi2000: 3:49pm On Dec 16, 2020
[quote author=Annonymous2 post=97096216]Good afternoon everyone.
I just got to know about this disposable income stuff after I finished my biometric and it has been bothering me.
Monthly Income after tax= ₦330,127
Monthly expenses= ₦130,000
Disposable income= ₦200,000
Balance in savings account= ₦1,970,000
My approximate estimated travel expenses for 18 days are as follows:
1. Airline ticket [with return ticket] = ₦280,000
2. Accommodation = ₦282,212
3. Living expenses = ₦102,191
TOTAL = ₦664,403 which is a little bit more than 3X my disposable income as against a maximum of 2X being preached here.
I am going for PLAB 2 Exam (foreign licensing exam for doctors) and I submitted the necessary documents to back this up.
No shady credits in my bank statement.
Please do I still stand a chance to get the visa or the ECO will query the disposable income stuff?

I think there is no cause for alarm on this ur budget for ur trip. Since are going for an PLAB2 and u gave were able to convince the ECO that u have enough ties back here in Nigeria, I believe uwill be granted. I assisted sm1 in the same shoe with u and the person disposable income is less than 150k and her budget is like *4 of her disposable income. Closing balance is less than 1.35m and the person Visa was granted. I see u having more advantages over the person. Just start preparing for ur trip already for ur exam bro/sis.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by tommiefalz: 4:21pm On Dec 16, 2020
good day people please I'm so worried I did my biometrics on the 18th of November in Abuja and up till now, my passport isn't out yet what might be the cause please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Mackelson: 4:31pm On Dec 16, 2020
Prettyfranca:

But I learnt German embassy is not open yet.they are not taking any application

Email them and ask if u can apply for a transit visa. They will reply. On the German site, it's one of the categories of visa they grant.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by timkuro(m): 7:51pm On Dec 16, 2020
Good evening peeps! Please can anyone explain to me how to build my account?

# l do all my business transactions with my personal account.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ameey: 8:40pm On Dec 16, 2020
Please does anyone know if walk in appointments are still allowed in TLs?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sego12345: 8:44pm On Dec 16, 2020
tommiefalz:
good day people
please I'm so worried
I did my biometrics on the 18th of November in Abuja
and up till now, my passport isn't out yet
what might be the cause please

Nobody can tell you the cause.
Why don't you call or send an email if the delay is above 15 working days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sego12345: 8:50pm On Dec 16, 2020
timkuro:
Good evening peeps! Please can anyone explain to me how to build my account?

# l do all my business transactions with my personal account.

I will advice you to open a company account, so you can pay yourself monthly salary from the company account for 6months and don't forget to deduct your monthly expenses from your salary account.

Hope you understand?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Cyclops33: 7:36am On Dec 17, 2020
I ve Called paga, then ukvi advised I cancel and allow a refund because it takes 15 days, so I reapplied and paid fee over again, this time was successful, my submission date is 23 December
giselle237:

This is serious, contact pagatech, ur bank, UKVI and flutterwave. Start now
For paga... tayo@paga.com
Pls abeg. They have debited and no value yet. Pursue it. Someone should answer you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by obeauty21: 9:37am On Dec 17, 2020
Hello everyone,

Pl who has been to IOM recently to book appointment successfully? Since my last post I have tried severally to reach them via their email and phone lines, no answer. I went physically and was told to fill a form. Nothing till now. These are three lines I have tried severally. They said they wud get back after 48hrs but nothing yet. Its been more than 48hrs.

Even their email:iomlagosmedicalbooking@iom.int

Pl kindly advise.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by obeauty21: 9:50am On Dec 17, 2020
obeauty21:
Hello everyone,

Pl who has been to IOM recently to book appointment successfully? Since my last post I have tried severally to reach them via their email and phone lines, no answer. I went physically and was told to fill a form. Nothing till now. These are three lines I have tried severally. They said they wud get back after 48hrs but nothing yet. Its been more than 48hrs.

Even their email:iomlagosmedicalbooking@iom.int

Pl kindly advise.
Thanks

Hello everyone, i finally got through this morning. Booked for late january. tongue
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nengisbestie(f): 9:53am On Dec 17, 2020
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Pristinegold: 10:03am On Dec 17, 2020
Good morning gurus in the house.....A silent reader

Pls today make it the 14th day that I did my biometric at ikeja but till this moment I haven't received any mail...pls is this a good sign or do I need to contact them if by tomorrow nothing yet from them

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Bamo2020(m): 11:24am On Dec 17, 2020
Good day pros in here. I need help and that's cos I and my family (wife& a son) have been denied almost thrice, the last was October 2020. I do not want a repeat of this. I am hoping we'd apply next year June or July, but I want to be well guided this time around. I am a civil servant, so is my wife and I earn 278K gross per month but my disposable income is about 131k per month. I have a registered company and invests in other businesses by the side (Agriculture), which gives me returns. what will you advise we do in other to get it this time around? Thanking you in anticipation and God bless.
Note: Accommodation will be taken of by a travel club we belong to, I have 3 bank accounts, salary, savings and biz accounts, have 3 properties, we live in one, the other is put for rent, while the last is being developed. And we have travel history to Dubai, S.A and Austria (for me)

(1) (2) (3) ... (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.