Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,825 members, 7,828,018 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (426) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1450607 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 11:31pm On Feb 01, 2021
onecoder:

Afriglobal medicare
In Lagos?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by narpheesarh: 9:30am On Feb 02, 2021
Irenenwaka:

Narpheesarh i am so happy for you... when i saw your post, the joy in my heart was as if they were my parents�.
My mum has been refused twice , and now i am pregnant and due in april i am about to make another shot (this time with my hubby and i fully sponsoring her). I hope all goes well for me�. When you were filling the form by the way, since your parents were fully sponsored by u nd hubby what did u put in for the part that inquires on how much they will be spending?

Thanks dear. I put £1200 in that part where they asked how much are you personally planning to spend on the trip. But when they asked is anyone paying towards your visit, I put yes and put my husband's name and then put the whole £1200 as the amount he will contribute. I hope you understand what I mean? Let me know if you require any more help. My parents have been denied once as well. By God's grace they will get it this time.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 9:50am On Feb 02, 2021
narpheesarh:

Thanks dear. I put £1200 in that part where they asked how much are you personally planning to spend on the trip. But when they asked is anyone paying towards your visit, I put yes and put my husband's name and then put the whole £1200 as the amount he will contribute. I hope you understand what I mean? Let me know if you require any more help. My parents have been denied once as well. By God's grace they will get it this time.

I completely understand, thanks a bunch. Ammmeeenn.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by aopecy: 10:25am On Feb 02, 2021
aopecy:
hello house
please I got a refuser email but they state I work for ministry of defense, and that was not what was fill in my application form I work with Hawaii company, so I guess they have misinterpreted my application please house what can I do

Please house I will need help on how and who to put the compliant letter to and what other things should be in the letter

We really appreciate quick responds from the guru in the house

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Uchemus(m): 11:30am On Feb 02, 2021
Called uKVI in december and they said they have made a decision on my application. Called back again today and they said the application was reopened and still under review. Has anyone experienced something similar, or have an idea why, or what this means?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by evenda: 12:14pm On Feb 02, 2021
giselle237:

I dnt want to misinform u as i am not sure. sorry

Thank you for replying still @giselle237
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Oyee08: 4:06pm On Feb 02, 2021
Hello Guys, please my VISA duration starts from February 23, 2021. Please is there a way I can travel to the UK before that particular date?

Please kindly respond, thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oluikotun: 4:59pm On Feb 02, 2021
Hello everyone,
I got an email yesterday by TLS contact yesterday that a decision has been made on my application and my documents are ready for pickup. After picking up my visa, I didn't see a visa not a refusal note.
Is this their new way?
Has anyone had this experience?
How do I get my refusal note because no attachment came with my email?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Michael820(m): 5:32pm On Feb 02, 2021
Please where can one do COVID Test in Ibadan?.
I am seeing some bad reviews on Medicaid radio-diagnostics Ibadan, anyone used them before?

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oluikotun: 5:35pm On Feb 02, 2021
Cyclops33:
Got a refusal letter, what I submitted
6 month savings statement: 7M+
Business account balance: 4M+ over 400M inflow
Property docs etc
Salary : 1,150M monthly
Spend: approximately 300k monthly
They said tourist centers not opened, I honestly do not have anyone to invite me, maybe I ll just apply later when they open.

Did your refusal note come with your passport or by email?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mimilyrics: 6:05pm On Feb 02, 2021
No. If you arrive the UK before then, you'll be refused entry because you have no valid visa. You can arrive any time on the exact date that your visa starts though.
Your visa is valid from the date on it, not before.
Oyee08:
Hello Guys, please my VISA duration starts from February 23, 2021. Please is there a way I can travel to the UK before that particular date?

Please kindly respond, thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by iretiogo1: 6:25pm On Feb 02, 2021
oluikotun:
Hello everyone,
I got an email yesterday by TLS contact yesterday that a decision has been made on my application and my documents are ready for pickup. After picking up my visa, I didn't see a visa not a refusal note.
Is this their new way?
check your mailbox or spam box
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kunzzy4me(m): 8:14pm On Feb 02, 2021
oluikotun:
Hello everyone,
Is this their new way?

I don't know for them oo...a family friend got same msg but no refusal sent up till this moment since October 2020....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by chrisj2(m): 12:40pm On Feb 03, 2021
Michael820:
Please where can one do COVID Test in Ibadan?.
I am seeing some bad reviews on Medicaid radio-diagnostics Ibadan, anyone used them before?

Thanks

What was the review exactly? Was it online or in a forum or word of mouth?

I am not sure you have another accredited test centres in Ibadan apart from UCH... Whether they do a fit to travel or PCR or could deliver result in 48 hours - I don't know?

