Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,193 members, 7,811,506 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:16 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (403) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1440095 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sego12345: 11:47am On Dec 17, 2020
Pristinegold:
Good morning gurus in the house.....A silent reader

Pls today make it the 14th day that I did my biometric at ikeja but till this moment I haven't received any mail...pls is this a good sign or do I need to contact them if by tomorrow nothing yet from them

Thanks
I will advice that you wait till Monday
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nnemomatina: 12:57pm On Dec 17, 2020
Please, someone applied for spouse visa, but he submitted photocopy of his tuberculosis certificate and that of marriage certificate to be scanned and submitted..

Will it affect decision on his visa?

Must it be original certificate that should be scanned and sent?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by tushqueen(f): 2:30pm On Dec 17, 2020
Our visa were picked up today for my spouse and 2 kids. One of these has issues which we feel should be corrected. The mistake was that one of my compound names (surname) was omitted. Say 'Compound-Name' written correctly for spouse and first kid but written as 'Name' for my last baby.

Do you think this should pose as an issue while traveling?

We complained at the point of collection, so we were asked to make a copy and leave the visa behind for corrections. Has anyone experienced this or something similar? When are we likely to get it corrected as this is delaying our flight bookings
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by lantres000(m): 4:50pm On Dec 17, 2020
Good Evening Guys

Please i will just bother you guys one last time. I am sponsoring my wife to the UK and on the check list of document needed there is one that says "evidence that your sponsor is not or will not be in breach of UK immigration laws at the time of your visit". What document is this please and what other document can suffice for it ?

Please help a brother
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Oggg: 6:00pm On Dec 17, 2020
tushqueen:
Our visa were picked up today for my spouse and 2 kids. One of these has issues which we feel should be corrected. The mistake was that one of my compound names (surname) was omitted. Say 'Compound-Name' written correctly for spouse and first kid but written as 'Name' for my last baby.

Do you think this should pose as an issue while traveling?

We complained at the point of collection, so we were asked to make a copy and leave the visa behind for corrections. Has anyone experienced this or something similar? When are we likely to get it corrected as this is delaying our flight bookings
U should get it corrected. Contact ukvi for correction. They will let you know when to submit it.
timeline also depends on how fast they work on it. There is no specified time.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sweetkid: 7:08pm On Dec 17, 2020
Hello House,
I am about to get a nice paying job in London but the company is requesting for my National Insurance Number which is yet to be given to me. My question is what do I fill in my application , it can't be left blank. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nnemomatina: 7:15pm On Dec 17, 2020
Nnemomatina:
Please, someone applied for spouse visa, but he submitted photocopy of his tuberculosis certificate and that of marriage certificate to be scanned and submitted..

Please someone should help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by taolut: 8:05pm On Dec 17, 2020
Sweetkid:
Hello House,
I am about to get a nice paying job in London but the company is requesting for my National Insurance Number which is yet to be given to me. My question is what do I fill in my application , it can't be left blank. Thanks

I do not think there is a way to go round this as the company is not allowed by law to offer employment to anyone without a valid NI number / proof that they are legally allowed to work in the UK. I suggest you get in touch with the company direct and explain the situation to them.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mimilyrics: 8:20pm On Dec 17, 2020
If you've applied for your NI and are just waiting for it, you usually can use the number on the confirmation form given to you after you apply.

You can start work without a National Insurance number if you can prove that you can work in the UK but some employers will not employ you without it while some will employ you as long as you can show your proof to live and work in the UK (usually your BRP) or proof that you have already applied for your NI. Discuss it with your prospective employer if possible.
If you're employed without it, a temporary code will be used for you till your NI number is available though this means that your NI contributions might be higher than usual for your tax code.

Sweetkid:
Hello House,

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Pristinegold: 10:01pm On Dec 17, 2020
Ok thank you
Sego12345:

I will advice that you wait till Monday
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sweetkid: 11:44pm On Dec 17, 2020
mimilyrics:
If you've applied for your NI and are just waiting for it, you usually can use the number on the confirmation form given to you after you apply.

You can start work without a National Insurance number if you can prove that you can work in the UK but some employers will not employ you without it while some will employ you as long as you can show your proof to live and work in the UK (usually your BRP) or proof that you have already applied for your NI. Discuss it with your prospective employer if possible.
If you're employed without it, a temporary code will be used for you till your NI number is available though this means that your NI contributions might be higher than usual for your tax code.

Thanks I appreciate the feedback

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nnemomatina: 9:37am On Dec 18, 2020
Nnemomatina:

Please help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mimilyrics: 9:45am On Dec 18, 2020
It normally shouldn't except there's an indication that the document is fake.
Nnemomatina:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nnemomatina: 10:05am On Dec 18, 2020
mimilyrics:
It normally shouldn't except there's an indication that the document is fake.

OK, thanks

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by akayd: 4:29pm On Dec 18, 2020
Good day,

I got my refusal letter today.

I really don’t know if these guys wants me to move my savings somewhere else.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by BAM7: 7:24pm On Dec 18, 2020
Good evening House, my son's passport came
out today.

God name be praised.

BAM7:
Good day House,

What is the maximum waiting duration for passport collection after applying for a visa?

We apply for a tier 2 Visa as a family (family of 4).

Biometrics date was : October 2, 2020.

Wife, mine and daughter's passport came with approved visa since October 27.

Since waiting for my son's passport. Several mails has been sent regarding this. Same reply that decision has been made, the VAC will notify you once documents is ready for collection and my patience will be highly appreciated. sad

Anticipate the Gurus in the house response.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nielbaba(m): 7:56pm On Dec 18, 2020
What was your opening balance ? Also u got a loan disbursed within the 6months statement u presented ? I'm not an expert here me too wanting to learn , somebody should please respond
akayd:
Good day,

I got my refusal letter today.

I really don’t know if these guys wants me to move my savings somewhere else.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Cyberknight: 8:01pm On Dec 18, 2020
lantres000:
Good Evening Guys

Please i will just bother you guys one last time. I am sponsoring my wife to the UK and on the check list of document needed there is one that says "evidence that your sponsor is not or will not be in breach of UK immigration laws at the time of your visit". What document is this please and what other document can suffice for it ?

Please help a brother

Proof of your legal status in the UK should be sufficient for this.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Cyberknight: 8:05pm On Dec 18, 2020
Sweetkid:
Hello House,

If you are in the UK and have the entitlement to work, then you tell the company that you've yet to get a NiNo, they will know what to do in terms of arranging a temporary code. And if you havent already applied, apply fast - they're no longer holding interviews due to Covid, so that has speeded up the process somewhat.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by temmyGracee: 9:38pm On Dec 18, 2020
Good evening all. Pls I don't know what to do. I did my biometrics since Nov 2nd and till now I haven't heard or received anything. Please what could be happening or what would you advice me to do?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 9:58pm On Dec 18, 2020
temmyGracee:
Good evening all. Pls I don't know what to do. I did my biometrics since Nov 2nd and till now I haven't heard or received anything. Please what could be happening or what would you advice me to do?
Have you tired tracking your application online to know the stage it is?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by temmyGracee: 5:25am On Dec 19, 2020
How can I do that please?
royalmu:
Have you tired tracking your application online to know the stage it is?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 6:16am On Dec 19, 2020
temmyGracee:
How can I do that please?
Download tls app on playstore and input your details.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by temmyGracee: 7:06am On Dec 19, 2020
I just did that now and it marked everything that my passport has been successfully delivered to me meanwhile I have not even received anything from them
royalmu:
Download tls app on playstore and input your details.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 7:26am On Dec 19, 2020
temmyGracee:
I just did that now and it marked everything that my passport has been successfully delivered to me meanwhile I have not even received anything from them
Contact tls via their website. Click on menu and use the contact us option to reach them. Fill in your details and explain your situation to them. They will get back to you within 3 working days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by temmyGracee: 7:35am On Dec 19, 2020
Okay.
Thank you so much for your time sir.
royalmu:
Contact tls via their website. Click on menu and use the contact us option to reach them. Fill in your details and explain your situation to them. They will get back to you within 3 working days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 8:02am On Dec 19, 2020
temmyGracee:
Okay.
Thank you so much for your time sir.
You are welcome.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 8:48am On Dec 19, 2020
sdakin:
I applied at Ikeja on d 4 of sept
Have you been able to reapply after your last refusal?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Mikey89: 7:00pm On Dec 19, 2020
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55379220

London on total lockdown, this is heart breaking , and I have my flight booked already for 25th .
Please what does this tier 4 mean for people with tourist visa gurus
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 7:23pm On Dec 19, 2020
Mikey89:

London on total lockdown, this is heart breaking , and I have my flight booked already for 25th .

If it's not a family visit I suggest you reschedule your trip. Please note that the above is my personal opinion and not the government policy directive.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brightingsus: 9:07pm On Dec 19, 2020
Mikey89:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Mikey89: 9:37pm On Dec 19, 2020
Brightingsus:

�Omo !!

(1) (2) (3) ... (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.