Let the Forum know how you got on, so others can learn
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Pristinegold: 1:18pm On Feb 03, 2021
Good day everyone....@Giselle and other gurus in the house pls help me on what to do..I just received a refusal mail now stating that I used non genuine statement I'm 100% sure that the statement is genuine because it's my personal savings account nd I collected both reference and the statement from the gtb close to ikeja tls...Pls what should I do? This is so heartbroken I waited 43 days before i got this mail����
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kunzzy4me(m): 2:11pm On Feb 03, 2021
Pristinegold:
Good day everyone....@Giselle and other gurus in the house pls help me on what to do..I just received a refusal mail now stating that I used non genuine statement I'm 100% sure that the statement is genuine because it's my personal savings account nd I collected both reference and the statement from the gtb close to ikeja tls...Pls what should I do? This is so heartbroken I waited 43 days before i got this mail����

Sorry about that ... Can you post the refusal letter here for the gurus in the house to access and probably advise you better on what u need to do.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Pristinegold: 3:45pm On Feb 03, 2021
Pls gurus say something..this refusal isn't mine I want to believe there's a mixed up somewhere....the statement is my savings account and I collected it myself...how can they refused me of something I didn't do�������

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 4:33pm On Feb 03, 2021
Pristinegold:
Pls gurus say something..this refusal isn't mine I want to believe there's a mixed up somewhere....the statement is my savings account and I collected it myself...how can they refused me of something I didn't do�������
You have to contend this decision if and only if you are very sure that you didn't submit oluwole bank statement. Go to your bank and explain things to them, you can show them this refusal letter. Get them to give you a letter stating that the bank statement is not fake and of course there should be phone numbers home office can reach them on if necessary. Pray for favour and be hopeful. Don't despair. You will get the last laugh if truly you submitted genuine bank statement. Send your email to complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Pristinegold: 4:56pm On Feb 03, 2021
Thank you so much for ur response..I truly submitted genuine bank statement( The statement is my personal savings acct, I opened it in 2016). I will go to the bank tomorrow and hopefully send the mail tomorrow aswel. I will keep you updated...I'm so so depressed rn�

royalmu:
You have to contend this decision if and only if you are very sure that you didn't submit oluwole bank statement. Go to your bank and explain things to them, you can show them this refusal letter. Get them to give you a letter stating that the bank statement is not fake and of course there should be phone numbers home office can reach them on if necessary. Pray for favour and be hopeful. Don't despair. You will get the last laugh if truly you submitted genuine bank statement. Send your email to complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Michael820(m): 5:16pm On Feb 03, 2021
chrisj2:

What was the review exactly? Was it online or in a forum or word of mouth?

I am not sure you have another accredited test centres in Ibadan apart from UCH... Whether they do a fit to travel or PCR or could deliver result in 48 hours - I don't know?

Let the Forum know how you got on, so others can learn

I saw the review here https://www.nairaland.com/6342475/anyone-recommend-other-covid-19-test.

I have taken my test with them today though, there is no other alternatives in Ibadan.

Finger crossed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 5:17pm On Feb 03, 2021
Pristinegold:
Thank you so much for ur response..I truly submitted genuine bank statement( The statement is my personal savings acct, I opened it in 2016). I will go to the bank tomorrow and hopefully send the mail tomorrow aswel. I will keep you updated...I'm so so depressed rn�

It is well pristine, dont be depressed.... strength is what you need now to carefully and accurately overturn their decision.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 5:24pm On Feb 03, 2021
Pristinegold:

Don't be depressed. You have to keep pushing until you're vindicated.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Pristinegold: 5:31pm On Feb 03, 2021
Irenenwaka:

It is well pristine, dont be depressed.... strength is what you need now to carefully and accurately overturn their decision.

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by chrisj2(m): 8:37pm On Feb 03, 2021
Michael820:

I saw the review here https://www.nairaland.com/6342475/anyone-recommend-other-covid-19-test.

I have taken my test with them today though, there is no other alternatives in Ibadan.

Finger crossed.

I hope you settled them a bit because I think the analysis of the samples are done in Abuja... Your result will likely be ready on Saturday - will they be there on Saturday? And did you get a guarantee that the result should be ready by Friday or Saturday afternoon?

Are you travelling to the UK? I did say that your test should be 72 hours pre-departure? Have they told you it can be 96 hours before departure?

I hope you know what you are doing?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by chrisj2(m): 8:39pm On Feb 03, 2021
Pristine, you opened your account in 2016? So, go and get all your bank statements from as far back as you can go and then the present day... If you can show that, then, you have a quick way of proving yourself.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 9:09pm On Feb 03, 2021
Pristinegold:
Also ask the agent very well what he uploaded as I remember u saying before that agent helped with your application.
P.S kindly disregard if this is not true

Then check if the acc number ending used coincides with yours.. also u can go to the bank to get all ur evidence lined up and history printed out as the bank will surely have all this information. Contest the decision if u know u have been wrongly judged cause as at now, you have been banned
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Pristinegold: 9:36pm On Feb 03, 2021
giselle237:

Also ask the agent very well what he uploaded as I remember u saying before that agent helped with your application.
P.S kindly disregard if this is not true

Then check if the acc number ending used coincides with yours.. also u can go to the bank to get all ur evidence lined up and history printed out as the bank will surely have all this information. Contest the decision if u know u have been wrongly judged cause as at now, you have been banned

Good evening Giselle thanks for ur response. I used an agent but the bank statement used against me is my personal savings account. I collected both statement nd reference myself...The acct num ending is mine...I ll go the bank first thing tomorrow for the statement of acct from date of opening till date and also a letter from them
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Pristinegold: 9:36pm On Feb 03, 2021
chrisj2:
Pristine, you opened your account in 2016? So, go and get all your bank statements from as far back as you can go and then the present day... If you can show that, then, you have a quick way of proving yourself.
Thank you..gonna do that tomorrow
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by askari01: 9:45pm On Feb 03, 2021
Pristinegold:

There is difference between submitting an account collected from the bank without tampering and also submitting an account collected from the bank and reproduced at oluwole for boosting.

Infact I have heard so many cases of fake accounts at the UK embassy but to anyone who is planning to apply for UK Visa with a fake account... YOUR 10YEARS BAN IS READY FOR PICKUP.

Let me give you a clue of how ur account would be verified, The first , middle and last page of ur statement would be scanned to your bank head office for verification together with your passport data page so as to confirm you picture and signature. Some other bankers on here would attest to this.

once the account is confirmed as genuine then there is 90% assurance that ur Visa would be issued.

So therefore fight it if the account is genuine to overturn this 10years ban that has been packaged for you. Delay is dangerous.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by askari01: 9:57pm On Feb 03, 2021
Pristinegold:

Good evening Giselle thanks for ur response. I used an agent but the bank statement used against me is my personal savings account. I collected both statement nd reference myself...The acct num ending is mine...I ll go the bank first thing tomorrow for the statement of acct from date of opening till date and also a letter from them

Let me not forget to tell you that the agent might have tampered with the account by increasing the balance with or without ur consent therefore ASK YOUR AGENT VERY WELL COS Once you file in ur complaints. the embassy would take the hard copy of the statements to that branch gangan that your account is domiciled to confirm the genuity... "Pls no one should quote me ooo". Dont private chat me .. I wont responde. Thx

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by chrisj2(m): 10:08pm On Feb 03, 2021
Pristinegold:

Thank you..gonna do that tomorrow

Good!

If you can show a history of your account with statements dating back maybe 2 years and every one of the statement rally in terms of opening balances and closing balances then you have a good case...

Folks should avoid using Agents? You do not need one - unless, things are not straightforward, then it should be an immigration lawyer not an agent.

GTB is supposed to be one of those new age banks, so your statements should be with them for even 5 years back...

Good luck!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sanmigbola: 10:28pm On Feb 03, 2021
Greetings my people. I need to gist you guys what happened on my recent journey:

On getting to Heathrow on the .... of January, I went to meet the UK border officer to stamp my passport, I never knew London will be on tier 5 lockdown that same day.
Na so questioning start o
1st question : why are you in the UK
Answer: visiting

2nd question : where will you be staying
Answer: with my aunty

3rd question : where is your locator form(I gave it to him).

4th question : do you know that London is on tier 5 lockdown?
Answer : I'm just hearing about that.

5th question: Did you fill her information on your visa application form.
Answer: No, because I just got to know after I got my visa that she is based in the UK through my dad's younger brother and we've lost communication for a long time

6th question: give me her information and telephone number.

7th question : 'asked some personal questions about me based on what I filled on my visa application form' (wrote them down).

Na so the guy collect my passport and return ticket and told me to sit in a mini detention center. When am sure I didn't use any agent and I filled my form myself and most especially I was truthful, I wasn't scared.

He left me there for like 40mins, he came back with another officer and requested for my luggage, we proceeded to look for it after seeing it, Na so searching start o. They only saw some food items and told me to pack my luggage, counted the money with me and returned all my properties back and told me to sign a form that I have collected my properties.

During the period of searching the officer saw my debit card and noticed my name was not arranged very well on the card( middle and first name where not arranged very well), thinking the card is not mine, na so I open my bank app on my phone trying to explain to him that the mistake is from the bank, he collected my phone confirmed my salary payment and also the recent transfer I did to my wife before he was satisfied.

The final stage was to call my aunt to confirm my story, Na so village people start again(my aunt no quick pick call) at last she finally picked the call and confirmed all my story exactly how I told them and also confirmed her status in the UK.

At long last the officer came back to me and was apologizing for the delay, he even offered to show me the way to where I will get a train to my destination.

Though, am back in Nigeria after the holiday but just felt I should let you know my experience.

If you are going for vacation, now is not the best time to go except you want to visit family members which is even risky because the lockdown is still on in the UK.

Assuming I didn't link up with my aunt, I would have been deported straight away because hotels were on lockdown.

Na so Baba God help me fight village people wey follow me enter flight go UK o.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.